BDO testing is open for registration

Infamousxiii

Hey gents, Black Desert online posted that another round of testing is going down soon and registration is happening for it now. They announced game launch for March 3rd so try it before you buy it etc, etc.

"ermigerd this is BnS if you want to play BDO then gtfo". Yea no problem. Anyone who is tired of pvp that relies on ani-canceling, rng farming, or just waiting for NCSoft to randomly ban or mess up your account and never fix it, you are welcome to join me.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BDO ? I'm just gonna paste this here :

There's nothing to talk about anymore. PA and DAUM already made their decision.

By the start, the game had the original flagging system with owPvP and all the incentives and competition, appropriate karma system and server infrastructure with little to no sharding. It was within the top 10 mmorpg's. After removing the owpvp and multisharding the game, it plummeted below top 100.

It was their own honest choice, that lead to that.

The response they gave us in regards to why they don't want to implement back the original flagging system is more or less silly at most:

It isn't even a honest response; it's denial, which can be summed up as "We don't see any issue here".

BDO is currently meant to be something, that will please everyone, which in end will completely ruin the sandbox aspect ingame. Judging from their current business standpoint, the whole idea of west going B2P is just a hoax prepared for the first couple of months, to encourage the still interested part of the original (veteran) playerbase into buying the game, by giving them false presumptions the game "might still get fixed/become better". It won't. It will go F2P at most a year after the release, there's literally no chance for BDO to succeed with it's current set of flaws and issues. In the end, they will struggle to cover the production costs and obtain enough revenue to please their contractors and business partners.

BDO was meant as an open world sandbox game, yet:

• PA is currently steadily removing incentives for people to go into the open world, they are removing reasons for people to compete in the open world
  • The addition of Crimson Battlefield is the first indicator, hinting at more highly-instanced PvP content additions in the future (since owpvp will be dead and non-existent, you have to search for viable replacements; add equalized gear - since it's a must for casual players - and you succesfully devoid players of the last reason to do anything, as majority of content simply boils down to earning money to obtain gear)
  • No highly-organized PvE content except mindless mob grind and no concise plans for any future PvE additions; world bosses are a laugh and remain no different from normal mobs, they simply have bigger health pools and hit a lot harder.
  • Soon there won't be "PvE to PvP, PvP to PvE" anymore, read above to understand. The basic notion behind a sandbox mmorpg is removed, you get a themepark with completely broken and meaningless content.
  • At the same time, some items in the cash shop still hint at possible P2W situations in the future; those will definately arise, if the game will be forced to revert to a F2P business model, and it will - again, read above.
  • Current solution to the owPvP/PK doesn't solve anything; it's just another layer of pointless PK mechanics, that could at most be an addition to the upcoming Valencia update; it doesn't solve the issue of owPvP at all, it's just a bait meant to distract uninformed people from the actual problem, while pointing them at a completely meaningless fix.
  • The only way to fix BDO is to encourage players to engage in all the PvE content, while allowing them to compete (owPvP) for said PvE. It can only be done by introducing mechanics, which give people incentives for activities in the open world and tools to compete for said open world and it's resources. GvG's, Sieges and Node Wars DO NOT allow that and aren't those tools, it's just another layer of complicated mechanics within consensual PvP. Without owPvP, majority of content in BDO loses it's meaning. In other words, you get a broken game with a bunch of different activities, not connected in any way at all.

There's still a bit of time left, but I doubt they'll manage to come up with something meaningful, if all they did so far was an idea of such a flawed system which only further leads to penalize PK'ers (mind you, there's no place for consensual owpvp in the current iteration of the whole system, it simply doesn't exist) and opens such a tremendous gate for all sorts of abuse.

In the end it's what SJW's wanted to get - a 100% risk-free system, where they are completely invincible and free to do as they please.

Everyone else - PvE'ers, PvP'ers, RP'ers - we all get neglected.

TLDR : don't waste your time and money in BDO. it's poorly designed pve/pvp system and very heavily a P2W game.

2 hours ago, Infamousxiii said:

Black Desert online

FYI: You do realize/know/understand know your post is a forum bannable post, right?

Advertising 
This forum is not to be used for advertising non beneficial, non-Blade and Soul related businesses, organizations, or websites.

3 minutes ago, DreUd said:

No arena no high end PvE, have fun grinding goblins!

Well, I blieve BDO is a an attempt to copy EVE-Online, which pretty much has very little PvE, and mostly sandbox PvP. Difference is, Eve has been around for years, so they already met most of their players' start up needs. BDO is still new.

Please correct me if i am wrong. I read we have to pay a box fee for a free to play game plus we have to pay for the high priced micro transactions. That right there makes me not want to play because they are charging for a F2P game and keeping all the F2P models that go with it.

I said to my friends BDO is trying to be copy-cat 2 years ago,still had some decent futures,nowday? You`ll have to pay me to lose my time there...and it must be something I could not resist,because CBA playing Hack en Slash game with mindless mob grinding.

3 hours ago, Infamousxiii said:

Hey gents, Black Desert online posted that another round of testing is going down soon and registration is happening for it now. They announced game launch for March 3rd so try it before you buy it etc, etc.

"ermigerd this is BnS if you want to play BDO then gtfo". Yea no problem. Anyone who is tired of pvp that relies on ani-canceling, rng farming, or just waiting for NCSoft to randomly ban or mess up your account and never fix it, you are welcome to join me.

xDDD What if I told you that BDO also has ani-canceling which is important for some classes :D
Anyways, cya and hope the door will hit ya on the way out

39 minutes ago, Hitokiri said:

Black Desert is trash. Vindictus is trash. WoW is dead. So if you leave just leave. Nobody cares here about where u leave or why u leave. We just dont give a ..... 

Stop trashing the forums with your mawkish girly posts.

cool opinion bro 

27 minutes ago, DreUd said:

No arena no high end PvE, have fun grinding goblins!

as if this has good pve but yeah we got arena.......

19 minutes ago, zullee said:

Please correct me if i am wrong. I read we have to pay a box fee for a free to play game plus we have to pay for the high priced micro transactions. That right there makes me not want to play because they are charging for a F2P game and keeping all the F2P models that go with it.

oh so u rather play a f2p game like this and have bots ruin your chat NICE!

also for all you retards people said the same about this game so yeah..............

1 minute ago, jbrutal said:

cool opinion bro 

as if this has good pve but yeah we got arena.......

oh so u rather play a f2p game like this and have bots ruin your chat NICE!

also for all you retards people said the same about this game so yeah..............

You think after calling people retartds anyone will take you seriously? 
Gotta love this community. Also there can be bots at b2p as well so shush

the (oh so u rather play a f2p game like this and have bots ruin your chat NICE! ) comment that's in every mmo no matter what any one says. if its a popular mmo bots will find away be it hacked accounts or f2p accounts chat will always have bots

2 hours ago, chinmi said:

BDO ? I'm just gonna paste this here :

TLDR : don't waste your time and money in BDO. it's poorly designed pve/pvp system and very heavily a P2W game.

actualy, they made it B2P to avoid P2W, but korean player bade is very different from here, and they know that.

They also listed cash shop item, which are not that necessary, and cosmetic only.

Sure we also dont know how cash shop price are going to be, but, imho, its going to be hard to do more money grabbing than BnS :/

Also, even if that guy say the "open world is pointless" and some other alarmist conjecture :

-since its a real open world, with way more things coming from classic RPG ( buisiness between town, real craft, real things to do with npc, little housing & so ), its from the start still WAY more interesting than BnS "world" ( which is, saddly, just a very linear world where you finaly only endup to camp the dungeon lobby )

- there is a lot of debate on the forum to change some system and adapt it to the west, like the open world pvp btw.

- Even if the open world pvp is meaning less, and there is more structured pvp, its neither a bad thing, since you have real guild v guild

( battle for map resources, so control open world place, act a bit on the economy, siege.. etc, its also way more evolved than BnS who is only really nice for 1v1 )

- gameplay is also very refreshing, even if imho, BnS game is still better and more tactic. But that doesnt change that BDO gameplay is just excellent.

- that guy speak about farm, well ? what are you doing in BnS to upgrade your gear ? farm daily during X hours to get somes gold ? Farm dungeons XXX times to drop whatever you need and pray rng gods ? So like you are going to need to farm sh*t load of xp for your hongmoon lvl + hongmoon skills.

Where is that different ?

Its even worse in BnS since world is so fking small and dungeon very short.

- BDO is still a VERY young MMO, unlike BnS alive since 4 years.

- poorly designed pve, hm well its quest based exactly like BnS, you just dont have little dungeon, imo, there isnt any different for that, except that BDO si WAY more rich of various activity.

About pvp, well, BnS is truly amazing for 1v1 because its like a very cool fight game, on the other side you have nothing else really valid. Faction "pvp" is crap.

While BDO offer 1v1, siege, node battle and so on.

Understand me correctly, i was waiting BnS since the first video trailer released back in 2008, But if you love rpg in general & mmo, even if BDO dont end up exactly like some "hardcore player" ppl dreamed about ( mean meaningfull world pvp game ) its still, imho, the best mmo for all what that game bring on the table.

Note : I neither say BDO its going to be perfect, and necessary fit to every player in the world. But its a amazing mmo.

I'am also not surprised to see so much rage against that game since we are on the BnS forum :p

While, i still agree that  BnS fight & visual disgn is more than catchy, but well, seeing how its a fking farmfess in a tiny world + how NCsoft is greedy as hell. yeah...

Archived