Community-based changes releasing on July 6

Green Storm

2 hours ago, chilegamerz said:

your level of whales is amazing.

15,000 is pretty close to what one character could earn in about 10-11 weeks if doing all dungeons, raids (excluding serpents den due to difficulty) and solo content in that time period. Don't need to be a whale to do that, just patience.

4 hours ago, chilegamerz said:

colleague, you have to do something to improve the game it's not so much because of the new moderator since it's his job to read the comments and give an answer but if bns doesn't listen to his players or doesn't do something to improve the game, sooner or later no no one will be left in the game.

psd: everyone knows the potential that bns has but if they don't know how to take advantage of it, it will be a very good game wasted for nothing.

Did you not understand what Green Storm has posted? The first post in this topic is literally improvements to the game...improves that the community has asked for. I strongly suspect a lot of feedback from before Green Storm started managing the forums just...didn't make it to KR, for whatever reason.

Sure, not EVERY request made by the players is coming, but this is a start and a good one. We just have to hope that this ball keeps rolling, that we keep getting quality of life improvements and changes that benefit the players.

12 hours ago, Green Storm said:
  • Sterling Crystals will be added via a new chest in the Dragon Express that can be purchased twice a week per account. 

Which means that we'll need more honing oil/solar energy I believe. If that's the case then we're out of source.

8 hours ago, chilegamerz said:

It's nothing compared to amounts of resources getting wasted in the old system for no improvements. Fixed costs should have been here from the start, and this is a step in the right direction. It should have been here long ago, and fingers crossed that all other upgrades will follow suit sooner rather than later. The previous system did nothing but make most of my clan quit, and if you want to keep a system that never lets you progress unless you're as rich as a small country, then you'll really only have solo content to play in future.

11 hours ago, chilegamerz said:

I am just saying that anyone who thinks it is 15k per stage is delusional.

If each stage was that little i would have had +20 on all skystealer pretty fast

Highest i reached on skystealer was +18 and i remember some of (or maybe even "most of") the stages taking 50k+ in gold.

I did all Acc’s to atleast +17 before starcross

6 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

I am just saying that anyone who thinks it is 15k per stage is delusional.

If each stage was that little i would have had +20 on all skystealer pretty fast

Highest i reached on skystealer was +18 and i remember some of (or maybe even "most of") the stages taking 50k+ in gold.

I did all Acc’s to atleast +17 before starcross

Reaching above +11 is pretty whale. A regular player has troubles getting to even +6. But reaching +11 is kinda mandatory for keeping good psyches.
I think it would be nice if upgrade costs to +6 would be cheap, to +11 moderately expensive, and to +20 very expensive, so 100g, 1000g and 10000g maybe. So normal players and whales would be equaly happy. I think. I'm not sure, I'm just a potato.

11 minutes ago, Kicsiduda said:

Reaching above +11 is pretty whale. A regular player has troubles getting to even +6. But reaching +11 is kinda mandatory for keeping good psyches.
I think it would be nice if upgrade costs to +6 would be cheap, to +11 moderately expensive, and to +20 very expensive, so 100g, 1000g and 10000g maybe. So normal players and whales would be equaly happy. I think. I'm not sure, I'm just a potato.

I personally don't understand how any one can enjoy these heavily Monetised games without spending any thing.

Is it not annoying to Always be scuffed or given 50kg ankle weights by the devs ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Uldrum said:

I personally don't understand how any one can enjoy these heavily Monetised games without spending any thing.

Is it not annoying to Always be scuffed or given 50kg ankle weights by the devs ?

I don't pay much outside of premium or maybe for the odd outfit here and there and I progress just fine. I think the problem is the general attitude of the player base: many just want stuff handed to them. MMOs are almost always long term progression games as part of their design...if everything was easy to get then people would stop playing once they attain what they want.

This is not to say I don't make use of F10, but my usage outside of outfits and premium is purely with HMCoin attained though my own efforts rather then swiping. I'm honestly not sure how much power one could get though swiping either and that would be a interesting if slightly off topic discussion in its own right.

Slap in the face to all the hardcore players who actually plays the game .. players who  farms hard , swipes hard , upgrades hard ..... to have their efforts thrash down the drain .  @Green Storm what is the point of putting an efforts in a mmorpg , simply when one can just wait for nerfs or free events ~ to all the whales in the game no hope in this game ... stop swiping or farming hardcore .. just simply wait and cry on forums its too hard to make golds or get gear .. and all will be given to us for free .

25 minutes ago, Jinusama said:

Slap in the face to all the hardcore players who actually plays the game .. players who  farms hard , swipes hard , upgrades hard ..... to have their efforts thrash down the drain .  @Green Storm what is the point of putting an efforts in a mmorpg , simply when one can just wait for nerfs or free events ~ to all the whales in the game no hope in this game ... stop swiping or farming hardcore .. just simply wait and cry on forums its too hard to make golds or get gear .. and all will be given to us for free .

Without modifications to gear progression newer players would not stand a chance of catching up, but what exactly do you have a problem with? This thread outlined several changes, are you upset at all of them?

• Like 1

well then what happens to people who spends millions of gold maintain top tier ? what happens to their 3-6 month of efforts ? if company gonna make changes and screw one side ~ atleast show some efforts to reimburse them 

@Green Storm

Do we have to wait until the patch notes or can we get a tentative table or chart that could be provided here for us for feedback now and such? I'm 50/50 on the whole change. I worked hard to get everything to +17s and easily had the worst rng in getting 'em there too lol was like 50 tries a stage for each when they got to double digit levels (not complaining, knew what I was getting myself into). I was looking to converting them over and still having at least some sort of an edge with the old system in place. If the change means even a slightly easier +20 cool but at the same time what about people who even up to recent used the old system? These kind of changes help everyone but also hurt many at the same time. This should've been introduced far sooner. Also will you guys do anything for people that basically converted over and then this post came right out? Will reversions work, will there be exceptions made, etc? Just some thoughts.

Edited by LordSwift
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, LordSwift said:

@Green Storm

Do we have to wait until the patch notes or can we get a tentative table or chart that could be provided here for us for feedback now and such? I'm 50/50 on the whole change. I worked hard to get everything to +17s and easily had the worst rng in getting 'em there too lol was like 50 tries a stage for each when they got to double digit levels (not complaining, knew what I was getting myself into). I was looking to converting them over and still having at least some sort of an edge with the old system in place. If the change means even a slightly easier +20 cool but at the same time what about people who even up to recent used the old system? These kind of changes help everyone but also hurt many at the same time. This should've been introduced far sooner. Also will you guys do anything for people that basically converted over and then this post came right out? Will reversions work, will there be exceptions made, etc? Just some thoughts.

ty better put it then me ~ what i am trying to say =)

I do hope that we won't end up in a situation where you punish people who moved to new accessories that you released ONE patch ago. If it's going to be cheaper(or even close) to go skystealer +20 than continuing my starcross +12(or more newly aqcuired  glove) I'll be majorly pissed.

Edited by 808068_1452549836
  • Like 1

You guys act like everyone has just 30-40k crystals and 1k fusion per acces sitting arround at this point or even the skystealer acces themselves not used on succesion. I massively farmed AD/Sub and i cant even get 1 to 20 from the remaining 2 +16 acces i have, if the rumoured costs of % based mat amount is true.

Would be like 100 fusion and 3400 of each crystal for stage 19-20 alone, which is the average needed at 1%. 

The people who upgraded them early got the crystals way cheaper from f5 at 20-40g a pop with plenty of influx. Now you would have to pay 150g+ and the amount is extremely limited in f5 as they are unobtainable now

Your only way to get em would be spam stage 2 at 600-1.2k runs per 3k crystals. Good luck with that, as if anyone would bother with it. 

Edited by Crona Darkdance

On 6/29/2022 at 4:42 PM, Rhiakath said:

Tbh it would be better if all the RNG upgrades were removed. Even high, but fixed costs are better and more fair to everyone. In current system, someone can one tap +15 for very little cost, while someone can get stuck at +10 for a very long and expensive time.

First, thank you Greenstorm for making sure the feedback gets to the right people to make changes. I had to re-read your post about the change to Skystealer multiple times actually because I thought I was seeing things.

I do thing that most people would prefer a set cost on accessories. Even if the cost is high for the upper tiers, it keeps players grinding and playing daily and working towards it knowing that the upgrade is guaranteed. BnS's gear progression is the worst its ever been, in my opinion. If you destroy the sense of progression, then you destroy the entire premise of an MMO.

I spent hours grinding old Skystealer dungeons and guess what? My belt is still sitting at +12 even after how long Sub came out? I obtained the belt very shortly after the dungeon released too. Every day, I would try to up the belt to no avail UNTIL NOW actually. I am sitting on 23k of each crystal now from how much I grinded old Demonsbane but actually stopped playing for a while, and even stopped spending, because this RNG system is not a good gear progression system at all.

nObrrEX.png

So sitting now on 23k crystals shows how much I failed to progress with the old system despite grinding non-stop. Most of my stuff was at +12 or +13 going into the new tier because I would fail every day to upgrade.

You can pour your heart out on this game and walk away with nothing in the end with the RNG system. Though now with the meter, it is slightly better than the progression decided entirely via a dice roll on the old Demonsbane accessories but don't get me wrong, this system is still ABSOLUTE TRASH.

I don't know a single player, F2P or whale, that goes "Hmm, yes, I want to blow all my gold and materials today and walk away with nothing". A set cost would certainly be a welcomed change for the West.

Now where does this change to Skystealer leave us? With a good template, at least. I got screwed over too because I already used the succession system on my old gear but it wouldn't be the first time getting screwed over while playing this game, right? So I am also 50/50 on it like other people. But also, now I see people complaining that never showed their faces to give feedback on the forums about how terrible this system is. If you do not care to offer feedback and just keep silent or laugh it off and keep telling people to "inhale more copium" or "if you don't like it, just quit" like I see way too many people do in-game, then nothing will change.
This is the main place that NCWest can get feedback on our version of the game. Not complaining in the game on faction chat; there are no GMs in the game. Not complaining on Discord, either.
Tell other players to voice their concerns on these forums instead because it's something I'm constantly doing when people rant in the game.

This change should definitely be employed for all the new gear tiers because it's a welcomed change that unfortunately came too late. I think people should not stop playing and upgrade as much as you feel comfortable going in the current system or what your time allows. At least now, you don't entirely walk away with nothing in the end. If the old tier gets a 100% upgrade, you can work towards gathering your daily materials for a better way to progress after the new tier comes out. It can take a while to obtain the new tier as well, so it is possible to keep upgrading the old tier in the mean time.

Edited by Gengar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Crona Darkdance said:

You guys act like everyone has just 30-40k crystals and 1k fusion per acces sitting arround at this point

I have easily over 30k crystals on main. And that is after bumping my accessories from 8->11 for succession. Upgrading skystealer anything over +8 felt like a scam to me and didn't do it before succession was announced to keep the psyches.(getting new good legendary ones is quite time consuming)

There is time and place to making things cheaper but not like this. You should not punish people that actually play the game and farm their stuff IN THE NEXT PATCH. This reduction should have happened either before new accessories or 4-5 months into the future.

24 minutes ago, Gengar said:

If you do not care to offer feedback and just keep silent or laugh it off and keep telling people to "inhale more copium" or "if you don't like it, just quit" like I see way too many people do in-game, then nothing will change.
This is the main place that NCWest can get feedback on our version of the game. Not complaining in the game on faction chat; there are no GMs in the game. Not complaining on Discord, either.

Feedback to Greenstorm. Give resources to all players that upgraded to new accessories according to +level.
Feedback contributed. But my rectal area still feels very much used.

ps. failed earring to +11 over 50 times

The best thing would be to remove all rng from all upgrades. Like how it used to be, before the fusion stones. It was one of the things that made me prefer bns over other mmorpgs.
Thank you for listening to us ❤️

• Like 1

• NCSOFT
7 hours ago, Gengar said:

Tell other players to voice their concerns on these forums instead because it's something I'm constantly doing when people rant in the game.

First, I want to thank you @Gengar and others here who posted respectful and well-thought-out feedback on this news. We wanted to present it to the community before it goes live next week. What you say above is correct: players should continue to give us feedback here (on the forums), and we'll continue to listen.

As you may remember, when I joined a few months ago, I asked for the community's patience in bringing about some changes. These changes, and those to Treasure Trove and the Costume Rotation, are the results of the work we've been doing to improve the game based on what the community is saying. Now we start another cycle of listening to the community's feedback and trying to find answers to the concerns players share.

One last thing: not everyone will agree on what is a good or bad change. Please be respectful of other players and the staff. You can disagree, but you cannot do it in a way that breaks the Forum's Code of Conduct. Thank you!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

thank you for these changes, now I wonder where can we farm the Skystealer Crystal? We need a huge amount

I did my best to read the patchnote in English (French version not available), I may have missed the information

1 minute ago, Yuki Kei said:

thank you for these changes, now I wonder where can we farm the Skystealer Crystal? We need a huge amount

Demonsbane stages 1-2 (Hall, Shrine and new dungeon) have a chance to drop one pouch, but that is not good for farming. Event will also give you chance to buy it, but the event currency is the limiting factor, so I don't think we'll be able to get many that way, either. For now it's difficult and we only can get small amounts at times, and they're not really permanent or viable farming sources.

Old dungeons from the previous F8 rotation still give them in dynamic, but that is IIRC limited to 3/day, so you can't get all at once (at least in easy mode, haven't been able to run normal or hard mode yet to check)

19 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

Demonsbane stages 1-2 (Hall, Shrine and new dungeon) have a chance to drop one pouch, but that is not good for farming. Event will also give you chance to buy it, but the event currency is the limiting factor, so I don't think we'll be able to get many that way, either. For now it's difficult and we only can get small amounts at times, and they're not really permanent or viable farming sources.

Old dungeons from the previous F8 rotation still give them in dynamic, but that is IIRC limited to 3/day, so you can't get all at once (at least in easy mode, haven't been able to run normal or hard mode yet to check)

Ty for the info. but it's going to be complicated, I need at least 7000 of each crystal. (by reading the quantities required in the patchnote).
It would be necessary to add a source to farm these crystals