Give us unlimited stamina to run.

NueHoujuu

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you press SHIFT and start running, the stamina bar decreases limiting the amount of space you can run..

In GuildWars 2 there's no mounts either, but you can increase your running speed permanently buffing yourself, works perfectly and no ones complains. 

Mounts? Well, idc about mounts, but mounts has a flat speed that would be the same as our SHIFT button, but mounts don't have a stamina bar but WHY SHOULD WE?

"but other regions..." who cares about other regions? Who cares about kr, cn, tw? This wouldn't impact the e-sports that is 100% arena.

"oh but world pvp.." it's simple, If you are using faction outfit you have limited stamina. If you are NOT using faction outfit you have unlimited stamina, any cons on this?

Facing HUGE places like silverfrost and having to wait a lot of time because you ran out of stamina is just terrible gameplay experience.. Remembers me Battlefield 2 when you could run only for a limited time, then they learned and the next games all had no stamina bar, removing that annoyance.

The stamina bar is JUST incovenience.

"oh but I spent 40g to craft the Purification Jar", well, sometimes the good things comes late. If you buy an iPhone today for $700 and the same store lower the prices after to $620, I'm sorry but you lost $80 and has to deal with it, it's bad I KNOW.

I think this would be a good thing to add as a benefit of premium. If they manage to clean things up anyway, it'd definitely put more value in it. Having a 000.0006 cd reduction doesn't really do anything as it is.

Just now, Nogueira said:

No, this is not elaborating. 

Sadly Taemek, you are failing at trolling.

Because there is nothing to elaborate, its pretty simple, the jar allows you to run for a longer amount of time, read the letter already.

7 minutes ago, Taemek said:

FFS, can we raise some legit topics that need looking in too please?

This is seriously not one of them, go buy a Purification Jar.

People can voice their opinion on whatever they want. It also doesn't exclude other things being worked on.

Just now, Taemek said:

Because there is nothing to elaborate, its pretty simple, the jar allows you to run for a longer amount of time, read the letter already.

Thanks once more for the clarification about the Jar that we all already know.

Your elaborating is that simple, run for 5 more seconds. Again Taemek, you failed at elaborating and trolling.

Just now, Nogueira said:

Thanks once more for the clarification about the Jar that we all already know.

Your elaborating is that simple, run for 5 more seconds. Again Taemek, you failed at elaborating and trolling.

I elaborated on what you were not understanding in the context of what I was referring too.

Just now, Taemek said:

I elaborated on what you were not understanding in the context of what I was referring too.

And you failed to understand what I wanna reach with my suggestion.

You fail to see the benefits behind my suggestion, to all the players, to yourself.

You don't see how cheap your suggestion is.

Instead, you come here with your loud bossy voice to tell me I know nothing and should take your cheap lazy suggestion.

You tell me to back off because there's "more important things to worry about", even with my elaborated argument about something that would improve everyone else gameplay.

But you think your opinion is the one that values more, I say this because of your laziness on elaborating a simple argument.

2 minutes ago, Nogueira said:

And you failed to understand what I wanna reach with my suggestion.

You fail to see the benefits behind my suggestion, to all the players, to yourself.

You don't see how cheap your suggestion is.

Instead, you come here with your loud bossy voice to tell me I know nothing and should take your cheap lazy suggestion.

You tell me to back off because there's "more important things to worry about", even with my elaborated argument about something that would improve everyone else gameplay.

But you think your opinion is the one that values more, I say this because of your laziness on elaborating a simple argument.

Because I don't care  for unlimited run speed when there is much more pressing issues that need dealing with.

I don't even care about it now tbh and I wouldn't care if we got it or not. Free to voice opinions and all that, right?

3 minutes ago, Taemek said:

Because I don't care  for unlimited run speed when there is much more pressing issues that need dealing with.

I don't even care about it now tbh and I wouldn't care if we got it or not. Free to voice opinions and all that, right?

I know you don't care, but don't try to silence people who cares about it.

You're too proud of yourself and pretentious that you won't admit you are wrong, because you didn't contributed with anything here.

But you are right, there's more important things to deal with, your failure is to not look at the big picture.

This was my last message for you, hope you have fun in-game.

To add to this, I think it would also be better if the sprint bar wasn't disabled when you attack or take damage. Quite often after I leave combat, it takes anywhere from 15-60 seconds for the sprint bar to become available again, instead of the usual 5 seconds. And I don't think there's any reason to disable sprint while in combat. If we're trying to run away, obviously the enemy is too strong, so may as well let us run away.

1 minute ago, Moggie said:

To add to this, I think it would also be better if the sprint bar wasn't disabled when you attack or take damage. Quite often after I leave combat, it takes anywhere from 15-60 seconds for the sprint bar to become available again, instead of the usual 5 seconds. And I don't think there's any reason to disable sprint while in combat. If we're trying to run away, obviously the enemy is too strong, so may as well let us run away.

Yeah, I am ok with that too, at least then I can fly kick everyone from ranged unlimited, unlimited knock downs would be nice.

1 minute ago, Taemek said:

Yeah, I am ok with that too, at least then I can fly kick everyone from ranged unlimited, unlimited knock downs would be nice.

Pretty sure running skills would have to take a nerf or two if that happened. Probably either remove the CC effect or give it a cooldown.

38 minutes ago, Taemek said:

um, do you mean the jar thats like , 39 gold in the market rit now. which is kind unnatainable(unless ur just rich like that) due to also having to craft and upgrade your weapons and accessories and etc?

5 minutes ago, Morcra said:

um, do you mean the jar thats like , 39 gold in the market rit now. which is kind unnatainable(unless ur just rich like that) due to also having to craft and upgrade your weapons and accessories and etc?

You know you can get upwards of 20 gold a day now right?

1 minute ago, Taemek said:

You know you can get upwards of 20 gold a day now right?

yeah, if you have the time. still doesnt change all the other extra things you need money for. either way it isnt as simple as just -get a jar-

10 minutes ago, Morcra said:

Being honest with you... Leveled my character from 45 to 50 today, made about 48g only with the dailies.

edit: sorry, 38g. 10g I already had.

Purification Jar allows you to run a LITTLE longer.  Changes your total stamina from 1500 to 2000 or something like that.  But it doesn't seem to increase how quick stamina refills so if your going a long distance (which is a LOT of the new content) your actually still limited by your bars refill time and the extra amount is practically meaningless.  Also the amount of increase for more stamina is only kind of noticeable.  I have 2 of my 5 characters with purification jar quest done.

Besides the OP is more talking about how the stupid survey asked if we want mounts in a game when mounts aren't needed.  Instead of giving us a mount that moves at or a little slower then sprint speed but all the time if your ridding it they should just make sprint not use any stamina, practically same thing as a mount and doesn't ruin the feel of the game. 

But I also agree the survey sucks because they need to fix other things first like server stability lag and bots and gold sellers.

At this point with silverfrost and it literally being wide open spaces and long roads, I believe unlimited or at the very least quickly replenishing stamina at a reasonably fast pace is in order.

To make it fair, it should be done in a quest that is only accessable in the silverfrost area, as from that point on is when you truly need to sprint unless you're planning on wasting your money to windstride everywhere; even then, sometimes that's not an option.

Sprinting Im fine with it staying as it is all the way up to moonwater plains, but once you hit silverfrost is when we should be issued unlimited sprinting stamina. If NCSoft is worried about people being able to wall run to places not intended because of it, then split the stamina values between actual windwalking and sprinting. 

Archived