[Suggestion] 4/12 patch Legendary Weapon Compensation Please!

HP

this actually benefits people with lots of alts, and if you are not one of them it means you are just unlucky. well, at least you got those nice heptas/raven feathers/legendary accs mats from trove which F2P players couldn't get anyway

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mounder said:

Seriously,  why should people continue playing? The mood is: Just wait for next reduction or event to get all the things people grinding for cheap and fast. In between it's not worth playing (grinding the same dungeons a hundred times), while continuous supresssing your will to progress 'cause it would be waste. Doesn't sound entertaining to me. 

It's not like everyone are playing the game for hours of mindless grind. And for casual player it was about time to get some motive to lvl up their gear. No-lifers and whales had their time with low tier legendary - now they are enjoing Raven while casual players and pvpers can finally go past true scorp weapon.

6 minutes ago, 855967_1452550250 said:

I play 2-3 under the week and a bit more on weekends. I have a Fulltime job, if you know what this is. And that's why I'm mad/disappointed, when my money gets flushed down the toilet. 

Then probably next time you will think harder on what to spend your money for. It was obvious that there will be some kind of cost reduction soon because of upcoming new content. If you just mindlessly throwing away your money and resources - then it is only natural that you will loose a lot.
Also playing 2-3 hours each day - is not casual and more like semi-hardcore. I am happy that bns does not limit itself only to that type of players. Because i have other hobbies, work and study. And so does a lot of other players.

11 minutes ago, SadFace said:

get a life

It's not like everyone are playing the game for hours of mindless grind. And for casual player it was about time to get some motive to lvl up their gear. No-lifers and whales had their time with low tier legendary - now they are enjoing Raven while casual players and pvpers can finally go past true scorp weapon.

I play 2-3 under the week and a bit more on weekends. I have a Fulltime job, if you know what this is. And that's why I'm mad/disappointed, when my money gets flushed down the toilet. 

12 minutes ago, SadFace said:

Then probably next time you will think harder on what to spend your money for. It was obvious that there will be some kind of cost reduction soon because of upcoming new content. If you just mindlessly throwing away your money and resources - then it is only natural that you will loose a lot.
Also playing 2-3 hours each day - is not casual and more like semi-hardcore. I am happy that bns does not limit itself only to that type of players. Because i have other hobbies, work and study. And so does a lot of other players.

I don't mindlessy buy into something. As if most of the playerbase knew that this reduction would be so early and so big ... I bed most of us didnt expect this. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against a reduction, but the timing is utterly bad. Making a trove after reduction wouldnt be such a fuss, but other wayaround smell. 

Last, Would you please stop assuming things about me, thank you. You don't know me and failed twice to put me in some kind of category. 

2-3 hours each day is considered hardcore? The game is certainly not for you my friend. What's interest me the most is why do you even bother to play a grind game if you want to get a life in the same time. I'd highly suggest you play other games such as candy crush if you don't want to spend more than 2 hours per day in a game. 

6 minutes ago, Cryon said:

2-3 hours each day is considered hardcore? The game is certainly not for you my friend. What's interest me the most is why do you even bother to play a grind game if you want to get a life in the same time. I'd highly suggest you play other games such as candy crush if you don't want to spend more than 2 hours per day in a game. 

so edgy... don't cut yourself ;) 

45 minutes ago, Cryon said:

SadFace said "semi-hardcore" and yes 2-3hours every single days is considered semi-hardcore but well people sitting grinding whole day no longer know what playing a game casualy / semi-hardcore mean... and even grind games should allow you to get a life, this is because people like you continually defend those kind of "grind games" providing content based on farming same dungeons hundred of times foolishly that devs don't bother trying to create original mmorpg with an original system.

Not to mention they even dare to recolors dungeons, bosses because...well... you don't care anyway, you like to spend 3+ hours grinding, dont you? *giggle*

Ps : Nobody chocked to see that the sexy light seraph weapon will evolve into a dark red Riftwalk weapon ? Let us move to let light seraph evolve into a logic light Dawnforged weapon, i will support :p

not only beating a dead horse, you guys should stop milking for compensation, it's not the first or the second thread thats being created after such an update, no one told you to upgrade and spend tons of money onto trove event, you're your own masters in this game.

as for the update, it was clear to come with a nerf of prices, ncsoft west trying to catch up with the korean one, in that case they want you to advance quickly and try and catch up with them, instead of supporting ncsoft you just bragging about "how can i milk more from this?".

why not just embrace the nerf, level your alts and let the people who's far far behind you gear up. (for the record im stage 10 baleful so dont come up with some kind of you just take advantage of that update to yourself)

Edit: I think you should get NO compensation at all and i'm talking about myself as well.

This is exactly why I rarely spend real money to progress in a game (Although I spend a lot on costumes alone).

During the trove period, when the currency exchange dropped I calculated how much cash I would have to spend in order to reach baleful stage 10, which if I remember correctly was about £400. At the time that may have been considered a bargain. But I am so glad I haven't whaled out on a game, and with these recent changes I never will. 

I feel bad for those people who have spent their hard earned money to progress in this game. I don't care for the reason why they did but I do think it is somewhat unfair. Those that have already reached baleful/seraph stage 10 wont get the chance to reap the benefits of this reduction. They will have players catching up to them at a faster rate, therefore lowering the overall value of the time and money they spent to get to that stage.

I'm not sure compensation is the best way to deal with it either. If items are given to all players that have been affected by this change, it's likely that the market prices will be affected thus lowering the value of the items themselves. Hence I can imagine there would be some unsatisfaction. There is the option to make items account bound but there's no practical way to know who needs what item. Therefore some players may be unsatisfied with the compensation item. However having said this I personally don't mind if those players are compensated. 

I've grown to like the idea of these changes. It means more people will be able to enjoy end game content. I can probably start focusing on upgrading my hongmoon energy, accessories, pets that I always seem to put at the bottom of my to do list and thus never get around to.

Lesson Learned for me as well...just leaves a bad taste in the mouth that's all...can't shake the feeling that we were all duped into accelerating with trove...then got the rug pulled out from under us....

Now the ones who didn't spend/trove...are in an advantageous position as oppose to those who did the upgrades during/right after trove....

Again lesson learned...

hard thing to understand for ncsoft, this is a scam whatever you want to see it, even the event "upgrade your weapon" is a scam, why make ppl work harder with event/use "real money" with trove, for us to get upgraded, but then they just hit us in the face with this, is a scam, is like a company who knows in 30 days the stuff will be at 80% of their value, they then say "50% discount, get it know" you know some companies, like best buy if an item drop in price around 30 or 15 days after you bought it, you can ask for a compensation for the value it dropped, not for promotions, in this case the value dropped and they are just ignoring us and telling us fk u.

@LilithWalker not a lot we can do at this point...as the poster above you said...they won't be compensating...Just remember to keep your wallets closed next time and just wait till the NA servers catch up to the latest Korean patch. ...I know I will...

The timing is just really bad on this price reduction announcement...around 10 days after trove event finished...the whole trove event just feels like a scam because of it...but then maybe it always was...I do applaud them for having great short term financial goals...Their long term planning leaves a lot to be desired though...

The only thing we can do as players is REMEMBER...and not get caught up on the next scam with all the shiny smoke and mirrors :D 

13 hours ago, PKaBoo said:

Mayay I got an answer from ncsoft bout my wep they gonna reroll it back to ivorymoon stage10 and giving back all mats and gold was used to get the wep so there IS hope for those that made same mistake I did and weren't aware to the future change ! :D

instead of QQ and beg for a compensation you might consider writing a ticket to support instead, seems quicker and better results, just saying! ^_^

I think it does depend on when you upgraded your weapon (like some people are saying, within the last 7 days). Also I dont think they will take you back to ivorymoon stage 10 if for example you recently upgraded to baleful/seraph stage 2 from stage 1. In that case they may only reroll back to stage 1. Also I believe it's only a one time offer, and you probably wont be able to reroll if you have done so already in the past.

To start I'm a hardcore player (even if I'm not a Hm15), I spent a lot of time in the game and I have 7 alts (working at home is the main reason I can spent that much time in it) In my personal opinion I would say it's kind of disappointing that the effort I made to get the most expensive mats over a year is gonna be almost possible for some people to reach it in 1 month of playing, but at the same time is nice cuz some of my friends are gonna be able to catch up with me and I won't have to farm endgame content alone or have to go to lots of partys on cross server to wipe in the last bosses cuz they don't understand the mechs and some won't even care to try and learn.

For the trove I would say I spent some money on it but I was aiming for gems, the weapon skin and outfits rather than mats and even if I didn't got the gems I got the rest so I'm happy whit it.

I would understand for those looking to get compensation, not in the same way, but I do understand some of us spent a lot of time to upgrade to legendary weapons and to level them up. I would say a compensation would be welcome (even if I'm sure there won't be any) but I would not be greedy and as for full compensation on all the mats, most of them are easily farmed like stingers and other stuff like that and are really cheap in market, same as moonstones. The only material wort to get a compensation for it would be the premium trans stones. Also I don't agree on the suggestion of getting Oils for it since like me, a lot of players had to farm a lot of mats to even reach st6 of the hongmoon energy.

This is my opinion as a player and customer (I do have premium), playing since the first closed beta, even if there is no compensation the content of this game is awesome in terms of story, visuals and mechs, and since we are catching up with Korea version I would say we won't have too many drastic changes like this in the near future.

22 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

Not that i'm aware of we're pretty much on par with everyone else. Though we don't have dragon or dragon god weapons. But that can change in the new few months. 

That i will admit surprised me.. we have a major reduction, that is the reason i'm sitting at stage 2 on TW cause i need a premium stone but at almost 700G i can't afford it. 

700G for prem stone befor update  seen them around 300g for one that if F5 is server wird 

Just upgraded during trove from True Ivorymoon to Stage 4, had been saving gold for it for quiet a while waiting for the trove to come to get mats at a cheaper price and go straight to stage 4. After they announced the update to costs i contacted support hoping to recoup some materials but was told it was too late. People who are saying that upgraders should have known this change was coming seems unfair, many players have not played on other region servers to learn these things. I know that this has happened many times before but not on this scale of cost and to have it following so closely after an event that is known to push people to upgrade seems wrong. To run the trove so close to this update seems poorly managed at best without letting people know that such drastic cost reductions would be coming in the near future (ofc it was in their best interests not to let people know this for maximum profit from trove). As for compensation many people keep saying that its never happened and it never will... but we did get some for the cost change to true ivorymoon (i am aware that was because more than one tier of weapon got changed to true ivorymoon but it opens the possibility) and i think a similar return of materials would be good - with the returned mats being bound would be fine by most i would think. Claiming that you spent much more gold six months ago seems like a petty argument, you had the weapon for a long period of time and during many events and you would still recieve some compensation aswell (unless it has a time restraint), where as we are talking about an upgrade people have only had for as a little as a week to 3 weeks at a huge loss (huge to me anyway, a loss of about 1k gold from the prices i paid).

I like the idea of a compensation! Iam still at Ivorymoon Stage 1, just finished my story quest BUT that doesnt make my vote less powerful! First of all...how am i supposed to know a reduction for weapon upgrades would happend if everyone and their mothers knew it would happen? How should i expect a reduction if its just a normal way for mmos nowadays to give newbies the chance to catch up with their gear?! Huh? I really wish the game would give us early signs with... i dont know... event items to reduce the costs of weapons and gear or if they would totally change weapon pathes over and over again to make it newbie friendly...

Yeah iam a new player and wasnt able to rush content but i dont get 2000 gold from selling Forging Orbs anymore. Where are my 5 gold for a Stinger?! Where are my 5 gold for a Moonstone?! I demand a compensation NAOW!

On top of that, how do you want to compensate me for the countless of hours i tried to find and / or make a squad for my gear requirements while people who rushed content where able to find squads easily with their 800 ap ?! And how do you think to compensate me for the hours i still have to look for a squad because people demand 1000 ap for dungeons like Blackram Narrows after patch hits us just to avoid people like me who were finally able to upgrade to Legendary Stage 10?!

Side note: If you think about a reasonable way to compensate us then please, give us items which have NOTHING to do with the weapon upgrade like.....i dont know.....Sacred Oils maybe...

Archived