Pinchy's outfit

silentera

5 hours ago, Sader said:

so I don't really get the drop system, does the amount determined by the most damage dealt or the last hit?

What warlock weapon? it drops a warlock weapon too? what's the point of getting those weapons if they are not required for evolution?

I was playing a warlock on the Taiwan server and farming a boss solo because most people are 50 on that server. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have the hat, and tail. I started farming when I was killing the mobs just to the right of Mirage before the scorpions, so I was early 30's and now I'm Lvl41, got all my other outfits under 20 tokens EXCEPT Pinchy's, I've even gone so far as to buy his tokens because noobs keep throwing the bombs on me while I'm killing him just to troll around and decrease my weaps durability.

We're only a month in =D Why worry if you can't farm up every outfit in the first few go rounds? I've managed Profane Jiangshi, Deva, and most of the other sets I've gone for on almost all my toons, but I can't get Pinchy's or Kaari's because RNG just hasn't swung that way. We have years of updates to go, so why rush? Besides which, the randomness of the outfit grind gives an additional challenge to try for. If we got every piece we wanted with straight trades for essences everyone would be bored in not time.  Have fun with it and don't let it consume the fun when it can be a fun distraction in itself, eh?

On 2/2/2016 at 2:37 PM, Rukkirii said:

In my attempt to provide luck to all of you guys on your Stinger costume drop, I will perform my RNG GM dance.

/dance2

/bow

Chuckles....

Wish GMs had a like button for posts not often but I would like that comment if I could.

I got 3 outfits drop, along with 2 tails but still no freaking hat in over 300 times I've killed him. I really wish the RNG dropped a special essence which we then speak to the vendor and buy 1 of the 3 items from them. They'd still keep their RNG.. but I'd have my freaking hat by now. Can't even sell or give the extra costumes away. 

Definitely one of the easier world bosses to solo considering how he spams his charging attacks which all you have to do is shuffle to the side a bit to dodge. A very easy way to farm essences is to change channels after the bosses death. Most of the higher channels are completely empty which means you will get to solo him giving you a guaranteed 3 essences per kill.

My strategy - (This is if every channel is packed and you only find 1 empty one you can consistently solo). It takes 2minutes and 20 seconds ~ for him to respawn on death. At the 2 minute mark I kill the scorpions around the bomb crate and pick up a bomb. When he spawns I toss a bomb to start the fight and he starts in a stunned state. I do this so (as a destroyer) I can pick him up and move him closer to the bomb crate. I know since you're solo he'll just sand dig over to you anyways but... heh BOOM!

After missing 10+ bomb tosses or so, you get the idea of where you should toss the bombs to make him pop. As soon as he dies you can hop channels and repeat! Depending on your class, you can definitely farm like 30+ essences an hour. Way better than the 2.5 minutes for 1-2 essences you might get in a crowded channel.

Hope this helps you people get your outfits!

You have to kill those bosses SOLO to get 4 essences out of them. then switch channel and if youa re lukcy the boss is right there again. i'm always loughing when everyone stands there for 3-5 minutes and wait for respawn just to get 1 token.

1 minute ago, EasleyRR said:

Well, it's not bad that for Gon male, it's best looking on Yun, imho :D

I...dont like Yun's x.x, they look like plastic female dolls, kinda like a Barbie, and i dislike barbies a lot, probably only liked Barbies when i was young o.o, but i like Gons, they look very good in this game =), and i am glad i can make them Jin size, i am not a fan of Giant races.

On 1/27/2016 at 1:16 PM, silentera said:

the thing about pinchy is that he is killed slowly due to 4 times going into the ground. And ppl that have aggro dont realize to get him close to the bombs.

Which is why it's nice playing as a Destroyer.  I just pick him up and *carry* him over to the bombs.

Though I did have one clueless* lvl 45 destroyer, of all things, complain that I made him waste his fury, and you should just designate a runner to fetch bombs.  So I humored him.  Next time, as isn't particularly unusual, he resisted that runners bombs 3 or 4 times, with a nice run back and forth after the first bomb, taking forever to pop him back up.
So, I told him *that*'s why you carry him over to the bombs, and he should wait to use his fury once he's moved.  And then I changed channels and killed him with a smaller group, where I occasionally got 2 drops due to damage %.

*I'm actually giving him the benefit of the doubt that he was clueless, and not just a very sneaky jerk.  The number of essences you get depends on how much damage you do.  Designating one person to runner duty (and not fighting) reduces the number of other people doing damage, and making it easier for yourself to reliably get off fury increases the amount of damage you do.  Putting the two together means it's far more likely you'll do enough % of the damage to get 2 drops due to damage %.  (As well as also increasing the odds of getting the extra drop from final hit.)

1 hour ago, Mesmerize said:

If only you had a way to try on costume in game...oh.

I didnt farmed for it, actually i used Pinchy soul shields to fuse them with my main soulshield at that lvl, because those give a good amount of Crit, but i got the costume, and ya is horrible, you...probably dont have many friends by the way you answer, that was pretty salty, i am not asking to be your friend but, be nicer at least o.o. (expecting the ''i was the most popular guy at school/college'' answer)

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 6:17 PM, Sylla said:

Do you mean this one:

ABQe1Zs.png

that only took me 4 days and i lost all my will to play this unfriendly game?

Most people i know is 45 now, and i just finished to get the dobok i wanted. Gg ncsoft, gg.

this is weird, I could have sworn this was my character at first. You have great taste!

is5PzDM.jpg

Farmed the first ~20 essence from the boss but had no luck with the outfit.

Bought 21 from the market a few hours ago and managed to get it with the last few essence.Got 2 tail and 2 helm out of the ~40+ spin.

I think it was about the same with the Lycan stuff.

Archived