[Suggestion] 4/12 patch Legendary Weapon Compensation Please!

HP

What is wrong about asking compensations ? Try to make us look like a bunch of egoist players. Does it affect you in anyway if we could get back some of the huge amount of mats and gold we spent ? Aren t you happy when a big ap has to carry you coz you are too greedy to upgrade your gear ? We are not whinning nor begging for a compensation. Asking is a legitimate right to any customer. If approved then it will be much appreciated if not then we move on. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Shintensen said:

What is wrong about asking compensations ? Try to make us look like a bunch of egoist players. Does it affect you in anyway if we could get back some of the huge amount of mats and gold we spent ? Aren t you happy when a big ap has to carry you coz you are too greedy to upgrade your gear ? We are not whinning nor begging for a compensation. Asking is a legitimate right to any customer. If approved then it will be much appreciated if not then we move on. 

Sure, you have a right to ask for a compensation but only if it falls under a loss that has occurred or are suffering.

Did you lose anything upon upgrading earlier than others? No.

Are you suffering of any kind due to the material reduction? No.

You and the OP however are showing a lot of greed. You want a compensation of Sacred Oils, which makes no sense at all since they are not required for upgrading weapons, so that it'll be fair? How much sense does that even make? And giving them based on what stage someone has gotten to, do you even know how easily abused that could be?

No one minds if someone asks for a compensation but let it be for a legitimate reason at least. People crying over missing out on a cheaper upgrade when their upgrade was already cheap if they were a Trove player.

Hmm... you don't see me asking for one, I had to pay more than some of you guys 'who got free premium stone, or some at 200g, compare to 350+ for 5 of them', add to that I didn't get anything from trove but to be fair I didn't open any slots up so there that lol. 

33 minutes ago, Shintensen said:

@Zuzu

Yeah, apparently people like you will get hurt to see veterans get compensation. Kind of human who is getting sad if others are happy. 

I'm a veteran player so your comment doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyways, it seems like you didn't understand my post so I'll explain it in as little words as possible.

54 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

No one minds if someone asks for a compensation but let it be for a legitimate reason at least.

I was too lazy to retype this so I quoted it.

58 minutes ago, Zuzu said:

You and the OP however are showing a lot of greed. You want a compensation of Sacred Oils, which makes no sense at all since they are not required for upgrading weapons, so that it'll be fair? How much sense does that even make? And giving them based on what stage someone has gotten to, do you even know how easily abused that could be?

Where did you see me mentioning Sacred Oils ? yeah i won't get hurt with no compensation but like i said you will if players with advanced level stage weapon get a bit mats/gold back. 

30 minutes ago, Shintensen said:

Where did you see me mentioning Sacred Oils ? yeah i won't get hurt with no compensation but like i said you will if players with advanced level stage weapon get a bit mats/gold back. 

You're in agreeance with the OP of wanting a compensation so I assumed you were going for the same thing he agreed with himself upon. I apologize if you weren't.

I won't be hurt due to a compensation but my point is why have a compensation when nothing was lost in the process? Sorry let me rephrase that, nothing of necessity was lost in the process since you want more gold/mats back after you've already reaped your rewards.

yay I got an answer from ncsoft bout my wep they gonna reroll it back to ivorymoon stage10 and giving back all mats and gold was used to get the wep so there IS hope for those that made same mistake I did and weren't aware to the future change ! :D

instead of QQ and beg for a compensation you might consider writing a ticket to support instead, seems quicker and better results, just saying! ^_^

and I wouldn't ask for compensation of sorts or QQ bout it if knew bout it in advance lol I didn't ask for compensation back when they gave us some goodies when they changed the gear mats and names to "ivorymoon" from true scorpio lol

here it's just mat reduction rather than a total change to the system or renaming it o.O

asking support for a reroll seems b the best solution :)

2 hours ago, PKaBoo said:

yay I got an answer from ncsoft bout my wep they gonna reroll it back to ivorymoon stage10 and giving back all mats and gold was used to get the wep so there IS hope for those that made same mistake I did and weren't aware to the future change ! :D

instead of QQ and beg for a compensation you might consider writing a ticket to support instead, seems quicker and better results, just saying! ^_^

and I wouldn't ask for compensation of sorts or QQ bout it if knew bout it in advance lol I didn't ask for compensation back when they gave us some goodies when they changed the gear mats and names to "ivorymoon" from true scorpio lol

here it's just mat reduction rather than a total change to the system or renaming it o.O

asking support for a reroll seems b the best solution :)

There is no such thing as roll back, if they still didnt put official announcement about it. You are not a VVIP player, so it's impossible for them to treat you more special than us. Because later everyone with legendary weapon wants the same thing, to be rolled back to ivorymoon stage 1 (the first upgradeable weapon you get from main story quest) including all the materials and gold they had spent. You think it's possible? The answer is "NO", you just made this statement without showing us any proof to create a false rumour. So before there is an official announcement about it, you could only day dreaming till something woke you up in the middle of the night and you saw a spooky thing outside your window calling your name and said "peekaboo".

12 minutes ago, Divine Retribution said:

There is no such thing as roll back, if they still didnt put official announcement about it. You are not a VVIP player, so it's impossible for them to treat you more special than us. Because later everyone with legendary weapon wants the same thing, to be rolled back to ivorymoon stage 1 (the first upgradeable weapon you get from main story quest) including all the materials and gold they had spent. You think it's possible? The answer is "NO", you just made this statement without showing us any proof to create a false rumour. So before there is an official statement about it, you can only day dreaming till somebody wake you up in the middle of the night and you see a spooky thing outside your window calling your name and says "peekaboo".

he is not lying, they indeed roll back your weapon, but i think it has a limited time/times, like maybe 3-5 days and only 1 time, they did it for me time ago to try to get 6 slots, from stage 7 to stage 3, i guess if i ask a roll back from 10 to 7 again they will say no, but i wont lose anything asking for that, but you can also try it, they do for some ppl.

I COULD copy~paste the answer got to my ticket... but I'm not gonna do that :c

if you'd write a ticket bout it maybe you'd get treated the same, also ~ if you write in a civil way and not rant and swear like some players do when they're pissed off bout somethin - it also helps get your request answered quicker :)

it's not bout "VIP" treatment it's just how you request stuff with little to no expectations at all since they don't really have to do that for you.

they gonna give the mats back and get your weapon back to true ivorymoon if you only got your weapon to first stage (idk if I'd get the privilege to "reroll" my wep back to true ivorymoon if I was on stage 2 or higher to my legend weapon).

7 minutes ago, LilithWalker said:

he is not lying, they indeed roll back your weapon, but i think it has a limited time/times, like maybe 3-5 days and only 1 time, they did it for me time ago to try to get 6 slots, from stage 7 to stage 3, i guess if i ask a roll back from 10 to 7 again they will say no, but i wont lose anything asking for that, but you can also try it, they do for some ppl.

People nowadays can say anything as they like, but we need a proof like your chat with them or screen shot before and after. Because i also want my raven stage 6 to be rolled back to ivorymoon stage 1 too. Imagine if I got all the materials and gold i spent for it. O_O

People nowadays can say anything as they like, but we need a proof like your chat with them or screen shot before and after. Because i also want my raven stage 6 to be rolled back to ivorymoon stage 1 too. Imagine if I got all the materials and gold i spent for it. O_O

is not that exagerated, i upgraded my weapon from true scorpio to stage 7, only got 3 slots, so i asked them if i can get a rever, they told me they could only go back to stage 4, i accepted and they did, lucky but not enough got 5 slots, so maybe he was from stage 3 back to true ivorymoon, i dont think is something like stage 10 back to true ivorymoon.

Another great spittle into players face! They fuc* with many players specifically with newbie. On other side it is best for top geared farming people.

So if until now there was any difference Between low and high ap it was ok because now it will be much worst. They want players just make it more and more impossible for low players to reach Even 800ap.

Is it easy idea really. Just let 900+ap farming soulstone plains for 15g in 5min and fuc* with others. Normal players must go dung or something like it and farm 2g for daily and 1silver per boss loot. RIP frozen stingers.
Best overall is PVE weapon need PVP items which you can farm only on ssp and PVP weapon need stingers only from dung....ooo do you see that brilliant idea how to expel low ap players and forbid new players?

So please stop lying about anything like purpose this patch to make weapon more available for low ap players. All normal person know you lying and try to banish existing low ap players.

This patch is made only for big ap players farm. they want give them more golds, because it is realy fun when 950ap kill 650 or 700ap player on one hit...Isn't?

Well but if you want reduce number of new players you can just lock creating account it will affect only new players and not event playing players.

Yeah....the update will be sweet and sour as hell. I paid a ton of gold and cash before the announcement on multiple legend weapon upgrades during trove... I feel very scammed. Figured since we just recently got Ivorymoon price reductions there wouldn't be anything else drastic coming around. Guess I'll have to start spoiling myself by researching what goes on in other regions more.

2 hours ago, Divine Retribution said:

There are ALOT of people around who got this done but there's the catch. The upgrades HAVE to be done within 7 days from the request and not like "hey I upgraded 6 months ago to legendary, I want to go back to True Ivorymoon".

I aggree and totally support this Idea. There should be some kind of compensation for the people who recently(!) upgraded with the trove event, lot's of money and thousands of gold got invested in gears and made now obsolet and worthless with upcoming patch. 

To be more specific: People who upgraded within the braket of legendary s1-s7, they got only 3 weeks to enjoy there commitment before everyone else can jump up or even surpass those for free. Does that sound fair in any way?

Thats not a fair move and as a customer I'm very disappointet. Next Time please do reduction BEFORE you start a trove event and everything would be fine. A reduction would have been welcome, but what we got now ... sorry. 

So please compensate for theloss of money and gold. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Dlacik said:

I find funny the fact, that most ppl asking compensation for price reduction are not those who upgraded it for full price but those, who did it after the upgrade costs have been already reduced.

Tell me about these scrubs had it somewhat good, yet they can't handle the burn especially when other had to pay more than them, I seriously going wtf about that other dude saying I made a mistake revolving about upgrading like really?, make it seem like you pressed the wrong button or something 'which they didn't' 

I have a lot of thoughts about this whole subject, so I guess it's time to finally write that wall of text...

I understand where you're coming from. The thing I liked about B&S was the ladder-like upgrade system, which meant your gear never got outdated with updates unlike other MMOs. Everyone had to go through the same exact path, so if you invested in it and went away for a while, you just fell behind a little but didn't really lose anything or have your work be redundant. Sure, mats would get cheaper overtime as less people need them, but that's natural and didn't affect things as much.

But now, with the upgrade tree change, material reductions, and artificial influencing of the economy through troves and such, they completely ruined it. From what they said on stream, seems like this is a pattern they intend to follow permanently as well, so they're just wasting the strong advantage this game had and made it like every other MMO where your old gear and work becomes essentially redundant after a new update is released. Personally I hate it. I understand it from their point of view and I know why it's necessary, but the problem is that this game's content moves at such a rapid pace, anyone who's not able to play fully hardcore can't even keep up before the slashes happen. Plus, as a result, the economy is always really unstable, which personally makes me feel really bad and insecure when I make investments into something or buy anything expensive.

This raises the question; why do I play at all? If I play and farm day after day to upgrade my stuff, and then everything gets 10x cheaper a few months later leaving me with no money and still behind the curve, what's the point? I'm wasting my time and effort. I could just keep my money, wait, and end up with the same thing or even better. One could argue that it's just a game and game money isn't as important, and that you're playing for the experience itself, and I wish that was true like it used to be, but if a game's currency is directly tied to the worth of real money due to the F2P model, and requires the same investment of time from the player, it does matter. You always lose time. Time you were using on entertainment to get positive emotions and experiences, only to end up with the opposite. It's bad player experience. I think players' time invested into an MMO should be treated with respect.

I really wonder if this strategy works for them, aside from creating short population spikes from returning players. It pisses off loyal converted customers and there's surely player loss from people realizing what I just explained, so I really wonder if luring in a few potential new customers is worth it. But I guess it must be, doubt they do anything without research. I hate outdating content in general and don't understand why we always need to nerf everything to oblivion and just keep like ~3 endgame dungeons challenging so people could "catch up" and feel like they're relevant or whatever. The whole point of an MMO is progression, a ladder to climb. Investing time and work to become superior to other players. Shrinking the content pool and introducing rapid catch-up mechanics works against that. People miss some great old content, not to mention it's just blatantly wasted work for the developer as well. But I know the fault here lies more on the players' side and their psychology, as people are really impatient these days and for some reason always need to be at the top of things (to then complain that they're bored and have nothing to do, ironically enough). Hence we also have the whole "hit level cap in 1 day, then cry about no endgame content" type cycle in every MMO nowadays. I miss the days when leveling was considered actual content as well.

Anyway, I was in the same boat when I returned. I had racked up around 2.5k gold during the 45 cap and early 50s, which was a massive amount of money back then. I finally made the plunge last summer to upgrade to Stage 1 Legendary, because that was one of my personal goals in the game. Mind you, a large part of why I did it was because Julianne told me they had no plans to alter legendary costs as "they're supposed to be hard". Moonstones had fallen from 5g to 3-4g and PSTS from 500g to 400g due to trove at the time, so I was afraid I'd miss out if I don't do it at that moment, knowing the hectic economy of this game (funny looking at that now, huh?). I spent all my money and upgraded. Unfortunately shortly after, due to irl reasons, I had to quit for over half a year. It's not like I didn't expect there to be some changes and things getting cheaper with that amount of time, but I never expected it to be to this extent. Now when I returned, after the weapon path change and all, you can imagine how I felt. I never got any use out of my weapon, it's not even that good nowadays and I still can't access some content with my AP, I so essentially just threw all that money and months of work into the wind. If I had kept it, I could've jumped WAY further now. To further throw salt in the wound, people who stayed at True Scorpion and whatnot even got materials back from dismantling it while I got nothing, lol. Again, just terrible player experience. 

It's incredibly demotivating, but yeah... nothing to do about it... I just sucked it up and started from 0 again, essentially. But even that was harder as my old farming methods were gone and I was behind with gear and guildless. 

I'm actually happy about the April 12th changes coming up, since they'll help me catch up a bit again and lessen the burn of this previous screw-up. Since I had no money and upgrading further from the point I was at was still really expensive, I felt like I had kinda hit a wall. It's great to feel like I can progress again and am not just wasting my time farming for pennies just to get 2 AP after a month or something. But I understand this change puts other people in the exact same situation that I was in, so I don't particularly think it's the right thing to do, no. Surely there must be better ways to help people catch up and motivate them to progress, than screwing over your veteran players and killing old content and wasting your own work. 

---

All that said, while I understand your point with the oils, I don't think I agree with it. If there were to be any compensation, which let's face it, there 100% won't be, I think it should be handled differently. Oils sound a little too motivated by personal gain, plus people who already have their souls upgraded would be in the same situation as everyone else if they'd just give some weapon mats back, so it doesn't make much of a difference. 

Like 855967_1452550250 said :

It breaks down to:

"Dont' invest money" your invested value will be inflationed superfast.

"Don't upgrade gear" you will get all nearly free/cheap with some patience.

"Don't buy/upgrade gems", soon event will give you some for free/cheap. 

Why even bother to play, just login to collect the recent goodies and logoff to play some other game. 

Seriously,  why should people continue playing? The mood is: Just wait for next reduction or event to get all the things people grinding for cheap and fast. In between it's not worth playing (grinding the same dungeons a hundred times), while continuous supresssing your will to progress 'cause it would be waste. Doesn't sound entertaining to me. 

This wouldn't be a problem, if the timeframe is about many month so people have time to enjoy their efforts/commitment, but this "trove>reduction-cycle" is just disrespectful to your community.

Is this the Blade & Soul you want us to play?

I still hope it's an April joke. If not > Compensation maybe?

Archived