Forums

fps stutters are terrible after unchained update.

ReiNeith

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Guys, I've managed to fix the issue for my case. I did a few of things:

1) Updated graphics driver and restarted PC 

2) Shut down/quit Razer synapse, and checked it was dead in task manager. Apparently, as others have said, there are serious compatibility issues for Razer synapse with Gameguard.

3) Followed the post on the forums here to optimize FPS for NVidia cards 

I'm not sure what actually did it, could of been a combination of the above, but I've had a stable FPS for the last couple of hours now.

Hope this helps someone else.

1 hour ago, Bundicoot said:

Hey Guys, I've managed to fix the issue for my case. I did a few of things:

1) Updated graphics driver and restarted PC 

2) Shut down/quit Razer synapse, and checked it was dead in task manager. Apparently, as others have said, there are serious compatibility issues for Razer synapse with Gameguard.

3) Followed the post on the forums here to optimize FPS for NVidia cards 

I'm not sure what actually did it, could of been a combination of the above, but I've had a stable FPS for the last couple of hours now.

Hope this helps someone else.

I have the latest nvidea game ready driver. I dont have any razor synapse thing. Optimization also didnt help at all. Still spiking fps. Before it was stable 120.

11 hours ago, Bundicoot said:

I hope not, these are suppose to be the official forums. At least some kind of acknowledgement of the issue would be nice.

On the subject of the FPS again, I tried running the game with the "Optimized for Low-End PCs" option ticked, FPS drop rate were consistent as when set to max. It definitely seems to be an issue on their end. Just to reiterate, the game was running perfectly smooth for me, on max setting, before the patch.

There will be no support or whatsoever...
Be sure of  it.

11 hours ago, ReiNeith said:

theyre too busy defending shitty gamegaurd and the accidental bans to care. meanwhile the bots are probably running around issue free while the actual players have these ridicoulous issues

This shitty tool that do not prevent any kind of bot or whatsoever,
they're running free since day 1...

2M of players?
pure BS.

The problem persists...
Every second you got disconnected and freeze second after second..

What a joke of company.

6 hours ago, j4mm1ng said:

the possible failure is gameguard and excessive use of cpu causes stuttering audio and video

knows this true? support...

i have doubts about that. my first BnS experience is on the japanese server (which already had the warlock class). had to stop in late game because the FPS stuttering was utterly fatal to me. initially, i thought that having a localized version of BnS would eliminate that issue-- for a time that seemed to hold true. now that we have warlock in the western version of BnS, i am once again experiencing the FPS stuttering.

it's apparent that something in the post-warlock updates is causing performance issues. i hope the issue is corrected before too long.
(edit: my specs is a quad core 2.50GHz intel core i7 with an Nvidia GTX860m, for the curious. pretty sure it isn't an issue of having low specs.
not top-of-the-line, for certain, but certainly not a potato.)

All betas went fine for me. Game even worked fine at Release except some kinky lags because too many players and full servers. OK no problem.

Mushin came out and I slightly had small screenfreezes in Arena sometimes. BSH patch also lags in open world, a little bit more laggy in Arena so I stopped PvP with my Fm.

Even tho I did nothing and just moved my camera I had fps drops  now and then. Or when I was talking to some npcs.

In Arena I had lags when opponent uses skills like Q spin from destroyer I had a half second freeze or if they tag in 3v3. ect. People yelled at me for being bad because I always died :D

Now at WL patch it became even worse for me. Unplayable. All settings on ultra low... Looks shit and still crappy. Holy shit?

Dont say its Synapse, thats utter BS and you know it. Cant be the hardware. I also played other games where they had Gameguard on.

No problem - BNS release also with GameGuard - no drops. Nothing except a few lags cause too many people bla bla bla. I dont know what the hell Im doing wrong.

I started the game on a different PC at a friends house. And had the same problems.

Maybe its only on Nvidia GPU? None of my friends use ATI or AMD :S so I cannot test it.

Will open a ticket but I think I already know the answer I will get from them.

Edit: I can play lag-free with about ~105fps on cn server. I have stopped to play there because of my ping. (And that shitty Pay2Win)

Just restarted the launcher and played for 10 minutes now. Will play for some hours tomorrow but I doubt anything will change. I have asked some people there but none of them had significant errors or something like we have to face at the moment.

Edit2: Ok just in this moment I have entered Poh24 here on EU server. I'm getting really paranoid. Im playing on lowest settings with a resolution of 320x200 in windowed mode and can barely see anything. game shows me ~82 fps, fraps shows me 249 fps. Dont even know which one is lying... Killed everything from Razer.

Used strg+F to hide other people. But same issues when fighting trashmobs But not thaaaaat much this time. Only a few drops for some miliseconds.

I probably should pause this game for a few months and hopefully things will change before I hurt myself.

Edit3: Ok less issues when using windowed mode. Resolution is now 1280x720. All advanced settings on 3 except both shadow on 1.

All boxes checked. Used LEAA on maximum (4)

Mak Sobo just appeared. I soloed him till 80%. OK so far. 4 people joined.. Got a small drop for some ms at 38%. Poharan will spawn very soon. Wont use strg+F now.

Edit 4: OK counted 27 people and 18 cats plus a warlock pet kicking her ass. FPS dropped to 8-11 with strg+F I got to around 15.

Just normal lag feeling like at Blackwyrm but no freezes exceps 3 little downs at 66, 49 and 13% . Fraps shows me 188 fps... This shit tool is lying...

Edit5: Will now go to 1600*900 advanced settings changed to 5. Killed some trash, had some small freezes.

Edit6: just switched to CN server again and did some testing at poh. (Wow nobody there)

Killed Slashmi real quick had everything max, fullscreen ect. Still fine there. But got a DC (WTFast is BS sometimes)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tl;dr Anyone wants to try some settings in windowed mode to see if things getting better?

Works for me at certain cases.

Think they bugged something here. That would explain the post above.

Still having this issue.  Doesn't seem to matter what graphic settings I get.  FPS meter drops by 20 and the entire process seems to have a stutter.

Oddly enough, it seems to consistently happen when chests drop / when the banner for loot pops on screen.

Glad i'm not the only one. I figured when I dropped the settings to the least and it still lagged it was something on their end. Yesterday I was playing fine but today the game is running pretty badly. I hope they can fix it because I was really looking forward to leveling my Warlock..... :/

Having this issue as well since the latest patch.  I'm not dropping FPS, but I can see textures hitching every 5 seconds or so.  It's especially noticable with water textures.  The game ran perfect prior to the patch.

As everyone else i am too having this issue right after the Unchained patch. I had some stuttering issues at launch but was fixed when i put the game in my SSD but my fps still dropped to 20 fps when there were more than 10 players nearby but that was wonderfully fixed with their optimization patch that brought BSH. I got up to 70+ fps and still no stutters at max graphic settings when there were 20+ people around no hiding.

Now with this Unchained patch i get stutters and fps drops constantly. I can still get 60+ fps at some points but i am definitely getting less fps than before the patch and this stuttering is insane. Changing the graphic settings does not make it better at all and same for Nvidia settings and upgrading to the latest drivers.  I don't remember if this started before the tiny patch after the Unchained patch but all in all, it's bad. Just moving where my character stand makes it stutter. It never did that before. I have a bad feeling that this won't be fixed for a long time.

Edit: I have an overclocked GTX 970m if the knowledge help or matters.

Just now, ishti10 said:

'm pretty convinced its not a GFX issue, otherwise the stutter wouldn't have a 4-5 second rhythm. I think it happens when the game is checking to make sure GameGuard is still open and Gameguard runs some background check. It's probably a heavy operation and this causes the client to freeze for a small bit. They should probably be multithreading this, and if they are there multithreading code may not be working on some machines.

I tried to test my theory by closing gameguard through the task manager, and for the 6 seconds my game stayed open I had no stutter. Which makes me believe it is GameGuard running a scan that is messing up our FPS.

Np NCSoft, I got you. Give me a job offer now pls.

pls. im so frustrated. make mmos great again

Still have the stuttering issue with a 0.5s freeze every 2-4s. Doesn't matter what I do. I can watch a wall with no moving ppl/mobs and it still happens. I really hope they fix this. Now it's completely unplayable for me. I've done everything support told me to do, I think they are running out of options for me to try. They must have done something in this last unchained patch, because the game was working perfectly before that update. I am now reinstalling the game in hope that it will somehow solve this issue. I don't know what else to do.

Day 3. The Stuttering still goes on. I m having headaches after 1-2 hours of gaming sessions. I m even having stuttering issues in real life now. People on the street seem to be somehow blinking/teleporting every 4-5 seconds. Maybe its time to call it quits.

1 hour ago, Belz said:

Still have the stuttering issue with a 0.5s freeze every 2-4s. Doesn't matter what I do. I can watch a wall with no moving ppl/mobs and it still happens. I really hope they fix this. Now it's completely unplayable for me. I've done everything support told me to do, I think they are running out of options for me to try. They must have done something in this last unchained patch, because the game was working perfectly before that update. I am now reinstalling the game in hope that it will somehow solve this issue. I don't know what else to do.

Aww I really hope we get this game fixed so another nordic brother can play :)

Same here. I just upgraded my graphics card right before the patch and I was thinking there was something wrong with the new card. Hopefully there'll be a hotfix soon. 

Before the NA/EU launch, I played on a server here in Japan and was getting the same kind of micro-stuttering, so I wonder if whatever is causing it is related.

My theory on why we have gameguard again......is because of BDO >.>

gameguard allows the publishers to blacklist certain things from being able to be played when it is up, so in my thinking NCFailoft kept gameguard to prevent people from playing BDO and switching from this poorly optimized bot filled game(dun get me wrong i love to play it but when i can never break 30fps with a beast of a rig and i freeze doing most dungeons something is bad, and yes i have tried everything possible)

It's possible this post might be deleted by them for spreading truth >.>

Viva La Resistance against the gameguard

(on another note the gameguard itself could be causing the lag and stutters as well js)

Archived