Community-based changes releasing on July 6

Green Storm

• NCSOFT

Hi everyone,

We’ve announced today our next update releasing on July 6: Infinite Inferno! You can read the overview in the news post. We also wanted to update you on a few things that will be implemented in this patch based on the community feedback.

Here’s what you can expect:

• We’ve included three months (in Korea) of skill updates for the new Warden 3rd Specialization.
  • The number of daily challenges will increase from 9 to 13 and include older dungeons to add variety.
  • The difficulty of Soul Boost was reduced a bit in Season 2 compared to Season 1 to make it more accessible.
  • There is going to be a guaranteed way to get your Upsurge Weapon and the Starcross Accessories via an NPC. You’ll need to complete specific achievements, and it will cost 20 Upsurge Ore for an Upsurge weapon and 20 Starcross Essence for a Starcross Accessory.
  • The enchantment probability for Skystealer accessories and the True Skystealer Ring has been changed to 100% for all enchantment levels. The enchantment costs were also increased accordingly. This is specific to that tier or accessory.
  • Sterling Crystals will be added via a new chest in the Dragon Express that can be purchased twice a week per account. It is also a reward for the new event (Fortunes Fall).

A final note: the Hongmoon Camp event will be extended by a month, due to an incorrect end date being displayed on the item. It will now end on August 10.

Thank you to each player that contributed their feedback!

• Like 10

-The enchantment probability for Skystealer accessories and the True Skystealer Ring has been changed to 100% for all enchantment levels. The enchantment costs were also increased accordingly. This is specific to that tier or accessory.

i think you mean the Milestone System "100%"  add´s too Skystealer accesoires + True Skystealer ring right? @Green Storm

We’ve included three months (in Korea) of skill updates for the new Warden 3rd Specialization.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. The gunner 3rd spec release is a HUGE mess. Even now it's missing animation. .....

9 minutes ago, Kicsiduda said:

Thank you @Green Storm! I'm really glad you are in the team!
I have a question tho. If I ask the support to revert my skystealer acc back 3 stages, will I get back all the money I lost with rng, or just the fix amount?
❤️❤️ 

dont missunderstand him it will anyway be RNG but you have an 100% Milestone then like Starcross now..  dont tell me you think they would change the Accesoires like " i can use gold for 100% Upgrade " xD never happened in BNS since 2016 so dont missunderstand this 

Let's not speculate. 100% chance to upgrade something is not "fill up a meter to get to 100% chance", which is how everything used to function before mythical gamble. It is entirely possible that this is how it will work again.

Of course there is a chance that there is a misunderstanding, and I hope that the words can be taken literally this time.

Either way, we will see in a week.

• NCSOFT
1 hour ago, Zalerius said:

dont missunderstand him it will anyway be RNG but you have an 100% Milestone then like Starcross now..  dont tell me you think they would change the Accesoires like " i can use gold for 100% Upgrade " xD never happened in BNS since 2016 so dont missunderstand this 

We're changing the probabilities for each enchantment level to 100% (at that specific tier, and not the other tiers), not introducing a new upgrade path. The cost will increase to reflect that change and you'll see it in the Patch Notes.

• Like 2

So... everyone with the new tier mythical accessories now at like +6-+9 will be screwed? They should have waited to upgrade their skystealer to +20 before succession? so now everyone with new accessories already upgraded can throw their new accs to trash and upgrade another skystealer ones to +20 and use succession again to upgrade new accessories? since that is probably more cost effective than wasting 15k gold per tier to upgrade new mythical accs above +8

Just now, Miayu said:

So... everyone with the new tier mythical accessories now at like +6-+9 will be screwed? They should have waited to upgrade their skystealer to +20 before succession? so now everyone with new accessories already upgraded can throw their new accs to trash and upgrade another skystealer ones to +20 and use succession again to upgrade new accessories? since that is probably more cost effective than wasting 15k gold per tier to upgrade new mythical accs above +8

I guess you could drop the accessories again and start from scratch?

And you can use the system on belt and bracelet still.

36 minutes ago, Green Storm said:

We're changing the probabilities for each enchantment level to 100% (at that specific tier, and not the other tiers), not introducing a new upgrade path. The cost will increase to reflect that change and you'll see it in the Patch Notes.

So i mean its okay for new Players or Players that not reach max Stage alrd but what is with the old Player that alrd got Starcross +11 or with Player that Upgrade Skystealer Gear on +20 in the past? I Mean let us talk abt..  you change the Gold cost for SKystealer Gear and  maybe 1 Upgrade cost then 7k Gold that mean from +11 Skystealer to +20 Skystealer you need 9 Upgrade a 7k Gold means you need 63k Gold from +11 to +20 and after that you change it to Starcross+16 
in the past the Playerbase that alrd got +20 Skystealer Gear used for some Upgrade´s from +19 to +20 Skystealer over 100k Gold for 1 Stage when it was unlucky...

means now you can get 6 Skystealer Accesoires +11 to + 20 and then 6x Starcross Acc+16  with an total Amount on Gold for round about 400k Gold 

and on January until March 2022 you wasted on Gold round about from +11 to +20 x6 1.5Mil. Gold ? how is this even possible to bring that now in this short Period after we Changed from Skystealer to Starcross Acces alrd. ?  you hope then the Community is Happy? Yes of course some % of the Playerbase will be Happy but most of the people think again you will give them the Stinky Finger.. when you bring such Updates then do it for all Accesoires and not only for older Tiers.. or anything else.. 

Of course you need now more Material from Skystealer Crystals but most of the people that not upgraded his Skystealer Stuff have enough from them in the Storage over the Time.. 

dont understand me wrong iam Happy for the Player that can Upgrade his Stuff cheaper now but this Update comes way to late... and its not fair for the older and more % Playerbase that farm arld a lot of Dungeons to get there Starcross Accesoires and upgraded it to +11 when you bring now such a easy way to get Starcross +16 

Regards 

Edited by Zalerius
  • Like 3

Tbh it would be better if all the RNG upgrades were removed. Even high, but fixed costs are better and more fair to everyone. In current system, someone can one tap +15 for very little cost, while someone can get stuck at +10 for a very long and expensive time.

• Like 3

A complaint here, upsurge essence that is needed to both reroll weapon, upgrade it, and purchase it from the merchant, is almost unexistant. After 800 runs combined Trials and Namdo I had dropped weapon finally, but only 200 upsurge essences to play around. Didn't get the stat I wanted and only went +14 with it. According to loss of stats from going SF9 -> Upsurge, at least we should be able to +- easily go +14 on the weapon to not notice this difference. I'm wondring if you guys can't add upgsurge essence more often like in dynamic quests.

2 minutes ago, wardenlynftw said:

A complaint here, upsurge essence that is needed to both reroll weapon, upgrade it, and purchase it from the merchant, is almost unexistant. After 800 runs combined Trials and Namdo I had dropped weapon finally, but only 200 upsurge essences to play around. Didn't get the stat I wanted and only went +14 with it. According to loss of stats from going SF9 -> Upsurge, at least we should be able to +- easily go +14 on the weapon to not notice this difference. I'm wondring if you guys can't add upgsurge essence more often like in dynamic quests.

IMO this, too, would be much less annoying if the upgrade was guaranteed and there was a way to obtain the necessary material either as quest rewards or through currency exchange (perhaps for the starcross stones), which is more in line with how upgrades used to work: finite costs with obtainable (guaranteed, although slow) upgrade materials.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rhiakath said:

IMO this, too, would be much less annoying if the upgrade was guaranteed and there was a way to obtain the necessary material either as quest rewards or through currency exchange (perhaps for the starcross stones), which is more in line with how upgrades used to work: finite costs with obtainable (guaranteed, although slow) upgrade materials.

Yes, the currency is impossible, already weapon cost in gold is not assumable by a majority of players and behind a paywall, but not even giving the essences that are in need for reroll or upgrade is just unacceptable.

• Like 1

I'm actually impressed. Before Green Storm came along, it felt as if we were being ignored by NCSoft. Now we're seeing actual meaningful changes that are improving the game. While I still find issue with a number of changes as of late (Hearts needing Sterling Crystals and thus increasing the cost of upgrading by a factor of ten, the issues with Soul Boost, ect), these changes are all solid. Please keep the good news coming.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

I'm actually impressed. Before Green Storm came along, it felt as if we were being ignored by NCSoft. Now we're seeing actual meaningful changes that are improving the game. While I still find issue with a number of changes as of late (Hearts needing Sterling Crystals and thus increasing the cost of upgrading by a factor of ten, the issues with Soul Boost, ect), these changes are all solid. Please keep the good news coming.

colleague, you have to do something to improve the game it's not so much because of the new moderator since it's his job to read the comments and give an answer but if bns doesn't listen to his players or doesn't do something to improve the game, sooner or later no no one will be left in the game.

psd: everyone knows the potential that bns has but if they don't know how to take advantage of it, it will be a very good game wasted for nothing.

1 hour ago, Zalerius said:

So i mean its okay for new Players or Players that ................ of Dungeons to get there Starcross Accesoires and upgraded it to +11 when you bring now such a easy way to get Starcross +16 

Regards

Totally agree, in my opinion it would only be fair if "Succession" would be removed or Starcross gets the same treatment.

Because this is just punishing players who actually play the game actively.

'Gets drop from latest released content'  - "hmm let's wait till next patch to upgrade it because they may change the upgrade cost"

Is that how we're supposed to play?

Edited by luzt