Is the game still worth playing as a newcomer?

TheNabeh

Hello all, I am still new (been playing for a couple of days) and I've seen the threads regarding RNG moonstone problem, low AP unable to get into party for late-game, toxic community etc etc. I am still at the early game content so I was thinking can a almost 24/7 solo-er new melee player maybe do some dungeons/dailies runs for the late game w/o getting discriminated, upgrade to latest weapon despite NCsoft focusing on silverfrost patch and made it harder or almost impossible for the new players. I can't commit 8 hours per day for the game, the most I can commit is about 2-3 hours. So, in conclusion, my question is - is the game still worth playing? 

I am still new and I have no ideas for the late game content. I aint a cash player as well. I am seeking advice here, if I am still able to catch up, I will play. If not, I see that there is no point playing anyway, let's say if I am at the late game with low AP due to insufficient materials for my weapon upgrades to pump up my AP and I am not able to get into team to do some dailies runs, whats the point.

I am not complaining or anything, I am just purely seeking advice from old players because they've been in game for a while and they knew the late-game situation. I meant like I do not wish to spend my time to play a game which I can barely catch up with the latest contents.

So, here you go. Advice please, thanks in advance.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't wanna be that guy to turn you away, but stop while you're ahead. You're only gonna get really frustrated. Trust me, not at the rate this game is going. I play because I invested so much into this. I'm waiting for NCsofts response on the 22nd. if they fail. I'm out

First advice, don't come to forums for advice. You're just going to get people that are widely negative and will just tell you to turn away since they didn't have a good playing experience.

Anyways, on topic, you're able to catch up even with 2~3 hours of gameplay a day. It may take some time but you're able to get up there again. But if you're the kind of person that wants to rush to end-game content or expecting to get end-game gear in a couple of days then yes, I'd suggest to turn away now since it's not going to be like that.

If you do decide to stay, I'd suggest first joining a populated server. For NA either Mushin or Poharan, for EU Windrest last time I remember. Then look for a clan that's willing to help teach you from the start. I'd be more than willing to let you join my clan on Poharan if you're still interested to play since we don't mind helping with newer players.

So in conclusion;

Don't mind taking time to climb up to end-game content/gear = Go ahead and play.

Expecting to get to end-game content/gear within a week or so = Turn away.

If you do decide to play, let me know and you can join my clan to attempt to help you if anything.

Hope this helps~

Nope, play anything else. NCwest does nothing but patch in content that comes from Korea that's where their job ends. They do NOTHING to fix or alleviate problems, so your only option is "next patch" so there's always waiting on "next patch" even NCwest says it "next patch".

You can get to level fairly quickly then you will hit a solid brick wall of inability to progress further that is compounded by the fact that P2W "events" have put a select few months ahead of average players gear wise. You can however stay competitive if you plan to no life content this will mean running the same thing multiple times. 1 day you ask? Nope. 3 days you say? Nope.....you will need to do it EVERY day. The other option of course is to swipe the credit card however be warned the P2W is RNG based so if you think $100-$200 will cut it think again...you will be looking at well over $1000.

Steer clear walk away from this game and don't look back a lot of us are stuck he because we're trying to justify our time and sometimes substantial money investment I would not recommend this game to my worst enemy.

Personally I would stay clear from BnS. I quit the game though I really loved it. In it's early days it wasn't so bad, but they just kept flooding the game with content only people who had hours to waste could catch up.

Don't get me wrong, playing catch up in MMORPG's is normal, but the gated content plus at the speed which the content is released... there is no breathing room.

If you have the time to kill every single day, then continue playing. But if your goal is to stay in end'game but you can't play everyday? Stop now.

If you like the game style, you can do the story quests at soul fighter release. There will be new people / alts to play with. The game itself is a very long and super boring grind.

No do not play this game as a new coming you will be so far behind. They rushed about 3 years of content in 4 months. Unless you credit card everything you will probably be stuck at either True profane or Awakened oathbreaker for the longest time.

Just wow at all the whiny people here. Just droping much money into this game isnt a good reason to play this game if doesnt make fun... Play the game. Its really fun and has the best combat system available for mmos at the moment. I play it only 1-2 hours a day and can run all endgame dungeons without any problems and im not even a pve fan.

If you like it till now then continue playing, if you dont like it then quit.

Nope.
Enjoyable up to level 45, game's got a fantastic combat system, then the insane grind and lack of rewards completely kills it. And god forbid you want to roll a melee class. You either grind for 8 hours a day or spend lots of real money if you want the slightest progress.

So,

I aint a cash player as well.

It's really not the game for you.

The grind sucks. I am at a point where just to upgrade a piece of equipment will take weeks of grinding everyday. Not only the gold for the upgrades but the materials needed is a lot. You either have to PvP a lot to get the material or grind for gold. So you do the same thing everyday for 3 to 4 hours for a few weeks to a month for once piece of upgrade. Then is repeat all over again.

There are no communication between different players unless it was your guild. Most people just pug the dungeons doesnt talk from beginning ot end. If a wipe happens some people will leave. The worse party is once people starting leaving is hard to found someone new to join if you kill any boss or finish any of the dungeons quest. So then you have to quit your current party rejoin and do the same thing all over again.  If it weren't for my guild I would have quit already (still thinking about it).

There are hots and hackers. Bots I am ok with since they help keep supply at a low cost but lot's of complain about open world PvP IN END GAME where people use hacks and ruin it for them. Basically end game open world PVP )SSP_ is where you can grind and make lots of gold. If it have hackers it is very hard to make gold.

The new 24man raid is full for the first week but after that is pretty empty. NCsoft doesn't listen to their players when we bring up questions and what we want. Pretty much most players want an account wide storage so it will be easier to make an alt (currently a lot of equipment/accessories/material are character bond only) thus making leveling alts really difficult and then you add the cost/grind to actually get decent gear makes this game one of the brutal game for leveling alts.

There are also a lot of class inbalance happening. Mostly melee is at disandantage in PvE and open world PvP. While range have a much much easier time.

If you like the system/game, you will catch up sooner or later; don't rush the things. As Zuzu told you already, just find people that want to play with you or help you. I have a friend that in only one month got to the endgame play.

You don't really need to pay real money if you don't want to. Sure it gives you some boosts and privileges but is not mandatory to enjoy the game.

You can also wait until Jun 22nd for the Soul Fighter release, there will be lots of people leveling up the new class with the 4-week event.

Being a melee is another story, I have a main melee and yes, I feel that I'm at a disadvantage sometimes compared to the ranged classes. For example, evading some aoe skills from some endgame bosses. But, anyways, I don't have a ranged class to give you a more detailed comparison.

Just now, Jospx said:

If you like the system/game, you will catch up sooner or later; don't rush the things. As Zuzu told you already, just find people that want to play with you or help you. I have a friend that in only one month got to the endgame play.

You don't really need to pay real money if you don't want to. Sure it gives you some boosts and privileges but is not mandatory to enjoy the game.

You can also wait until Jun 22nd for the Soul Fighter release, there will be lots of people leveling up the new class with the 4-week event.

Being a melee is another story, I have a main melee and yes, I feel that I'm at a disadvantage sometimes compared to the ranged classes. For example, evading some aoe skills from some endgame bosses. But, anyways, I don't have a ranged class to give you a more detailed comparison.

It's laughably easy as a ranged. I have a SUmmoner and now switched to a Sin. The difference is shocking. Some AoE rings(Mandate) are so big I can't SS away.

12 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

It's laughably easy as a ranged. I have a SUmmoner and now switched to a Sin. The difference is shocking. Some AoE rings(Mandate) are so big I can't SS away.

Even so, I like the close combat experience. Depending on your class you are able to block or evade. At first, I couldn't do anything on SSP (kind of endgame) as a melee, but now I can manage to get the loot easier than before. I heard that Summoners don't have Q and E to evade, these are used for commands to the cat. I think that it's more of a personal choice. I will try the SF to have melee and ranged in one.

But yeah, the classes are also ranked by "difficulty" too, according to it, the only "hard" classes are assassins, blade masters and kung fu masters (expert). All melee.

1 minute ago, Jospx said:

Even so, I like the close combat experience. Depending on your class you are able to block or evade. I heard that Summoners don't have Q and E to evade, these are used for commands to the cat. I think that it's more of a personal choice. I will try the SF to have melee and ranged in one.

But yeah, the classes are also ranked by "difficulty" too, according to it, the only "hard" classes are assassins, blade masters and kung fu masters (expert). All melee.

I play mostly on my FM and Desto and FM is so so easy. Most of the time I just dps, don't need worry about getting hit by AoE, stay away from red attacks. I usually get bored dpsing on my FM . There are some boss that require us to pay more attention but other than that range is a cakewalk. In Open world PvP when i was farming in moonwater for the misty wood necklace, no one from the other faction would even try to kill me on my FM. On my destroyer everyone on the other faction try to kill me.

1 hour ago, Ch4oskn1ght said:

Just wow at all the whiny people here. Just droping much money into this game isnt a good reason to play this game if doesnt make fun... Play the game. Its really fun and has the best combat system available for mmos at the moment. I play it only 1-2 hours a day and can run all endgame dungeons without any problems and im not even a pve fan.

If you like it till now then continue playing, if you dont like it then quit.

The combat being amazing doesn't outweigh everything that's wrong with the game. and I don't think the negative comments on this thread aren't at all justified. If I had a shred of hope that things would get better my opinion would be different. 

Sure. Everyone will either catch up eventually or quit first but how much shit does one have to put up with in the mean time? By both the players and NCWest.

Just ignore the cry babies.. I was out for a while and started from scratch in just about one month playing like 2-3 hours a day top! Didnt spend a single $ and im almost at 500 ap doing all the top dungeons and honestly i dont see where the toxic is outside of this stupid posts .. Ppl were ok in yeti with my 400 ap all the time as long as u know the mechs and dont be fckin useless like most of the QQers. IF u like the game u play it eventually you`ll reach ur aim but dont expect it to come on plate with a freakin fork for you to just grab it and go on.

10 minutes ago, Madarame said:

Just ignore the cry babies.. I was out for a while and started from scratch in just about one month playing like 2-3 hours a day top! Didnt spend a single $ and im almost at 500 ap doing all the top dungeons and honestly i dont see where the toxic is outside of this stupid posts .. Ppl were ok in yeti with my 400 ap all the time as long as u know the mechs and dont be fckin useless like most of the QQers. IF u like the game u play it eventually you`ll reach ur aim but dont expect it to come on plate with a freakin fork for you to just grab it and go on.

Lol you don't understand anything and probably didn't even bother to read and comprehend what others write if you seriously think it's all about "stuff 4 free on a silver platter". But I guess all that drone-like mindless farming has numbed your thinking process.

3 minutes ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

Lol you don't understand anything and probably didn't even bother to read and comprehend what others write if you seriously think it's all about "stuff 4 free on a silver platter". But I guess all that drone-like mindless farming has numbed your thinking process.

Mindless farming? How mindless you could farm for 3 hours a day with most of that time in arena? Guess all that crying made ur brain dry son. Its not about what u could get for free or not... Its about where you are heading and if its possible to go there if u got just a little dedication and few hours a day.

Archived