They're Removing Moonstones, and Elysian Orbs from the Daily Challenge box!

Why Bother

The main way I've been earning my Moonstones, and Elysian Orbs has been the daily challenge boxes, but in the patch preview, that box they showed (and is queued below) no longer has the marketable versions of the four base materials, it just has more of the crystals version of them, which they called a significant upgrade, when I often get 10x packs of crystals, and 5x packs of the marketable ones anyhow, seems like a downgrade to me. Now if things like transformation stones could be made using the crystal versions, I wouldn't care if those were removed, but as those sort of items do require the marketable version, that's a problem. Then with this reduction in the supply of those items, we can likely expect their cost in the market to further increase after this patch, even with the 24 lock out on the 5 million XP charms.

Oh, and the new materials chests from various dungeons like Naryu Foundry while should give more crystal versions of the materials, they no longer have a chance for 100 gold.

3 hours ago, Why Bother said:

The main way I've been earning my Moonstones, and Elysian Orbs has been the daily challenge boxes, but in the patch preview, that box they showed (and is queued below) no longer has the marketable (...), which they called a significant upgrade, (...), seems like a downgrade to me.(...)

I notice exactly the same things, and of course rewards nerf in older dungeon etc etc etc etc

I cant write what I thing about this because even if I write only ***** ***** ****** ****** ***** ***** there is still big chance to get ban :P

PS - another "funny" part was when they present new soul, they tell about it power etc but except ap all stats was the same and 5s up time instead 8 and they even not notice this, and when people start comment (time 1:14:00) "hmmmy (with priceless face) (...) anyway (with voice like I dont give a ..... )

they are just making things worse and worse all the time.

they should really ask the community first before making these changes; they are just too idiots to realize that!

for example: currently you can use 4moonstones and 6 elysian orbs and 1 pet pack to get the 5mil charm.

after update: 12 moonstones+12 elysians orbs for the 5mil charm+30 bravery coins... That's double the ressources; they'll end up at 30-40g each for sure. this is so damn stupid!

58 minutes ago, nonistaicho said:

they are just making things worse and worse all the time.

they should really ask the community first before making these changes; they are just too idiots to realize that!

for example: currently you can use 4moonstones and 6 elysian orbs and 1 pet pack to get the 5mil charm.

after update: 12 moonstones+12 elysians orbs for the 5mil charm+30 bravery coins... That's double the ressources; they'll end up at 30-40g each for sure. this is so damn stupid!

But you cant spam the charms anymore, its kinda pointless to do 100 5mil exp charms ... u will sit on them for at least 100 days.

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

Weekly might be our chance tho :x though yes it's not shown on stream :S

https://i.imgur.com/ls4qFgs.jpg

So in other words we need whale gear to get any form of tradeable items... yes I know DKV/FAS/SJF are not exactly hardcore content, but most groups ask for 1100 AP or charge for a carry. Oh well, back to Black Desert methinks.

Just now, Redsquirl said:

So in other words we need whale gear to get any form of tradeable items... yes I know DKV/FAS/SJF are not exactly hardcore content, but most groups ask for 1100 AP or charge for a carry. Oh well, back to Black Desert methinks.

i see 1000 AP groups all the time.

And i don't give a damn on who's gonna join my weeklies. I just make, let people flock in and have some fun.  If you were in Yura. contact me in game. I usually start my weekly train right after reset.

3 minutes ago, Redsquirl said:

It's just people wants to overcompensate or wanting "fast" though dunno how fast run.  You can just apply, they'll likely won't check gear one by one, they just look HM level. Or just make your own group without need to put any AP req.

1 hour ago, JoannaRamira said:

And i don't give a damn on who's gonna join my weeklies. I just make, let people flock in and have some fun.  If you were in Yura. contact me in game. I usually start my weekly train right after reset.

It's just people wants to overcompensate or wanting "fast" though dunno how fast run.  You can just apply, they'll likely won't check gear one by one, they just look HM level. Or just make your own group without need to put any AP req.

I agree, and have stated before that people just put in absurd stats/equipment demands, even for easy content (their demands can be so high, that anyone meeting them should be able to solo the dungeon). With regular dungeons what you're advising is more likely to work, but even then often is met with people that refuse to team with even one person below certain standards, but for content with a weekly lockout, you'll have an increasingly difficult time getting a team, as more, and more of the people that may have been willing to team with you, will have the raid on lockout. Even if the new chest in the weekly challenge does have those materials, it's still not as beneficial to those trying to catch up as having them in the daily challenge reward.

7 minutes ago, Why Bother said:

I agree, and have stated before that people just put in absurd stats/equipment demands, even for easy content (their demands can be so high, that anyone meeting them should be able to solo the dungeon). With regular dungeons what you're advising is more likely to work, but even then often is met with people that refuse to team with even one person below certain standards, but for content with a weekly lockout, you'll have an increasingly difficult time getting a team, as more, and more of the people that may have been willing to team with you, will have the raid on lockout. Even if the new chest in the weekly challenge does have those materials, it's still not as beneficial to those trying to catch up as having them in the daily challenge reward.

make your own 1k raid then, the dungeons are not difficult with a 1k group even, just takes ~10 minutes longer to clear .

1 hour ago, TecoTek said:

But you cant spam the charms anymore, its kinda pointless to do 100 5mil exp charms ... u will sit on them for at least 100 days.

As I said in the opening post, even with that change to the XP charms, removing  that supply of those materials could reduce the supply by enough that the market cost of those items could still end up increasing. Outside of trove events, you won't be able to get a lot of XP charms anyhow, so that works as an even greater limiter to being able to make those charms in the first place, it's been a while since the last trove now, yet the cost of those materials is still bloody high, and seems to keep going up.

11 minutes ago, Arohk said:

make your own 1k raid then, the dungeons are not difficult with a 1k group even, just takes ~10 minutes longer to clear .

Did you even bother to read what I just wrote? As I said, with those raids on a weekly lockout, you'll have less, and less people even capable of teaming with over the course of the week.

Also what about the people not at 1k AP yet? They could finally do the daily challenge now, but usually not the weekly due to the typical 1k+ AP requirement, that will mean less characters able to get those new weekly reward chests if we get them.  NCSoft seems to want everyone to go from the story quests, directly to content around Naryu Sanctum, and these weekly raids, while even effectively limiting the means to get a new char to that point by reducing quest rewards in dungeons, which in turn means less people willing to do them.

4 hours ago, Why Bother said:

Also what about the people not at 1k AP yet? They could finally do the daily challenge now, but usually not the weekly due to the typical 1k+ AP requirement, that will mean less characters able to get those new weekly reward chests if we get them.  NCSoft seems to want everyone to go from the story quests, directly to content around Naryu Sanctum, and these weekly raids, while even effectively limiting the means to get a new char to that point by reducing quest rewards in dungeons, which in turn means less people willing to do them.

really,

this is all you need for 1k AP

WYQExJd.jpg

8 hours ago, TecoTek said:

Now this is a new level of stupidity. Now if someone wants to get hm 25, it's rip. Great job NC West. A round of applause for your brilliant change.

No seriously. Unless I see all the exp people stacked on their toons since the release of the 5m charms, taken away from them and given back 5kk exp a day, this change is more to ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ people off than anything else.

@Cyan That reward doesn't come anywhere near what we earned in the past. Why are we regressing in our ability to farm? If you're trying to make us live in this game, I want to know now.

3 hours ago, Arohk said:

really,

this is all you need for 1k AP

WYQExJd.jpg

First off, often enough people insist on you having 1k to do DT, EC, NF, and NS. Next they're going to nerf the rewards from those in the next patch, which means even less people doing them when they're not in the DC. That all extends how long it takes to get those accessories, especially if you don't have other chars to farm the tokens, but even then you need the 10x clear achievement before you can purchase those, if you don't get them as a drop. With them shifting the dungeons they want us to do forward again, I wouldn't be surprised if there's no dungeons below DT in the DC anymore after the update, which further complicates things for new players/characters.

Then there's the gems, it'll be some time before someone can get a set like that, especially if you don't have a bunch of alts to farm events with. Also especially for a new player, it'll be some time before they can farm the materials for a high stage Baleful, which is only going to be more of an issue with the forward shift in the dungeons we're suppose to be doing. You're making it sound like anyone can just snap their fingers after they finish the story content, and have 1k AP, but that's simply not the case, especially for new players.

58 minutes ago, Cyan said:

Here's a pic of the new Weekly Challenge Reward: 

DcYphA5X4AA_UaN.jpg

That's nice and all, but it's still a weekly reward, rather than a daily, and not everyone can do the weekly challenge. A big issue in this game going back to almost launch here is that you want us doing certain dungeons, but especially given the demands of much of the community, there's a gap between what you have when you finish the story content, and what people insist you have to do the dungeons you want us to do, and few doing the dungeons below that, especially when you reduce their rewards, as you have been doing.

Naryu Sanctum sounds like the lowest dungeon you're looking for us to do given what the upcoming event info shows, the min people usually want for that is 1k AP, then for the dungeons after that, the min tends to be 1.1k AP. Although a new player that just finished the story content will be sitting around 900 AP. The daily challenge, at least right now is finally accessible for new chars/players, but after the patch I'm worried that won't be the case again, also those marketable material rewards, which are required for some important crafts, got shifted to the weekly challenge, where people tend to want about 1k AP for those raid dungeons. I'm not saying hand the stuff to us, but we really could use content a new player/character can do on their own, without a party to get the stuff they need, like maybe solo versions of existing group dungeons.

I've seen lots of new players (like literally new not knowing DT EC NF mech at all)

I'm trying to carry them as hard as I can by doing LFP button mode.

They really need upgrades and they have trouble doing weekly. Not to mention fail Skyspire run.

Unless there are a generous whales or elites that can help them up.

I can imagine how hard it is (for new players) by playing my alt to upgrade like when no help financially from my main class.

Daily challenges already sometimes hard for them to finish.... and they must finish weekly to get good game progression ....

Hi there,

I actually think, that it isn't rly hard to do weekly, farm mats or get 1K AP. I started in december and have 1037AP now even without playing daily, spending money or having any alts.

After finishing story you have most of the things you need and you should stop complaining about getting less mats when the upgrades are cheaper than before. I did my first weekly when I had 923 AP and noone had a problem with that.

There will always be ppl that requires stupidly high AP for even easy dungeons but that doesn't mean you can't get another group.

They should add completion bonus boxes, etc., similar to those at the high end of the list, to these lower dungeons.  That will help the lesser-geared players get goodies to gear up while steering better geared players to the higher dungeons.  An even more robust system would take into account current gear and/or HM level.  For example 200 AP or more than the recommended AP in the Play Infographic removes the completion bonus, or for example running Yeti at HM 6 or higher removes the completion bonus.

2 hours ago, Izayowa said:

Hi there,

I actually think, that it isn't rly hard to do weekly, farm mats or get 1K AP. I started in december and have 1037AP now even without playing daily, spending money or having any alts.

After finishing story you have most of the things you need and you should stop complaining about getting less mats when the upgrades are cheaper than before. I did my first weekly when I had 923 AP and noone had a problem with that.

There will always be ppl that requires stupidly high AP for even easy dungeons but that doesn't mean you can't get another group.

Yes, It's not hard at all, but don't bother, people here spend more time complaining in forums then playing the game it self, They want everything with 0 effort put. after 2 years of reading these forums I palmfaced all the way. I also noticed how people use "New Players" for their own benefits, it's funny. someone started using "New Players" now everyone started to care so much about "New Players" and how hard it is for them. even though The New Players who join achieve way more then the people who keep using "New Players". 

People see others recruit 1k / 1.1k / 1.2k in Dungeons / Raids and they instantly think that you can't do those dungeons without having these APs,  Which is Wrong, The only reason they can't do  is because they don't even bother making their own party's / Raids with their own requirements. High Gear players Recruit High APs because they want to do it fast. skip most mechanic and kill as fast as possible to increase efficiency of farm. faster kill more dungeons per hour. it's not because having low lvl gear they won't be able to do the dungeon, having lower gear decreases efficiency of farm. and for Pleb raids especially on events. high gears tend to run with high gears so they can finish, that character as fast as possible and go do on alts. high gears tend to have a lot of alts. and most of them try to do all alts in one day. so rest days can be for raids / Relax play.

So For those who complain, make your own Groups for Raids. 900+ AP is Enough to do pleb raids. Hek even 800+ AP is enough when your making your own group..., Stop looking at what other people are making what kind of requirements they ask. and do your own for your own gear. and don't even start that no one joins and bla bla.  Since these Raid releases was able to do with 800-900+ AP and had no problem completing all Alts in same day. by making / joining other people in faction chat. and if you still find problems joining / making and complain that this game too hard for you, then the problem is not in the game. the problem is in you.

NCsoft nerfed so much already. that it's not even achievement to have a high level upgrade or an item. before it used to be hard to upgrade and so much materials you needed that each upgrade was an achievement. and now... Upgrading and achieving is so easy then ever before.  but no matter what they do. people still complaining it's pathetic. EU/NA  is the least Grindy Region out of all... there are...

15 hours ago, Cyan said:

Here's a pic of the new Weekly Challenge Reward: 

DcYphA5X4AA_UaN.jpg

Not to mention this box, even if it's weekly going to balance materials on market so much on Moonstones / Sacred Orbs / Elysian Orbs and SoulStones then what the price are right now. it will make even easier to upgrade then as of today. and PTS prices will go down too. Transformation Stones will go down too. So this box is really a big game changer.

Nah I'm just trying to help the new players. I kept getting failed run NF DT NS EC. They are grateful when I arrived helped them finish their DC (mostly they are hm9-hm11).

I myself got enough materials to get aransu 3-6 and already got top soul, scoria, dragon forge wpn, etc. Since I played 2 years.

Here's the estimated cost of materials to reach

Seraph 1 to riftwalk 3 : 192 moonstones, 115 elysian xtals, 450 sacred xtals

Riftwalk 3 to Riftwalk 9 : 465 moonstones, 1155 sacred xtals, 285 elysian xtals

255 Legendary Elements till Riftwalk 9 (Premium Transformation Stones, Empyrian Spirit Stones not yet included)

Mats for Accesories not yet counted

Yes I agree let's hope the new weekly box can be the game changer... (Hope)

Oh another thing I notice on NC's sheet Riftwalk 3 to Riftwalk 7 will cost extra 1 more Premium Transformation Stone each upgrade (2 PTS per upgrade)

I could be wrong.

Archived