Forums

Put Relevant Stuff on HongMoon Store

ROMP

Playing Blade and soul was great and the experience is wonderful.... till you hit the part where you need to upgrade your weapons and accessories. This is the part where it really pisses me off and I am sure some players are too.. We are working professionals and we barely have time to play the game let alone farm gold and mats for crafting.

Things like moonwater transformation stone and whatever mats required to upgrade cost a stupid amount of gold in game!.. I would rather pay real money and just get it over with. but it is not in the hongmoon store for purchase. Things like purification jar cost 30 gold? Moonwater transformation stone cost 5 gold each? Things like soulstone have to be farmed every freaking day in arena? I mean WTF?! I would like to enjoy the game. But these kind of lock down on purchasing necessary mats to upgrade is plain stupid and if nothing is done for the next week, I will quit and I am sure some of my friends too will quit.

Those of you who wants to bash me for my statement go ahead. We don't have the time to grind and farm stuff as we have a real life. And we sure as hell ain't going to go through these kind of frustrations on a game. Just like any other NCsoft games I have played, I have quit because of stupid mechanics. I hope blade and soul wont be one of those games that pushes us working professionals to move on to other games.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Fantality said:

Go play single player games, mobas, etc. Anything but MMORPG. Everyone knows MMORPG is a huge time-sink game model. 

It is players like you that makes MMORPG go broke.. they need to pay developers and investors... it is paying customers like us that keep the game up for people like you to grind.

3 minutes ago, ROMP said:

It is players like you that makes MMORPG go broke.. they need to pay developers and investors... it is paying customers like us that keep the game up for people like you to grind.

Don't feel entitled just cause you spend money on the game. That doesn't make you any better than players who don't. 

I am a working professional too. But guess what in 1h of playtime each day I manage to make 9g from dailies. That's poh+bsh+mushin tower. Put some effort into it and don't be lazy.

10 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Don't feel entitled just cause you spend money on the game. That doesn't make you any better than players who don't. 

I am a working professional too. But guess what in 1h of playtime each day I manage to make 9g from dailies. That's poh+bsh+mushin tower. Put some effort into it and don't be lazy.

what is wrong in asking the team to just put all these items on the hoongmoon store? I have 2 kids to take care of, a sick wife who cant move and a small business to run. I don't think grinding everyday is fun whereby I could be just enjoying the game and its luscious content.

28 minutes ago, ROMP said:

Whats with all the hostility? Do you have any proof I am not a paying customer? No, yet you go off shooting bullets in the sky feeling all high and mighty.

It is true MMORPG's are the most time consuming game model out there. Does this fact mentally irritate you? Because it sure seems like it.

If you want to bypass all the grinding, go buy shit in hongmoon store and sell for gold. Such easy solution yet so oblivious to you.

3 hours ago, ROMP said:

Playing Blade and soul was great and the experience is wonderful.... till you hit the part where you need to upgrade your weapons and accessories. This is the part where it really pisses me off and I am sure some players are too.. We are working professionals and we barely have time to play the game let alone farm gold and mats for crafting.

Things like moonwater transformation stone and whatever mats required to upgrade cost a stupid amount of gold in game!.. I would rather pay real money and just get it over with. but it is not in the hongmoon store for purchase. Things like purification jar cost 30 gold? Moonwater transformation stone cost 5 gold each? Things like soulstone have to be farmed every freaking day in arena? I mean WTF?! I would like to enjoy the game. But these kind of lock down on purchasing necessary mats to upgrade is plain stupid and if nothing is done for the next week, I will quit and I am sure some of my friends too will quit.

Those of you who wants to bash me for my statement go ahead. We don't have the time to grind and farm stuff as we have a real life. And we sure as hell ain't going to go through these kind of frustrations on a game. Just like any other NCsoft games I have played, I have quit because of stupid mechanics. I hope blade and soul wont be one of those games that pushes us working professionals to move on to other games.

I play 4 hours or less a day and i still have time to do MOST of it, gold farming is a *cricket* though. 

I'm sorry but I don't agree with putting these items in the cash store. Why you might ask? That is the first step in P2W and I will NOT play this game if it goes towards that model. I hate PvP with a passion and as a result i am stuck at not upgrading due to needing the soulstones. But guess what... with the new patch, all these avid PvP'ers will be getting soulstone pouches and as a result the market for them will slowly start coming down to reasonable levels. From what i've heard in the eastern versions they are dirt cheap, like 1-2 silver each. Just give it time. There is no need to rush and be fully geared and bored of the game within a week.

You'll basically get your wish once the currency exchange goes live. You'll literally be able to sell Ncoins straight to gold, and players who grind stupid amounts of gold can then buy hongmoon coins with them. 

Assuming it works kind of like the gem exchange is Guild Wars 2 (Only other MMO I played with a direct currency exchange for cash shop currency, there the exchange rate is adjusted via supply/demand) then it's actually not too bad a system. While it sorta gives players with a lot of real money to burn a head start that feels kind of like pay to win, the flipside is that free players with way too much time to grind then are able to get cash shop stuff for zero real dollars, so that's a win/win sort of system.

48 minutes ago, ROMP said:

Actually no. 

What make developer and investor go broke is when their game failed. It usually happened when the MMORPG no longer have enough player base to keep the game fun.

Read this. You see this ?

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

In case you don;t understand, it a simple statement that what NCSoft consider very valuable are not "common garden variety paying customer" but the Whales, people that's willing to spend 1500+ USD to get to Rank 10.

These kind of people don't babble about hard working or have no time or whatever. They simply spend.

Don;t get me wrong, I'm common garden variety paying customer. I use premium even now, but it stuck in my craw when people acting high sprouting non sensical like plebs or whatever.

It's like someone saying "I'm a nobility because i got 3 pigs while my plebeian neighbours got only 2 goats each". 

Absolutely not.

Having those items in hstore would destroy economy even more and make professions more useless than they're now.

They already promised that hstore would never contain any p2w elements and able to skip 99% of work for upgrading items makes its more than enough p2w just because it takes hours and hours work to accomplishe something.

Also they were planning releasein currency exchange at some point which is 100000000x times better option than what you're suggesting just because they dont generate new materials to game and cause huge impact to players who refuse to sink any cash to this game.

I can do 30-200gs per day with luck and few hours of playing game so whats ur problem with making money? being too lazy? Not interested to find how to make money?

46 minutes ago, OmniBlade said:

I'm sorry but I don't agree with putting these items in the cash store. Why you might ask? That is the first step in P2W and I will NOT play this game if it goes towards that model. I hate PvP with a passion and as a result i am stuck at not upgrading due to needing the soulstones. But guess what... with the new patch, all these avid PvP'ers will be getting soulstone pouches and as a result the market for them will slowly start coming down to reasonable levels. From what i've heard in the eastern versions they are dirt cheap, like 1-2 silver each. Just give it time. There is no need to rush and be fully geared and bored of the game within a week.

Those items were already in the cash shop at one point in time, via the Winter Frenzy Chest (heavy RNG involved, but the loot list included sstones and MWT stones)

2 hours ago, ROMP said:

what is wrong in asking the team to just put all these items on the hoongmoon store? I have 2 kids to take care of, a sick wife who cant move and a small business to run. I don't think grinding everyday is fun whereby I could be just enjoying the game and its luscious content.

To make one thing clear: this is not meant to attack you in any way tho it may sound a bit rude but:

Do not make the game / publisher accomodate for the shortcommings because of your personal life.

We all have a life out there and all have our own jobs / family's / businesses and we make it work.

And with all due respect, by doing the dailies just once you can already afford a transformation stone since they cost like 4-4.5g each, but dont expect them to change things just because you cant manage to have more time due to real life.

If they would do so i would have a whole list what they should change just so i can get more benefit from it.

1 hour ago, Grevier said:

There's nothing more relevant than gurls buying Pure White <3

*Guys on girl characters buying Pure White.

Hue.

5 hours ago, ROMP said:

I already didn't agree with the post from the start but this here is pretty offensive just from the second sentence. Since it basically assumes the people who actually have upgraded gears and such don't have a real life compared to you.

Manage your time better while on this game. You're able to make enough money to easily upgrade your items if you actually do your dailies.

Have a short amount of time of about an hour or two? Find the dailies that give you the highest pay out then find the fastest route in finishing those said dailies.

Simple as that.

What you are asking is for them to put the progression bottlenecks that are meant to keep you playing the game into the shop thus removing them. I want you to answer honestly here. Would you run the same dungeons every single day if there was nothing you got out of running them. For example would you run the four top blue dungeons if players just bought moonwater stones instead of going for the recipe? Would you run dailies to get money when there is nothing to spend it on? The items you are talking about are what make crafting relevant and make running repetitive content meaningful. 

Play the game to advance your character, don't try to wave your magical money card around to solve the issue, what would keep you if you had nothing to work for.

I get that it is frustrating because it seems like a lot of work, but its less then 1 full days worth of dailies per moonwater stone.

There is no rush to max out your character, Play the game a little bit at a time, Even if it takes you longer, dedicate the time you want to the game and enjoy an MMO for what it is meant to be. A series of trials that progress a character little by little.

3 hours ago, ROMP said:

It's people like YOU that have ruined the MMO industry. People like YOU are why MMOs are nothing but 2 days maxed to end game and then everything is handed to you.

MMORPGS are time sinks, they are games that require work, effort and grind. Who cares if YOU don't have time, why are you playing a genre of game with the key feature, grinding, something you don't like? MMORPGS aren't for you.
You decided to have 2 kids.
You decided to have a wife.
You decided to still play MMORPGs when you have very little time.

4 minutes ago, Faedden said:

It's people like YOU that have ruined the MMO industry. People like YOU are why MMOs are nothing but 2 days maxed to end game and then everything is handed to you.

MMORPGS are time sinks, they are games that require work, effort and grind. Who cares if YOU don't have time, why are you playing a genre of game with the key feature, grinding, something you don't like? MMORPGS aren't for you.
You decided to have 2 kids.
You decided to have a wife.
You decided to still play MMORPGs when you have very little time.

With respect this is more negative and targeting the individual for sharing their opinions then actually discussing the topic. 

There is no reason to attack a person for posting on the forums, let's be civil and debate the topic. You mentioned a good example such as the MMO genre being focused on the concept of grinding as a time sink. I agree with that

5 minutes ago, Yui said:

With respect this is more negative and targeting the individual for sharing their opinions then actually discussing the topic. 

There is no reason to attack a person for posting on the forums, let's be civil and debate the topic. You mentioned a good example such as the MMO genre being focused on the concept of grinding as a time sink. I agree with that

It was actually in response to one of his earlier comments about how other people (he thought someone was a f2p player) are ruining the game. It was also in reference to him talking about how he doesn't have time and he doesn't like grinding. (Trying to do multiple quotes and even just quoting the right thing seems almost impossible in this buggy forum)

Those were his reasons as to why said items should be on the forum, I just simply stated why his reasons are irrelevant and all choices he made. You basically can't ask a company/genre of something to change for you because your life changed. 

>His point
>His reasons as to how he came to his point
>Me countering his reasons.

That's usually how convos go.

6 hours ago, ROMP said:

Who is us? Who is we?

However, i got big news for you, people playing this game, also have a real life and work and are able to easily make money ingame, including me.

We think you should probably consider quitting the game because you have to put time and effort into the game. Its an MMOrpg, it has its own ingame economy. Its just like RL

you work for your stuff and you can make money, and guess what, there are also Poor people and rich people ingame.

"... if nothing is done for the next week, I will quit and I am sure some of my friends too will quit. "

Go ahead, good bye and have a nice life. We will miss you, prolly not, but we are certain that you will go on in another mmorpg with the same nonsense bs squwap that you left here.

There is really nothing more to say

• NCSOFT

Greetings Everyone,

Please remember that everyone will have different ideas of what should be in the Hongmoon Store, and that everyone's feedback is valuable to us.

We like to see discussion on this topic, but we can't allow these discussions to dissolve into personal arguments.

Thanks

Archived