How the hell do you defeat summoners?

SirValic

13 hours ago, BestWaifu said:

That is a type tailsman As for what the tailsman says in game i do not know

To be more specific it is a taoist talisman, it is called a Fu and are usually protection charms but can be many things, a Jiangshi is a chinese hopping vampire, they feed on life force/qi instead of blood, the tiny ones in this game are like the typical chinese hopping vampires, not sure whats up with the large boss ones.

I'm not a taoist what-so-ever, so I have no idea what its actually happening but usually in movies taoists priests will slap these talismans on the vampire's forehead and it will stop moving, and follow the priest's command, where he will have a conga line of hopping vampires that he leads back to wherever they came from. The talismans are also used in other forms of taoist magic as well.

They don't seem very effective do they though, seeing as all the undead are roaming about randomly, with the talismans on their heads already.. its mostly I think, because the chinese vampire and the talismans have become synonymous with eachother, like crosses and western vampires, sometimes they work, sometimes they're fashion accessories, or used in vague holy spells in western fantasy as symbolism etc.

3 hours ago, Aaronax said:

To be more specific it is a taoist talisman, it is called a Fu and are usually protection charms but can be many things, a Jiangshi is a chinese hopping vampire, they feed on life force/qi instead of blood, the tiny ones in this game are like the typical chinese hopping vampires, not sure whats up with the large boss ones.

I'm not a taoist what-so-ever, so I have no idea what its actually happening but usually in movies taoists priests will slap these talismans on the vampire's forehead and it will stop moving, and follow the priest's command, where he will have a conga line of hopping vampires that he leads back to wherever they came from. The talismans are also used in other forms of taoist magic as well.

They don't seem very effective do they though, seeing as all the undead are roaming about randomly, with the talismans on their heads already.. its mostly I think, because the chinese vampire and the talismans have become synonymous with eachother, like crosses and western vampires, sometimes they work, sometimes they're fashion accessories, or used in vague holy spells in western fantasy as symbolism etc.

Thanks im not too knowledgeable on chinese folklore and supernatural.

16 hours ago, Succubus Lilith said:

Well, as a FM:

1. Bring up a veil that follows you around, summoner ranged attacks made useless. A stationary veil works too.
  2. Grab that cat.
  3. Kill that cat like the meat shield it is.
  4. Go after the summoner.

Playing a summoner, it's much easier for a FM to just grab my cat and knock it unconscious for a while. >_<

*cricket* please!!! 

Al least u can see them, then target to attack them, by other hand Assassins are a pain in the ass u cant see them or target them, then u cannot attack them and they spend the whole time invisible >.>

17 hours ago, Sibenice said:

BnSjiangshicharm_zpssnue4jhe.png

It's a face adornment.

And he probably wouldn't run around town wearing it for the same reason he wouldn't run around town wearing most of the other costumes in this game. Lol

But there are people who actually wear "some" of the outfits in RL lol. They are kinda based off a traditional form of wear in korea ya know. Still looks really silly to have a piece of paper stuck to your forehead lmao. Looks like a piece of trash that got stuck from the wind... I know it's supposed to be a charm but honestly, coulda been done a lil better than just slamming it on their face rofl.

4 hours ago, Archaegeo said:

I'm a summoner main.

First, as others have said, get to level 45 before you even begin to worry with beating other classes.  If you can prior to that great, but don't expect to beat a equal skilled player, much less a better skilled one, when you are missing almost 20 pts.

That said, summoners biggest advantage is that a lot of the population still has the mindset from other games that more dps means you win.  So they come in all guns blazing, not caring to watch and counters.

You hit our dandelion, we go poof for up to 6 seconds, running away and using abilities that don't break stealth.

We have SS to jump back and we have a 10 sec prevent ranged damage petal flower that's pretty noticeable.  It also heals 2% health per time we are hit while in effect.

We have a 5 hit iframe from out cat that removes a little of its health.

Finally we have our big heal everyone complains about.  It is decent, but it really only shines when we have multiple targets.  It is very easy to out damage unless you let us knock you down or stun you after we cast it.

As others have said, if you can quickly kill the cat, that's viable, it removes a lot of our ability, but if it takes you too long, we will be wailing on you while you do it.

Best bet is to focus us if you can.

And remember, in 2015 world championships, 0 summoners made it to the final 16.  And in the latest leaderboards, summoner is the second least favorite class after FM.

We are only super powerful right now while people aren't learning counters, once they get out of that rush and in overwhelm with DPS mentality, only the really good summoners will still be winning.

Side note: Destroyers with red spin will absolutely dominate most summoners, it is our worse matchup.  FM's who can freeze and get behind will win fast too.

This is all very helpful except for 2 things.... By counter than dps'ing guns ablazing, I assume you mean using block at the right time. Yeah, see... thing about that, fought a level lower than me and she could either have her cat grapple me or her dps was still damaging me through block. So if I sit and try to defend until I see an opening, I'm gonna die lmao The other issue is.... how the hell to target them when the cat is always in my face... Everything you mentioned summoners can do aside from these huge issues are just icing on the cake of how broken they are >_>.

6 hours ago, Victorion said:

I am puzzled why nobody questions the OPs level to begin with.

Lvl 26 in the arena vs alot of lvl 45´s - yeah it´s great that you can beat higher levels - but you can´t use your full arsenal of skills before you´re capped. Do that first.

6 hours ago, Yamyatos said:

While it definitely is hard to beat summoners, you should try leveling to max before doing arena matches for real. I mean, sure you can beat players as long as you are more skilled than them, but having only half your skill points doesnt help you.

Summoners generally are the most easy class to learn i guess. That doesnt mean that they are op. People also tend to have problems with the cat. I cant really discuss this topic too much because i dont really do arena pvp at all, but as far as i know in the higher skill levels classes are more of less all present and every class is able to beat every other class. While some classes are more easy to play, all are difficult to master and all can be beaten. Imagine summoners as a sort of "noob stompers" (i do not intend to offend you by any means btw). So in order to know whether or not it's you or your (missing) skill points you should level to max level. That also helps you to take out the "well i lost due to me having a lower level" excuse. Leveling 1-45 takes about 15-20 hours if you are fast, a bit longer if you didnt do it over and over again already - but generally speaking leveling to max is quite fast and will most likely provide you better tools to handle summoners and every other class in general.

Because part of me thought "hey, they offer pvp before 45.. maybe people pvp before 45 and fight each other for practice" and then I realized a LOT of people do that. Then I realized a summoner could beat me without even being my level, hell they could be level 20 and have no issues at all. Kinda thought, hey..if these classes can pvp before they're 45, why can't I? Then I also realized this class is apparently unbalanced and bad until it hits level 45/50.... so.. yeah... Just thought the class was balanced prior to 45 like how the rest of the classes seem to be with their overwhelming amount of grapples/heals/CC/CCbreaks.

1 hour ago, SirValic said:

But there are people who actually wear "some" of the outfits in RL lol. They are kinda based off a traditional form of wear in korea ya know. Still looks really silly to have a piece of paper stuck to your forehead lmao. Looks like a piece of trash that got stuck from the wind... I know it's supposed to be a charm but honestly, coulda been done a lil better than just slamming it on their face rofl.

That's why I said "most" of the outfits. 

On 2/2/2016 at 3:12 AM, SirValic said:

I got a couple questions here so level with me. I defeated a level 45 blademaster that was pretty decent and I'm only level 26... So I've definitely improved, been defeating higher level people in the arena(though I guess that's not relevant). However SUMMONERS... ARE THE ONE CLASS I CANNOT DEFEAT. No matter if they're lower level or not, they have so many CC's, CC breaks, range.... I can't evade enough to avoid them without losing distance on them, I don't have enough aoe's to stop them both.. I can't kill the cat because I end up with no hp left to take on the summoner... I also can't focus the summoner because the cat ends up doing crap to me whether or not t he summoner is being combo'd or not. So... HOW DO YOU DO IT?

Next question is, I learned blade dancers heal hella from spinning so I figured out how to fight most of the other classes, but isn't it a lil broken kung fu masters can heal so damn much? Almost as much as a lyn blade dancer?.... I mean wdf.

Last question... What is this piece of paper on people's foreheads mean?

mSR3z.jpg

mSR3T.jpg

It's not a cosmetic to my knowledge, what's it mean?

I play a KFM and I don't find the healing that great AND I am slotted with gems to heal myself .. It works great in PvE BUT summoners do a lot of damage with their mouse 1 and 2 button attacks it seems and add to that their self healing which is WAY better than a KFM it can equal trouble fast (juggle those pesky Lyn in the air and it is a BIT better)

I am not sure but did they ever do anything about the familiars for summoners .. they used to keep fighting even after the summer was down which seems a little unfair since other classes can't keep hitting after they have been downed and near death or dead

1 hour ago, SirValic said:

That's where they are supposed to go... on the undead 

Although on most female races they wear it to the side covering their right eye, in an effort to be more stylish I suppose

But theres the one from the profane jiangshi, on yun, jin, and female gon, it is worn over the face like a giant eyepatch, on male gon its a menacing metal demon mask with a talisman stuck to it, on lyn its worn like a surgical mask, for some reason..

bns-profane-jiangshis-secret-jin-male-1.bns-profane-jiangshis-secret-gon-male-1.bns-profane-jiangshis-secret-lyn-male-1.

i just dont like the skill that make summoner invisible ... srly , they aint Ninja , they are summoners (failure summoners whom only can summon cats (i know some manga characters whom only can summon fishes ) ), lets them summon a fake or something would more fitting

There are tips on dealing with the cat first, well, that is only half correct. You actually have to deal with them both, at the same time. Don't let summoner to take distance from you, chase them and at whatever chance CC their cat since the cat has less escape mechanism than the summoner (and they have long cooldown). Chip in their health together with aoe attack or better aoe CC or counter. You can kill the summoner without killing the cat. Keep moving, cat skills are short ranged and their aoe has some delay in animation, keep the summoner within your range, don't focus on the cat too long, lure the cat to their summoner and give splash damage. Use your iframe if they use bloom, if you're using BM don't block the cat or they will pin you right away. The most deadly burst are coming from the summoner with the bloom activated, and you're pinned on the ground.

TLDR I would just give you a good video of how a good (subjectively) summoner fight against awesome KFM players.

Summoners have hide too? I mean wtf.... Hide, heal, range, grapples, 2v1, able to attack with pet while still knocked down.... I mean CMON. How didn't a summoner make it to the finals lmao. In any case, the problem I see is, even at 45... I'd only have 2 actual gap closing skills. The pull range skill and the dash stun... and once those are used up, I get rooted/cc'd.... So, idk how you'd be able to aoe when the bm aoe's are so short ranged :\.

1 hour ago, Aaronax said:

That's where they are supposed to go... on the undead 

Although on most female races they wear it to the side covering their right eye, in an effort to be more stylish I suppose

But theres the one from the profane jiangshi, on yun, jin, and female gon, it is worn over the face like a giant eyepatch, on male gon its a menacing metal demon mask with a talisman stuck to it, on lyn its worn like a surgical mask, for some reason..

bns-profane-jiangshis-secret-jin-male-1.bns-profane-jiangshis-secret-gon-male-1.bns-profane-jiangshis-secret-lyn-male-1.

Now those actually look cute/fashionable. Especially the male gon one. I mean if anything, I would imagine it being a skill for a class to put on you to explode/exorcise but when it's directly in the middle of your face.... Well I mean.. idk, just looks odd overall, I can't see it being fashionable unless you had a belt of em or the outfit personified the exorcist concept more. I get what they are though, just doesn't make sense to make them a a fashion statement like that (except for these pictures you posted where it's actually a bit clever).

5 hours ago, Cress said:

This is the most accurate video and idea of what I've been going through for the passed week.... Literally the same exact stuff... you work the cat, heals up or you're down to half by the time you think it's dead. Focus on the summoner, swaps placed/invisible/ranges so you're dead and ofc the summoner heals any damage you actually did to it... I really don't know how a bm handles these. Getting to 45 and being told to aoe them sounds like the most generic answer to beat them with no range and not enough gap closers for all their escapes. Chase it, goes invisible/swaps with cat in distance, finally got to it? heals and CC's you then dps's from both the cat's fking hammer and the summoner's ranged magic. I really look forward to seeing how 50 changes this, supposedly BM's get a burst/grapple/stun skill all in one? Idk.

Tbh I'm surprised flash step isn't emphasized in a pvp build, being able to tele right behind someone up to 3 times + your Q/E skills sounds like it could be useful for pvp, even if it doesn't stun. It's nice damage and centers you perfectly to their position....

Archived