Forums

fps stutters are terrible after unchained update.

ReiNeith

Made my forum profile thing specifically to reply to this topic. Ever since the patch, been getting random FPS drops from 50-60 to about 20ish on my 860m. Seems to happen at random (even if I am not moving in a low population area) and especially bad in 24 man instance boss fights or when certain bosses do their big context-dodge attacks. Really hope we can bring enough attention of this issue to NCSoft for them to acknowledge and fix this...

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just stopping by to say that I've been scratching my head these past few days trying everything I can to deal with these micro stutters and nothing seems to have any impact. I tried setting my process priority to high as the above poster said and while it did help raise fps a little the micro freezes that nearly make the game unplayable were not changed. 

8 minutes ago, saleenf5 said:

Just stopping by to say that I've been scratching my head these past few days trying everything I can to deal with these micro stutters and nothing seems to have any impact. I tried setting my process priority to high as the above poster said and while it did help raise fps a little the micro freezes that nearly make the game unplayable were not changed. 

Me and my guild also unchecked Shader Cache from NVIDIA control panel manually. Something on Reddit said that the game already has a Shader Cache in it.

Day 6. I dont even have the courage to log in and check if the stuttering is still there. It has been 3 days since their last post on Twitter. It seems like they are on vacation or something. And guess whose money they spend on their vacations, yours and mine.

16 minutes ago, AliGakoS said:

Day 6. I dont even have the courage to log in and check if the stuttering is still there. It has been 3 days since their last post on Twitter. It seems like they are on vacation or something. And guess whose money they spend on their vacations, yours and mine.

Geez. You act like they're not human with a normal working schedule that doesn't include Saturdays and Sundays. Running a 2 (or possibly less now) million player game isn't exactly a walk in the park when they don't know everything about every individual person's PC specs and how their settings are configured.

20 minutes ago, 824685_1452549976 said:

Geez. You act like they're not human with a normal working schedule that doesn't include Saturdays and Sundays. Running a 2 (or possibly less now) million player game isn't exactly a walk in the park when they don't know everything about every individual person's PC specs and how their settings are configured.

A simple "we are aware of the issue" or a "We are currently investigating" would do. I dont expect miracles. Just acknowledge the issue and let us know as well. Thats it

Better then nothing I suppose:

https://db.tt/Sp7rMbAc

It's still a copy pasted response after spending all day yesterday messing around with my machine - but I'll take it over complete radio silence.

(This thread is the one they're actively following, supposedly).

On the bright side, I ripped open my case and threw in a new CPU cooler after noticing it was running a little warm while troubleshooting.

1 hour ago, Tiraldric said:

Better then nothing I suppose:

https://db.tt/Sp7rMbAc

It's still a copy pasted response after spending all day yesterday messing around with my machine - but I'll take it over complete radio silence.

(This thread is the one they're actively following, supposedly).

Sadly, that is an automated response. I have the same exact one, three times in my on going ticket about the constant disconnects :/

I recommend sending these issues to their twitter and streams, harder to ignore there.

Well while this issue has become very problematic for a big sum of us....still no response as I asked them directly on twitter(must be ignoring it hmmm)....BDO fun? Might as well buy it if it's worth it at this rate. My hope lessens the longer the wait for a fix

3 minutes ago, GoodFridayss said:

Well while this issue has become very problematic for a big sum of us....still no response as I asked them directly on twitter(must be ignoring it hmmm)....BDO fun? Might as well buy it if it's worth it at this rate. My hope lessens the longer the wait for a fix

I had no intention of even trying BDO.

I bought it yesterday.

Even if that is an automated response, I would have gotten a bit more satisfied if I got that one instead of them blaming anything they could think of. They're not even acknowledging that this issue exists. I apologize in advance for this long post I am going to write...

This issue with the 0.5 second freezes with fps drops recurring every 2-4 seconds makes this game unplayable. I can't do any quests or anything. I've spent so much money on this game because I really love the combat. It fits me perfectly and I'm sad I cant enjoy it anymore. I've mailed with support regarding this issue since the day after the unchained patch. That's when the issue first appeared, when I started the game after the patch.

This is what I've been asked to do from support and I've done everything. It took a few hours to say the least.

1. They wanted a dxdiag report, a hijackthis report... done
2. They wanted me to hide services and disable them and to reset netsh winsock.... done
3. They wanted me to disable AVAST AV... done
4. They wanted me to change DNS to Google's and clear the cashe... done
5. They wanted me to install Speccy to see what hardware I had... done
6. They asked me about what realm I was playing on, what connection method I used, router, my internet provider, where I live, if I'm at home or on campus etc, I downloaded PingPlotter like they asked me to and played the game for 30 minutes so they could see my ping to their server... done
7. They asked me to check if ports were open or not, and asked me to set up port forwarding on my router... done
8. They asked me to update drivers of my CPU and GPU and to send them a dxdiag report again, my drivers are up to date... done
9. They asked me to repair the game installation... done
10. THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO SEND THE SAME FORM FOR ME TO FILL IN (number 6 in this list)... I told them to read the mail that I sent 22 hours ago.
11. They ask my to bypass my router and unplug it... done. There's nothing wrong with my router.
12. They are apologizing that they couldn't help me with this issue and they have the nerve to ASK ME TO CONTACT MY ISP! Like that's the problem.

I'm upset to say the least. They've treated me like an idiot and I doubt they even read the reports and mails I sent them. I've asked questions but never gotten an answer, so it's pretty obvious they don't even read them.

What's weird is this issue wasn't there before the unchained patch. I had no problems what so ever with the performance of the game before that unchained patch. No lags/freezes in arena or in the cross-server dungeons. It was smooth game play. 

I don't let any programs or windows or drivers to update without me knowing about it, so no changes were made on my computer in the period from when the game did work and after it didn't, EXCEPT updating Blade & Soul. I'm at a loss here. Their support is horrible and unprofessional. I'm sad that they ruined a game I actually enjoyed playing. I guess it was wrong of me to think that a game that has been out for years would help to secure the product's quality, but they are not taking any responsibility of the quality at all.

I have more than half a year of premium membership that I can't use now. What is to happen with those? I want my money back... T_T

1 minute ago, Belz said:

Even if that is an automated response, I would have gotten a bit more satisfied if I got that one instead of them blaming anything they could think of. They're not even acknowledging that this issue exist. I apologize in advance for this long post I am going to write...

This issue with the 0.5 second freezes with fps drops recurring every 2-4 seconds makes this game unplayable. I can't do any quests or anything. I've spent so much money on this game because I really love the combat. It fits me perfectly and I'm sad I cant enjoy it anymore. I've mailed with support regarding this issue since the day after the unchained patch. That's when the issue first appeared, when I started the game after the patch.

This is what I've been asked to do from support and I've done everything. It took a few hours to say the least.

2. They wanted me to hide services and disable them and to reset netsh winsock.... done
6. They asked me about what realm I was playing on, what connection method I used, router, my internet provider, where I live, if I'm at home or on campus etc, I downloaded PingPlotter like they asked me to and played the game for 30 minutes so they could see my ping to their server... done
7. They asked me to check if ports were open or not, and asked me to set up port forwarding on my router... done
8. They asked me to update drivers of my CPU and GPU and to send them a dxdiag report again, my drivers are up to date... done
10. THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO SEND THE SAME FORM FOR ME TO FILL IN (number 6 in this list)... I told them to read the mail that I sent 22 hours ago.
11. They ask my to bypass my router and unplug it... done. There's nothing wrong with my router.
12. They are apologizing that they couldn't help me with this issue and they have the nerve to ASK ME TO CONTACT MY ISP! Like that's the problem.

I'm upset to say the least. They've treated me like an idiot and I doubt they even read the reports and mails I sent them. I've asked questions but never gotten an answer, so it's pretty obvious they don't even read them.

What's weird is this issue wasn't there before the unchained patch. I had no problems what so ever with the performance of the game before that unchained patch. No lags/freezes in arena or in the cross-server dungeons. It was smooth game play. 

I don't let any programs or windows or drivers to update without me knowing about it, so no changes were made on my computer in the period from when the game did work and after it didn't, EXCEPT updating Blade & Soul. I'm at a loss here. Their support is horrible and unprofessional. I'm sad that they ruined a game I actually enjoyed playing. I guess it was wrong of me to think that a game that has been out for years would help to secure the product's quality, but they are not taking any responsibility of the quality at all.

I have more than half a year of premium membership that I can't use now. What is to happen with those? I want my money back... T_T

I stepped through all of that with them too.  As long as it gets us visibility to the actual devs I think it was worth the hassle, but holy shit is this annoying.  I'm in the same boat with around 6 months of premium kicking around and it's pretty frustrating.

7 minutes ago, Belz said:

Even if that is an automated response, I would have gotten a bit more satisfied if I got that one instead of them blaming anything they could think of. They're not even acknowledging that this issue exists. I apologize in advance for this long post I am going to write...

This, pretty much sums up my situation.

24 minutes ago, Belz said:

EXACT SAME EXPERIENCE!

32 minutes ago, Belz said:

Decided to not send a ticket so I wouldn't have to go through all of that knowing they wouldn't give me a solution to the problem THEY caused lol.

I was able to do Blackwyrm before the "February" Patch with 20-30FPS. NO screen freezes of 10 seconds, I didn't have freezes and lags in PoH or BsH 24 last bosses either.

Since that patch I wasn't able to participate in Blackwyrm ever, the 24mans are manageable with 2-5 FPS randomly but these are small laggs compared to Blackwyrm where I literally just freeze in place for 10 seconds, play 2 seconds, and freeze again until he kills me...

Farming Terrors and Blackwyrm is content which was blocked for me the moment they broke something in February. You can only imagine my delight when they bound an item drop for the Moonwater Soul to the terrors... They aren't doing anything in this regard, believe me. If they had any intention to change anything they would have fixed what ever they broke in February.

Have you guys ever heared that the asian versions run better? There is a better optimization already out there. They are just lazy as fk to implement it now, they will most likely implement the optimization patches in the same way, they did with china. Do you see the issue?

They HAVE a better optimized BnS in asia already. The only question is, with which patch did these come in? NA/EU we are simply running their patch shedule where they only implement the same road they did with them. Instead of putting in the work to actually get the optimization they simply let everyone play the older broken stuff until the time comes for that 1 important patch.

There is a road for them with patches, just as an example for people who understand better visually:

A__________B________C(we are here)__________D__________E__________F(Here we get the optimization)

They KNOW F is out there waiting to improve the game, but they will go through D, E first letting everyone suffer for months instead of putting the optimizations in now. They broke something in February and never cared to hotfix it back to how it was, maybe it was Gameguard beeing gone, or I don't know, but they messed something up and never cared to do anything about it.

This is why they don't say a single word, they already know about the existing fixes. How else would you explain the game running miles better on all the asian clients? These asian clients are the proove there are fixes, we simply wait for them to finally get to the content update which implements these, lazy as fk, doing things this way just leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

Honestly one of the only ways i see to fix the FPS stutters and such would be removing gameguard, it is known to cause problems in memory management and so on so forth,

but NCsoft will not get rid of it because it lets them regulate various things(such as making it impossible to have BDO up with it as you afk farm things).

Gameguard honestly does nothing to block hackers in general. Sure it will catch the lil kiddos following something they read on some forums somewhere,but for those actually knowing what they are doing they can easily bypass Crapguard(i know because Nexon used it on Combat Arms and that thing was so easy to bypass it was hilarious)

The main point of this is Crapguard is likely the cause of our problems but NCSoft will never remove it because they can regulate things, My message to NCSoft, Record a weeks worth of information with having Crapguard, then a week without Crapguard. I guarantee there will be very little difference to the spammer and hackers but a giant rise in people getting better FPS.

So Congrats NCFailsoft your Crapguard is doing one thing right...it is blocking something.....players actually being able to play....and don't give us that BS that is is something with our comps, so many different builds and set ups have been stated having problems this is not on us this is on YOU.

Archived