Give us unlimited stamina to run.

NueHoujuu

I've never understood the point of run energy that depletes, you can already run through dungeons and skip what you want anyway. And in open world, what's the point of having to slow down all the time?

It's like Game Overs, I was developing a platforming game and our team decided to completely remove the Game Over and "3 lives" system because all it really does is stall the player and make them take more time just to even get back to the start of a level. We replaced it with a death counter. The player is still punished due to having to restart the level anyway.

Not to mention, between instances, we already get instant 100%, it's not consistently enforced.

-----------

This is the kind of thing a game developer does when they are thinking about how to program game physics. Gravity. Exhaustion of the player character. Etc. Not when they are thinking about what would be convenient for the audience playing the game. Our hero warrior is using magic chi power to windwalk, there ought to be a way for them to learn to do it endlessly that we can make up for this world.

And if not, at least make it recover very fast.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's kind of funny that that one quest only gives you... 3000 more energy. I bet it doesn't really make the bar regen faster too anyway.

Yeah, it doesn't have to be infinite per se, Runescape has a feature to sit down and gain run energy back 2x or 4x faster, granted you have to stop for like 10 seconds to do that.

Purestic's suggestion is fine though. I don't think the PvP outfit thing is necessary though.

I imagine the idea is so that PvP pursuers can catch up to you if you try to flee. In that sense, the stamina bar should deplete ONLY WHEN YOU ARE WEARING A PVP OUTFIT. Otherwise it's just a big stupid hassle for no reason. 

3 hours ago, Yeon said:

It's annoying, but what can we do about it?

We can post in the forums and ask the developers to improve the Quality of Life of their game.

1 minute ago, zehawk said:

There's no reason whatsoever to have limited Windwalking.

People would complain the world's too small then. You're just trading one problem for another.

Not to mention how many more invisible walls would have appear as a result of this.

"Oh you want to climb that mountain? Well you don't have the stamina for it." turns into "You hit your head on the air and fell down.".

Regardless of whether or not the wall is already there or not, players perceive the two very differently even if the outcome is the same.

1 hour ago, Spiderbot said:

I imagine the idea is so that PvP pursuers can catch up to you if you try to flee. In that sense, the stamina bar should deplete ONLY WHEN YOU ARE WEARING A PVP OUTFIT. Otherwise it's just a big stupid hassle for no reason. 

We can post in the forums and ask the developers to improve the Quality of Life of their game.

Okay that's a good point, I'm all for keeping the energy drain with faction equipment equipped.

54 minutes ago, Eimi said:

People would complain the world's too small then. You're just trading one problem for another.

Not to mention how many more invisible walls would have appear as a result of this.

"Oh you want to climb that mountain? Well you don't have the stamina for it." turns into "You hit your head on the air and fell down.".

Regardless of whether or not the wall is already there or not, players perceive the two very differently even if the outcome is the same.

I think it's pretty big / a good size, even if I you're windwalking as far as you can and then go through an instance portal, but that's my opinion. What makes it small is lack of secret areas, identical dungeon structures, there's nothing like houses with basements with stuff to look through. (I come from Runescape where the world is like an adventure / exploration playground for a new player, while BnS is kind of a void in terms of that).

There's already invisible walls (and kill walls) even without windwalking. Don't see the issue there. Plus it's in every game with 3D environment and something that people get complacent with very easily. (More beneficial to everyone to have the speed than to worry about mundane complaints about world size / boundary walls).

Here's an improved suggestion however.

• Unlockable super-increased run energy regen while not in-combat, and after 3-5 seconds of not windwalking - via Old Man Cho quest. Once you stop running, you have to wait 3-5 seconds for the increase regeneration, otherwise you could abuse things like glide regen easier to keep wallrunning higher and higher.
  • Unlockable infinite windwalking and waterstriding and airdiving and speed gliding via Old Man Cho quest.
  • ^ Does not include wallrunning. Wallrunning will still deplete run energy like normal. Let's just say vertical movement takes extra strength. Solves the movement that is most likely to lead people out-of-bounds. Alternatively, skip my second bullet point and just make the "at rest" regeneration much better.

yeah, the energy is annoying.

They should have made something like :

- no infinite energy in dungeon

- outside, once you are in a lets said 10m radius from a mob no more infinit energy.

+ the energy upgrade only increase the max energy, while, and imo, it should have had increase the regen speed.

Tell ya what. Go outside, jog for a bit, then take off at full sprint and see how long you can maintain it(remember there's no stamina bar.) Then jog for a littel while to see how long it take you to rebuild in order to full sprint again. After this, and probably a trip to the hospital or use of an oxygen machine,  take what you learned from that and apply it to the sprint function in-game.

7 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Tell ya what. Go outside, jog for a bit, then take off at full sprint and see how long you can maintain it(remember there's no stamina bar.) Then jog for a littel while to see how long it take you to rebuild in order to full sprint again. After this, and probably a trip to the hospital or use of an oxygen machine,  take what you learned from that and apply it to the sprint function in-game.

Did you just make a real life argument about a make believe game with make believe miniature cat people?

I'm just going to pretend this never happened.  I advise you do too.

Listen to me carefully, because I'm only going to tell you this once:  THE ANSWER TO EVERYTHING IS KUNG FU.

Why does everybody have such huge titties?!  KUNG FU!!  Why is there a real world money shop in a make believe game and where does the money go?!  KUNG FU AND KUNG FU.

5 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Are you trying to apply logic in a game where you can play as a small person with animal features with a kawaii magical cat and shoot flow petals at your foes?

5 minutes ago, Sorcerer21b said:

Sure, after I teach my cat kung-fu and learn how to block magic with my hands (or rather invent magic to be able to learn block it), I'll get right on that.

1 minute ago, Meerkat said:

Did you just make a real life argument about a make believe world with make believe miniature cat people?

I'm just going to pretend this never happened.  I advise you do too.

Yeah, I did. Mainly because I'm hoping they video it, so that I can laugh, as I watch them utterly fail to full sprint forever and end up needing medical attention.

19 hours ago, Eimi said:

The world size wouldn't change so, if it's ok now, it will also be after the change.

Invisible walls are already there and you might also notice that colisions on ramps/slopes with a certain degree of inclination already make you slide down. So there's also no issue there..

If only we had something to entertain us while we walk our way to the next objective, periodic or random events/quests, we woudn't notice so much that the stamina is short and takes too long to recover.

Something should be done to reduce the boredom of running/walking around from quest to quest. And Windstridding, as very clearly described in the website: "Windstriding is the most efficient but expensive method of travel in the game." isn't the solution.

EDIT: After reading some posts above talking about real life sprinting I would suggest that person to stop living real life in a game.

Its stupid coz you need to keep both your hands at the same place.. to get to where you wanna go and when the energy bar runs out everything is so slow... the eye perspective is too different, it hurts not just my hands but my brains too and my eyesight...ouch they should pay me back coz of this... or atleast make a potion for quick replenish of energy bar... that can be crafted and does not sell expensive on the market... press it and the bar is full no waiting... -.- provide us this!

Just had this thread in the german section.

BnS just hit NA/EU market. In asia, the main focus is PvP/e-sports. For NA/EU, PvE/environment is more in focus. So just like in other MMOs, I could imagine NCsoft is gonna make money out of windwalking like faster/functional mounts. +15.000 Stamina for $30. Or in a $2 RNG box. Higher focus/HP recovery while windwalking for $15. Dynamic dragon pulses for $20. Enough possibilities.

I cant imagine having mounts as windwalking is one of the central core elements of BnS.

Oh, and good thing I have a car in real life. No need to jog. Also my company doesn't let me windwalk with my poor stamina to London or Warsaw. I had to take the plane.

^ pls no lol. A lot of players will hate that. There are already people complaining about the current premium "being a cleverly disguised way to lock us out of things we should already start with by default".

I don't take issue with that as it is, but if they made windwalking "P2W", I really would.

• 1 month later...

There should have never been a stamina bar in the first place. You should simply be windwalking all the time when not in combat. The normal run speed is ridiculously low, and even worse when in combat where I fee like my character has completely forgotten how to use her legs. This is Aion all over again where moving around the map was made into a huge pain in the ass just because the developers hate the players. There is nothing fun about having to run at a low speed around the map. Are the developers afraid we'd see how tiny the maps are? I already see that. When it is a chore to get around the map because we can only windwalk for like 2 seconds before the stamina bar runs out, you know the devs done screwed up.

On 2/13/2016 at 2:10 PM, Sorcerer21b said:

People run marathons (26 miles completed in a little over 2 hours for an average of 4.81 minutes per mile) all the time. I ran cross country and track in high school. You can run at a fast pace for a fairly long distance if you are fit and used to running like that.

Archived