Bots want to friend me now

Dad

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accept and go to your friend list and block them from there, if you don't accept they will keep sending the invitation.

*Note: it's not a new static. It's been on since launch but only use by few gold sellers.

OMG i actually spat coffee laughing so hard....

Seriously dude... Rise of the Terminator!

They are evolving at a uber fast rate...  Soon they will be able to actively troll Misty Faction chat while spaming gold sales.  

2 minutes ago, Dad said:

Jokes aside I don't see what befriending people has to do with gold selling so why are they even considering to do so.

Just so you see the name i suppose. That incase you already think about buying gold that you will consider them first.

Just got a friend request from a bot whos name was literally buysitenamegoldnow.

Site name being a replacement for their sites name.

So this is great went from spamming to mailing now friending me oh goodie.

Psst...I was being sarcastic if that wasn't obvious.

Anywho now i will have to turn down gold sellers friend requests in addition to blocking sellers mails cause i cant delete them and then reporting the spammers in the chats who spam a message every second every time i log in to my account or any alts.

Thats fun...

I think gold spammers got a biiiit worst than Aion. Maybe if NCWest didn't allowed the special characters in chat things would be a bit more in control. Eitherway you don't "need" any special characters no matter where you are from, you can always just use the typical latin letters and be sure that people who speak your language they'll understand..... Also, special characters in names is a total bs..... 

Hello Thingy here!

I've seen the spammers in chat, that I've blocked but this is new to me.

I was just standing in Hogshead Hamlet doing my thing and 2 times in less then 2 hours a spammer tried add me to friends list.

Screenshot_160303_000.jpg

I thought this was normal, but in the chat people said they never had that happened to them, so this must be a new thing!

Well I thought maybe some people in here have seen this too.

I'm guessing they do it to not get blocked and reported, cause I could not find a report button as you can see on the friends menu as I've posted here.

Please spammers, don't pull in my hands when I'm wathing my mail and look at the market, it's not nice to force yourself on people like that!

I feel molested, leave me be!

- Thingy

I just received like 10 of these in the last hour. It began just one hour ago, I used the /block command tro block the characters (two different ones), but they keep sending Friends invitation every few minutes... ¿What type of /block and /ignore does this game have? -____-U. It's VERY annoying.

If that one starts with 'A' I've had it spam me friend requests on all characters for about a week before it stopped. I tried to manually block it but it said it didn't exist despite the fact that it kept sending me more requests.

For future ref though you can call up the friends list then click the block tab and manually type in a name if you can't click them.

Bots want fwiends. So wonewy. :'(

Seriously though, if he had an even slightly believable name, I would have clicked Accept. :D

Ethria, In another game I played, you could put a 'Wanted' on a Player and anyone killing him or her got a Gold Reward from 3 Gold up to 200 Gold. There were also Achievements for most Wanteds Placed and Collected among others. Some Players got so good at it, they could stun you, activate a Wanted and type in your name and still kill you. Players reacted by adding unusual characters to their names to slow that down. No idea why special characters are needed here though.

Michelle

Yep, that's a thing now...Never had this happen before Unchained update. Got mail from the exact same site, but no friend request.

Funny thing is - The spammer sent me another request about 20 seconds after I blocked him.

Not sure what the block function does. And GameGuard is busy catching Razer Synapse users.

ZEnS1XY.jpg

Too bad about your negative experience. This is a great distraction from enjoying the game. I Returned to B&S today to find whispers from gold spammers and friend requests from gold spammers. Gold spammers have already won general chat, as I don't go there anymore. Gold spammers are the greatest detriment to enjoying this game. I've never played an online game that was so dominated by gold spammers.

• NCSOFT

Thank you everyone for letting us know about gold sellers new advertisement method. We have let the team know about this as well as that friend requests are still persisting after blocking the player.

Archived