So, NCsoft does not want me to pay and play their game?

Fifi2

I've been reading the forums from hours, and I'm getting the impression that NCsoft just dont want people to play their game or people are laying. Most recent threads gives me the creeps. What did I learned today.....

- You have a mouse with side buttons = ban. 

- You have debit/credit card or pay with paypall = ban (which brings the question how people even pay for member ship. pay cash?)
- You have connection problems = ban
- Having antivirus program = np, Ban
- You have a gilfriend = ban 

Or, real botters and abusers with macros come here and cry "Why ban me, I just have razer.... no fair".
Don't know what's the case here, but I'm really concerned about this and I think will refrain buying Premium for now. 

On a side note, I have no idea what kind of bot cleansing NC made, but my faction chat on windrest is still flooded with gold sellers with retardted kasdksalkdsakdsa style nicknames. 

1 minute ago, Fifi2 said:

I've been reading the forums from hours, and I'm getting the impression that NCsoft just dont want people to play their game or people are laying. Most recent threads gives me the creeps. What did I learned today.....

- You have debit/credit card or pay with paypall = ban (which brings the question how people even pay for member ship. pay cash?)

Or, real botters and abusers with macros come here and cry "Why ban me, I just have razer.... no fair".
Don't know what's the case here, but I'm really concerned about this and I think will refrain buying Premium for now. 

some if not half of it is because of game guard.

their current partnership with Digital river is terrible, but I don't know if steam would want NC to be partners, because NC like to handle the transaction them selves, Digital river is just like a middle man for the money that's all, which is like why even go through a middle man lol.

they dont want anything from you as long as you bought your founders pack really.

i made the mistake of going to windrest at prelaunch, and when the game went live, 1500 people in premium queue.

ok, i moved to another server and made a new char, and now they refuse to move my founder pack stuff to the new char because "the transfer service we offered for high populated servers has expired on january 20th"

well im *cricket*ing sorry i wanted to play the game instead of spamming F5 on the forum to see a thread that got buried 76 pages down in 5 minutes, so now i lost 2 costumes that cannot be ever obtained in any way again.

The community managers have said that you need to make a ticket to their support team if you have been banned. Just calmly explain your situation, don't be aggressive/inflammatory, and try to be patient. The more clear you are in your ticket, the quicker someone can respond to your ticket.

22 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

just dont use macros. I got a razor mosue aswell but I never got banned.

Its the macro software that gets people banned 100% of the time, and people have to realize that in almost all mmo's, if your caught with that software running = ban, because some people just can't play with the program honestly. Should be rule of thumb by now you would think.

Just now, PsychoTaz said:

Its the macro software that gets people banned 100% of the time, and people have to realize that in almost all mmo's, if your caught with that software running = ban, because some people just can't play with the program honestly. Should be rule of thumb by now you would think.

well the macro is built in the razer software and they happen to make keyboards and mice and headphones and this software allows you to customize said items.

it's a bs ban i'm sorry.

So something I feel like I need to point out, that people have a horribly hard time understanding for some reason. B&S and gameguard aren't detecting 99% of the things people think they do.

Everyone seems to assume that oh it's macro's and VPN's and all this other stuff that's the problem, but it's not. If you're using the correct software B&S and GG can't detect macro's. The software they use is designed to detect looooong, extended and perfectly repeated cycles of server requests, not player X pressing LMB and RMB in a perfect 0.5 second delay between each other. You can use macro's to do pretty much any minor task without being detected. The software being used is to detect botting, not macro's, there's a difference and it's not hard to understand it.

The things people are getting banned for in reality, have nothing to do with the reasons they actually think they got banned for 99% of the time. Normally, it's a false positive set off by some sort of routine system function. Computer do a virus scan? Banned. Driver update? Banned. Any random harmless process on the computer touch B&S suddenly? Banned. But GG doesn't report enough details to differentiate false positives from actual causes normally, so whenever someone gets auto-banned the support staff don't have enough detail, that's why most people need to get escalated multiple times before they get a support staff member capable of checking in enough detail to tell if they were actually innocently banned.

I honestly laugh at how people think X or Y can get you banned, and how far off the truth it actually is. A member of a B&S skype group I'm in plays NA B&S even though he lives in Korea. He uses a VPN system to make it look like he's in America. He does 3D modelling, so he's modded the client pretty heavily, he has a dozen modded outfits/hairstyles/etc in the client files. He also hates the lack of costumes here vs Korean B&S, so he uses cheat engine, to hex edit the game client. To top it off, he uses macro's to do skill combo's perfectly as well as to single tap for SS/EE/QQ.

He's been doing this since beta and hasn't been banned, which I think is a pretty heavy testament to just how ignorant the client and GG is in regards to actual cheating.

The absolute irony in this, an actual friend of mine, who actually lives in Texas, is completely oblivious when it comes to technology. I had to baby sit her through the entire installation process, she doesn't even know what an .exe stands for, and she doesn't even have custom hardware, she uses the bloody trackpad on her laptop in order to play B&S. Yet she was banned for suspicious activity just after the first week of free launch, after hitting level 30 something...

I have a logitech mouse with side buttons and it does as well come with its own macro settings built in, but since i did not program my mouse buttons to activate the macro software, it is not detected and thus I have not been banned.

The only reason you would get banned for it is if you have a mouse button that uses the macro program to do auto functions example such as recording a combo into the macro and having a mouse button activate the combo chain. As said as above (or below as I'm not sure where the forum will put my post.)

9 hours ago, Kitty said:

Can confirmed this is true. I have to gave up my left hand just so I can play.

Some guy and his GF played from the same PC, when one of them decided to log in from different PC they were banned. It was widely discussed in the forums. 

10 hours ago, Fifi2 said:

On a side note, I have no idea what kind of bot cleansing NC made, but my faction chat on windrest is still flooded with gold sellers with retardted kasdksalkdsakdsa style nicknames. 

SOLVED: "You have a mouse with side buttons" Get this.

SOLVED: "You have debit/credit card or pay with paypal" Use this.
SOLVED: "You have connection problems" Get and use this.
SOLVED: "Having antivirus program" Use this instead.
SOLVED: "You have a gilfriend" Try this.

Spoiler: Don't lie. You thought the last one was gonna be dirty.

1 minute ago, Yxion said:

SOLVED: "You have a mouse with side buttons" Get this.

SOLVED: "You have debit/credit card or pay with paypal" Use this.
SOLVED: "You have connection problems" Get and use this.
SOLVED: "Having antivirus program" Use this instead.
SOLVED: "You have a gilfriend" Try this.

Spoiler: Don't lie. You thought the last one was gonna be dirty.

Ah, the laughs.... 

10 hours ago, Fifi2 said:

Yeah you don't really get banned for any of this stuff.

You get crashes and disconnects, but they've acknowledged and even posted a workaround for the crashes until they fix the issue - that Razer workaround works just fine for me because I can rebind keys through the game itself anyway.

Disconnects? Stop using dial up.

Archived