Please tell me that FM is getting something in the next patch besides ultimate skill

iokunn

One on one - top FM #32

Toi - top FM #64

I mean cmon, doesn't that say something?  You can call individuals "bad" all you want, but those numbers don't lie.  FM's excel at 6v6 but usually only when their team is alive.  The way points are tallied in 6v6 does not mean FMs are balanced, it just rewards high damage and doesn't individually punish death.  If it did, FMs would be on the bottom there too.

FMs don't need more dps, they need more survivability.  Summoners its just the opposite.  Fix that, nerf gunner, and the game goes a LONG way towards balance.

11 minutes ago, Tufa said:

One on one - top FM #32

Toi - top FM #64

I mean cmon, doesn't that say something?  You can call individuals "bad" all you want, but those numbers don't lie.  FM's excel at 6v6 but usually only when their team is alive.  The way points are tallied in 6v6 does not mean FMs are balanced, it just rewards high damage and doesn't individually punish death.  If it did, FMs would be on the bottom there too.

FMs don't need more dps, they need more survivability.  Summoners its just the opposite.  Fix that, nerf gunner, and the game goes a LONG way towards balance.

yeah, iam so aggre with this... we really need defense skill, we need our moving veil back =.=

On 18/11/2017 at 2:59 PM, Alkaa said:

The real problem here is that 80% of the classes here are 1 click button class.... like SPIN CANCER / BLOCK CANCER and just stupid BURST CANCER .

As a FM you have to do combos at the right time ... JUST AT THE RIGHT TIME.... and ofc if you get blocked .. or stunned .. the full combo goes to crap.

but . ofc. SPIN And BLOCK .. dose not give a damn... that's the problem.. that's the MAIN problem.... and hide is just stupid op hide.. like the rest.

FM was strong.. back when ICE was strong... back when you could freez the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ in SPIN CANCER and BLOCK CANCER.... when you could HOLD THEM.. now....  FM is crap... or when VEIL COULD AT LEAST ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ING FALLOW YOU !!!!... now it's a stand still crap.

And you can't really say a pro player that only dose pvp .. can come close to 80% of the FM community that ONLY PVE .. and wants to PVP at time .. against .. cancer... ofc you get mad.

FM is just crap in PVP

i know that feel  

On 18/11/2017 at 9:35 AM, Suna said:

I dont know about pve, but in pvp FM is really good spot now because of that 24 second stun cd. Before stun was 36 sec, same than tab escape, it was possible trade tab escape for the stun, but now you can use second stun before opponent have escape back up that make it really strong. Fm have ability stall with their grab/aerial/frost burst/impact etc whole 24 second stun cooldown  before their stun is back up again.  Maybe you should check this video, Video explain why pve players have lot problems playing pvp with this class.  He also show how to 100 - 0 after opponent tab stun.

So annoying seeig these videos.. if these pros think fm is so op why didnt a single one of them pick them at worlds? Literally 1 team had an fm vs 100% of the teams warlock.. other classes that were played a lot were bd sin and des... other classes u barely saw.

But yes. Nothing to do with those classes being too easy ofc.. pros all just happen to play warlock sin des or bd thats all

Spin has always been able to deflect fm's stuffs from the beginning till now. I think if you give fm deflect penetration that'd make the class too op. I think right now, pvp wise, fm is pretty balanced... But I do miss the mobile veil. 

I don't think fm is weak in pvp, it is just strong in a different way. I doesn't kill you in 1 second burst combo, but it tortures you slowly and annoyingly till death. However, the longer you drag a fight, the more risk there's gonna be - which is why fm pvp is harder. That's it. IMO, fm pvp isn't weak, it's just hard to master.

And as for why there were so few fms in the tournament, I think it wasn't because fm was weak, but because other classes fit the tag meta better (with the heavy emphasis on warlock, which is both stronger in 1v1 and fit tag meta much more than fm).

The meta team is SIN, DES/BD, WL. From what I've watched, SIN was pretty much irreplaceable in the meta. At worlds, due to the red spin wall ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ of DES and the equal prowess in stalling, it faded out BD in a lot of teams, with GC busan blue's BD switching to DES in worlds was the crowning example. Last spot was for warlock, now warlock being super op (air combo, reset cd) is common knowledge, it's understandable the class took that last spot in the meta. So where did that leave fm? A tag team only has 3 members after all. All 3 slots have been optimally filled. Therefore, I think, the few number of fms in worlds wasn't because fm was weak, it was because the meta, which worked very well, has already been set and there was no spot left. 

Pve wise, a little boost would be nice, considering fm's main role has pretty much always been range dps and now it's outshined by miles by gunner. 

1 hour ago, Thicc Stoccpot said:

Spin has always been able to deflect fm's stuffs from the beginning till now. I think if you give fm deflect penetration that'd make the class too op. I think right now, pvp wise, fm is pretty balanced... But I do miss the mobile veil. 

I don't think fm is weak in pvp, it is just strong in a different way. I doesn't kill you in 1 second burst combo, but it tortures you slowly and annoyingly till death. However, the longer you drag a fight, the more risk there's gonna be - which is why fm pvp is harder. That's it. IMO, fm pvp isn't weak, it's just hard to master.

And as for why there were so few fms in the tournament, I think it wasn't because fm was weak, but because other classes fit the tag meta better (with the heavy emphasis on warlock, which is both stronger in 1v1 and fit tag meta much more than fm).

The meta team is SIN, DES/BD, WL. From what I've watched, SIN was pretty much irreplaceable in the meta. At worlds, due to the red spin wall ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ of DES and the equal prowess in stalling, it faded out BD in a lot of teams, with GC busan blue's BD switching to DES in worlds was the crowning example. Last spot was for warlock, now warlock being super op (air combo, reset cd) is common knowledge, it's understandable the class took that last spot in the meta. So where did that leave fm? A tag team only has 3 members after all. All 3 slots have been optimally filled. Therefore, I think, the few number of fms in worlds wasn't because fm was weak, it was because the meta, which worked very well, has already been set and there was no spot left. 

Pve wise, a little boost would be nice, considering fm's main role has pretty much always been range dps and now it's outshined by miles by gunner. 

Don't say FM is weak, but its obviously not in a good place atm if not a single person sees the use in it at worlds championship.
But sure, that aint cause FM is weak, but cause the other classes WL/SIN/DES/BD are just so bloody busted, my grandma could learn to pvp with those :)

26 minutes ago, SkFy said:

Don't say FM is weak, but its obviously not in a good place atm if not a single person sees the use in it at worlds championship.
But sure, that aint cause FM is weak, but cause the other classes WL/SIN/DES/BD are just so bloody busted, my grandma could learn to pvp with those :)

I don't understand how you can still say it's weak after seeing how Chloroform beat mr doot in the legion EU tournament. Don't get me wrong, Chloroform is a god, but if FM is so weak do you really think he would have made it that far, even beating the only diamond player from last season?
I've said it a lot before: FM is hard to master, but when you do master it, it's busted simply because of how well it survives. The ice orbits inflicting chill stacks every time the FM gets hit are way better than they seem, since they disable several CCs and approaches for melee classes on top of slowing movement speed (for instance, chill disables both of BDs stuns). As it is right now, it's really hard to CC and catch a FM simply because several of your CCs get disabled by hitting them, they have quite a number of iframes, they have the best block in the game (pretty much a frontal iframe) AND after all that they have two escapes.
What I think is happening is that a large number of FM players have not actually learned how to properly pvp and are getting cheesed in arena. It's the only way I can explain how some FMs in arena are a piece of cake to defeat while others seem to be impossible to kill. So no, FM is not weak, it's just harder to play in pvp but also really strong when you play it properly.

6 minutes ago, Chara Dreemurr said:

I don't understand how you can still say it's weak after seeing how Chloroform beat mr doot in the legion EU tournament. Don't get me wrong, Chloroform is a god, but if FM is so weak do you really think he would have made it that far, even beating the only diamond player from last season?
I've said it a lot before: FM is hard to master, but when you do master it, it's busted simply because of how well it survives. The ice orbits inflicting chill stacks every time the FM gets hit are way better than they seem, since they disable several CCs and approaches for melee classes on top of slowing movement speed (for instance, chill disables both of BDs stuns). As it is right now, it's really hard to CC and catch a FM simply because several of your CCs get disabled by hitting them, they have quite a number of iframes, they have the best block in the game (pretty much a frontal iframe) AND after all that they have two escapes.
What I think is happening is that a large number of FM players have not actually learned how to properly pvp and are getting cheesed in arena. It's the only way I can explain how some FMs in arena are a piece of cake to defeat while others seem to be impossible to kill. So no, FM is not weak, it's just harder to play in pvp but also really strong when you play it properly.

SkFy said:

Don't say FM is weak

You:
I don't understand how you can still say it's weak

Facepalm.
What I'm saying is, fm is fine... but other classes/team setups are just too broken compared to others which is why everyone at worlds plays it... the matches shouldn't always be sin/wl/des/bd, other classes should also be used... but they aren't....
They might aswell just call it world warlock championships atm.

Wonder why chloroform didn't go to championships, would have loved to see how far he would have gotten as fm there..

1 minute ago, SkFy said:

SkFy said:

Don't say FM is weak

You:
I don't understand how you can still say it's weak

Facepalm.

Thought you were being sarcastic in the second part of your post, but it seems that I was wrong. Welp, sorry for that.

2 minutes ago, SkFy said:

What I'm saying is, fm is fine... but other classes/team setups are just too broken compared to others which is why everyone at worlds plays it... the matches shouldn't always be sin/wl/des/bd, other classes should also be used... but they aren't....
They might aswell just call it world warlock championships atm.

Indeed, there is a big difference between team setups and some of them are broken. Even if that difference was reduced, however, pro players will always try to find the best composition for a team of 3 members, so I don't think that there will ever be a time when we'll get to see tag match teams with a lot different comps. Depending on the balance changes in the game, the best possible team composition may change, but there will always be one and pros will use it.

Warlock seems pretty hard to balance because if it gets nerfed in the wrong way (for example, reducing a lot of its aerial damage), it's going to become rather weak. One thing that will probably happen is that leech will no longer paralyze so there will no longer be an untababble aerial launch, since if the WL has a good enough ping that's just free damage. I hope nc soft will nerf it properly and not drive it into the ground tho.

FM is NOT weak by any means. It is still one of the top dps classes 

Just because FM isnt the TOP DPS ANYMORE doesn't mean its a weak class now..like wow you FM mains are so entitled

FM actually has the best defenses in the game imo, two diferent ice sheaths (frost armor puts u in ice for 10 SECOND.. TEN.. AND IS RESETTABLE.. holy crap)

FM can freeze and block approach a class just because they get hit...YES forcemaster PUNISHES people for getting the class inside a combo... HOLY HELL LOL

for those of you complaining about spin classes..i say just get good n grow a brain.

for destroyer atleast, all fm has to do is use phantom grip (which is not reactable because its so fast and has a 16m range, the oponent literally has to predict u using it to iframe it)

every phantom grip gives u a free stun combo that does what? 70% of a destroyers hp? if they tab it u guys have unlimited ways of defenses to stall for phantom grip to come back up, assuming u miss every frost tornado

9 hours ago, Phytolacca said:

FM is NOT weak by any means. It is still one of the top dps classes 

Just because FM isnt the TOP DPS ANYMORE doesn't mean its a weak class now..like wow you FM mains are so entitled

FM actually has the best defenses in the game imo, two diferent ice sheaths (frost armor puts u in ice for 10 SECOND.. TEN.. AND IS RESETTABLE.. holy crap)

FM can freeze and block approach a class just because they get hit...YES forcemaster PUNISHES people for getting the class inside a combo... HOLY HELL LOL

for those of you complaining about spin classes..i say just get good n grow a brain.

for destroyer atleast, all fm has to do is use phantom grip (which is not reactable because its so fast and has a 16m range, the oponent literally has to predict u using it to iframe it)

every phantom grip gives u a free stun combo that does what? 70% of a destroyers hp? if they tab it u guys have unlimited ways of defenses to stall for phantom grip to come back up, assuming u miss every frost tornado

then why iam still getting 100-0 by assasin & BM.. do i have to play as good as pro tournament & 30-50 ping to even pvp? T_T

RIP ME

FM should either be left alone as it is or get buffed. There is no need to nerf it as any more nerfs and the class would be completely garbage in pvp and battlegrounds. If there are classes that need damage reduction it will be sin, gunners and wl. And FM is not weak it is just hard to master and that in itself should tell the devs that it is the only balanced class and the other classes should follow suit. End of.

Here's The thing with fm pvp; its very different than pve. It's almost an entirely different class. The reason why you don't see many good fms in pvp is because when Fms try to pvp they end up spamming their skills as if they were in a pve environment, they get discouraged by the amount of times they get deflected and blocked and then just give up, only a few bother to learn the mechanics of FM pvp. Its not a bad class by any means, hell, JHY (the best fm atm) barely lost any 1v1 matches, he even won vs the best WL one on one. So that is proof once you mastered the class, it becomes very difficult for you to lose.  

I remember my first ever matchup vs a destroyer a year ago, and boy was that frustrating as hell. I lost 10 times in a row and he wasn't even trying. But when i learned some basic things like chill stopping approach skills, and that i have to wait 0.5 seconds before attacking after a spin, and that i can abuse my grab against them, destroyer became my easiest matchup by far.

As for PVE, well, our damage in parties is good as it is, but our solo damage is bottom tier without a doubt. Thats where we need a buff.

As for PVE, well, our damage in parties is good as it is, but our solo damage is bottom tier without a doubt. Thats where we need a buff.

Edited 4 hours ago by sephy Kun

Was wondering what you do mean with FM solo damage is it bad for doing stuff like Mushin Tower, ToI or run CB solo ?

i look at all the class level 55 Skill and i can tell you... Summoner FTW like always. cat knock down, stun, knockdown, stun, mist that render all range useless, heals, invisible, so many escape skills and when some of your escape skill is in cooldown your other escape skill is already done cooling down, infinite focus so you can spam Bee like no tomorrow. Just wait until they can spam the lvl55 Bee skill with the infinite focus trigger.  You need a full focus to use that skill, but wait and see until you trigger infinite focus and see how mush damage that thing can do. I wonder how OP that will be. I think that lvl55 Bee skill is instant cooldown and instant trigger you just need a full focus to use it.

Archived