Will I get banned if I use the unofficial costume mod

eric11zhao

33 minutes ago, eric11zhao said:

What if I use those unofficial costumes mod to replace some un-released costumes or nude mod, what could happen to me

Technically you can get banned if you somehow get exposed (by yourself, streaming it, or perhaps some internal GG integrity check. I don't know) since it goes against ToS.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/blade-and-soul/blade-and-soul-rules-of-conduct.php

The following rules govern basic interaction within the Blade & Soul game and the Blade & Soul website (including message boards). Please be aware that failure to comply with these rules of conduct may result in the termination of your Blade & Soul game account according to the Blade & Soul User Agreement.

(...)

9. YOU MAY NOT MODIFY ANY PART OF THE BLADE & SOUL CLIENT, SERVER, OR ANY PART OF THE OFFICIAL BLADE & SOUL WEBSITE.

Technically it violates the ToS. That said, don't be an idiot and post proof of yourself doing it anywhere public, and you'll never get bothered. NCSoft isn't going to ban a potentially paying customer for something that doesn't affect other players.

3 minutes ago, Waifu said:

Technically it violates the ToS. That said, don't be an idiot and post proof of yourself doing it anywhere public, and you'll never get bothered. NCSoft isn't going to ban a potentially paying customer for something that doesn't affect other players.

Nc doesnt care if people pay,

They ban accounts that spent over a thousand dollars by accident every day.

lol the fact here is no one know you using custom mod outfit unless you taking pictures and post everywhere...you're not that stupid right?

Why GG can't dectect? Because basically he's just replacing a custom outfit file with another file same exact file format, same name with different picture.

Editing files, bots, hacks and yes also mods are bannable by the rules. So better not to use such since if they somehow find you are using mods (unofficial outfit) you will get banned and you won't be getting your account back if it's permanent ban.

1 hour ago, eric11zhao said:

What if I use those unofficial costumes mod to replace some un-released costumes or nude mod, what could happen to me

no one ever gets banned, mod, bot or speedhack as you please.

Technically, it violates the ToS.
But there's no way to tell that you're doing it if you don't make screenshot or something, and even if you were caught doing it, it's a pretty minor violation and I doubt the GMs would be that unreasonable to ban you.

1 hour ago, Kromede said:

lol the fact here is no one know you using custom mod outfit unless you taking pictures and post everywhere...you're not that stupid right?

Why GG can't dectect? Because basically he's just replacing a custom outfit file with another file same exact file format, same name with different picture.

GameGuard can help detecting it. Just because you replace a file with another of same extension doesnt meant it wont be detected because there are lots of differents parameters that can be checked. Every file can generate an unique hash value (MD5), if you replace a file with another even if its same format the hash value will be different and GameGuard can send a report to NC about your files being modified. Even without MD5 they could just check the file size, date of creation/modify, etc. If any parameter is different from the ones in NC database then the file has been modified.

13 minutes ago, Fuz said:

Technically, it violates the ToS.
But there's no way to tell that you're doing it if you don't make screenshot or something, and even if you were caught doing it, it's a pretty minor violation and I doubt the GMs would be that unreasonable to ban you.

For the first part i already answer how it could be reported from GG to NC.

Changing, editing, modifing, etc. Files in the game, even if its only for costumes is not a "minor violation" for 3 reasons.

1) Changing costumes textures means you will be able to use costumes that are in cash shop for free (even if only you can see them). If they allow players to do this, no one would buy or farm costumes, they would just change the textures to whatever costume they like and NC would lose a lot of money.

2) Intended and unintended hacking/scripting.  You download a texture mod and it could have a keylogger or some other kind of script in it, then they steal your game information and you cry about it saying NC security is bad when it was your fault for downloading things you are not supposed to. Others might try to hide their scripts to cheat in-game with their mods, you could actually add a call funciton into the costume file to use a script and if they banned the account you would only complain saying you only used a texture mod and NC is bad because you did nothing wrong and blah blah blah blah.

3) Where is the line between what would be allowed and what wouldn't? If they allow texture mods, someone could change the texture of lets say the BD to something like turning it into a bright red block of pixels whenever he use a skill that grants resist or a texture that shows a red area whenever someone is using a skill or add with huge caps on top of a charater the sentence "IM USING BLOCK SKILL DONT ATK ME" whenever someone is using block. Any of them would turn tables in a PvP fight and it would be hard to define when is texture modding allowed and when it isnt. Those examples were a big exagerated just to show my point, there could also be a more discrete way by using small dangles on the clothes, its just matter of trial and error to find the position, angle and lenght of the dangles to make them fit with the animations of whatever skill you want to predict.

UNLESS u botting scripting or hacking, account thefting u will get banned for sure in no time !!! NCsoft actively dont give a S... About things i listed.....All others god save you use costume mod that will steal them their money they hoarded......

Archived