Will you donate 3g to your clan every day?

Passel

recently, our clan leader decided we should donate 3g every day to the clan to help clan progress.

His reason this should be no big deal since you can easy make 3g from arena. The problem is most of us are pve players and we dont even have enough gold to upgrade our gears.

Is this asking too much?

so far our clan is lvl 5 and I dont see any benefits from the clan, so what is the verdict?

No clan should try to make you pay if you don't want to (or can't afford it). A donation should be just that, a donation. 

EDIT: I'm a clan leader and even I wouldn't donate 3g to my clan every day.

Well 3g is a bit much but i do think a donation amount isn't entirely unreasonable depending on how you use the clan. Like me, i would just join for hongmoon pellet and the slightly cheaper weapon upgrade costs and such. In order to access the higher ranks where you get those benefits money has to be spent on the clan. The easiest way to get that is say everyone donates x amount each x number of days. Or, those who want the benefits are ranked to use such and they pay for the benefits they want. Or.. if you didnt care for any of the benefits and just wanted to be in a clan with friends then donate if you so choose to.

yeah I'm more of the I just want to hang out and talk on discord type of clan member (do 3v3s or pve)

I would not be in a clan that forced me to donate....

as for the cheaper weapon upgrades I am rank 9 so the clan one doesn't really help me much as I already get a nice discount.

I would rather it be where people who do want to donate can and will get the benefits while the ones who do not will not receive the benefits.

but 3g a day hell no....

18 minutes ago, Saksoy said:

No. Being in a guild has no advantages. 

Discounts on upgrade mats because private crafters and people with good gear/skill willing to run dungeons/arena with you at the drop of the hat sounds pretty good.

I feel people have just experienced bad guilds.

It's a NO

You get 0 benefit from your clan and most clan don't give a shit to their clan members unless your gears is freaking good so they can leech your life out byask you  carry out the weak one for free loots.

if u dont want, leave the guild. what's the problem?

guild levels helps.

%discounts

crafts

player capacity

everyone now complains and discredits guilds. then they  discover the battleground which needs a guild and they  wil whine like kids.

TL;DR: if u dont want, dont stay. if u want to stay you pay.

2 minutes ago, Shukran said:

if u dont want, leave the guild. what's the problem?

guild levels helps.

%discounts

crafts

player capacity

everyone now complains and discredits guilds. then they  discover the battleground which needs a guild and they  wil whine like kids.

TL;DR: if u dont want, dont stay. if u want to stay you pay.

3g a day is steep....

30 minutes ago, Puppy Pie said:

3g a day is steep....

ofc!

i wont go in too deep.

but maybe leader saw late that his guild needs a big update and pretend to hast it a lot.

ther are already lvl 14 guilds...legend says...

No way would I pay that, even if I had it. I'm more of a casual player so it's hard enough to get enough money for my materials and i don't think you should have to pay to be in a guild plus 3g everyday is waaay too much, why does he even want/need it?

3 Gold a day, currently with NCSoft going crazy with the content updates, is insane even if it is easy to get by doing dailies.  That is membership fee, and a steep one especially if the Clan leader micromanages it very closely.

As a Clan Leader myself, I have tried to arrange a weekly daily run where everyone in the Clan would run a few dailies together once a week (Faction and regular) then donate a chunk of the earnings from that (both Soulstones and Gold) to the clan in order to slowly but eventually Rank up the Clan.  With this new content though and everyone needing to upgrade everything (including myself ofc), I put that on hold for now also.

I am still seeing semi-regular donations to the Clan regardless (being Gold, and Insignias mostly with the occasional Soulstones), less is more do not put a mandatory charge your members for a home in game (we already have to pay for one out of game).

Not everyone has time, feels like or cares about efficiently farming gold everyday, let alone Arena of all things if you are a PvEr. Besides, there're no real benefits to clans besides being closer to a bunch of people who will hopefully be active and able to help each other. Once you have that first, then lvling a clan won't feel like a chore.

Calling 3g donation a day steep is an understatement. No clan that makes such ludricrous demands are worth anyone's time.

I donate about 50 soul stones every other day to my clan so about 200 a week. I need my gold since i don't sell stuff on the market. Also I dont do faction dailies cause they suck. We are like level 12. I also do A LOT of runs and stuff helping each other gear up and get recipes. They also have helped me a ton. Give and take. Also it is very important to upgrade your clan. You will see in later patches. 

2 minutes ago, Maeyamada said:

I donate about 50 soul stones every other day to my clan so about 200 a week. I need my gold since i don't sell stuff on the market. Also I dont do faction dailies cause they suck. We are like level 12. I also do A LOT of runs and stuff helping each other gear up and get recipes. They also have helped me a ton. Give and take. Also it is very important to upgrade your clan. You will see in later patches. 

How the hell can you donate 200 soulstones a week and not do faction dailys...  do you have  a secret soulstone mine  that nobody knows about ?

Archived