fps stutters are terrible after unchained update.

ReiNeith

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is honestly ridiculous. My boyfriend and a friend can't play the game AT ALL because of something in this patch. Everything was fine before the Mushin's Tower update, after that things started to get a bit difficult, occasional frame freezes but still playable after tweaking some settings, now he cannot do anything in game without freezing every 2-3 seconds.

Every other game on his system which are way more cpu and gpu intensive run absolutely fine but BnS is unplayable. Fix your game before your entire population becomes bots, or maybe you don't care because a lot of the bots have premium and are giving you money.

If this issue isn't addressed or fixed within the week I'm done with this game and it's terrible support team. It's been 4 or 5 days since this issue has come up with multiple threads and not one single reply from admin/staff. This is disgusting.

More detail on the stuttering:

Every 3 seconds (almost on the dot, it seems) I lose between a quarter of a second to a whole second of frames.  In other words, every 3 seconds my screen freezes for a period of time.  This problem did not appear until after the Warlock patch.  The stuttering has been so bad I can't even do my dailies or anything else in the game beyond crafting and chatting.

Are NCWest employees even reading these forums?  I get the strong impression that feedback matters little to them, with how rare responses seem to be.  I wonder if they're even aware of this problem, despite me noticing the same stuttering (though less impactful) going on in their streamers' game.  I've been forced to deny many friend's invitations to dungeons and other things because the game is unplayable for me and this thread has not received any attention from NCWest.

Tried filing a ticket about this issue. All I got was an automated message for three times and in the end a suggestion to disable my antivirus. Yeah, all I need is them acknowledging that something is wrong on their side. Frustrating.

4 minutes ago, 862596_1452550309 said:

wow the fps shuttering cant even play ,kinda regret buying the masterpack.

I hear you. I'm rank 10 premium and I am pretty disappointed and full of regret. I feel they should compensate us, because we cannot even play. And we know we can since we did before this patch.

Same here.  I have a very good PC that should be able to run this game smooth as f**k GTX980@1404mhz/5960X@4.4Ghz/64GBDDR4 Ram@2144mhz/Samsung950 PCIE SSD - Like 10x faster than a normal SSD such as samsung 850 pro) but noooo its running like a bag of sh*t and the response im getting is to close other programs as my PC could be overloaded or check your hardware for errors.  Well guess what NCSoft I run every other game on max settings with 100FPS+  Instead im getting FPS freezes every 3 seconds.  Having been excited to finally hit 45 and jump into arena I made 45 and quit game.  I have not touched the game in days and am already considering just downloading Black Desert and uninstalling this.  So sad really as I enjoy the pvp in this game and arena is not exactly demanding on my system but it still freezes.  I would be less upset if NCSoft were not always pointing the blame at your system or your ISP when so many report the same issue.

The game ran fine for me before the Warlock patch but with low FPS compared to my other much less powerful system GTX770/I53570k/Samsung850Pro SSD.  No idea why this is the case.  The old PC is full of crap on the system and no other games even come close to the performance on my new system except this one.  Tried reinstalling but changed nothing.

support has me disabling programs and sending them files and yada yada. i know its not me but might as well humor them. 

14 minutes ago, 853655_1452550230 said:

lol im downloading BDO atm, and see the diff on gameplay performance, BNS Disappoints me on many ways

let me know how it goes, if you say its worth the money i might get it. 

After spending most of the day trying to fix this, finally I find this thread.

lAweHxH.gif

I'll make this easy to read so there are no misunderstandings.

● I live in NA, California

● I do not have Razor/Asus.

● I do have NVIDIA
● My PC is self built, almost brand new, and significantly expensive.

● Prior to this newest patch, nothing was wrong.

● I've been playing since beta in case that matters.

● My game stutters every few seconds like many others here and in reddit and if I had not spent 4 solid hours trying to fix it myself going as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the game and other programs on my computer multiple times I would not have even known and would have continued thinking it was something on my end-which it is clearly not.

● The stuttering is getting progressively worse and making it too difficult to play

● The stuttering is most frequent in dungeons and misty woods area   although I just went to yeharas mirage and had stuttered so hard there it was like watching a slide show.

● The stuttering happens even if I am not moving (I can see everyone else's characters skipping around me)

● The stuttering happens even if I have the lowest settings possible and nothing else running on my computer

● Again, the stuttering only started after the patch along with everyone else

● If so many of your paying customers are having the exact same issue, then it cannot be their fault. This is something on your end and you need to take responsibility for it.

I don't want to hear....anything. Anything but a solution. I don't want to see any GMs/CMs any of you blaming your customers. Again. We've all spent so much time trying to fix your issue that we're tired now. Don't insult us. We're not stupid. As someone else said, we shouldn't need a degree in IT to play your video game. We've done everything we can think of.

Accept that you made a mistake and work as hard as you can to fix it. Thank you.

PS - Acknowledge your customers here in this thread too. It looks horrible to keep a silent stance about it and will only make people more frustrated and leave.

2 minutes ago, Showta said:

After spending most of the day trying to fix this, finally I find this thread.

lAweHxH.gif

I'll make this easy to read so there are no misunderstandings.

● I live in NA, California

● I do not have Razor/Asus.

● I do have NVIDIA
● My PC is self built, almost brand new, and significantly expensive.

● Prior to this newest patch, nothing was wrong.

● I've been playing since beta in case that matters.

● My game stutters every few seconds like many others here and in reddit and if I had not spent 4 solid hours trying to fix it myself going as far as uninstalling and reinstalling the game and other programs on my computer multiple times I would not have even known and would have continued thinking it was something on my end-which it is clearly not.

● The stuttering is getting progressively worse and making it too difficult to play

● The stuttering is most frequent in dungeons and misty woods area   although I just went to yeharas mirage and had stuttered so hard there it was like watching a slide show.

● The stuttering happens even if I am not moving (I can see everyone else's characters skipping around me)

● The stuttering happens even if I have the lowest settings possible and nothing else running on my computer

● Again, the stuttering only started after the patch along with everyone else

● If so many of your paying customers are having the exact same issue, then it cannot be their fault. This is something on your end and you need to take responsibility for it.

I don't want to hear....anything. Anything but a solution. I don't want to see any GMs/CMs any of you blaming your customers. Again. We've all spent so much time trying to fix your issue that we're tired now. Don't insult us. We're not stupid. As someone else said, we shouldn't need a degree in IT to play your video game. We've done everything we can think of.

Accept that you made a mistake and work as hard as you can to fix it. Thank you.

PS - Acknowledge your customers here in this thread too. It looks horrible to keep a silent stance about it and will only make people more frustrated and leave.

i  love you

I don't wanna make another post when i have already shared that i am in the same boat but i feel like i need to share this information. I have played Black Desert Online on almost all settings on max with my overclocked 970m and been getting 60+ fps. The game is very well optimized. Even with 50 people around i still have over 40 fps. Of course my card is weak compared to a stationary computer but my point is. If i can get that kind of performance in a game that has much better graphics and details than B&S then there is some issues with their optimization, especially when my performance was fine before the Unchained patch. I'm getting constant stuttering from the Unchained patch and less fps than before. It is from their side, that we all know. We know especially since this started with the Unchained patch whereas before it was fine.

Showta explained very good and simple about the situation we are in.

21 minutes ago, ManurhinMr73 said:

Any GM or MOD saying something about this problem? People are mad, just say something. Is NCSoft this bad?

Apparently yes, but hey if we reach 100 pages this thread, they might notice it.

Archived