They're Removing Moonstones, and Elysian Orbs from the Daily Challenge box!

Why Bother

5 hours ago, Izayowa said:

Hi there,

I actually think, that it isn't rly hard to do weekly, farm mats or get 1K AP. I started in december and have 1037AP now even without playing daily, spending money or having any alts.

After finishing story you have most of the things you need and you should stop complaining about getting less mats when the upgrades are cheaper than before. I did my first weekly when I had 923 AP and noone had a problem with that.

There will always be ppl that requires stupidly high AP for even easy dungeons but that doesn't mean you can't get another group.

You're talking about your past experience, we're talking about things now, and after the up coming patch. In the past, people did do dungeons like Sogun's Lament, and Shattered Masts more, so you could get the items from them more readily. Now people do them so little, and NCSoft are downgrading their importance so much, that they're removing the weapon upgrade materials those specific dungeons provide, yet they also provide Pinnacle accessories, which would be helpful in the progression of a new character.

In December there was the Frozen Vipercap Cavern event, which was one of the few events they've had for a good while now open to level 16+ characters, and was fantastic for getting things like gems. Another event was that last one dealing with DT, EC, and NF, with so many doing them every day, people would be more capable of getting teams, even when below 1k AP, which would help them get materials, and legendary accessories. Now there's a lot less people doing them at any given time, and after the upcoming update, they're reducing the rewards from those dungeons, so even less people will want to do them, making it increasingly difficult to get those legendary accessories. The upcoming event will be dealing with the next group of dungeons, where the typical demand is 1K for NS, and the weekly challenge dungeons, then 1.1k AP for IF, and EL. Those are now by NCSoft's view the bottom end dungeons we're suppose to be doing, but where you are after finishing the story quests now, is roughly the same as when you started playing, meaning the gap between where you are after the story quests, and what you're suppose to be doing, thereby most of the community will be doing, has increased. We can also safely assume that daily challenge dungeons will be shifted up again in the upcoming patch, yet once again, the place you are after doing the story quests is largely unchanged from when you started, with the only new story content since then being the Emperor's Tomb side story.

When it comes to upgrade costs, this is a top heavy grindathon type game, what that means is the grind is focused at the top end, and as the top end moves with the addition of new content, so too does the grind. At launch you got an evolving weapon, and three evolving accessories right near the start. Over time they changed it so you didn't get an evolving weapon till you got to Moonwater, or Silverfrost, the initial three evolving accessories stopped being made available, then the first evolving weapon became the legendary ones, finally we are now at the point that the first series of legendary weapons are considered trash by much of the community. It's not that they're reducing upgrade costs as many call it, just that they're shifting things forward, as while the "trash" items cost less to get, then given in quests, and finally removed, new higher tier items get added. In time, we can expect the Baleful/Seraph lines to be phased out, just as previous ones have, and the legendary accessories from DT, EC, and NF will be provided in story quests.

Now if there was account bound versions of things like the different transformation stones, that used the account bound materials, rather than the marketable ones, that would help considerably, as the supply, and thereby cost of those marketable materials is a real choke point now, especially when they get used in other things as well, like those XP charm transmutations. That's why the change in their availability is such a concern.

1 hour ago, SayhaSeer said:

Not to mention this box, even if it's weekly going to balance materials on market so much on Moonstones / Sacred Orbs / Elysian Orbs and SoulStones then what the price are right now. it will make even easier to upgrade then as of today. and PTS prices will go down too. Transformation Stones will go down too. So this box is really a big game changer.

It would be nice if that were the case, but personally, I think market prices of those materials will further increase. You have to remember that in this update, they're also nerfing dungeon rewards of mid tier dungeons again, the new XP charm transmutation will take more of those materials, and with the cost of sealed Raven weapon upgrade items at an all time low, the demand for the different transformation stones will further increase. Also with the new upward shift in the dungeons they want us to do, people will be compelled to upgrade further, which will also further increase the demand for the different transformation stones.

It's like BnS is giving less incentive to actually play and grind the game.

I mean even tho I can do high level dung I still farm older ones thus spending more time in BnS.  With this stupid update maybe I would spend more time in other games since maybe the grinding BnS be useless now.  Thus is playing Bns even worth while anymore?

I mean I don't completely have issues with trove and stuff but grinding is also a nice activity to do. BnS be so boring like some whales I know who afk most times and just swipe for gear, or is that what Bns wants you to do now. Just AFK and swipe, don't bother grinding or playing?

This game stopped being "New Player Friendly" a long time ago. They'll still keep pushing Events, F10 marketplace, "buy Ncoin to progress", "buy our RNG box or grind till you die", Trove Trove Trove. Basically at this point in the game if it doesn't make the company money they dont care. But hey guys we're still focusing on our very extremely small PVP scene baiting view numbers with free stuff. ;)

Funny when ppl defend bns its the same ppl defend like aion or battlefront 2, these companies dont care about you even you try to defend them they want your money and nothing else deal with it, everything else they pretend is just marketing!

They nerf 2 things and upward 1 thing so keep a bit the balance and then pretending they give us more, dont get fooled.

First the silverfrost gold reward nerfs, and now this?

So, you actually don't want new players to play your game and gear up, right? You just want the end game whales to get their upgrade materials in their dungeons (I mean, we can all see that the new event meant to "Help people prepare" is actually aimed towards people who are already at or near end game, anyway.)

There is -no- reason to drive players out of the older content. It is not helping the game, by any means. It creates a situation where only the highest tier players control -everything- Why is it a problem for people to get upgrade mats from lower level dungeons? Most of them are account bound, and it's an absolute pittance of materials, at that.

I just hope basin will still have materal bags so that my alts wont be completely useless, given that they've made grinding them absolutely pointless so far.

Am 5.5.2018 um 17:34 schrieb Jack Valent:

Oh another thing I notice on NC's sheet Riftwalk 3 to Riftwalk 7 will cost extra 1 more Premium Transformation Stone each upgrade (2 PTS per upgrade)

I could be wrong.

I noticed this change in their document too and this is just ridiculous :') Raven is already cheaper and way better, than this path and they make it even more expensive :') PTS cost 580-600G on my server:sick: and yeah they reduced the amount of crystals a bit (yay), but what do you need to craft the stones hmm? the tradable version of the mats and luck :') or 580-600 Gold :') nice change :'D great job:thumbsup:

my twinks will probably forever stuck at riftwalk 3 :'D And if the mains of some players use this weaponpath at the moment...good luck :') This path is such a punishment and they will make it even worse :)

Lowering older dungeon rewards does nothing, but makes things more difficult for new players. You want people to do newer content? Buff the rewards in the newer dungeons! People do older dungeons because they're quick and easy. The same players doing quick and easy dungeons are STILL going to do quick and easy dungeons once this patch hits. Besides the only reason decently geared players don't do higher dungeons(ssm,hh,dd,rt) is because they don't want to deal with a pug group and/or their clan/friends aren't on. Once again lowering older dungeon rewards does NOTHING for this. Anyways removing trade-able mats from DC's is a terrible idea, mat prices are currently still high after trove and this is with the supply being high. I don't even want to imagine wat the prices are going to be like once the supply goes down(and it will). I personally get way more trade-able mats a week from 7 DC's then the new weekly box will provide. If they wanted to increase mat supply then they should of just kept the trade-able mat procs.

Yeah, lowering gold reward is always a hard to understand move..  If they want people to run new dungeon, why not make it more attractive (say giving it 35G reward) Instead of gutting down old dg's which basically hurt new or still "under geared" player.

On 5.5.2018 at 5:17 PM, SayhaSeer said:

Yes, It's not hard at all, but don't bother, people here spend more time complaining in forums then playing the game it self, They want everything with 0 effort put. after 2 years of reading these forums I palmfaced all the way. I also noticed how people use "New Players" for their own benefits, it's funny. someone started using "New Players" now everyone started to care so much about "New Players" and how hard it is for them. even though The New Players who join achieve way more then the people who keep using "New Players". 

Nice generalization, makes it a lot easier understand the world instead of trying to analyze a complex situation. While I agree that some characters in this forum might use the help for "new players" as a reason to benefit from reduced upgrade costs etc. with their alts, I don't think that this fits for the majority of the players. Older players (like me) who started to level up alts a long time ago don't need any reduced upgrade costs, as they had plently of time to used the benefits of the system to gear those up. As I'm still playing with new players, also people i know from other games a long time ago, I see their progress and the invested time and have to say, that I was faster in upgrading my gear back in those days, than they are now. Most likely because of the hyperinflation in combination with the reduction of the daily money and the materials from lower dungeons. They have to farm twice or thrice the time because the developers decided to cut down the materials, but not the gold sink items aka leg jewels and elements for a long time now (while implementing the changes stated out before). I pushed a friend of mine, so he can gear up fast and join me in F8 on all dungeons, actually he had bound materials for 5 weapon stages, but no gold for the elements. So they shifted the farming priority from materials to gold and gold farm is very limited per day for those players. While players with "low gear" have no gold to progress the well geared players have too much of it and keep raising the prices.

People see others recruit 1k / 1.1k / 1.2k in Dungeons / Raids and they instantly think that you can't do those dungeons without having these APs,  Which is Wrong, The only reason they can't do  is because they don't even bother making their own party's / Raids with their own requirements.

That's partially right. I started a weekly challenge with one of my two "low geared classes" and the result was 1 hour of wiping at snowjade fortress. Actually I don't mind wiping with those under 1k players (ap is a ridiculous factor anyway as a 850ap character with the bracelet, badge and mystic badge has much more dps than someone without those, but having 1k ap) as long as I see any kind of progress. But many players aren't willing to wipe more than 2 times, because of their mentality "if we wipe one or two times the raid is not able to clear this boss". So a couple of reasons led to the failture of the raid.

- leaving the raid after one or two fails, this led to inviting new players who partially caused one of the three mistakes listed below

- not being able/or willing to communicate (following the chat + responding) while doing lethal mistakes

- not knowing the mechanic at all (which is also no problem for me to explain, if the people talk to me in the chat, instead of keeping quiet and causing mindless the first wipes)

- claiming to know the mechanic, fail it, blame the raid and leave (I love this one /kappa)

NCsoft nerfed so much already. that it's not even achievement to have a high level upgrade or an item. before it used to be hard to upgrade and so much materials you needed that each upgrade was an achievement.

I agree, depending on the item the upgrade is much too fast for the end gear, on the otherhand the possibilities to grind specific items are very limited. I wouldn't mind giving the players more choices/ways of grinding specific materials and having a harder way to upgrade/finish certain items.

On 5/7/2018 at 4:45 AM, Souba said:

First the silverfrost gold reward nerfs, and now this?

So, you actually don't want new players to play your game and gear up, right? You just want the end game whales to get their upgrade materials in their dungeons (I mean, we can all see that the new event meant to "Help people prepare" is actually aimed towards people who are already at or near end game, anyway.)

There is -no- reason to drive players out of the older content. It is not helping the game, by any means. It creates a situation where only the highest tier players control -everything- Why is it a problem for people to get upgrade mats from lower level dungeons? Most of them are account bound, and it's an absolute pittance of materials, at that.

I just hope basin will still have materal bags so that my alts wont be completely useless, given that they've made grinding them absolutely pointless so far.

The funny thing is that these people need no "help" to prepare. They're already ready - just need to learn the mechanics and they're set.

NC's business model seems to be: Drive out all players but whales, potential whales and milk those types of players for as long as they can then shut down the game CoH style. I could be wrong but given how every patch makes this game increasingly unfriendly to new players (I can easily tell simply by playing on my alt); it's a logical conclusion. New players are what sustain any game as attrition kills off older players. Without a steady stream of replacements, well the game dies eventually.

But of course if your business model is built on whales, it doesn't matter if the game dies, you'll be profitable either way. It's a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ poor way to do business though.

As a new player myself I really don't get what the fuss is about. Why is everybody in such a rush to get "max" geared straightaway, even as a complete newb (sub 1 mnth) at the game it didn't take me that long to get my first raven weapon and the only micro transaction I had was premium account time. Honestly I think many players would benefit from a little patience and just consistently do dailies and earn the gear over time rather than trying to blitz all this shiny gear fast as possible.

I get that it can be frustrating at times, I lost count of the amount of times I had a NS run fall apart simply because I still had the under 10 clears symbol or had under 1k AP but honestly that is what makes it all the more worth it when I did finally get my bracelet and you can't beat that feeling when I first hit 1k AP sure its not ground breaking or op top gear , but for me it's the little upgrades and progress that makes this game fun and satisfying for me.

I hope that made sense as this is just one noobs opinions >.<

copy pasta my reply from another thread but still holds true to this current conversation about "new players"

4 hours ago, tomatotea said:

As a new player myself I really don't get what the fuss is about. Why is everybody in such a rush to get "max" geared straightaway, even as a complete newb (sub 1 mnth) at the game it didn't take me that long to get my first raven weapon and the only micro transaction I had was premium account time. Honestly I think many players would benefit from a little patience and just consistently do dailies and earn the gear over time rather than trying to blitz all this shiny gear fast as possible.

I get that it can be frustrating at times, I lost count of the amount of times I had a NS run fall apart simply because I still had the under 10 clears symbol or had under 1k AP but honestly that is what makes it all the more worth it when I did finally get my bracelet and you can't beat that feeling when I first hit 1k AP sure its not ground breaking or op top gear , but for me it's the little upgrades and progress that makes this game fun and satisfying for me.

You wouldnt have your Raven with the current nerf coming tomorrow that this topic is about, do some math like 30days how much u get from daily reward now and after nerf.

7 hours ago, tomatotea said:

copy pasta my reply from another thread but still holds true to this current conversation about "new players"

The reason for the concern is that there's a gap between what you can reasonably do after finishing story content, and the content they want us to be doing, which in turn is the content the bulk of the community is doing, with typically over the top stats/equipment demands, and that gap is only going to get larger after this update, which will make participating even harder for new people than it was for you. Then as they try to push us to do higher content, we will then need to upgrade further, this will result in the need for more of the various transformation stones, transformation stones require the marketable version of the four base materials, as there's no variant of them that uses the account bound ones. Furthermore, for the one weapon line at least, they're even increasing the amount of the most expensive transformation stone in its upgrades, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Raven line had the same change, but they just forgot to list it. All of that will mean there will be an increased need for these marketable versions of the base materials, but with the upcoming change they are at best going to only be about as many entering circulation as now, but it could easily work out to less. Increased demand, with an equal, or lower supply means higher costs all around. About a month ago Empyrean Spirit Stones cost about half of what they do now on my server for instance, and with this update, their cost looks to only get higher, as does the cost of all the other transformation stones, and the associated marketable materials.

Like I showed another person earlier, he/she benefited from circumstances that were going on at the time they started play, to now, and so did you. Also to do all that in one month would surely have taken you far more hours of play than the typical person would have been able to invest in playing in the same period of time, that, or you got help, you can't for a second tell me you didn't rush when you supposedly did all that in a month. After the next Act is released, the gap will surely shrink again, as that has been the cycle, but until then, trying to get to the content they want us to do after finishing the story content will be a real uphill battle, and their changes are really only making it worse.

All the previous patches and changes were ''New Comers'' friendly but the upcoming update is totally a U turn. 

No matter the reason, this huge reduction on quests gold and materials is very bad. I am playing since open beta and my gears are more than enough to handle the new contents. Players like me aren't really concerned but i feel bad for the baleful/seraph out there. Those guys will be kicked out if they attempt the dungeons above NS so they will have to do the older dungeons to get a few golds. Of course, high level players with good gears won't waste time to do those dungeons anymore. Result for lower level players : much more time spend for much less rewards.

Maybe this patch is just in accordance with NCsoft's strategy on focusing and investing a lot more on mobiles games.

Rename that patch ''Blade & Soul Eternal Downfall''.

Welp, time to get creative and find other ways to farm what you want is all I can say.  Im gonna level a new character after this patch(Soul Fighter lolol), and see how that goes. TL;DR I'm not gonna worry about it.

3 hours ago, Lorcanne said:

Welp, time to get creative and find other ways to farm what you want is all I can say.  Im gonna level a new character after this patch(Soul Fighter lolol), and see how that goes. TL;DR I'm not gonna worry about it.

You won't find other ways if there aren't any to discover. Good luck with the whole yin-yang thing tho :osu:

Well, there is a positive note to these changes. Given that B+S is no longer on my hard drive, I can fit in a few extra hours of movies. Also I will be able to have more free time to enjoy the nice weather outside. I just wish I hadn't spent any money on this game now, then I would have more money for ice cold beer. So while it's a shame that B+S is no longer a game which I feel motivated to play and I will miss my characters, it's not all doom and gloom :poop:

Well those Lucent Promises chests from some dungeons have a chance to drop Elysian Orbs, and Sacred Orbs now, so that's something, and I think I saw more dungeons with them, making drop rates of them the big question. Unless they nerfed the old faction PvEish dailies again, those still will give Soulstones, which just leaves us in a mess for Moonstones again. Still not giddy about all these changes, as there will still be a marked increased demand for those items given the general push to get higher upgrades, and supply being an issue. For account bound materials, the changes look like we will on a whole be getting more, but the marketable ones are still an issue.

I saw the prices of some marketable material related things go down today, but I think that's as like always happens, people are trying to do their weeklies on the first day, so we got a sudden spike in supply today, which will decline over the course of the week. We'll still have to wait a few weeks to really see the full impact of these changes though, but I'm not real hopeful at the moment.

Again, I REALLY wish there was account bound crafting options for transformation stones, that would solve so many upgrade issue. There's marketable, and account bound variants for other crafted items, but not those, and given how important they are, that just strikes me as odd.

3 hours ago, Redsquirl said:

Well, there is a positive note to these changes. Given that B+S is no longer on my hard drive, I can fit in a few extra hours of movies. Also I will be able to have more free time to enjoy the nice weather outside. I just wish I hadn't spent any money on this game now, then I would have more money for ice cold beer. So while it's a shame that B+S is no longer a game which I feel motivated to play and I will miss my characters, it's not all doom and gloom :poop:

Many will do the same. On EU the maintenance was delayed but i did not even care, it shows how much i don't give a damn on this game anymore. I might became a casual player then eventually make some space on my disk as well. 

PS : btw nice ninja move on lucent chests, you helped me on deciding if i still should spend money on this game^^

On 2018-05-04 at 12:21 PM, Arohk said:

make your own 1k raid then, the dungeons are not difficult with a 1k group even, just takes ~10 minutes longer to clear .

That’s right blame the victim don’t fix the game.  And it doesn’t take only ten minutes it can take up to an hour to convince players to learn the mechanics and recruit for people that leave before a fight is even over.  No one with equipment stays. What should happen if you leave a boss fight before it’s over ( I mean while your actually fighting the boss not waiting for new recruits) your weapon should be unusable for a given period of time or maybe even lost. 

On 2018-05-04 at 11:01 AM, JoannaRamira said:

And i don't give a damn on who's gonna join my weeklies. I just make, let people flock in and have some fun.  If you were in Yura. contact me in game. I usually start my weekly train right after reset.

It's just people wants to overcompensate or wanting "fast" though dunno how fast run.  You can just apply, they'll likely won't check gear one by one, they just look HM level. Or just make your own group without need to put any AP req.

So instead of fixing the problem lie?..

On 2018-05-08 at 1:38 AM, tomatotea said:

I think the issue is you are forced to go into dungeons that you do not have equipment for and now with the changes might never get, to deal with the players that are frustrated because your not doing your share of the fight.  The game forces a toxic community due to this pressure.  The higher you go the more those elements that players were farming for become more and more expensive so alts are used to support your main.  If you can’t use alts then it’s going to take a very long time to compete with seasoned players.  The lack of supply is only going to make the market worse.  There is no checks to curb run away inflation.  This could easily be fixed by controls and giving newer players opertunities to obtain this items in lower dungeons.  The game makers have decided that forcing players into the new content is easier than fixing the market and the toxic community.

22 hours ago, noirdoll said:

So instead of fixing the problem lie?..

to fix this. need to kill everyone and clone me. No toxicity guaranteed.

More realistic solution would be actually reward ppl for being nice and helpful in-game. The implementation however would be difficult and may require manpower as it will definitely involve a GM blend into the players and watch their behavior to determine whether the player is eligible for the reward.

Archived