Put Relevant Stuff on HongMoon Store

ROMP

7 hours ago, ROMP said:

It is players like you that makes MMORPG go broke.. they need to pay developers and investors... it is paying customers like us that keep the game up for people like you to grind.

It's actually users like you that kill player-base, from what I've seen. People who whine to be able to throw money at a game to be equal with the person who put in 10x the amount of time. As said before, there are games that are designed to not be such a time-sink. MMORPGs are known to be the game type which takes the longest amount of time. There are other ways for a company to make money: Cosmetics, Membership.

Runescape, the game I played for a decade and which was one of the most popular MMOs for years survived off of $5 a month membership. It just had a player-base of hundreds of thousands. I understand you want to advance within that finite amount of time, but that's where RNG comes in. You can run a dungeon and get the necessary item in 10 minutes, or 5 hours. As for money, there are ways to make it, I'm sure. Dailies are one way. Merchanting is another. Hunting can make a bit of money.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, ROMP said:

It is players like you that makes MMORPG go broke.. they need to pay developers and investors... it is paying customers like us that keep the game up for people like you to grind.

You don't understand. I myself have little time windows to play the game. But MMORPG has to be a time sink by definition. Even if devs were most altruistic bunch to the point of self-destruction, it would STILL have to be a huge time sink.

The point is, the game area or whatever we should call it, of a mmorpg is ONGOING. That means that at any given time, there needs to be a minimum number of players CIRCULATING through the game world. That is something other games don't worry about, as their gameplay consists of small fragmented instanced matches, so all they need is a large playerbase of which only one small part is online at any given time and MM will do the rest.

MMORPG needs players who craft, run dungeons, do dailies, hunt field bosses, run around ambushing others etc. in order for the system to work. A spontaneous field boss fight is possible because bunch of people are farming that boss and are forced to farm it for xyz amount of time. So that when you go there to farm too, they help you with their numbers even though you aren't partied or anything. The same goes for you. Those who did their "sentence" move on and new players arrive, while you are in the middle and still being with ~10 people even though they aren't the same 10 people. But it's enough to reliably down the boss and grind efficiently even though you aren't an organized clan etc.

That's why materials, outfits and weapons are strategically placed in areas which players need to repeatedly frequent. For example, tomb of exiles, which you'll do on lvl45 again because you would need materials from it. Or soulstones, which you need from faction dailies, thus keeping lots of people around a faction camp area, which in turn produces inevitable skirmishes and RETENTION of players in that PARTICULAR AREA - which keeps the area CONSISTENTLY POPULATED - which is important for a game with a setting in the form of a game world and not in the form of the main menu. It's the most important thing to have in a mmorpg. Also, those players who prefer the economy side, they will sit in towns all day and buy/sell. And so on and so forth, there needs to be a population (in a real sense, not in a one-shot match based game) for the game to even exist.

I understand the frustration, but you are asking for a paradox. Something like quake or lol or battlefield etc, that doesn't require any of these things. MMORPG's require you to BE THERE consistently and for as long as possible, to be one of those people who run around and do things IN THE GAME WORLD.

That's why you have something as daily dash for example.

3 hours ago, Eckin said:

I believe its a bad move to add stuff like that, but as @Cesura said, Currency Exchange will solve your problems without going the "P2W" route.

I just hope it would come out faster.

This.

I understand why Currency Exchange was not released at beginning. Because at that moment economy is not exactly stable, people have not yet figured out the importance and rarity of things and how they should be priced. And everyone was wildly leveling up and gearing up. If it was released the demand for gold will actually higher than the demand from Hongmoon Coin.

But now, things are much more stable, yes people are gearing up for mushin too, but most have figured out how to get the component for upgrade and how rare/valuable they are. 

Lets face it, the demand for Hongmoon Coin depended on what outfit available in store, because premium can't be bought using Hongmoon Coin. Right now, we have the (still in debate) overpriced valentine bundle. This mean unlike at start the demand for Hongmoon coin is probably way higher than the demand for gold. People that wanted to get easy gold like OP will enjoy this situation. 

2 minutes ago, Rief said:

This.

I understand why Currency Exchange was not released at beginning. Because at that moment economy is not exactly stable, people have not yet figured out the importance and rarity of things and how they should be priced. And everyone was wildly leveling up and gearing up. If it was released the demand for gold will actually higher than the demand from Ncoin.

But now, things are much more stable, yes people are gearing up for mushin too, but most have figured out how to get the component for upgrade and how rare/valuable they are. 

Lets face it, the demand for Hongmoon Coin depended on what outfit available in store, because premium can't be bought using Ncoin. Right now, we have the (still in debate) overpriced valentine bundle. This mean unlike at start the demand for Ncoin is probably way higher than the demand for gold. People that wanted to get easy gold like OP will enjoy this situation. 

Is the valentine bundle actually available in HM coin?

29 minutes ago, Lock6 said:

Greetings Everyone,

Please remember that everyone will have different ideas of what should be in the Hongmoon Store, and that everyone's feedback is valuable to us.

We like to see discussion on this topic, but we can't allow these discussions to dissolve into personal arguments.

Thanks

^^

Can you guys come clean up the post your character thread? Please?

Honestly I don't think anything that can be gotten in game through effort should be put in to the hongmoon store as it would create a great deal of laziness and elitism between those who choose to buy and those who choose to work for things.

MMO games by their nature require time no matter how casual the game is, but most things can be done in a few days tops generally so making it something that you can just pay real money for and skip would be unnecessary.. not to mention the fact that some people who have already done the work would be more than a little upset when suddenly its something that can be skipped entirely, I've seen it happen  (ffxi, ffxiv, swtor, wow, lotro just for a few examples had this happen a number of times) 

Not everyone can afford to pay for things like that either so it would be unfair to give people throwing money such an unfair advantage over players that cannot. 

Then there are glamor addicts like me who toss paychecks at glamor items like outfits and hairstyles.. and weapon skins... and accessories... no additional temptations please

6 hours ago, ROMP said:

what is wrong in asking the team to just put all these items on the hoongmoon store? I have 2 kids to take care of, a sick wife who cant move and a small business to run. I don't think grinding everyday is fun whereby I could be just enjoying the game and its luscious content.

What you're asking is effecting everyone else and causing them problems because you might not have time to put in game to keep up with players.

Lets get straight everyone lives their lives how they want. You've decided to get kids / have wife and so on. Dont expect to get play games at same level those who have not make such things with their lives.

What you're asking now is p2w model and effects all players. If they sold materials through hstore it would automaticly cut progression by 99% and top of that it would ruin economy causing players who dont want to put cash hstore have huge disadvantage over players who are using their money to buy progression / items.

For me those rng boxes were bad enough and if i see something similar in store im uninstalling game just because why should someone who does not want to put effort on this game have same stuff as i do? Im spending my game time effectively making money and getting stuff what i need. I feel rewarded after im done with upgrades and if i see ppl getting same stuff from store / without any effort i rather go and take my money to other company.

And you guys are getting currency exchange at some point so spend your money there. Currency exchange is completely diffrent than ncsoft directly selling items / materials. Exchange does not generate new stuff to game and players are more in control. Somewhat im fine with this but still hate it.

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Don't feel entitled just cause you spend money on the game. That doesn't make you any better than players who don't. 

I am a working professional too. But guess what in 1h of playtime each day I manage to make 9g from dailies. That's poh+bsh+mushin tower. Put some effort into it and don't be lazy.

I really want to know how you are doing all these 3 in ONE FKING HOUR? Are you kidding me???

6 minutes ago, naBstaer said:

I really want to know how you are doing all these 3 in ONE FKING HOUR? Are you kidding me???

i go in with a group, which means we dont have to wait crazy times for people to come so bosses can be killed :)

Good organisation is all you need  ^^

And mushin tower takes me approx 10 min maybe less. Goes really fast.

10 hours ago, ROMP said:

Playing Blade and soul was great and the experience is wonderful.... till you hit the part where you need to upgrade your weapons and accessories. This is the part where it really pisses me off and I am sure some players are too.. We are working professionals and we barely have time to play the game let alone farm gold and mats for crafting.

Things like moonwater transformation stone and whatever mats required to upgrade cost a stupid amount of gold in game!.. I would rather pay real money and just get it over with. but it is not in the hongmoon store for purchase. Things like purification jar cost 30 gold? Moonwater transformation stone cost 5 gold each? Things like soulstone have to be farmed every freaking day in arena? I mean WTF?! I would like to enjoy the game. But these kind of lock down on purchasing necessary mats to upgrade is plain stupid and if nothing is done for the next week, I will quit and I am sure some of my friends too will quit.

Those of you who wants to bash me for my statement go ahead. We don't have the time to grind and farm stuff as we have a real life. And we sure as hell ain't going to go through these kind of frustrations on a game. Just like any other NCsoft games I have played, I have quit because of stupid mechanics. I hope blade and soul wont be one of those games that pushes us working professionals to move on to other games.

29 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

i go in with a group, which means we dont have to wait crazy times for people to come so bosses can be killed :)

While I assumed a bit it was like that - and of course, there's nothing wrong with that - I was amazed at the speed too and wanted to hear the answer. If you say "me" or "I", it's not incorrect, but it is a bit misleading, because one automatically assumes that you log in and go do dailies, through cross-server or solo or other similar means. If you said "we", I wouldn't be surprised at the 1hour mark:)

2 minutes ago, Asuka said:

While I assumed a bit it was like that - and of course, there's nothing wrong with that - I was amazed at the speed too and wanted to hear the answer. If you say "me" or "I", it's not incorrect, but it is a bit misleading, because one automatically assumes that you log in and go do dailies, through cross-server or solo or other similar means. If you said "we", I wouldn't be surprised at the 1hour mark:)

ooh sorry :) but yeah it goes way faster that way, since i come home rather late from work, then i have a total of 4h to play during the week. So i have friends and clan members who dont mind waiting for me and once i get home its off to wreck monsters :)

I never have luck with friends and being interested at the same games at the same times lol. I have one friend playing bns and he's lvl25 so far (started at the beginning), so yeah:)

As for clans, I was never a clan person - a reason I went to bns as it was (kinda) advertised as "only sky is the limit" even for loners, with mushin tower, cross server lfg etc. So I am a bit jaded looking at organized clans lol. And not only because organization helps so much, but because there are very significant clan perks (talk about upgrades and crafting) - which is fine, but again, I rushed to bns precisely because it advertised all the playstyles (solo, pve, pvp), but in the end, it's not that different from any other mmorpg in that regard:(

12 hours ago, ROMP said:

Playing Blade and soul was great and the experience is wonderful.... till you hit the part where you need to upgrade your weapons and accessories. This is the part where it really pisses me off and I am sure some players are too.. We are working professionals and we barely have time to play the game let alone farm gold and mats for crafting.

Things like moonwater transformation stone and whatever mats required to upgrade cost a stupid amount of gold in game!.. I would rather pay real money and just get it over with. but it is not in the hongmoon store for purchase. Things like purification jar cost 30 gold? Moonwater transformation stone cost 5 gold each? Things like soulstone have to be farmed every freaking day in arena? I mean WTF?! I would like to enjoy the game. But these kind of lock down on purchasing necessary mats to upgrade is plain stupid and if nothing is done for the next week, I will quit and I am sure some of my friends too will quit.

Those of you who wants to bash me for my statement go ahead. We don't have the time to grind and farm stuff as we have a real life. And we sure as hell ain't going to go through these kind of frustrations on a game. Just like any other NCsoft games I have played, I have quit because of stupid mechanics. I hope blade and soul wont be one of those games that pushes us working professionals to move on to other games.

Hi, I fully understand your frustration, mine are similar though I would blame the trend and not the store or the devs.

That is to say eastern games - and their players, be that China, Korea or anywhere in that region - appear to prefer a different level of difficulty than those in the western hemisphere. 

Patience is advised, and please do not take this the wrong way, but Pay-To-Win is what I believe you suggest, and do mind that those among us who are students or live in less fortunate regions would like to be equal at least in a game, since nowhere else.

"Man I sure am glad no game-breaking items are available in the cash shop, P2W is a terrible model for games!"

*Gets to the point where you need Moonwater Stones to upgrade and enhance your weapon*

"Why can't I just throw money at this problem to make my gear stronger?! I don't have time to play the game normally!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

till you hit the part where you need to upgrade your weapons and accessories. This is the part where it really pisses me off and I am sure some players are too.. We are working professionals and we barely have time to play the game let alone farm gold and mats for crafting.

Guess MMO's aren't for you. That kinda sucks :< 

NO! I like the shop being about cosmetics mainly!

I go to work/school/crossfit/study/friends and still have time to get gold....

Now some days I may not log on because I'm dead beat, but yet I still am able to grind on days I can while having fun.

And before you say I'm f2p I'm lvl 9 prem.... soooooooo I spend a fair amount of cash on here

The OP's opinion counts as much as you other guys, keep that in mind. Whatever you say, if NCSOFT decides to do that, then it won't matter what you guys say. Same goes if the team doesn't put it in Hongmoon store.

Archived