Too all those LAME high AP dungeon requests ...

AttacKat

7 hours ago, Zedonia said:

Because I have to read this shit over and over: At first: People fail sometimes. That happens, even if some People think they are perfect or whatever. A FM will NEVER cause you to die. If you die, it's your own fault. You can die because  the was not stunned yeti in heat phase. No one can flame others here because everyone could have stun be himself. In cold Phase you can die because of being frozen and the onehittet. Well, you can iframe the freze. You can also iframe the hits which freeze you. Haven't done that? Well, your own fault. Did you ignore the ice before? Yes? Well, you failed anyway. Did a fm used his frost shield in the beginning instead of the last hits? Well, happens, but why don't you just iframe after the first hits? It's your own fault after all. Don't flame others because they are not carrying you.

If a certain person in your party has a specific job to do, and they're not doing it, then yes, it's their fault. WTF is wrong with you? Do you not know how a PARTY works?

In any case, I wasn't flaming anyone. I was describing a situation that has occurred multiple times in my experience. You may not be aware of this, but if an FM says "I'll freeze during ice" and then people just focus on DPSing the boss, and then there's 8 ice waves, there are classes that CANNOT dodge all 8 waves, if say, the FM used the ice at the wrong time before and it's on CD. Also, another thing you obviously may not have noticed, but when an FM ices you, there is a period after you come out of the ice where you can't use ANY of your skills. Do you have any idea how hard it is to "just iframe after the first hits" when you can't use any skills?

And that's just describing the way an FM can mess up your group (which seems to be a sore spot for you, you an FM by any chance?). If you've used your stuns in the previous heat phase and they're on cd for the next phase and no one stuns...is that your fault? If you're in a party with a summoner who pins the boss when there's only a few seconds left before you're iced, is that your fault? I don't know what your problem is, or how you play the game, but sometimes the mistakes of others CAN get you killed. Now, there's nothing wrong with trying to be self-sufficient and depending only on yourself to keep you alive, but there's a difference between trying to do that, and saying that it's impossible for others to do things that are completely out of your control, that lead to your death. Don't be naive, and don't insist that others be so either.

Now, you're right. People fail sometimes. In my experience, more geared people tend to fail less, and that's all I've been saying in this thread in the first place. Sorry, if I struck a nerve with you, but in the end, what AP people want in their party is a personal choice that really has little to no impact on other players, who can always find a group that wants to go with them just by hitting the random queue button and rolling the dice.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High ap requirement tends to say "Carry me" so they can brute force their way through. But I've seen funnier requirements where they demand atleast 70k hp and kicked me out despite having more attack than any single one of their members.

10 hours ago, Zedonia said:

A FM will NEVER cause you to die. If you die, it's your own fault. You can die because  the was not stunned yeti in heat phase. No one can flame others here because everyone could have stun be himself.

HAHAHAHAHA

No. An FM can make you die if they don't sheath properly, and this is coming from an FM. If during a 5 crux cold phase, an FM decides to use sheath for the first 3 and q e the last 2 hits, it can mess up a summoner's iframe. An FM can kill another FM if he uses Frost Sheath instead of Meteor Shower. In other words, an FM who doesn't know what the heck he's doing can cause you to die. 

1 hour ago, Familiar said:

In any case, I wasn't flaming anyone. I was describing a situation that has occurred multiple times in my experience. You may not be aware of this, but if an FM says "I'll freeze during ice" and then people just focus on DPSing the boss, and then there's 8 ice waves, there are classes that CANNOT dodge all 8 waves, if say, the FM used the ice at the wrong time before and it's on CD. Also, another thing you obviously may not have noticed, but when an FM ices you, there is a period after you come out of the ice where you can't use ANY of your skills. Do you have any idea how hard it is to "just iframe after the first hits" when you can't use any skills?

An FM can protect you from 8 crux cold phase. What the FM just need to do is use Frost Armor (Tab) for the first 5 hits, use Ice Burst to release the Frost Armor (Tab again), then use Frost Sheath (V) for the last 3 hits. That way the whole party survives. You also mentioned that there is a period of time when you come out of the ice and you can't use any of your skills. Yeah, true, but that only happens if you don't press F to defrost and remove the Frost Sheath. You are supposed to count how many times the yeti has hit the floor, and defrost after the last hit, then iframe his jump. 

And by the way, I've seen Blade Masters iframing all 8 crux. 

This is a non-issue.

Why not just make your own party with lower AP requirement or just que for it.

Do you honestly believe that people that premade will want a slower run rather than a faster run with well geared people.

If someone just want to make a group for a fast run, they're not going to ask for 390 AP and believe in the heart of the cards to do as much damage with someone that has 500 unless there's a vast difference in skill.

Most groups asking for high AP because they want to go in clear it and leave within 7 minutes, they're not looking for 500 AP to do first time clear.

2 hours ago, Erovianni said:

High ap requirement tends to say "Carry me" so they can brute force their way through. But I've seen funnier requirements where they demand atleast 70k hp and kicked me out despite having more attack than any single one of their members.

well that is your fault... Why would you join a party when you do not meet the requirements?

It does not matter what the requirement is it could say "250 AP or less only!" well if your over 250 AP than you shouldn't join....

heck it could say "5k+ crit only" well if you do not meet that requirement than why are you wasting everyone's time by joining it?

just make your own party if it hurts you that much

On 4/4/2016 at 11:08 AM, AttacKat said:

Stop asking for the easy button.

Lately I am seeing sh*tloads of 450AP for BSH, 500AP for Yeti 6 man in party formations. Please stop making a fool out of yourselves and learn you class and know your skills.

This guy done it with only 460AP and over a minute to spare:

Like some of the others said, these guys have the right to ask for whatever ap they want, it's their own personal premade group. They can even ask for 800 ap.  Still 500 ap does seem laughable for 6 man yeti. At first i thought you guys were talking about 4 man lol. I just started doing 4 man yeti since yesterday and 4 man does require 500+ ap.

One of the runs was with someone that was 514 ap, 520 ap(me), and the remaining 2 were around 480ap and even tho we beat the dungeon, we had to try our hardest and barely made it pass the timer at the end.

16 hours ago, Song said:

HAHAHAHAHA

No. An FM can make you die if they don't sheath properly, and this is coming from an FM. If during a 5 crux cold phase, an FM decides to use sheath for the first 3 and q e the last 2 hits, it can mess up a summoner's iframe. An FM can kill another FM if he uses Frost Sheath instead of Meteor Shower. In other words, an FM who doesn't know what the heck he's doing can cause you to die. 

An FM can protect you from 8 crux cold phase. What the FM just need to do is use Frost Armor (Tab) for the first 5 hits, use Ice Burst to release the Frost Armor (Tab again), then use Frost Sheath (V) for the last 3 hits. That way the whole party survives. You also mentioned that there is a period of time when you come out of the ice and you can't use any of your skills. Yeah, true, but that only happens if you don't press F to defrost and remove the Frost Sheath. You are supposed to count how many times the yeti has hit the floor, and defrost after the last hit, then iframe his jump. 

And by the way, I've seen Blade Masters iframing all 8 crux. 

Yeah, BMs can dodge all 8 easily. As a summoner it's literally impossible to dodge all 8. There's no way it can be done. I usually wait for the frost to go away on its own because the FMs I usually run with wait until the last 3 hits to freeze. Didn't know about breaking it early to prevent myself from being unable to use skills. Thanks for that, and it'll definitely save my life in future runs with...inexperienced FMs.

I haven´t read this all the way, but what I can say is the requirements get higher and higher by every week.

Also the knowledge gets less and people act stupid more often because they think you need more Ap.

ONE BIG POINT JUST PUSHING YOUR AP AND NOT HP AND CRIT RATE+DMG WON´T BRING YOU FAR.

I had so many random pts where people had 480 ap and 2k crit with 30-40k life.

Having this crappy stats will help you less than a Player with 370ap and 3,5k Crit 1k Crit Dmg.

You do high base dmg with no crit, but you nearly never crit.

Since crit is mostly about 150-200% Dmg of a skill you will do tard dmg and be dragged by the 370 Ap guy who might know the dungeon (f.ex. Naryu Lab).

Now for all those telling Im Nooby.

My main has 508 Ap and 5k Crit 62k Life and 1,3k Critdmg Just with True Pirate Wep and True Siren Accs.

Here a bit for new Players.

For a normal smooth 6man run you just need:

Bsh 300-340 Ap

Naryu 350-400 Ap but at least about 40k life to not instant die

Lair 400-440 Ap The easiest Dungeon in the whole game since 45 (4 man differs a bit like 450+ Ap)

Awak. Necropolis 430-460 Ap

Yeti 450-480 Ap

Thats about the good Ap for starters, but you can manage all dungeon with less f.ex. Yeti with 430 Ap if your good group np.

But pls the new ones don´t forget the Crit it´s so stressy going in Dungeons with people having 60-80 Ap more than your twink and still always

tanking because they don´t deal any dmg.

You can also have 2 Soulshield Sets one tanky for difficult dungeon 4 man where you want to tank, but for 6 man you just need good Hp and good Dps to keed aggro.

Here one example of a run I had.

A guy with 430 Ap yelling at another Player we failed on Be Ido.

He said he had not enough Ap but he had Crit.

So I told him to calm down and said he hasn´t got good sats also, since he had less crit than the other guy and me.

Also he knew nothing about the boss mechanics so we explained and the boss wen´t down easy.

Thing is this thinking produces more stupid Ignorants like this guy so pls keep in mind,

High Ap are for Speedruns.

450Ap and 3,5k Crit 40k life are enough for any dungeon out yet including Yeti.

To go further is just making it easier and faster.

And again guy hits always no crit 480 Ap f.ex 2-3k hits, guy wth 400 Ap but 3,5k Crit does lots of crits every 2-3rd hit about 4-7k.

Do the math yourself.

Just my 2 cents.

Sry about wall but Im sick of all this Ignorance and high Ap pts with complete incompetence.

17 hours ago, MasterBlaster said:

One of the runs was with someone that was 514 ap, 520 ap(me), and the remaining 2 were around 480ap and even tho we beat the dungeon, we had to try our hardest and barely made it pass the timer at the end.

Then there is certainly some lacking in your team's skills then. I have done 4-man Yeti since I got 460 AP with team that were around 500 AP. Of course it took some time to learn the mechanism with their help but after I started to understand and be able not to die it's pretty easy to kill Yeti with 1 minute spare time.

On 2016/4/11 at 9:10 PM, MerlinBG said:

I am not sure if most, but yeah, yesterday I decided to go for a rather late yeti run and joined a "450+ FAST RUN" group, description might give a hint why.

Well, believe it or not - we failed. And I have to say, my impression is, that oney 2 persons have done this dungeon before, me being one of those two. "Fast run" and "450+", loled.

I believe most in failure on this server lmao

Cheers my sir

On 4/9/2016 at 10:58 AM, Reyfer said:

Sometime, someone will be so nice as to explain why this western fetish with speed.....why does everything has to be done fast? What is the rush? where are you going?

What is there to explain? There could be a million reason as there could be none. For me personally, I have limited time each day for this game. When I was in the lower ~400AP range, as discouraging as it if was seeing all the 500AP grps, I made my own grp. Did it take longer to find ppl to join? Yes. Do we have successful runs? Yes and no, it varies. Got a few 1st timers a few times, and some times ppl will say "its my 1st time, teach me" <------ good example. And some times I get ppl that doesn't say a thing and just hoping to be carried/blunder their way through the dungeon <---- bad example.

Now I am in the ~500AP range, I stop making grps myself and just join w/e I see. Do we always run smoothly and successfully? Yes and no, it varies. Ran 4men Fang the other day, on first final boss half way through I can already tell we were not dealing enough dps. Left and joined another. There are times I join BSH and some players don't know certain skill can effect the boss to disrupt its skill. Or aggro a bunch of mobs in POH and wasting time on the adds.

Its fine you want to play the game at your own pace, but consider x-server is for grp. I like to be considerate to others. You are of course free to advertise for "No AP required, and will obliterate everything I see in my path"

On 4/11/2016 at 5:54 AM, AttacKat said:

But you see, the issue here is I am seeing this ALL the time in PUG party announcements, which creates a false "standard" to the general population.

In your example, those low AP players now is going to believe that their 375AP isn't good enough and when they push their AP to 450 they will not have any issues. The fact is, their AP is plenty for 6-man, but you guys tried to tell them how to play their class and none of them made the adjustments. Those same players with 450AP isn't going to help change that.

I had the same issue with Naryu when I was around ~400AP, ppl advertised for 450+AP players and I just would not run Naryu because I thought I was too low geared for it. I ran it when 2 clannies when I was even lowered AP(~380), and the entire time I felt like my clannies were carrying me too much. I decided not run until I have better gear. And then one day I just ventured into the unknown. I read up some strategies for the bosses and I used LFP. It wasn't really smooth, but we finished it. After I joined a new clan (old one died) my clannies helped me for Naryu achievement and Moon soul. They were all in ~500AP range. It was efficient and painless. Will I run with ppl under 400AP for Naryu? I would be happy to help a clanny in that AP range, but I would rather not run it with pug. Not being an elitist, but 1) I don't want to carry ppl, 2) As a fm I'll have aggro all the way, unless kitty taunts, 3) Run the risk of 1st timers that just want to leech their way through.

For BSH/POH, I actully don't mind that much about AP because they are relatively shorter. But what is really annoying is that I see ppl join Lv45 dungeons as Lv43/44. It may be they are that good, but even the adds could few shot them dead. More often then not, I see ppl who have no idea what they are doing in POH and unwilling to speak up to ask for help or pointers. True we bear some faults, but don't the ppl who are lower geared just unwilling to advertise or say they are new and expect to leech bear the some faults too? Instead of trying to ask ppl to change, why don't you start making grp with lower AP requirements then? (If you do, kudos to you) Or help out ppl that's LFP. At least that's what I try to do and even when I was lower geared, I never expect this trend to change in BnS.

On 4/21/2016 at 8:55 AM, Robsai said:

Here a bit for new Players.

For a normal smooth 6man run you just need:

Bsh 300-340 Ap

Naryu 350-400 Ap but at least about 40k life to not instant die

Lair 400-440 Ap The easiest Dungeon in the whole game since 45 (4 man differs a bit like 450+ Ap)

Awak. Necropolis 430-460 Ap

Yeti 450-480 Ap

You can 3-man Necropolis at 430AP. One Assassin with 430AP and a properly fused shield can melt off half the scorpion's health alone. Someone posted a video of (better-geared) players doing it duo with a full minute to spare. 6-man Lair and Necropolis might as well have no AP requirement at all, and I've never seen a group fail for having missed the DPS check, no matter how terrible the players may have been at hitting the opponent at all.

I don't quite understand all the crying over this. Here's a simple solution: ignore high ap parties and use cross server. 

People chose to party with high ap because it's a faster run and saves time. Quite understandable? Theres nothing hard about finding a lower ap party and completing dungeons with skills. ._.

about those kids who whine "u cannot do asura with less than 120 acc." have a clue. asura 6 is stupidly a normal dungeon with nice mechanics.

i have 113% and i barely missed 2-3 times. how many CC have u to do on asura? hmmm.....zero? get your answer.

less theory more practice

On 4/4/2016 at 11:08 AM, AttacKat said:

Stop asking for the easy button.

Lately I am seeing sh*tloads of 450AP for BSH, 500AP for Yeti 6 man in party formations. Please stop making a fool out of yourselves and learn you class and know your skills.

This guy done it with only 460AP and over a minute to spare:

When I cross server Yeti 6 man, I advertise (or join) 500+ AP groups.  When joining random lobbies, I can't count the number of Yeti PUG's I've seen wipe (or finish close to the timer with half the party dead) due to not cc'ing, mixing cc's, missing iframes, not clearing ice, etc.  It's simply more likely that a player who's invested that level of time (or money) into their character is going to be experienced with the mechanics (they've watched videos, run with their static/clan, learned on their own in random queues, etc.) and less likely to make the type of mistakes that will lead to wipes.

Until or unless NCSoft gives us another way to queue (filter for those w/ 4 man completion maybe?), I don't know a better way to increase the chance of success.

• 3 months later...

I was looking at how I get more AP, I have about 430 lvl 50,Hongmoon 3 And the way people been bragging about how they have 600 AP I was thinking I was doing wrong. Since I feel I do pretty good I do suck at pvp tho but I still try. But I thought I needed to have 600 Ap to be any good...

Archived