allready a warlock bug??? with dragon call,

Dalapie

I have this problem too.

Is it really only a problem with the tutorials? Surely they use the same mechanics (algorithms) as the main game.

The problem is that the only mobs outside the tutorial who are strong enough to survive imprison have skills to break free from shackle and thus I can't let imprison finish.

The only thing annoying about Dragon Call is animation of Dragon Call itself.

EX: Regular skill cast your skill hit the mobs right after the cast time done, if Dragon Call got proc'ed and become instant cast then you have 0 cast time but the animation took like 3 seconds before the skill actually hit the mobs (ani-cancel have nothing to do with it) in some cases you're already as good as dead by that time lol.

is not a BUG! is casted instantly! you use 3rd skill when is finished you press 4  and *bam* is casted, you can now use another skills at same time animation is running! if you just press 4 without 3rd skill you CAST the SKILL and CAN'T USE OTHERS SKILLS.

5 minutes ago, Elmoren said:

Just reproduced this outside the tutorial when I used Imprison on one mob and another arrived. I let the Imprison finish and then tried Dragoncall, and it was NOT instant!

It's not described well in the skill tooltip. But if you let Imprison finish, you'll see the icon for Dragoncall change. If you cast at this point, it doesn't instantly hit the target like the tooltip says. However, you can move and use other skills. Try using Dragoncall by itself, you will cancel it if you try to move.

I think people are mistaking cast animation to instant cast. Instant cast simply means the timer is removed. When you have the Blue icon Dragon Call, it's simply removing the timer of the skill itself, it's not a real "instant cast" merely the removal of the timer. When you cast Blue dragoncall, let the animation finish. 

This threw me off at first when I started playing warlock, but I figured it out. 

"Instant Cast" is not the same thing as "Instant effect"

The first few times I used this skill, I had expected to instantly blast my foe with a spell. It does not do that. As you noticed, it STILL takes about 2.5 seconds for the dragons to slam into your target. 

However, while "instant" dragoncall and wingstorm are not actually instant, you can move and use other skills during it! It's more like an ani-cancel than what you normally think of as an "instant" cast. This has some pretty good combo potential. 

A normal dragon call cast is canceled if you move or use a different skill, but the "instant" one is not. That is the real difference. 

Once you get the hang of "instant" casts along with the cooldown reducing and resetting skills, you can seriously start spamming spell chains and using several high-powered skills simultaneously.

9 minutes ago, Cesura said:

This threw me off at first when I started playing warlock, but I figured it out. 

"Instant Cast" is not the same thing as "Instant effect"

The first few times I used this skill, I had expected to instantly blast my foe with a spell. It does not do that. As you noticed, it STILL takes about 2.5 seconds for the dragons to slam into your target. 

However, while "instant" dragoncall and wingstorm are not actually instant, you can move and use other skills during it! It's more like an ani-cancel than what you normally think of as an "instant" cast. This has some pretty good combo potential. 

A normal dragon call cast is canceled if you move or use a different skill, but the "instant" one is not. That is the real difference. 

Once you get the hang of "instant" casts along with the cooldown reducing and resetting skills, you can seriously start spamming spell chains and using several high-powered skills simultaneously.

You can dual cast Dragon Call when you get Leech by leeching straight after the first animation occurs (when dragons start rising) and you can follow leech up with another Dragon Call Instant right after then follow that up with whatever you want, it's insane how much damage WL can throw at a single mob (: 

Back to topic though, I would suggest letting the animation finish up right after an instant Dragon call (blue icon) if you want to get the quest done. You can start practicing the animation cancels when you've done all of the training quests. I suggest using it on a boss of some sort to practice how it actually works in comparison to what Hajoon teaches you (: 

I think saying people are "mistaking" stuff is a bit harsh. The tooltip is clearly misleading.

And the total absence of invincible target dummy's to practise these sort of skills is also really hard. I couldn't even practise this with my friend. The moment Imprison finished, Dragoncall went grey because my friend was dead already.

14 minutes ago, Elmoren said:

I think saying people are "mistaking" stuff is a bit harsh. The tooltip is clearly misleading.

And the total absence of invincible target dummy's to practise these sort of skills is also really hard. I couldn't even practise this with my friend. The moment Imprison finished, Dragoncall went grey because my friend was dead already.

There's training dummies in Mushins Tower.

3 minutes ago, Shaidon said:

After the 5 ticks of Imprison, Dragoncall icon will flash, that is the time to cast it. Is instant, since you can even start moving, the animation that takes a while.

I got that but I thought I got instant damage hit and not like 3 seconds later...you're already dead in some cases.

In what way is the tooltip misleading? I says "Next Dragoncall or Wingstorm cast instantly upon successful finishing attack" which is exactly what it does.

If the attack finishes (the last hit of the skill) the next Dragoncall is cast instantly (no cast time, skill goes off the moment you hit the button).

What is misleading ppl into thinking it does not work is the slow projectile speed compared to other skills.

Also you get to try it on an invincible enemy during the Hajoon training session so you will be aware of the 2-3 second delay before it hits shortly after you get the skill.

There are a lot of other skills where the tooltip is actually misleading like Dimensional Volley:

"After using Dimensional Charge, Dimensional Salvo is available for 1sec." actually means "After 1 sec of Dimensional Charge (buff after casting volley), Dimensional Salvo is available"

Major problem is...the class is *cricket*ed up, the sifhen (dunno the correct name, the F that allow u to cast dragon and wingstorm) are bugged, in all versions when u use F u can cast dragon and wing instantly, but in our version we need wait the F come back to allow us to use dragon and wingstorm cast instantly, thats really bad or a bug, but if u watch warlock pvp in youtube (not na or eu version ofc) you will notice that after u press F u can cast instantly, this rly mess up with warlock since took 1 to 2s to the F effect come back to warlock and allow to use insta cast, enough time to snare end and get stunned and then lose the insta cast, god job ncsoft (Y) 

@Slyce It does not cast instantly. The time between pressing the button and the damage being done is the same whether the "instant cast" is enabled or not. A delay between end of casting and damage done, as you are suggesting means that when not "instant cast" the delay between pressing the button and damage being done would be longer because you would have 2.5 second cast time PLUS extra time due to "slow projectile speed".

During the Hajoon training session, during which you only get 3 "successful" tries, there is no inclination to move while "casting" Dragoncall. Because of this you don't notice the difference. Because there is none unless you move.

What the tooltip should say is not "instant cast" but "able to cast while moving and casting other abilities".

The tooltips are generally AWFUL. For example when I read Rolling Typhoon and about the wind focus on my Blade Dancer, I thought it was talking about the blue focus dots that we need to cast Sunder etc. Nowhere in the tutorial does it make the truth known, and crit is so low that we never really get to experience this - I am now level 16 and I think I may have seen the "wind focus" as little glowing yellow balls that hover around me sometimes, but there is nothing to confirm what is a crude guess based on secondhand information from the internet.

When the survey asks me if the tutorial informed me about my class skills, the answer has to be a resounding "no", even if you include all the Hajoon training sessions. They help, certainly, and are a really fun way of teaching, but they are very very far from fully informing me of how to play my class.

• 4 months later...

Question regarding dragon call instant proc.

The animation for this instant proc has the same duration as the normal cast timer.  So it's not really instant cast is it?

What I mean is the normal cast timer is 2.5 seconds, and the animation for the instant cast is also 2.5 seconds.

See Video for proof that this skill is not instant cast like the description says:  instant cast doesn't mean Instant cooldown with 2.5 seconds of animation time.  The only animation that should be visible for instant cast is the instant the skill travels to the target varying depending on range of course.

Archived