How the hell do you defeat summoners?

SirValic

I got a couple questions here so level with me. I defeated a level 45 blademaster that was pretty decent and I'm only level 26... So I've definitely improved, been defeating higher level people in the arena(though I guess that's not relevant). However SUMMONERS... ARE THE ONE CLASS I CANNOT DEFEAT. No matter if they're lower level or not, they have so many CC's, CC breaks, range.... I can't evade enough to avoid them without losing distance on them, I don't have enough aoe's to stop them both.. I can't kill the cat because I end up with no hp left to take on the summoner... I also can't focus the summoner because the cat ends up doing crap to me whether or not t he summoner is being combo'd or not. So... HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Next question is, I learned blade dancers heal hella from spinning so I figured out how to fight most of the other classes, but isn't it a lil broken kung fu masters can heal so damn much? Almost as much as a lyn blade dancer?.... I mean wdf.

Last question... What is this piece of paper on people's foreheads mean?

mSR3z.jpg

mSR3T.jpg

It's not a cosmetic to my knowledge, what's it mean?

"Paper"

That's the Stalker Jiangshi adornment from the first beginner field boss. Personally I think it looks stupid, though I'm not exactly a fan of the Jiangshi hat changing character hairstyles so drastically (Not to mention the Jiangshi outfit clips through long hairstyles).

16 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

"Paper"

That's the Stalker Jiangshi adornment from the first beginner field boss. Personally I think it looks stupid, though I'm not exactly a fan of the Jiangshi hat changing character hairstyles so drastically (Not to mention the Jiangshi outfit clips through long hairstyles).

Agreed.. so that is the hat?? Cuz the dude isn't wearing the hat I thought.... Looks really dumb, thought it was a lil charm paper that marked you died recently lol.

3 minutes ago, SirValic said:

Agreed.. so that is the hat?? Cuz the dude isn't wearing the hat I thought.... Looks really dumb, thought it was a lil charm paper that marked you died recently lol.

To each their own. Maybe he just wanted to wear a face accessory. Just because you think it look dumb, doesn't mean everyone else does. And no, not a hat. The hat is what the Lyn is wearing.

Just now, AwesomeFart said:

- cat got knocked out

- i move to the cat which is sleeping

- you are force to hit me to win and GL not using any AOE to not wake it up...

Pretty doable as Force master with Single target spec.

But yes, that's how Summoners have to deal with it, assuming they are fast enough and not get rooted.

12 hours ago, Anna said:

To each their own. Maybe he just wanted to wear a face accessory. Just because you think it look dumb, doesn't mean everyone else does. And no, not a hat. The hat is what the Lyn is wearing.

I checked and they weren't wearing accessories and I was just figuring the hat looked differently on diff races... and why don't you put a thin piece of paper on your forehead and run around town then? :3

Everyone keeps saying to sleep/grapple them but guess what... I'm a blademaster, don't got either of that sh1t lol.

10 hours ago, Darkshana said:

If your a BM you got two option. Either rush the player or kill the cat.

I tried both, I either get dps'd by the other or stunned by the other... sometimes both :\

2 hours ago, SirValic said:

I checked and they weren't wearing accessories and I was just figuring the hat looked differently on diff races... and why don't you put a thin piece of paper on your forehead and run around town then? :3

BnSjiangshicharm_zpssnue4jhe.png

It's a face adornment.

And he probably wouldn't run around town wearing it for the same reason he wouldn't run around town wearing most of the other costumes in this game. Lol

13 hours ago, SirValic said:

I do on my summoner. I think it's funny.

While it definitely is hard to beat summoners, you should try leveling to max before doing arena matches for real. I mean, sure you can beat players as long as you are more skilled than them, but having only half your skill points doesnt help you.

Summoners generally are the most easy class to learn i guess. That doesnt mean that they are op. People also tend to have problems with the cat. I cant really discuss this topic too much because i dont really do arena pvp at all, but as far as i know in the higher skill levels classes are more of less all present and every class is able to beat every other class. While some classes are more easy to play, all are difficult to master and all can be beaten. Imagine summoners as a sort of "noob stompers" (i do not intend to offend you by any means btw). So in order to know whether or not it's you or your (missing) skill points you should level to max level. That also helps you to take out the "well i lost due to me having a lower level" excuse. Leveling 1-45 takes about 15-20 hours if you are fast, a bit longer if you didnt do it over and over again already - but generally speaking leveling to max is quite fast and will most likely provide you better tools to handle summoners and every other class in general.

PvP is a balanced somewhat - in the way every class can excel due to skill level - but some matchups are in favour of a another.

I.e.

Assassin vs Destroyer - assasins have a small favour

Destryor vs Blademaster - destryoer has a small favour

Summoner vs Forcemaster - summoner has a small favour

etc.

Overall - with high skill level, I think the Destroyers and Assasins has the best odds, with summoners on a 3rd place.

Looking at the Korean scene, this is true for destryoers and sins - summoners seems to have a hard time to place in top 16 at all - probably due to higher skilled players being able to abuse the summoners weaknesses (i.e. dead cat)

I'm a summoner main.

First, as others have said, get to level 45 before you even begin to worry with beating other classes.  If you can prior to that great, but don't expect to beat a equal skilled player, much less a better skilled one, when you are missing almost 20 pts.

That said, summoners biggest advantage is that a lot of the population still has the mindset from other games that more dps means you win.  So they come in all guns blazing, not caring to watch and counters.

You hit our dandelion, we go poof for up to 6 seconds, running away and using abilities that don't break stealth.

We have SS to jump back and we have a 10 sec prevent ranged damage petal flower that's pretty noticeable.  It also heals 2% health per time we are hit while in effect.

We have a 5 hit iframe from out cat that removes a little of its health.

Finally we have our big heal everyone complains about.  It is decent, but it really only shines when we have multiple targets.  It is very easy to out damage unless you let us knock you down or stun you after we cast it.

As others have said, if you can quickly kill the cat, that's viable, it removes a lot of our ability, but if it takes you too long, we will be wailing on you while you do it.

Best bet is to focus us if you can.

And remember, in 2015 world championships, 0 summoners made it to the final 16.  And in the latest leaderboards, summoner is the second least favorite class after FM.

We are only super powerful right now while people aren't learning counters, once they get out of that rush and in overwhelm with DPS mentality, only the really good summoners will still be winning.

Side note: Destroyers with red spin will absolutely dominate most summoners, it is our worse matchup.  FM's who can freeze and get behind will win fast too.

Archived