Bots Can Message You Via Mail Now...

854450_1452550237

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, khynnea said:

Most games allow you to report the offending sender and block them?

From launch most bot/spam control in this game seems to be an afterthought.

I've been planning to log each report I make of bot/spam, and check with a friend who has not yet once blocked or reported any spammers to see if the report system is merely an extended block function and capacity. It would be interesting to know.

Hang on Hang on.

So let me get this right... a bot decided to pay to be able to Mail ?

So a bot can mail people .. but a person that plays the game and keeps the game alive and dose no harm cant mail.. but a BOT CAN ?

Ok ... my mind is blown .

10 minutes ago, LiriC said:

Hang on Hang on.

So let me get this right... a bot decided to pay to be able to Mail ?

So a bot can mail people .. but a person that plays the game and keeps the game alive and dose no harm cant mail.. but a BOT CAN ?

Ok ... my mind is blown .

you can't even *cricket*ing mail to YOUR OWN CHARACTERS (like they promised)

And by the way, this "bot" is a paying customer, while people who don't pay, well, don't pay.

4 hours ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

And here I was thinking my items done sold in AH...  

That's the same thing spammers did in archeage (1 copper attached to spam) to prevent to be deleted without accepting it.

I laugh at people that thought that paywalled mail would prevent that, even more considering that bots have premium. 

3 hours ago, Nezakhan said:

I've been planning to log each report I make of bot/spam, and check with a friend who has not yet once blocked or reported any spammers to see if the report system is merely an extended block function and capacity. It would be interesting to know.

That would be interesting to know, actually.

You could do a controlled test of your own making up a new account and blocking it and then trying to send yourself mail, but you wouldn't want to do something that would potentially get your real/main account jeopardized ...

You could try doing it with a friend without using the "report" functionality and just block them the way you would any other player who was doing something you didn't like and see if that prevented mail, one would hope that if someone was on a block list, all contact was prevented. But ... I have no idea if the report spammer functionality which then blocks someone blocks them in the same way that putting anyone on a "regular" block list blocks someone... You know?

<oops, quoted the wrong post, but you get the point>

The "funny" thing is that this really does prove that bots and gold farmers and whatever other nefarious sorts are indeed paying for subs. Curious to know what variant they are buying, since the only discounted rate is the yearlong. Do they gamble that they will be there long enough that the discount is worth it, or do they just go for the week ... What's the lifespan of a bot on the game. Heh. I'm sure they have it all down to a science, however they do it, and probably some are subbed and some aren't.

I know for a fact some bots I reported weeks ago in Viridian running in and out of caves there in massive trains didn't get banned yet. When I made it to the profane wheel, they where there all grouped together farming away like an army of ants, just the other day. So it really makes me wonder with what is said in the forums about how they have people actively nuking bots in game, or how tickets are handled. I've been playing MMOs quite long enough to have seen/heard a variety of responses to bot tickets and this really seems to be the least aggressive to date.

6 hours ago, Zeiken said:

Lmao i was thinking the same

Probably their great plan to reduce overall money and make players buy their gold! Evil tactics :O

But well.. i'm glad i havent gotten any of these yet on Windrest. Hope it stays that way, but yeah.. they have to do something.

Logged into my alt i was leveling to see this and i think why...

Also name shaming doesn't count for gold selling bots so don't say it does since that is ridiculous.

dUXaDn1.jpg

So yeah this is a thing now.

I hope i wont have to delete hundreds of them in the future.

They also send 1 copper and you get banned from taking gold from gold sellers so i wonder if this counts?

I would prefer to delete it then take the copper but it doesn't give that option -.-

4 hours ago, Tykea said:

I am pretty sure that this is no bot. Maybe a huge troll or some head of the gold sellers.

Some bots do run around with "normal" names. If this was someone on my FL, I would have known. This game literally shows all of your friend's alts. I also highly doubt that they would sit there make an entirely new account and mail me 3 copper at 2 am in the morning.

4 hours ago, Vexe said:

you can't even *cricket*ing mail to YOUR OWN CHARACTERS (like they promised)

And by the way, this "bot" is a paying customer, while people who don't pay, well, don't pay.

You cannot mail your own character? I mail mines just fine. o.o The character name I blurred out is in fact an alt.

1 minute ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

You cannot mail your own character? I mail mines just fine. o.o The character name I blurred out is in fact an alt.

You're a paying customer.

NCsoft promised that we would be able to send mail to characters on the same account without restrictions. The guides still say that.

However, the truth is that you must pay at least once to be able to send mail to anyone (even your alts). Open a ticket and they'll just tell you that you need to pay to send mail.

Archived