This darn spoiled community

ARC1276

I remember back in the days when I was playing another MMO, the GMs and developers never listened to the player base and never interacted with them.

But then I come over here and it's like paradise! Look! THEY'RE REDUCING THE COSTS OF UPGRADES! 

I know they should have done this earlier but better late than never, right? On the bright side, it means that there's still hope for this game. It's not dead yet, not by a long shot! With every following patch, I just see them boosting more and more life into this game. 

I'm not saying kiss their @$$ but what I am saying is, appreciate something and give them credit where credit is due. They're diffidently doing something right. At least now they are. 

1 hour ago, ARC1276 said:

I remember back in the days when I was playing another MMO, the GMs and developers never listened to the player base and never interacted with them.

But then I come over here and it's like paradise! Look! THEY'RE REDUCING THE COSTS OF UPGRADES! 

I know they should have done this earlier but better late than never, right? On the bright side, it means that there's still hope for this game. It's not dead yet, not by a long shot! With every following patch, I just see them boosting more and more life into this game. 

I'm not saying kiss their @$$ but what I am saying is, appreciate something and give them credit where credit is due. They're diffidently doing something right. At least now they are. 

I think it has nothing to do with the developer team being generous and listening to players.

When a content just comes out, developers make sure that players will have to spend a long time grinding for it. As time passes and more and more contents come up, developers will want to goad players to the most recent ones, especially new players who are not prepared for new contents for them not playing the old ones. Thus, they will alleviate the grind of older content, so that old players will go through it with a breeze and tackle new content as soon as possible. Or else, new players will feel burnout and never catch up with old players.

For example, Lineage 2 - a grindfest also from NCSoft, is famous for its level grinding. Pre-Goddess of Destruction, you will grind like tomorrow in order to reach a reasonable level, not mention top level. However, after the patch, you can go from 1-85 in matter of weeks instead of months like before, but starting onward, you will have to spend several months to top your character up to lv100+

Back to BnS, developers won't want you to continue grinding lv45 contents for necessary upgrade. They want you to hit the latest content as fast as possible, so they help reduce the grind by making emblem account-bounded and 100% drop of accessories in Mushin's Tower. To prepare players for later content, and being considered as "listening" as a bonus, they also reduce material requirement, so that players can hit the comfortable stats (mainly AP) as soon as possible to tackle harder content.

I think everything happens just as they planned. Of course, as long as the changes benefit players and ease the grind, I won't complain.

Thank you team.You are doing a very nice job with the events and I like them mostly.I been playing some other games which didn't had content so often updated ,events and something new every few weeks.I could access any content i wanted just by playing the game along .

Please suggest the devs to improve the servers ,there are so many frustrating things related on disconnects and fps drops .Is single aspect that really bothers me in the game ,along with  the RNG factor -yet sometimes this can be good-if you have luck .So please listen and help with improving the quality of game .

58 minutes ago, Whiteflashkevin said:

I wish they would fix these retarded servers first. Priorities people priorities

Fixing servers = investing into infrastructure = increase of costs.

Adapting the game = let one (or more) programmers work on code = fixed and limited amount of money.

You see the difference?

I hate that they are reducing costs even more:(

There has already been a massive influx after the last reduction of players 650ap+ who can't solo necro point. Players failing yeti, nexus, masts, ofc tomb with builds that are way better then what is required.

If they lower costs even more I hope they add a function so that when we view info we can view players achievement points. That way we know if it's their first week playing the game or if they have been playing for ages.

Costs were already too inexpensive before. Soon can get max gear in under a month of part-time gameplay.

Too little, too late. Hardly worth blowing smoke up their bums for. What were they gonna do, nothing while the remaining 2k, (being generous), or so people that still play in NA continued to leave?

Nah, not getting giddy just yet. Not when persistent problems that have plagued this game since day one like haxors, bots, and a horrible server infrastructure the seems to decay daily continue to exist.

But hey, some people are easy to please. To each their own I suppose.

5 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

4 hours ago, Arcayne said:

Too little, too late. Hardly worth blowing smoke up their bums for. What were they gonna do, nothing while the remaining 2k, (being generous), or so people that still play in NA continued to leave?

Nah, not getting giddy just yet. Not when persistent problems that have plagued this game since day one like haxors, bots, and a horrible server infrastructure the seems to decay daily continue to exist.

But hey, some people are easy to please. To each their own I suppose.

If only you knew how close you were, i can tell you for a fact that numbers for BnS peak at about 10k players (including bots) across all servers during US primetime

this Tuesday just passed there was a point where there were only 20 people online on the entire Master Hong server

I think the change that were made are very good and I welcome them. I also think that the developers are putting effort into making the game better, even if not everyone will see it that way. So I will say thank you then to the developers for doing what they have done. After all if things were really so bleak as some of the community here love to go on about every single day, then the game would not be getting any attention at all. Anyone who now thinks that I am a SJW for having said that, well go ahead and get it out of your system I suppose.

Are you kidding me? 

I know for a fact that a lot of old MMORPGs never listened to the community. It was the worst. 

Compared to them, B&S is surely a lot better but that doesn't mean it's good and the community has the right to point out flaws.

Bots everywhere, spammers everywhere, bad servers, unfixed bugs, unfinished content, poor communication, pay to win, bad support and so on. That's why such a massive number of players have left the game. 

People unsatisfied with NCWEST's services regarding their products have all the right to do so as they're our publisher. Construcive criticism is the key to improvement and it's supposed to be appreciated instead of disregarded.

I've spent my money, still continue to as well, with the amount I've spent they owe me A LOT more that what I've gotten back so I'll complain all I want.

1. The changes that have been made are mostly changes that have already occurred in the other clients they're just porting them over lul.

2. Many bugs remain untouched or even acknowledged, combat bug, enemies resetting and a laundry list of others. In the other MMOs I've played these would be hotfix issues.

3. The fps bug/memory leak continues again unacknowledged in arena pvp. Again this would be a hotfix issue with most other games.

4. They seem unable to come up with any way to deal with the walls of spam that greet players everyday when logging in.

5. They're "events" are not events at all, at least not compared to other games I've played (the games I've played have ACTUAL events), they're simply boxes that contain materials that we should be getting through normal play of the game but since they want to keep both gold and dungeon reward drops absolutely abysmal, players feel like they're rewarded by having an "event" which means a box that wasn't in the game yesterday giving the stuff we should have access to all along, most of the time the fatter your wallet the more rewarding the "event" seems to be.

6. Our premium lvl 10 is simply other regions regular ol premium. Wardrobe not being available for free players is absolutely ridiculous as well.

7. Our premium even at level 10 is laughable compared to other regions.

8. Class balance especially now is an absolute joke, and judging by Korean patch notes it only gets worse and worse (this is the reason I'll finally end up actually quitting this game).

9. The server latency and problems, I don't know what the problems are with their crap servers and I really don't care, all I know is it hasn't improved a bit since day one and them blaming players ISPs is like kicking dirt in their faces.

10. Skill descriptions STILL don't make a lick of sense, if you go to BnS tree you can actually make sense of skills and what exactly they do because they update them to show what they really do. How can a website be so far ahead of the actual game client? Feel sorry for new players (if there actually are new players) trying to make sense of them.

11. Localization and errors in text are still really bad.

12. The lies, straight up lies told during the closed beta live streams. Like no pay to win, we all know how that turned out.

13. It almost seems like a joke how bad they are at class balance, and from Korean patch notes it doesn't even get any better, only worse.

16 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I think it has nothing to do with the developer team being generous and listening to players.

When a content just comes out, developers make sure that players will have to spend a long time grinding for it. As time passes and more and more contents come up, developers will want to goad players to the most recent ones, especially new players who are not prepared for new contents for them not playing the old ones. Thus, they will alleviate the grind of older content, so that old players will go through it with a breeze and tackle new content as soon as possible. Or else, new players will feel burnout and never catch up with old players.

For example, Lineage 2 - a grindfest also from NCSoft, is famous for its level grinding. Pre-Goddess of Destruction, you will grind like tomorrow in order to reach a reasonable level, not mention top level. However, after the patch, you can go from 1-85 in matter of weeks instead of months like before, but starting onward, you will have to spend several months to top your character up to lv100+

Back to BnS, developers won't want you to continue grinding lv45 contents for necessary upgrade. They want you to hit the latest content as fast as possible, so they help reduce the grind by making emblem account-bounded and 100% drop of accessories in Mushin's Tower. To prepare players for later content, and being considered as "listening" as a bonus, they also reduce material requirement, so that players can hit the comfortable stats (mainly AP) as soon as possible to tackle harder content.

I think everything happens just as they planned. Of course, as long as the changes benefit players and ease the grind, I won't complain.

+1

15 minutes ago, United17 said:

I've spent my money, still continue to as well, with the amount I've spent they owe me A LOT more that what I've gotten back so I'll complain all I want.

1. The changes that have been made are mostly changes that have already occurred in the other clients they're just porting them over lul.

2. Many bugs remain untouched or even acknowledged, combat bug, enemies resetting and a laundry list of others. In the other MMOs I've played these would be hotfix issues.

3. The fps bug/memory leak continues again unacknowledged in arena pvp. Again this would be a hotfix issue with most other games.

4. They seem unable to come up with any way to deal with the walls of spam that greet players everyday when logging in.

5. They're "events" are not events at all, at least not compared to other games I've played (the games I've played have ACTUAL events), they're simply boxes that contain materials that we should be getting through normal play of the game but since they want to keep both gold and dungeon reward drops absolutely abysmal, players feel like they're rewarded by having an "event" which means a box that wasn't in the game yesterday giving the stuff we should have access to all along, most of the time the fatter your wallet the more rewarding the "event" seems to be.

6. Our premium lvl 10 is simply other regions regular ol premium. Wardrobe not being available for free players is absolutely ridiculous as well.

8. Class balance especially now is an absolute joke, and judging by Korean patch notes it only gets worse and worse (this is the reason I'll finally end up actually quitting this game).

9. The server latency and problems, I don't know what the problems are with their crap servers and I really don't care, all I know is it hasn't improved a bit since day one and them blaming players ISPs is like kicking dirt in their faces.

10. Skill descriptions STILL don't make a lick of sense, if you go to BnS tree you can actually make sense of skills and what exactly they do because they update them to show what they really do. How can a website be so far ahead of the actual game client? Feel sorry for new players (if there actually are new players) trying to make sense of them.

i only need 2 things fixed an the other can come later at any time.

1 is fixing the lag

2 wardrobe for free so i can clear the inventory of all the shit.

Also about skill description they have yet to fix the dragoncall description where it says increase crit by 25% for 5 sec when in reality it's 5% and this has been there since warlock release.

On 9/30/2016 at 2:00 PM, ARC1276 said:

The publishers of this game ran it into the ground and will continue to do so until they realise the damage done, then they'll try a few life line tactics by then but it will be too late, its already too late. I'm all for microtransactions and grinding but you see the rng aspect? That part especially sucks, seriously. Its beyond ridiculous, bye.

17 hours ago, K4t said:

The publishers of this game ran it into the ground and will continue to do so until they realise the damage done, then they'll try a few life line tactics by then but it will be too late, its already too late. I'm all for microtransactions and grinding but you see the rng aspect? That part especially sucks, seriously. Its beyond ridiculous, bye.

Cant agree more, still giving it a shot, tho. But its sad.

So basically you are saying, I spent thousands of euro out of my salary and I am 'spoiled'? Spoiled by whom? Keyboard justice warriors?

When I did my best to upgrade my weapon to True Scorpio stage 10 (I am collecting materials for upgrading from True Scorpio stage 10 to Baleful stage 6 all at once because I am playing a KFM) and the accessories to the maximum I can before getting legendary ones, tell me what good it does from the symbolic reduce of cost of upgrades for me now? Did they reduce the cost of upgrading legendary weapons and accessories?

I give them the credit of endless fps drops, especially after nearly every maintenance. I don't care about your self-anointed vision. You are spoiled by the kindness of other players.

On 1. 10. 2016 at 4:15 PM, United17 said:

12. The lies, straight up lies told during the closed beta live streams. Like no pay to win, we all know how that turned out.

13. It almost seems like a joke how bad they are at class balance, and from Korean patch notes it doesn't even get any better, only worse.

cow marked for milking to death, answer to all

Archived