Community-based changes releasing on July 6

Green Storm

3 hours ago, Green Storm said:

First, I want to thank you @Gengar and others here who posted respectful and well-thought-out feedback on this news. We wanted to present it to the community before it goes live next week. What you say above is correct: players should continue to give us feedback here (on the forums), and we'll continue to listen.

As you may remember, when I joined a few months ago, I asked for the community's patience in bringing about some changes. These changes, and those to Treasure Trove and the Costume Rotation, are the results of the work we've been doing to improve the game based on what the community is saying. Now we start another cycle of listening to the community's feedback and trying to find answers to the concerns players share.

One last thing: not everyone will agree on what is a good or bad change. Please be respectful of other players and the staff. You can disagree, but you cannot do it in a way that breaks the Forum's Code of Conduct. Thank you!

very beautifully done, however I have a complaint, all my accesories were +15 and did this in purpose to go starcross +11, I played hardcore (a lot of time invested) since ever, specially skystealer patch, and now I can only see how one of my accessories will go +20 by even using more gold that is very hard to find. Meantime some users that didn't even play or took a hiatus from the game can comeback and make their accessories +20 if they have enough pouches and gold (there are whales who bought literally dozen thousands of the tradable ones, just in case something like this would happen) so as a very exceptional occasion, could you do something about the support helping us reverting to skystealer and giving a lot of crystals and gold back? because lets be fair, us playing the game whole day to get only fails and sink gold and materials now have to look at the situation and can't do anything about it, meantime people who saved their resources and didn't even play can have the upgrades, its not fair for anyone no matter how you look at it.

• Like 1

Aye, refunds would be nice (and not just last 3 gamble attempts, this is way bigger than that), and a chance to redo it properly. I've sunk a huge amount of gold and crystals getting ring and earring, as well as preparing upgrades of gloves and bracelet. This change should have been here a long time ago, and knowing that it was coming would have changed resource management of pretty much every active player I know.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jinusama said:

well then what happens to people who spends millions of gold maintain top tier ? what happens to their 3-6 month of efforts ? if company gonna make changes and screw one side ~ atleast show some efforts to reimburse them 

lets be honest here, no matter how "hardcore" you consider yourself or what do you understand by hardcore, the reality is the whales of the games throws in thousands of euros in one sit and no matter how much of your time invest or waste in the game it never compensated for their economical efford, if this changes screw anyone is 0.10% of the population who pay insanely amounts of money for the game, so can't even understand your complain in your comment, are you 0.10%? or you implying 99.90% is lesser than 0.10% ? Please explain yourself

• NCSOFT
59 minutes ago, Yuki Kei said:

I did my best to read the patchnote in English (French version not available), I may have missed the information

Apologies about the lack of French and German Patch Notes. These will be posted next week!

3 hours ago, Green Storm said:

First, I want to thank you @Gengar and others here who posted respectful and well-thought-out feedback on this news. We wanted to present it to the community before it goes live next week. What you say above is correct: players should continue to give us feedback here (on the forums), and we'll continue to listen.

As you may remember, when I joined a few months ago, I asked for the community's patience in bringing about some changes. These changes, and those to Treasure Trove and the Costume Rotation, are the results of the work we've been doing to improve the game based on what the community is saying. Now we start another cycle of listening to the community's feedback and trying to find answers to the concerns players share.

One last thing: not everyone will agree on what is a good or bad change. Please be respectful of other players and the staff. You can disagree, but you cannot do it in a way that breaks the Forum's Code of Conduct. Thank you!

Indeed. While I was among the doubters and perhaps slightly rude initially it is clear that there is now solid dedication to listening to the players and making reasonable changes over time. I imagine not everything we suggest can or will make it, but if even 20% of what we suggest overall gets a response we're well on the way to seeing a much better game.

Speaking changes, I am of a mixed opinion on the costs for Skystealer stuff, but from what I'm seeing in various Discord communities is that at the higher end it is likely cheaper overall then facing the RNG for reaching +20.

wow, the price of the accessories is incredible and not to mention the true accessories, I leave you the total cost of uploading it +20 of course from my point of view.

accessory cost in general

fusion stone 469, for each Skystealer Crystal of each element (6) 17.395 and Gold 32.425

This improvement is for each jewelry now the total to improve the 6 would be:

fusion stone 2.814.-, for each Skystealer Crystal of each element (6) 104.370 and Gold 194.550

In my case it takes me to farm, this calculation is what I farm per day plus what I get weekly, it would take me 695 days to collect 194,550 gold, of course this is the net gold I get when farming without counting events or boxes of gold that come out 100 sometimes.

Even if I find that it is not bad since now those of us who are not whales can reach +20 even if we have been famed for years: V but I am already wearing the new Starcross jewelry so I cannot get stuck improving the skystealer jewelry for months to leave it +20 knowing that the Starcross is much better than the skystealer therefore so that there is a balance in the game also the Starcross jewelry should have this system if we can make the succession to a decent level and finish uploading it to +20 the Starcross.

psd: as always bns improves something but always with limitations in this case the costs are so high that we are going to spend months or years farming to reach 20+

psd 2: not all of us are whales or we have the time in my case I only play 3 hours a day and on the weekend I dedicate myself to doing multis but I don't have as much time as others have and not to mention that sometimes work doesn't let me play for some days.

My English is basic, so I use google translator, I hope you understand, thank you.

Edited by chilegamerz

Regarding to patch notes:

It's pretty nice. Making your acc to +11 is much easier, then you can just use succession to make the new acc +6. In my honest oppinion anything above +11 is for the whales. Casual players can enjoy their +6 starcross till the next tier comes out. I hope when that happens, a similar patch arrives and makes starcross upgrades 100%, so we can make them to +11 to use succession on the next tier of accs, and so on and so on.

Also can we get a weapon unlock achivement for the other 2 demonsbane dungeons too? Someone may have way more runs in namdo shrine than trials. Or the new dungeon. I mean if someone did namdo shrine 300 times should be able to get the weapon too, don't limit it to hall of trials.

Thank you for giving us the patch notes this early 🙂

Rip meme warlock 😞 

Edited by Kicsiduda

2 minutes ago, Kicsiduda said:

Rip meme warlock 😞 

Yep, I'm a warlock and that badge helped a lot. It hurts that here in this game, good things don't last long, the same thing happened with the 3rd specialization.

Changing the subject, I hope that we also have more options to farm the material of the weapon because to make the suction is also another problem, it costs too much to level up, you can only get about 4 a week and you need 40 per level, it is too extensive I farm just to level up.

We only have to farm 4 Twisted Heard a week and we need 40 per weapon level, that is, to be able to reach stage 9, in my case I will need 120 Twisted Hear, which will take me 210 days to farm them

this problem is the same with the gems of weapons and with the gems for the pets in fact it also happens for other things in the game I would leave a list but I already talked a lot, everything is very long term, I am talking about months to several years I hope that they can fix so that they make a more balanced game.

2 hours ago, Walex said:

25-45 for NM (75-135) and 45-85 for HM (135-255), then there are 6 types of crystals. I'll leave the math for others.

I just made an old dungeon, you don't win a chest containing all the crystals but only one kind of crystals per dungeon. about 20 crystals per dungeon (EM), 3 times maximum per day. Given the number we need, this is clearly insufficient.

Are you planning to add other way to farm for Skystealer Crystal? @Green Storm

48 minutes ago, chilegamerz said:

Yep, I'm a warlock and that badge helped a lot. It hurts that here in this game, good things don't last long, the same thing happened with the 3rd specialization.

There is nothing good about a clear oversight in development after the Warlock rework that gave Scourge spec:

- an infinite cc immunity. It is not even playing the game at that point if you are standing still in one spot holding down your right mouse button being immune to all crowd control.

- the ability to spam Hex Storm, one of your hardest hitting moves, with almost no cool down.

It also lasted way too long due to our slow skill patches. This trash has been around for over 6 months at this point. Now people have to learn how to play again instead of turning off their brains. It went against the very core of this game, which is its dynamic action combat. Standing still in one place with God mode on isn't a "good thing". As a warlock myself since the game's launch, I would never play something so shameful, boring, and braindead.

Edited by Gengar
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Gengar said:

There is nothing good about a clear oversight in development after the Warlock rework that gave Scourge spec:

- an infinite cc immunity. It is not even playing the game at that point if you are standing still in one spot holding down your right mouse button being immune to all crowd control.

- the ability to spam Hex Storm, one of your hardest hitting moves, with almost no cool down.

I'll overlook the oversimplification.

A lot of us enjoyed playing 3rd spec before it was entirely gutted with the UE4 update. So we numbed our feelings and swapped to the soulless spec that at least had some actual utility. We chose to sacrifice blackwing soulburn in exchange for personal dps improvement, and now that choice is taken away, forcing us to go back to being buff slaves.

What's good about that? It's not like WL is the only class that could use a combination of old gear in a very particular way and have an unconventional build. Are we going to delete all old soulshields, badges and weapons, too?

The only thing I was looking forward to with the nerf is rerolls rolling away, but right now they can't due to no class change voucher, so our ladder is still unpleasant, despite QoL reductions.

Whatever, be salty if you want.

15 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

Are we going to delete all old soulshields, badges and weapons, too?

That would be the best, Yes.

I still see people in faction asking "What is best" between the low tier PvP weap from vendor or grand celestial.

It would be better if upsurge, Poharan SS and Serpent's den Badges were the only ones in the game and provided through either story or soul boost.

Just to avoid overall confusing about all the things available that are useless nowdays.

Edited by Uldrum

@Green Storm

Hiii Green Storm!

Update looks great and all the feedback being taken seriously and seeing our voices heard gives us the player resurgence so thank you for that!

One small suggestion I have is for the Upsurge Weapon chest being available at a Merchant now requires Hall of Trials 300 runs, the Stage 3 achievement. My suggestion is if it's possible to also add the Stage 3 Namdo shrine achievement to it? 

Thanks in advanced!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rhiakath said:

Are we going to delete all old soulshields, badges and weapons, too?

They can't delete things like that, it would break the game for those that own those things and possibly make it impossible to get replacements. Plus many old soul shields have achievements for equipping all eight pieces. People already get mad when they disable an achievement or two, imagine how upset they'll get if dozens are removed without cause.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:24 AM, Gengar said:

Everything you descriped here is JUST possible through game manipulations. The normal/vanilla warlock have NO infinite CC immunity. Try to play the class without all the sh❤️t that goes around (and what ncwest is ignoring since ages) and test it again.

No wonder people think that way when classes are distorted by crap like this.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:24 AM, Gengar said:

Now people have to learn how to play again instead of turning off their brains.

This made me laugh so hard... you know what "things" going around and you still think people will "learn" something now? xD do not be so naive. (no offense!)

Forest of Echo's was 1 of the dungeon that dropped a specific skystealer crystal, problem is: it doesn't drop here anymore, you could farmthe otehr 5 via walk in, but not FoE, would it be possible to add skystealer crystals to the current f8 line, or at least FoE?

On 7/1/2022 at 12:58 PM, Green Storm said:

PLEASE bring back the Butterfly Clip Hair!

16 hours ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Everything you descriped here is JUST possible through game manipulations. The normal/vanilla warlock have NO infinite CC immunity. Try to play the class without all the sh❤️t that goes around (and what ncwest is ignoring since ages) and test it again.

No wonder people think that way when classes are distorted by crap like this.

This made me laugh so hard... you know what "things" going around and you still think people will "learn" something now? xD do not be so naive. (no offense!)

This will be my last post regarding the topic before we all get slapped for going off topic.

No, it's really not and it's insulting to me that you assume my assessment was because I'm using cheats to play the class, when I very much have been posting in the past how against I am about the whole practice. I don't play with any damage modifications and the cc immunity still exists; I also have low ping to play it optimally. This was tested by me personally during my first few pulls during the Iron Conqueror event, the only time I was forced to switch to this braindead spec in actual ranking. I played vanilla meme Shadow and it's like hitting a training dummy, with the only time the cc immunity didn't work was the spin attack and the big aoe attack he does after his shield goes away. Those I had to either Bastion or the 1F Repulse iframe. I was forced to switch to it because my 3rd spec, which has to actually iframe and dodge in that fight, would not have been able to keep top 20 against people using meme standing still as a DPS bot. And my gear would have been more than enough to keep top 20 under normal circumstances but we all have to take Ls sometimes.

I know what a lot of people use, too. Despite their rotation being automated (I mean, the Scourge rework is overall terrible and just hold RMB regardless without modifications), they have to do positioning now and use the 2 iframes that Scourge comes with if they choose to continue playing that spec. The people who were getting carried by their badge won't have their cc immunity anymore or damage they never worked towards, either. I expect to see a lot of WLs as floor mats now.

On 7/2/2022 at 6:30 AM, Rhiakath said:

I'll overlook the oversimplification.

A lot of us enjoyed playing 3rd spec before it was entirely gutted with the UE4 update. So we numbed our feelings and swapped to the soulless spec that at least had some actual utility. We chose to sacrifice blackwing soulburn in exchange for personal dps improvement, and now that choice is taken away, forcing us to go back to being buff slaves.

What's good about that? It's not like WL is the only class that could use a combination of old gear in a very particular way and have an unconventional build. Are we going to delete all old soulshields, badges and weapons, too?

The only thing I was looking forward to with the nerf is rerolls rolling away, but right now they can't due to no class change voucher, so our ladder is still unpleasant, despite QoL reductions.

Whatever, be salty if you want.

Literally the class that I personally know to use old gear is Reaper Destro, who uses the Limitless badge instead of the BM badge in their current meta. It's clear NC wants to keep a linear path of progression with the current gear they release. There is no class using gear from years ago.

Reading what you just wrote, you know Meme is absolute trash to play and BORING. Why you all tortured yourselves with this trash is beyond me. Now people are really going to be upset their artificial damage when they flip a switch is gone? They were all not supposed to have it in the first place. If they choose to play an entirely different game from what is intended, then it is only a matter of time before they're all kicked down a notch back to the reality. And I am not just talking about vanilla Meme, as more things were at play in making it the DPS bot it actually was.

NC will never balance the classes based on the West either, with all the junk people do here just for that extra damage. It's hard for NC to balance 3rd spec now because if provided a SB, 3rd spec with TD does more damage or is equal to the other specs in vanilla gameplay. I do also wish the nerf to TD was undone but I consider myself FAR from a buff slave as 3 Vs in succession during a grab is no joke. And 3rd spec TD also lowers the cooldown of grab twice so the party will get a DPS boost as a whole from more frequent grabs and the applied debuff damage. 3rd spec has a big breaker and TD lowers the cooldown of that breaker. Unsure what you mean that Meme had more utility. If anything, it also depends on team composition.

And I did manage to hold my spot in top 10 most of the time in my region despite being 3rd spec this entire time and having the fun that they could only wish to have but deprived themselves of it by choice. Last season I didn't get top 10 but that's alright, as I was gone for 3 weeks without farm. I was beating people that were using Meme (and extra things) in points on the ranking, as well. How people get beaten while flipping a switch for 20+ million more damage is beyond me. For people that think I am accusing without proof, see the last sentence of this statement for all the proof you need. What do I have to be salty about when I achieved my goals and my teams' using the "inferior" spec with vanilla gameplay? Nothing changes for me but everyone that was boosted now gets their world turned upside down. Quite the opposite to imply I would ever be salty. About what? About NOT playing a braindead spec that isn't fun? When I can achieve my personal goals playing the one that is fun? I thought games were made for fun.

90rEnkw.png

iFk62qI.png

Nor am I boasting about ranking but show it because people keep acting like 3rd spec is the equivalent of Scourge when it was literally unplayable due to its extremely low damage that NC ignored to fix before its rework. It really isn't. I'm just pointing out facts to people in some sort of distorted reality that think Meme spec requiring no effort or skill to play was ever a good thing or something worthy of praise with the only thing they may be having to keep track of is their Prey debuff uptime on the target. But let's be honest, we both know that none of them had to keep track of anything. Proof of that was the Iron Conqueror's WL clear times.

Thinking about it, I'm not even sure why they bothered to update the True Skystealer Ring. As far as I am aware, no one in Yura (NA) owns one, and only a single one exists in Jinsoyun (EU). And from what I've heard in other communities, only one or two exist on the KR server. Does the rarest item in the game really need an adjustment like this?

Biggest problem with this update is for people that got high + on the broken obsolete old rng fail upgrade system for skystealer that burned countless skystealer crystals and gold so basically someone that just saved their crystals and stopped at like +11 now can have +20s and people that spent and pushed to get it close to +20 are now shafted and out of crystals that's what's mostly messed up with the update.

In the past cost reductions were done and giveaways like c2a and sb bp mp etc were done but never in a hugely advantegious for those that saved up/disadvantegious for those that basically kept this game going by either paying/grinding/farming and constantly funding and attempting rng upgrades situations such as this are huge middle fingers to some.

You guys in this case should've either not allowed it to be 100% after a certain + level or awarded something to ones that had passed a certain threshold e.g skystealer crystals almost like a compensation bundle for those in the high teens that spent 100x more than the current system and still got shafted.

Now this asks the question are you guys gonna do the same with starcross lol will just make people sit at half max cause they know its gonna be modified by the end of the year to give  people who saved crystals a reward vs those trying to enchant now with the crystals being in very limited supply.

You're basically saying just do dailies, don't upgrade, and when the next set comes out we'll allow you to bump it to the same point. Cause getting it to +18 before took 100s of attempts per acc and wasted lots of crystals that you could've just saved for a few dungeons and kept your accessory lower than instantly been rewarded for not pushing an upgrade.

It's just gonna train people now that if they got a +20 skystealer to a +16 starcross not to touch that +16 starcross and just save until you guys turn it into a fixed system by the end of the year lol so they can +20 it too and +16 the next, rather than waste several months and materials and gold to not get to +20 and then not have enough when it gets changed..

Like why would people want to even try knowing this kind of change is possible now? I know a f2p player yes a f2p player that stoppped at 11 on all their accessories and has 2 +20s after the change, f2p, just does his dailies nothing more, saved the gold, saved the mats, or others in the same boat now have 17-19s easy... The ones that dont have it were the same people but instead they tried to get it there and never got it there and burned everything they had and are now basically told well if u only waited and knew lol. 

So why would you even want to concider whaling out on the game at this point? It's like a sucker bet at a casino. Before it was just a gamble, now it's totally like telling everyone not to try at all and just save for the change.

With stuff like soul and pet you guys rewarded people that had got it higher with additional levels when the system converted over to a mileage and no drop fail system. It wasn't perfect but it was something.

With skystealers you just alienated a lot of players that stayed active, online, farming, or spending and keeping the game going and just rewarding hoarding in lieu, minimal effort.

Edited by LordSwift

So the system still is a "fail downgrade" kind of system if you look at it. They just give you the illusion that it's not. You attempt to upgrade now until the change in several months, get unlucky, lose mats and gold, then the big change happens and you are downgraded in comparison to others who just waited for the change since you won't have anywhere near the mats required and they could just pass you like nothing.

Some game now. Now they added a new gamble to bns.. "Will they do it to starcross as well in the same timeframe as was for skystealer?" lol bait system now vs guarantee system later after all the "suckers" did it first that's how they're treating it now.

Why even have an upgrade button on it now? Oh right for people that didn't learn from skystealer or new players. Thing is this is out in the open now for everyone to be ready with when the next tier comes out. Unless you guys 180 on it and then like increase the cost by doing the polar opposite of skystealer.

(Was waiting for your post patch feedback thread green storm but hasn't happened yet)

Edited by LordSwift

The skystealer accessory upgrade changes were good. 
For years when a new tier of items were added, upgrading the previous items became easier. It was expected.
Don't think of it as you offer your little finger but we still want your whole arm, but could you pretty please remove every single rng element from every single upgrade?

• Like 2

The changes were definitely not good (only good for some) 

It wasn't about a cost reduction it was an entire systems change which shortchanges 2 groups of people:

Group 1 who converted to starcross right before the announcement

and

Group 2 who had not yet converted to starcross but depleted all of their crystal reserves in failed attempts to be told "hey if you'd saved it all these months you would've been better off" and more "ahead" (then players that spent or played more but attempted upgrades or converted) and some of these people were hardcore farmers, lucky, or whales that also got shafted.

Previous reductions weren't done in a way to give any player any sort of advantage it was just to help newer players and players behind or maybe unlucky catch up somewhat but not to this degree they literally handed people who saved crystals and didn't attempt upgrading or converting to starcross a holy grail.

I for one didn't want the change, yet they should be consistent either all or none, either keep rng as fail downgrade or mileage or remove it entirely from an accessories path present and future, and adjust accordingly if you want to make it cheaper later there rather than bouncing back and forth between methods as you go along to see how well it is received by the community.

Maybe try to edge it in slowly instead of you know on 6 items at once lol try maybe 1 item at a time.

It's a lesson learned though as far as what to expect for the future of Starcross despite Starcross having mileage the crystals are very scarce in comparison to Skystealers in their prime, even skystealers now if you farm all the old daily dynamics probably net you more or around the same.

My opinion is they should've done as with past "reductions" is to only reduce part of the system most players are differentiated and giving a +20 or a few away wasn't the answer to the problem.

You could've removed rng up to a certain point and then resumed rng which kind of goes against my all or nothing or a better solution would've just been not to make the upper 5 levels or so.. so cheap  in comparison to what they were before as this is a system you can move to a newer system and retain great benefits vs in the old days it was just next tier but still a long ways to go. 

They basically made it so there's no incentive to really try to push your luck since we've been given a big treat in return, so kind of telling people to save their money and just wait, on nc's side just means less revenue for them lol and less of a gap between whales and the rest of the group.

I mean they did need to address the middle class the most and in this case that's who got screwed the most was the mid/mid-upper tier of players. Whales are just fine and it benefited more the casual do every dungeon 1x a day person and save your mats for months kind of player. Didn't help the player who supplemented playtime and cash together and may have even spent countless hours a day and always attempting upgrades.

I'm done with the topic and could careless just hope to all that reads but even to nc that it was a very bad move and imcomparable to any past moves of the like.

Hard work was always rewarded but now it boils down to a choice of involving a huge risk of try now vs save for a potential major change not a cost reduction but a major change in which you might not have enough currency for.

Other systems they reduced, gave away, or removed fail drops with mileage but still pretty much retained the value and the cost of such.

The skystealers was way way expensive with the low rng before so yea its good they changed this for some but the pioneers really got shafted in the whole conversion mess, something that didn't ever happen before. It was only a gap closure but not a setback for pioneers lol.

Either way still happy otherwise with the state of the game and direction it has been going. New dungeons quite long if you don't get the shorter portals.

They could probably slow a bit down on the new dungeon every month thing because at this rate Starcross will be on its way out soon enough. 

Although it is also kind of late for these QoL changes to come to the game you could argue either way in favor or against but the damage has been done.

People will burst comeback for content like now but it'll be short lived hype is all. BnS already delievered itself several fatal but slow bleeding blows.

Gonna enjoy what's left of the game though for NA. Pretty sure it won't be around much longer for NA.

Maybe give or take a few years but I'm gonna be out pretty soon likely end of year or next.

Edited by LordSwift

5 hours ago, Walex said:

If nobody has noticed till now there are new psyches in the soul boost...

YEP, we have spent like 100-200k gold for our psyches, and now they are literally free for everyone...

Yeah, wasn't it at peak costs like 20 or so k per trove psyche? You might even be underestimating for some people. We don't see eye to eye on a lot of matters but I can see why this is a bit of a harsh blow.