[Suggestion] 4/12 patch Legendary Weapon Compensation Please!

HP

The April 12th patch is bringing a lot of new content, but the most controversial change is the upgrade material revamp for legendary weapons.

From the perspective of new players, this gives them a much easier time getting into endgame content. This also shifts the overall gear quality of casual players up, making endgame dungeons more accessible, especially in instance server.

However, this change also discourages people from trying to progress their gear as fast as possible, as nerfs to costs seems increasingly consistent after new content. Moreover, this change is arriving right after winter trove, during which many players decided to try to progress their weapon as much as possible due to the reduced prices.

So although overall positive, this patch will bring much grief and backlash. Many players would regret upgrading  to mid stage legendary only a week or two before patch, and

looking at the cost differential, I have to sympathize with them. I expect that bns support will be flooded with tickets to have weapons rolled back.

(These calculations were done with SPTS at 190g,  STS at 4g,  and Ornaments at 7g)

Stage         /Silverfrost Premium Transformation Stone / Honorary Ornament / Silverfrost Transformation Stone / Gold / Total / Sum /

Stage 1:                             -1                                                                =                                                 -12                             -20     -258     -258

Stage 2:                             -1                                                                +5                                               +1                               -3      -154     -412

Stage 3:                             -1                                                                +5                                               +1                               -3      -154     -566

Stage 4:                             -1                                                                -7                                                +1                               =       -235     -801

Stage 5:                             -1                                                                -7                                                +1                               =       -235     -1036

Stage 6:                             -1                                                                -7                                                +5                               =       -219     -1255

Stage 7:                             -1                                                                -15                                              +5                               =       -275     -1630

Stage 8:                             =                                                                 -15                                               =                                =        -105    -1730

Stage 9:                            =                                                                  -15                                               =                                 =       -105    -1835

Stage 10:                          =                                                                 -5                                                  =                                 =        -35     -1870

I would like to propose the idea of giving players BOUND sacred oils proportional to their weapon stage at the patch update. (Stage 1 would get 1, Stage 2 would get 2, etc)

This gives back to the players approximately the amount of extra gold they spent to upgrade their weapon, assuming prices of items during Winter Trove.

Coincidentally, players who have just upgraded to stage 4-6 sacred would also be at the stage of the game where they look to upgrade their soul.

Pros:

More of the player base having stage 5 soul aligns with the direction of trying to give more players access to endgame content.

A compensation event would prevent people from trying to roll back their weapons and also increase overall satisfaction.

Cons:

Although bound, an influx of sacred oils will affect market prices. 

Gear disparity between new players and veterans would still exist ,but instead shift from weapon stage and ap to soul stage

[Edit: In reply to responses]

I saw some interesting responses, and I would like to address a few here.

Minimizing gear disparity:

The game already has safeguards to gear disparity built in. It becomes exponentially harder to progress as you get later and later into the game. The people benefiting the most

from this would be players who are pre stage 7.

The compensation will give a significant boost to people who has stage 4 - 6 weapons, assuming that they only have a stage 1 soul, as it would allow them to upgrade to stage 6 soul easily.

Players who have stage 7+ weapon likely already have a stage 6+ soul, so 7+ oils will only upgrade their soul by one or two stages.

Also, the upgrade cost revamp is not really aimed at closing gear disparity; players who spent time and/or money on this game will always progress faster and be more geared.

The change is designed to speed up progression for everyone, especially new and mid game players. Negating the time and effort veterans players previously spent does

none of those things and is ultimately a negative side-effect of these changes.

Revamp -> Post -> No Compensation ->Repeat?:

Compensations for cost reduction is ambiguous and tricky. An over-compensation will further gear disparity unnecessarily, while under or no compensation will leave many players feeling cheated out of time, effort, and sometimes money. So it really comes down to how and how much players should be compensated.

Many mmos choose to play it safe and not compensate. Some just do not care about the community backlash.

But Blade and Soul has compensated its community before. During the True Scorpio revamp, we did receive a compensation, and it fell into the zone of enough, but not game changing for better or for worse. This shows that the developers definitely do consider compensation and it is only a matter of finding the correct way to implement it.  
This post only suggests an answer to that question, and whether it is good or not will need further consideration, and a lot of math. 

Will players actually lose something with the revamp?:

Yes

Everything in this game is ultimately measured in time spent. Whether you grind gold/mats, or spend money on events like trove, they all expend time and your progression in the game should reflect that. 

When a revamp like this happens, new players will have to spend less time to progress to a certain stage than what a  veteran had to spent to progress to the same stage in the past. This is a depreciation in the value of the time spent by the veteran player.

So the veteran player does lose something in the sense that the value of their time investment will decrease, the same way as a depreciating stock.

Ulterior motives?:

Always!

The reason I proposed oils is because it would affect ap the least while giving a significant boost to dps for BT raid (assuming players get stage 6 souls). Giving back weapon materials would simply flood the market as stage 7+ players will end up with more mats than they need. Also, stage 4 to 6 players would be able to upgrade to 8+ instantly, creating more ap disparity.

My ulterior motive is to get players to upgrade their soul. Many players simply do not think about upgrading their soul. This applies especially to mid game players who are at stage 4-6. They simply go after weapon upgrades because they want ap to hit 700 or 750 and get into bt/foundry. When I got my stage 6 soul, I realized that it was a huge increase in burst damage and the extra critical damage stat is important in enabling the use of elemental gear while maintaining 250% crit dmg. It is a crucial gear that players need access to in order to do endgame content, and many players do not realize this and view upgrading the soul as a whale luxury.

In case anyone has not seen the upgrade changes coming in two weeks: 

f958e1447fb215a00156840a4d4ccaf1.png

[Moderation: Title modified in accordance with the Code of Conduct]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree!. I think that is back stub from NCsoft to players who pay in this event just to find out in one week that they waist money. And I'am talking about those players who play the longest and are loyal to game and ncsoft. This just show how the company manipulate information for their advantage, and we all know that they have all information about updates way in advance.

Nah go way, no compensation, those changes has been done so new players can catch up, that will make no sense to reduce prices and on the other side give compensation to not let new players close the gap, and what the problem trove event really helped everyone to upgrade cheaper...

Time to catch whales wohoo *giggle*

9 minutes ago, Lirgeki said:

I think you will sing different way if you put money in trove event :D?

I did that and I am saying NO to the suggestion of compensation. All the people who rushed the content and geared up have been able to join BT multiple times and possibly cleared it already multiple times so there is no reason nor any point to compensate for those who have been able to do all the content. They lower the costs so that those who are stuck in 500-600 can advance to further and get closer to joining BT and Naryu Sanctum not to mention how many more dungeons and raids we still have yet to come. If people are bothered by lowered costs that help those who don't have much time or cannot upgrade as fast as others then simply stop upgrading and wait for the new updates and cheaper costs as they will always come.

6 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I did that and I am saying NO to the suggestion of compensation. All the people who rushed the content and geared up have been able to join BT multiple times and possibly cleared it already multiple times so there is no reason nor any point to compensate for those who have been able to do all the content. They lower the costs so that those who are stuck in 500-600 can advance to further and get closer to joining BT and Naryu Sanctum not to mention how many more dungeons and raids we still have yet to come. If people are bothered by lowered costs that help those who don't have much time or cannot upgrade as fast as others then simply stop upgrading and wait for the new updates and cheaper costs as they will always come.

U say like BT is easy? You have to have gg clan gg eq gg s***, and from what you write, didn't looks like you did put enough money in this. problem is TIME* don't sell apples that are £10 and tm are for £1 cause you will have 100% = ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off person

SO, why don't you just sit there and wait for years til they give all these things for free... so u won't be "wasting" anything and will no need compensation at all.

And don't tell me i didnt throw "money on trove", spent $400 at trove, wan't rewarding for me, couldn't made upgrades i wanted, i just hold on, now there is reduced cost for upgrades, this is my time, but guess what? I won't ask them to refund my money back cuz i wasted it troving to get cheap materials and now they reduced upgrade cost.

18 minutes ago, Lirgeki said:

U say like BT is easy? You have to have gg clan gg eq gg s***, and from what you write, didn't looks like you did put enough money in this. problem is TIME* don't sell apples that are £10 and tm are for £1 cause you will have 100% = ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ off person

Of course they can do that even in supermarkets and so on. They sell something full price and next day they might have sale that you get double with the same price. It's just the matter of when you buy and how hard you let it hit you. I am not saying BT isn't hard, instead I am saying those who geared up with trove are able to do it and are getting their legendary accessories there while those who fell behind cannot. The upgrades will be cheaper and you think it will be easy at all again for those who reaches stage 7? No, it is not how it goes. Community will rise the requirements again so high that it doesn't really matter do the people have stage 7 or below. How will you compensate for community who discriminates newbies?

16 minutes ago, diabloI said:

It seems no one noticed that we need more "Legendary Element" to craft legendary weapon. It's like 20 g each element, which means the cost to craft weapon doesn't reduce at all!

for what did you need more legendary elements? pls tell me the exact upgrade stage.

21 minutes ago, diabloI said:

It seems no one noticed that we need more "Legendary Element" to craft legendary weapon. It's like 20 g each element, which means the cost to craft weapon doesn't reduce at all!

Im pretty sure the amount of legendary elements remains the same

For me main problem is information and time. I will not drama about it if the event and update have bigger space between them but come on one week after event ends Boom! update#cost reduction. I'am not fortune-teller and will be appreciate to get information in advance as we all know they have those wayyyyy in advance.

I spent money on the trove. Granted not as much as most (enough to open 50). 

I want to understand how badly these reductions have actually affected those people.

For me personally it's not that bad since most spins I got legendary elements, the value of which remains unchanged. And a gem again value remains unchanged. Perhaps a few honorary ornaments which I sold. And other items which were of low value.

The only real loss that I can think of via trove is if people got lucky enough to get premium transformation stone and used it to upgrade their legendaries.

I should have waited to jump directly to Stage 4 like my guild told me. I know we didn't know the update was coming on 12th until mid March, but I started playing in February, so I probably just like 50% of my gold because of this reduction. I should have lived without that 8 AP. :(

Good change though.

I farmed gold and got mats ready for my seraph, took me 2-3 weeks while trove then when they announced it was either some hours after upgraded my wep to seraph or like the day after I upgraded idk xD

my clan leader told me to write a ticket to support to reroll my wep but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only 1 who filed a ticket regarding this... -.-

and reading this thread I was just saying somethin similar to my clan leader lol would b a lot easier if at the update date either we'll get compensated for the mats and gold that we spent, talking bout players who upgraded their weapons to legendary round the same date as they announce for the reduction onwards till patch day or to set a certain date maybe like those who wasted all their money this month even to compensate us for this and like the initial post says compensate us for each stage of our legendary wep.

quite similar to how it was for pre~ivorymoon patch (althou imho we got WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many hammers from that patch, at least I did coz got a full compensation for 2 or even 3 true scorpion weapons lol :D )

we should really get compensated for this since legendary gold + mats it requires is a BIG DEAL and the mats and gold it requires now is pretty much a HUGE diff from how it was before so it should really b considered and thought carefully on how to compensate us, the gold I've spent just to get my hands on premium silverfrost trans. stone is just outrageous -.- +all the silverfrost trans. stones that needed ALONG the prem stone... and the 100g ... 300 stingers... it's A LOT >.< !

not to mention got only 3 slots on my wep now (after the upgrade...) that's -8ap from my gems that had on my old wep... so instead of upgrading forward with my ap I'm on same ap just to look with a better looking wep xD

please compensate us ncsoft >.< ! either compensate us or reroll my wep and give me back all my mats and gold so I could at least enjoy the change and not b as bitter and frustrated and even pissed off, feel like I was scammed by company that suppose make this game somewhat more enjoyable and fun to play -_-

22 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

This is why people need to pay attention to the other regions, I play TW as well and saw this coming a mile away. 

Problem is that we are the region which got this redicilus redution for stage 2 to 12 right now ;) no other region (maybe kr) got that amount of reduction.

50 minutes ago, PKaBoo said:

I farmed gold and got mats ready for my seraph, took me 2-3 weeks while trove then when they announced it was either some hours after upgraded my wep to seraph or like the day after I upgraded idk xD

my clan leader told me to write a ticket to support to reroll my wep but I'm pretty sure I'm not the only 1 who filed a ticket regarding this... -.-

and reading this thread I was just saying somethin similar to my clan leader lol would b a lot easier if at the update date either we'll get compensated for the mats and gold that we spent, talking bout players who upgraded their weapons to legendary round the same date as they announce for the reduction onwards till patch day or to set a certain date maybe like those who wasted all their money this month even to compensate us for this and like the initial post says compensate us for each stage of our legendary wep.

quite similar to how it was for pre~ivorymoon patch (althou imho we got WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too many hammers from that patch, at least I did coz got a full compensation for 2 or even 3 true scorpion weapons lol :D )

we should really get compensated for this since legendary gold + mats it requires is a BIG DEAL and the mats and gold it requires now is pretty much a HUGE diff from how it was before so it should really b considered and thought carefully on how to compensate us, the gold I've spent just to get my hands on premium silverfrost trans. stone is just outrageous -.- +all the silverfrost trans. stones that needed ALONG the prem stone... and the 100g ... 300 stingers... it's A LOT >.< !

not to mention got only 3 slots on my wep now (after the upgrade...) that's -8ap from my gems that had on my old wep... so instead of upgrading forward with my ap I'm on same ap just to look with a better looking wep xD

please compensate us ncsoft >.< ! either compensate us or reroll my wep and give me back all my mats and gold so I could at least enjoy the change and not b as bitter and frustrated and even pissed off, feel like I was scammed by company that suppose make this game somewhat more enjoyable and fun to play -_-

Dude I don't wanna hear any crying here, I brought like 5 premium stone around the time you needed 3 just for stage 1 '1 each for stage 2 and 3' so I could go straight to stage 3, at the time they cost like 300-350 if not more gold, you guys had it better 'during trove I saw it was like 200, one day it was at 180' so no complaining, what done is done time to move on.

Yeah, compensate us NCsoft! I spent 4 months with my Stage 6 Baleful weapon, got to enjoy it and get into high AP requirement parties. Got it to stage 9 for fairly cheap when trove was released and got to enjoy it even more while still being able to do every dungeon compared to most people! Now people will be able to get to the same stage as me but easier after almost 7 months has passed?!

How could you NCsoft, shame on you for trying to help the majority that were having issues with upgrading to Legendary in a timely fashion. I worked hard for my weapon 6 months ago so everyone else has to endure the same pain as me or else it isnt fair! Oh goodness, what am I going to do now?! I know, a compensation will make everything better! Provide me with materials that I obviously can't use because I'm already near max weapon for the Baleful path, that'll be great!

TLDR; if none of you could actually catch the blatant sarcasm, stop whining about a reduction. Take advantage of it whether you upgrade to Stage 1 recently or Stage 9. If you're already Raven or Stage 10, why are you mad? You're already at the max weapon for this current patch and are ahead of the majority.

33 minutes ago, MonkeyDRuffy said:

Are there any other cost reduction stuff, that we should know? Thx in advance.

Not that i'm aware of we're pretty much on par with everyone else. Though we don't have dragon or dragon god weapons. But that can change in the new few months. 

31 minutes ago, RainbowDashie said:

Problem is that we are the region which got this redicilus redution for stage 2 to 12 right now ;) no other region (maybe kr) got that amount of reduction.

That i will admit surprised me.. we have a major reduction, that is the reason i'm sitting at stage 2 on TW cause i need a premium stone but at almost 700G i can't afford it. 

when i read the op post..suddenly i  found something weird on it...*sacred oils* why sacred oils? if u ask compensation like weapon upgrade mats still look like relevant but sacred oils? if im not mistaken sacred oils is not weapon upgrade mats...seems like u got another motive here buddy...but w/e maybe just my imagination tho... ^_^

Archived