Give us unlimited stamina to run.

NueHoujuu

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey everyone,

Currently, the Stamina depletes at the rate of 1,000 per second and regenerates at the rate of 500 per second.

Which means that without the Purification Jar, you use it completely in 15s and are full after 30s. With the purification Jar, well that simply goes to 20s depleting, 40s replenishing.

The ratio being the same, you'll run faster during more time, but will have to wait more to run faster again...

I think this ratio could easily be changed without giving unlimited stamina. Just changing this 1/2 ratio to a 1/1 or a 0,5/1 would be largely sufficient. It currently reminds me of that shitty flying time in Aion, where you had to wait double the time you flew to go at it again... -_-"

Another possibility would be to extend the total stamina much more, which would allow us to run the large paths of silverfrost mountains without that feeling of lousy slowness.

4 hours ago, Moggie said:

To add to this, I think it would also be better if the sprint bar wasn't disabled when you attack or take damage. Quite often after I leave combat, it takes anywhere from 15-60 seconds for the sprint bar to become available again, instead of the usual 5 seconds. And I don't think there's any reason to disable sprint while in combat. If we're trying to run away, obviously the enemy is too strong, so may as well let us run away.

I think disabling sprint while in fight is a good thing. Players would be too fast and jumpy with sprint. Fights would be quite boring with that I think.

Although there's indeed improvements to make about that damn "in combat" state which triggers and un triggers really poorly...

Some exemples :

- I really often have to wait nearly 5s after a fight to be allowed to sprint again.

- The Summoner's pet seems to make this bug even more, I sometimes have to wait nearly 10s, seeing my teammates already sprinting away...

- Why the heck does fall damage trigger fight mode ???

I know it is extremely frustrating to move to another place by running especially when the areas are so big. But that is also one way to make the game last longer. You can always make suggestion how to improve the game but if it gets ignored or commented as "not going to happen" we just have to live with what we have. Better have this little than none at all. There are also other games where dashing is limited and people get used to it.

4 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I know it is extremely frustrating to move to another place by running especially when the areas are so big. But that is also one way to make the game last longer. You can always make suggestion how to improve the game but if it gets ignored or commented as "not going to happen" we just have to live with what we have. Better have this little than none at all. There are also other games where dashing is limited and people get used to it.

Indeed, that makes the game last longer. I think this aspect is agreeable during the pexing phase. But once I reach max lvl... Well... I already ran through most of the place...

I find the system in place in FFXIV quite interesting. You have to journey through the corner of the map to unlock "winds", and when you've got every one of them, you're allowed to fly in this map (some winds are also unlocked through quests). A similar system could be good too. Infinite Stamina when you get all the checkpoints of the map.

23 minutes ago, Celler said:

I think this ratio could easily be changed without giving unlimited stamina. Just changing this 1/2 ratio to a 1/1 or a 0,5/1 would be largely sufficient. It currently reminds me of that shitty flying time in Aion, where you had to wait double the time you flew to go at it again... -_-"

you know 1/2 is exactly the same as 0,5/1 ? so jeah make this change ;D

I play rly much, jeah maybe too much and i never had a problem with my 20k stam. 

Just use the Windstride Points to travel faster.

There are only 2 kinds of posts in this Forum that are "Bots overall" and "Everything need to be faster or better instant" ... Dont forget u need to explore only 1 time, after that u´l only port to ur quest and finish it quick. no more long runs to next Windstride points....

Atleast unlimited sprint would result in other Problems and other complaints but, jeah noone thinks about "after" u all just want, and this NOW.

1 minute ago, TofuChicken said:

you know 1/2 is exactly the same as 0,5/1 ? so jeah make this change ;D

Woops, meant the opposite, replenishing time half the depleting time. :p

3 minutes ago, TofuChicken said:

There are only 2 kinds of posts in this Forum that are "Bots overall" and "Everything need to be faster or better instant" ... Dont forget u need to explore only 1 time, after that u´l only port to ur quest and finish it quick. no more long runs to next Windstride points....

But I like running through the zones and between the different points of a map ! I just don't like doing it "slow" ! XD

36 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I feel that things like that are just poor excuses to cover up content flaw. Sprinting everywhere at will doesn't make this game seem any larger, it just makes it tedious for a lot of players, the rest like to take their time and walk everywhere at their pace; those people are welcome to take the game all in because all they have to do is not hold shift, but people who just want to get passed the open road with no real notable landmarks just to get to the next windstride point are limited by this system.

13 minutes ago, Karurosuda said:

I feel that things like that are just poor excuses to cover up content flaw. Sprinting everywhere at will doesn't make this game seem any larger, it just makes it tedious for a lot of players, the rest like to take their time and walk everywhere at their pace; those people are welcome to take the game all in because all they have to do is not hold shift, but people who just want to get passed the open road with no real notable landmarks just to get to the next windstride point are limited by this system.

I don't mean it would make the game look bigger but it makes it more time consuming. Like I said there are other games where this kind of system is used and some games where they don't have any dash run abilities and you just have to stick with normal pace to move through even huge maps. If they won't do any changes to the system there's nothing much we can do about it other than get used to it.

10 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I don't mean it would make the game look bigger but it makes it more time consuming. Like I said there are other games where this kind of system is used and some games where they don't have any dash run abilities and you just have to stick with normal pace to move through even huge maps. If they won't do any changes to the system there's nothing much we can do about it other than get used to it.

I know what you meant, but being time consuming is the reason why it's so tedious, and added tedium outside of standard grinding is not doing this game favors unless you got the time to waste. It wouldn't even be so bad if the ratio wasn't so unbalanced and frustrating.

I'm not worried about other games, let those game be those games unless they have good systems this game could benefit from. This should be a relatively simple change for the dev team as well.

2 minutes ago, Pulmi said:

This has probably been said already but.. GIVE US MOUNTS!

I'm a lyn so.. Gon mount mmmm

The ONLY mount I would be comfortable with is probably a horse or something reasonable. I'd really hate to see this game go down the road of another MMO (that shall not be named) by an infamous korean company that is riddled with useless and outrageous mounts.

UNLIMITED or DRASTICALLY INCREASED stamina would be ideal. 

I personally hate the idea of mounts being introduced into this game as there are plenty of MMO's on the market that offer mounts. B&S brings something different to the table in terms of traveling, and confusingly enough some people are asking the devs to implement the same old traveling system that most MMO's offer (which are mounts).

I'm personally satisfied with this game offering a different form of traveling/movement. To each his/her own though...

I think it's funny how we are supposedly a great martial artist, much training, will someday probably in the story prevent the dark lord from taking over the universe etc. yet we can't run for more than 20 seconds or fly for more than 20 seconds xD

I vote for faster regen too.  Or even make it unlimited except for if pvp outfit is on or something like that... 2x or 3x regen speed when you sit still would be nice too.  With all the new level 50 zones, the bloody place is so massive i feel like i run out of stamina in 2 seconds and have to walk slo-mo across Siberia.

14 hours ago, Nogueira said:

"oh but world pvp.." it's simple, If you are using faction outfit you have limited stamina. If you are NOT using faction outfit you have unlimited stamina, any cons on this?

Not thought through. I can chase someone who wears faction gear without faction gear and change costumes into faction gear on a moments notice, while the other guy needs 5 seconds to get out of. Therefore I'd have an unfair advantage.

Which in essence is all this boils down to. Stamina is yet another balance mechanic. It is important. Deal with it.

5 hours ago, Celler said:

I think disabling sprint while in fight is a good thing. Players would be too fast and jumpy with sprint. Fights would be quite boring with that I think.

Although there's indeed improvements to make about that damn "in combat" state which triggers and un triggers really poorly...

Some exemples :

- I really often have to wait nearly 5s after a fight to be allowed to sprint again.

- The Summoner's pet seems to make this bug even more, I sometimes have to wait nearly 10s, seeing my teammates already sprinting away...

- Why the heck does fall damage trigger fight mode ???

They already allow animation cancelling, which is much more harmful to the game than that would be. I don't see why being "fast and jumpy" would even be a bad thing. The fights would probably feel a lot more fluid and intuitive. Especially with the limited block/counter/dodges that some classes have, that would be a great way for them to get out of a boss's AoE.

On ‎2‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 1:16 AM, NueHoujuu said:

I've never understood the point of run energy that depletes, you can already run through dungeons and skip what you want anyway. And in open world, what's the point of having to slow down all the time?

It's like Game Overs, I was developing a platforming game and our team decided to completely remove the Game Over and "3 lives" system because all it really does is stall the player and make them take more time just to even get back to the start of a level. We replaced it with a death counter. The player is still punished due to having to restart the level anyway.

Not to mention, between instances, we already get instant 100%, it's not consistently enforced.

-----------

This is the kind of thing a game developer does when they are thinking about how to program game physics. Gravity. Exhaustion of the player character. Etc. Not when they are thinking about what would be convenient for the audience playing the game. Our hero warrior is using magic chi power to windwalk, there ought to be a way for them to learn to do it endlessly that we can make up for this world.

And if not, at least make it recover very fast.

The point is that you learn to manage your stamina.

But yeah people like you might as well ask for unlimited HP, NCSOFT pls give it to them, so they can stop bitching.

8 minutes ago, AgentX said:

But yeah people like you might as well ask for unlimited HP, NCSOFT pls give it to them, so they can stop bitching.

Give this person a gold star! Unlimited health would be epic and if implemented I would tell all of my fiends and family to download and play B&S!

Thanks for the suggestion. You rock! ;-)

17 minutes ago, AgentX said:

The saddest part is that this would be a good idea at this point, considering most of the late-game content is unplayable by ~75% of the playerbase.

24 minutes ago, AgentX said:

The point is that needing to "manage" stamina is pointless. Imagine if the game reset you to Bamboo Village every time you die because it's ilke a Game Over and you go back to the start? Pointless mechanic that only wastes time right?

We already have much more compelling gameplay with what we actually manage during combat.

----

If you're running without faction outfit and switch to faction outfit, it should be that running before trying to immediately switch to a faction outfit forces you to wait 5s before changing into it.

Archived