Forums

fps stutters are terrible after unchained update.

ReiNeith

25 minutes ago, Bazroz said:

Honestly one of the only ways i see to fix the FPS stutters and such would be removing gameguard, it is known to cause problems in memory management and so on so forth,

but NCsoft will not get rid of it because it lets them regulate various things(such as making it impossible to have BDO up with it as you afk farm things).

Gameguard honestly does nothing to block hackers in general. Sure it will catch the lil kiddos following something they read on some forums somewhere,but for those actually knowing what they are doing they can easily bypass Crapguard(i know because Nexon used it on Combat Arms and that thing was so easy to bypass it was hilarious)

The main point of this is Crapguard is likely the cause of our problems but NCSoft will never remove it because they can regulate things, My message to NCSoft, Record a weeks worth of information with having Crapguard, then a week without Crapguard. I guarantee there will be very little difference to the spammer and hackers but a giant rise in people getting better FPS.

So Congrats NCFailsoft your Crapguard is doing one thing right...it is blocking something.....players actually being able to play....and don't give us that BS that is is something with our comps, so many different builds and set ups have been stated having problems this is not on us this is on YOU.

I doubt its the GameGuard as it was there from the very begining. They ruined something in game, but it will be fixed at some point, so either try to play, or just wait it out. I have a low end PC (930M, i5 5200U, 8GB Ram), and it can run the game relatively well, and I don't do blackwrym, I'd rather levelup a few chars to 45 till that "optimization" kicks in.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Crapguard is a part of it considering during the time when they took it away i was able to get more FPS but soon as it comes back they drop, it is so bad now that i can't even run 6 man dungeons without temp freezing at bosses....and my build is more than enough to handle this game. I'm saying it from experience of playing plenty of games that have used Crapguard each having problems with FPS

im back, theres a way to play this without stuttering, ive tried this before and it works well, u only need to upgrade your current windows to windows 10. i have no idea why it works well and i did some research that windows 10 has dx12 which lower windows doesnt has. 

and only if your BnS will works on w10 because i heard the other player cant play it on windows 10, for me i can play it and theres no stuttering but i went back to w8.1 because im having an internet issue on w10 and also my WTFast is getting fvcked in w10. 

thats all folks

2 minutes ago, 853655_1452550230 said:

im back, theres a way to play this without stuttering, ive tried this before and it works well, u only need to upgrade your current windows to windows 10. i have no idea why it works well and i did some research that windows 10 has dx12 which lower windows doesnt has. 

and only if your BnS will works on w10 because i heard the other player cant play it on windows 10, for me i can play it and theres no stuttering but i went back to w8.1 because im having an internet issue on w10 and also my WTFast is getting fvcked in w10. 

thats all folks

2 minutes ago, 853655_1452550230 said:

thats all folk

does not matter if win10 uses DX12 or not since the game uses DX9 the only way it would matter is if the game upgraded to DX12

Also sorry if it shows double quotes i dunno why

5 hours ago, 853655_1452550230 said:

thats all folks

OKAY SOMEHOW, upgrading to windows 10 did stop the stuttering :D

Well this is classic ncsoft I guess they keep ignoring everything, extremely bad customer service. In just a couple of days lots of people will give up and stop playing this game and they will wonder why.

Just want to let people know. Probably wont work for everyone obviously but after reading this thread i decided to download windows 10. when i first got on the game it was still just as bad. i also did something i read in a different thread about pressing alt + enter during loading screen to get into true full screen mode. the game still feels like there is something wrong. i get the stutters but only when its super crowded or i go to a new area. it usually stops for a while. its pretty annoying, but now the game is playable. hopefully they fix this whole issue but for now this has given me a way to still play the game and get my dailies done. 

The Stutters *cricket*ed me up.

So u just used the windows 8.1 Upgrade Function to get to Windows 10.

And for some reason i dont know why no Stutters no FPS drops game runs Smooth like hell.

and the best thinig i still got my games becouse of the upgrade Function

Upgrade to W10 for this game! *cricket* that. I rather stop playing B&S completely and continue to stay with my crappy W8.1. Preserving my privacy and freedom is far more important than being able to play a game NCsoft clearly *cricket*ed up and have the responsibility to fix. Everything was fine before the patch. No one should be forced to change OS they don't want just to be able to play a game that should work fine on W7 and W8/8.1. Shame on me for wanting to play a game that should work fine on my computer i guess. Good that those who has no issues with W10 can now have another reason to get it since the game is apparently better optimized for W10 than the other.

I have the same problems. I can't remember in what thread I found a temporary solution but at least I can do the daily's with this.

1) Enter the game.

2) Open Task Manager as administrator.

3) Go to Processes(Windows 7) , Details(Windows 10) and search for Client.exe.

4) Right Click on Client.exe --> Set affinity and select only one CPU.

Since this new patch, my entire PC freezes because of Gameguard.This never happened before and Marketplace in game takes forever to load.

You really need to do something about Gameguard !!

I tweeted the OPS account and linked to this thread and this is the reply I got: 

"@pickledberri Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately at this time, I don't have any further information on this subject."

As I roll my eyes so far back into my skull that I hear cricket noises...

1 hour ago, PicklePunk said:

I tweeted the OPS account and linked to this thread and this is the reply I got: 

"@pickledberri Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately at this time, I don't have any further information on this subject."

As I roll my eyes so far back into my skull that I hear cricket noises...

What a joke, i got the exact same, copied and pasted answer on Twitter Ops.

It's probably not the case for everyone, but I was getting unusual stutters if I didn't do a clean installation of new drivers. Might sound insignificant, but you can try it if you haven't done it yet, who knows. Besides, Nvidia did release an update on the day before the Warlock patch.

2 hours ago, Negahawa said:

It's probably not the case for everyone, but I was getting unusual stutters if I didn't do a clean installation of new drivers. Might sound insignificant, but you can try it if you haven't done it yet, who knows. Besides, Nvidia did release an update on the day before the Warlock patch.

what a beautiful creature you are.

I feel sorry i will have to delete the game. every other game out there i get 150 fps... here i get 25... at most.. something is horribly wrong with it.

P.S the marketplace for some players doesnt work.  on Twin Wagon 

Archived