Just used 50 corallites and did not even get a single stage 5

Windbrand

Just used 50 corallites from the ripoff cash shop costume package and did not even get a single stage 5. Highest I got were like 5 stage 4's. Yes you read that right.

Words alone cannot describe how much of a scam I think this "event" is. Forcing us to grind relentless through dungeons every single day while the devs sit around in their lounge chairs f*cking us over with this RNG bullshit. Ninja nerfing the success rate each day after the event starts? Really? Can you go any lower NCS? Any lower and you'd be underground in your morals.

What the f*ck did you set the success rate to? 5% to get to level 5? 2% to get to level 6? 0.0000000001% to get to level 8?

You know what the only thing this event does? Drain your money, that's all it does. All the money that you earned that day will be spent upgrading this piece of shit because you can easily burn through like 30-50g, and what do you have at the end of the day? A pile of broken pieces, literally, and the dev's big fat middle finger right in your face laughing while pocketing your cash.

I'll be laughing at the day when this server shuts down due to there being more pissed off players than satisfied players.

There are people with bad luck and then there are people with good luck. I don't know why you bothered buying the costume if you think that the outfit package was ripoff. In my opinion the outfit package was super good as it gave 2x outfits, adornment, headpiece and 50 corallites.

I'm not talking about the costume being a ripoff, I was clearly saying the corals in it are the ripoff. Are corals easy to get? No. They can't be harder to get even if they tried. Each dungeon run only gives ONE coral, and that's used up and turned into a pile of dust faster than you can type "use".

How does anyone else get 50 corals? It's 100g on marketplace, or you have to grind 2 weeks for it.

What do you have at the end of the day? A pile of trash.

Any reasonable dev would simply get players to collect the corals, not use them for stupid RNG-based upgrades. Trade 150 corals for a costume, end of story, just like the fungus cave event. How is it remotely helpful to players if you have to spend 150g breaking shit AND grind for the shit that you break, just to trade for a costume (I'm not gonna even mention the gem/ember cause people would sooner solo Asura than get those, so might as well consider them nonexistent)?? When a costume costs roughly 150g anyways if you use currency exchange? But no, they just had to f*ck with players who aren't rich by draining all their money while at it too.

I'm just very very angry right now because I got absolutely nothing from the (now 60+) corals I spent, not to mention I spent like 40-50g just trying to upgrade them.

I understand your pain. I gave up on getting the costume and the gems. I ended up just trading it in once i hit stage 5 for the nebula stone while also trading in fragments for more nebula stone. At least this way i can upgrade my accessories easier. And i only use standard ones now while selling the regular coral for gold.

They nerf the success after first day or so.  I bough 2x outfits so 100 coralites, 50 at a time.  First time, I have never failed stage one, almost always got to stage 3.  Got my costume pretty easily.  Second time I bought the costume for 50 more coralites, I would fail even 3x in a row going from 1-2.  Highest I got was stage 5 and that was when I would create stage 4 x3 and then tried to go to 5.  One of them succeeded.

I also then realized I was on a level 30 alt who could not get the black feathers so all that was for naught. 

Actually, you have a better chance getting a Charred BoneKraal Figurehead to Mythic on Archeage then you do getting a stage 7-8 here. Why do I know this? I've done the mythic figurehead but out of 200+ coralitets, not a single stage 6... This rng is so low even by korean standards that ncsoft should be ashamed of themselves...

3 minutes ago, TaurinFox said:

Actually, you have a better chance getting a Charred BoneKraal Figurehead to Mythic on Archeage then you do getting a stage 7-8 here. Why do I know this? I've done the mythic figurehead but out of 200+ coralitets, not a single stage 6... This rng is so low even by korean standards that ncsoft should be ashamed of themselves...

you are doing it wrong. Make several 4's to make one 5. Make several 5's to make one 6, etc.

2 days ago I made stage 6 weapon when I used only 7 corallites. I failed first try and then all of the rest corallites succeeded. So far the event got me 2x outfits and 1x sapphire and 1 pair of glasses with fragments. After I get one more outfit I will start selling my corallites to gain some gold as the event otherwise isn't that worthy. Asura's ember and the skin are super hard to get as it would be in farm method also.

6 minutes ago, Machder1 said:

you are doing it wrong. Make several 4's to make one 5. Make several 5's to make one 6, etc.

Nah, I know the method bro believe me, I have a FULL Mythic Galleon on Kyrios. I'm using the correct methods. By korean standards this rng should be criminal. And that's coming from someone who spend 3+ years on Lineage II, Archeage, Tera, Aion etc etc.

7 minutes ago, TaurinFox said:

Nah, I know the method bro believe me, I have a FULL Mythic Galleon on Kyrios. I'm using the correct methods. By korean standards this rng should be criminal. And that's coming from someone who spend 3+ years on Lineage II, Archeage, Tera, Aion etc etc.

This is simple statistics.  Your chances of failing 5 -> 6 is about 80%, so 20% success. So get five 5's and you'll make one 6. This has nothing to do with "I beat the internet".

1 minute ago, Machder1 said:

This is simple statistics.  Your chances of failing 5 -> 6 is about 80%, so 20% success. So get five 5's and you'll make one 6. This has nothing to do with "I beat the internet".

Look, unless you have a fully MYTHIC Galleon on Archeage then I don't need your "lessons" because I've been playing korean mmorpgs for well over 15+ years man.  I am more familiar with rng then probably anyone else on these forums, or rather most of them. I was a whale on Archeage and a whale on Tera. And don't even get me started with my Lineage II rng experience. I know how it all works out across SEVERAL games and I am telling you that from my experience, which is indeed vast in this area that it's EXTREMELY rigged in the area of korean rng.

4 minutes ago, Machder1 said:

Stats dont work like that. 

Also why do people always believe RNG is "nerfed" after everyone one of these events. FYI I got lvl 5 weapon with 7 corals.

So far only got one stage 6 weapon which I instantly spent on the sexy bikini (please tell me sexy isn't considered a bad word), ever since, only got close but never again.

I was looking at the event and was speculating that Asura embers were going to drop in price. Next thing I know, I find it easier to just farm the bloody thing.

In all honesty NCsoft, this event is a complete pile of crap. I've had that feeling ever since I failed a stage 1 three times in a row.

2 hours ago, Machder1 said:

Yep that is very good statistics IF RNG was not involved.  4 times I had 5 at stage 4 only to fail all 5 times.  So far I have got 2 to stage 5 and NONE to stage 6.  I have already purchased the bathing costume with the broken pieces.  I have now given up as this event is nothing more than a gold sink because all I do is fail over and over.

6 hours ago, TaurinFox said:

Look, unless you have a fully MYTHIC Galleon on Archeage then I don't need your "lessons" because I've been playing korean mmorpgs for well over 15+ years man.  I am more familiar with rng then probably anyone else on these forums, or rather most of them. I was a whale on Archeage and a whale on Tera. And don't even get me started with my Lineage II rng experience. I know how it all works out across SEVERAL games and I am telling you that from my experience, which is indeed vast in this area that it's EXTREMELY rigged in the area of korean rng.

I am absolutely baffled at just how deranged people are when it comes to statistics. 1) yes you do need a lesson, clearly.  2) To all the other posters who have informed me that stats don't apply here, yes they do; RNG is nothing more than statistics.  Finally 3) seeing that I am loosing IQ reading over some of these responses, I will leave you knuckleheads with this statistical problem.  Answer it correctly and provide a reason as to why.  Until then, I shall abstain from further socializing in this degenerate discussion, hopelessly attempting to educate mislead players, all for naught.

------

A show host calls a contestant to the stage and presents him with three doors, one of which conceal a vehicle, the grand prize; the other doors are empty.  Contestant is then asked to choose a door, and after some hesitation chooses door #1.  The game host asks the contestant, "are you sure this is the door you want to choose?  You can either stay with the door you have chosen or switch to another door before I open it." Somewhat nervous, the contestant chooses to stay with his original selection and informs the game host that he will persist with his choice.  The game host, who KNOWS behind which door the car is, opens door #2, knowing the car is not there.  At this point, TWO doors remain closed, as one was just open by the game host.  After opening door #2 the game hosts asks the contestant again.  "Are you sure you want to stay with door #1 or would you like to switch to door #3?"  My question is, should the contestant stay with door #1, switch to door #3, or it doesn't matter because the chance of discovering the door with a car behind it is 50% / 50%? Also provide why you chose that answer.

There you go you RNG gurus.  Let's see how you fair against a real world RNG problem.  Solve it correctly.  Until then, cheerio!

Hint, no it's not 50/50... get over it...

7 hours ago, Windbrand said:

Just used 50 corallites from the ripoff cash shop costume package and did not even get a single stage 5. Highest I got were like 5 stage 4's. Yes you read that right.

Words alone cannot describe how much of a scam I think this "event" is. Forcing us to grind relentless through dungeons every single day while the devs sit around in their lounge chairs f*cking us over with this RNG bullshit. Ninja nerfing the success rate each day after the event starts? Really? Can you go any lower NCS? Any lower and you'd be underground in your morals.

What the f*ck did you set the success rate to? 5% to get to level 5? 2% to get to level 6? 0.0000000001% to get to level 8?

You know what the only thing this event does? Drain your money, that's all it does. All the money that you earned that day will be spent upgrading this piece of shit because you can easily burn through like 30-50g, and what do you have at the end of the day? A pile of broken pieces, literally, and the dev's big fat middle finger right in your face laughing while pocketing your cash.

I'll be laughing at the day when this server shuts down due to there being more pissed off players than satisfied players.

BnS is going down because of people like you. Stop spending money on it and devs will start working on it to make it better. But unfortunately, there'll always someone like you who would risk 1k ncoin to get an item worth of 700g.

1 hour ago, Machder1 said:

I am absolutely baffled at just how deranged people are when it comes to statistics.

LOL!  The famous gameshow version of the lady/tiger problem applied to RNG? That's pretty rich. No wonder you're baffled.

The statistics you're trying to apply only works after the fact when averaged over time across a large amount of data points but not at all to individual cases as they are occurring. Having a 1 out of 3 chance of picking on the correct cup does not mean you'll win once just by playing 3 times. Keep playing and eventually you'll average out to 33% win to loss. Takes a lot of games. More than people will get corals for this event.

RNG is not true random but it's not simple statistics. The statistics on this event averages out over ALL PLAYERS, for the duration of the event. You increase your odds only by performing more upgrades (increasing the number of data points which belong to you) but you can free farm only so much coral and are offered a choice to cash-shop for more chances of "winning". The stats are not personal and isolated to you LOL. And people are paying cash for a percentage chance. Of course they're "deranged" but not for why you are claiming.

BTW, for TFox, this is also why comparing to Mythic in AA isn't quite the same. You had more time to grind for what you need, i.e., many more chances for upgrade and probably encountered more fails compared to this limited time event. Players can't endlessly grind corals but with enough time and resources in AA, it's possible to grind out multiple Mythics in a game that's been out nearly 2 years. Not saying the RNG here isn't the worst, but it's not a great analogy.

To the rest: maybe don't spend real money on a game which is pissing you off. You're rewarding the company for something they don't deserve to be rewarded for. They aren't hearing you say "hate this event, cash-RNG events suck!"; they already heard you say "Love this event! Can't wait for the next!"

This is a gold-sink event which every game of a certain age will run periodically. They are needed to clear out the wallets of long-time players who have piled up more money than they can spend. Probably works fine on the older servers but feels too early for ours. We have a big wealth imbalance and most players don't make enough gold in ratio to spending needs to justify a gold-sink event, but oh well. West just has been completely screwed for BnS is all. I'm not excusing the gold-sink/cash-grab events or the bad RNG. Most players just don't have the extra money for this and it's definitely not designed to have the top prizes be reachable for many players.

10 hours ago, kytt said:

The statistics you're trying to apply only works after the fact when averaged over time across a large amount of data points but not at all to individual cases as they are occurring. Having a 1 out of 3 chance of picking on the correct cup does not mean you'll win once just by playing 3 times. Keep playing and eventually you'll average out to 33% win to loss. Takes a lot of games. More than people will get corals for this event.

RNG is not true random but it's not simple statistics. The statistics on this event averages out over ALL PLAYERS, for the duration of the event. You increase your odds only by performing more upgrades (increasing the number of data points which belong to you) but you can free farm only so much coral and are offered a choice to cash-shop for more chances of "winning". The stats are not personal and isolated to you LOL. And people are paying cash for a percentage chance. Of course they're "deranged" but not for why you are claiming.

BTW, for TFox, this is also why comparing to Mythic in AA isn't quite the same. You had more time to grind for what you need, i.e., many more chances for upgrade and probably encountered more fails compared to this limited time event. Players can't endlessly grind corals but with enough time and resources in AA, it's possible to grind out multiple Mythics in a game that's been out nearly 2 years. Not saying the RNG here isn't the worst, but it's not a great analogy.

Seeing as I can now speak to someone who may understand the calculus of "RNG", allow me to elaborate upon my earlier statements.  Granted, RNG does not guarantee anything.  In fact, there is nothing random about RNG other than the name; even if randomized by a time seed, the sequence would stay the same if the parameters would not change.  That said, you are absolutely correct that you could take a sample of everyone who has achieved Stage 6 in a single shot and not successfully be able to apply it to a specific player.  Specifically, if the chance to get to stage 6 on first try is let's say 30%, there is still a chance some player can try 10000 times and never reach it.  

Sir, you've missed my point however.  The reason why I was proposing creating multiple stage 5's to achieve a single stage 6 is because of the implied success chance being greater than the chance of brute forcing a stage 1 to 6 attempt.  If, let's say, there is a 50% chance to go from 1-2, and 50% chance to go from 2 to 3, and 50% chance to go to 3 to 4, then your chance of going from 1 to 4 is 12.5%.  So if I wanted to increase my chances of going from 3 to 4, knowing that my odds are 50% from 3 to 4, but only 12.5% when going from 1 to 4, I would create several stage 3's hoping that the RNG gods will favor the 50% chance from 3 to 4.  Again, I understand that there is no guarantee, if there was a slot machine where I had a 50% chance of hitting the jackpot, even though there is a chance I would never win, I would throw massive money at it, and no doubt so would others.

Lastly, from my personal experience after using 50 coralites on the first day, and using about 90 coralites over a week later, I conjecture that the success rate has been significantly decreased across all stages of progression.  Further, many have opined that this is a common practice in not only Korean MMO's but in many games in the gaming industry.

23 hours ago, Windbrand said:

50? Dude I FAKIN USED 250 from my last gold today i had and didn't get ANYWHERE near stage 6 meanwhile all most of my guildies gets stage 8 after 70 coralites, suuuuure they get such privilegy cause simple they have some legendaries? seriously ncsoft can go fk itself with this kind of bullshit event, spent 500euros+ ever since headstart but i highly doubt that they deserve 2/3 of the money amount that ive spent.

AND GO AHEAD AND BAN ME, AS IF I CARE, you can put these rng events to the small dark hole. Ugly scammers.

Unbelievable to *cricket* me off to this point after half a year and for me to post a raging message...

Archived