Put Relevant Stuff on HongMoon Store

ROMP

13 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Don't feel entitled just cause you spend money on the game. That doesn't make you any better than players who don't. 

I am a working professional too. But guess what in 1h of playtime each day I manage to make 9g from dailies. That's poh+bsh+mushin tower. Put some effort into it and don't be lazy.

That's not one hour.

Stop lying.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, ROMP said:

Playing Blade and soul was great and the experience is wonderful.... till you hit the part where you need to upgrade your weapons and accessories. This is the part where it really pisses me off and I am sure some players are too.. We are working professionals and we barely have time to play the game let alone farm gold and mats for crafting.

Things like moonwater transformation stone and whatever mats required to upgrade cost a stupid amount of gold in game!.. I would rather pay real money and just get it over with. but it is not in the hongmoon store for purchase. Things like purification jar cost 30 gold? Moonwater transformation stone cost 5 gold each? Things like soulstone have to be farmed every freaking day in arena? I mean WTF?! I would like to enjoy the game. But these kind of lock down on purchasing necessary mats to upgrade is plain stupid and if nothing is done for the next week, I will quit and I am sure some of my friends too will quit.

Those of you who wants to bash me for my statement go ahead. We don't have the time to grind and farm stuff as we have a real life. And we sure as hell ain't going to go through these kind of frustrations on a game. Just like any other NCsoft games I have played, I have quit because of stupid mechanics. I hope blade and soul wont be one of those games that pushes us working professionals to move on to other games.

I on the other hand, as a non paying player (not yet anyway, not sure it's worth it), am extremely happy that paying players don't get that much of an advantage as being able to buy power ups with real money. To each his own, you can get gem hammers from the shop, I can only buy them from marketplace.

2 hours ago, CtrlAltDesign said:

That's not one hour.

Stop lying.

If you have an organized group and already have some upgrades for solo content, it can take only one hour, if you go crossworld for dungeons instead... well then one hour may not be enough for the harder dungeons/bosses, with setbacks and people leaving at the first hardships XD

19 hours ago, ROMP said:

Playing Blade and soul was great and the experience is wonderful.... till you hit the part where you need to upgrade your weapons and accessories. This is the part where it really pisses me off and I am sure some players are too.. We are working professionals and we barely have time to play the game let alone farm gold and mats for crafting.

Things like moonwater transformation stone and whatever mats required to upgrade cost a stupid amount of gold in game!.. I would rather pay real money and just get it over with. but it is not in the hongmoon store for purchase. Things like purification jar cost 30 gold? Moonwater transformation stone cost 5 gold each? Things like soulstone have to be farmed every freaking day in arena? I mean WTF?! I would like to enjoy the game. But these kind of lock down on purchasing necessary mats to upgrade is plain stupid and if nothing is done for the next week, I will quit and I am sure some of my friends too will quit.

Those of you who wants to bash me for my statement go ahead. We don't have the time to grind and farm stuff as we have a real life. And we sure as hell ain't going to go through these kind of frustrations on a game. Just like any other NCsoft games I have played, I have quit because of stupid mechanics. I hope blade and soul wont be one of those games that pushes us working professionals to move on to other games.

It sounds as though you're saying that you don't like to play MMOs where you have to earn your level and gear and that you would rather just purchase a max-level character and purchase max-stat gear. What exactly is the point of playing if you are just going to bypass the game and buy everything? The point of MMOs is to progress your character(s) through challenges of ever-increasing difficulty in order to achieve greater results. Part of that challenge is that it takes time, and luck, to get some of the best items the game has to offer. Be grateful that you aren't playing in the heyday of MMOs that required monthly subscriptions and where reaching max level could take many months if not well over a year or two. In many of those games getting top-quality gear could take months of endless tries and "rolls of the dice" to get. By comparison B&S makes it very easy to get what you really want as long as you put in the time here and there. It's not as though you're required to play for eight hours straight.

Offering every upgrade item for sale with real-world money leads to an inevitable "pay to win" scenario where people with the most disposable income dominate the game. Earning through game play may give an early advantage to people with more free time but it still allows those with less time to eventually catch up if they are patient, persistent. You can still farm and grind, it'll just take you a bit longer to get to the end-game. 

I don't have much money or time to spend in this game and I probably won't ever have the very best gear, but I am persistent and enjoying the challenges along the way. I'm definitely happy with what I have accomplished thus far. 

Given your attitude regarding your circumstances (which are certainly not unique) perhaps your time would be better spent playing a single-player RPG and just use cheat codes to get to maximum level with all best gear. If you aren't enjoying the mechanics of Blade & Soul, which are essentially the same as any other MMO, then perhaps the MMO genre is just not an ideal use of your extremely free time.

I'm grateful that you can't buy everything you need to "win" the game. MMOs are about the journey, not the destination. 

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Don't feel entitled just cause you spend money on the game. That doesn't make you any better than players who don't. 

I am a working professional too. But guess what in 1h of playtime each day I manage to make 9g from dailies. That's poh+bsh+mushin tower. Put some effort into it and don't be lazy.

Yea i seriously doubt you do Poh+bsh+mushin in 1 hour and that gives u 9 gold... U overexaturate with the gold u are getting underexaturate the time u are spending big time.

If it's going to net them a good profit, short and long term, NCSoft will do it. The costs of implementing it and putting MWTS on the cash store are fairly low. They are a business, and they're here to make money.

It's more of a convenience than a true P2W. Also note that by putting those items on the cash store, there will be a slight reduction in demand for items on the normal marketplace, since the CC/pay to play people will have already bought theirs. That reduction in demand = lower prices.Insert other media

20 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

If it's going to net them a good profit, short and long term, NCSoft will do it. The costs of implementing it and putting MWTS on the cash store are fairly low. They are a business, and they're here to make money.

It's more of a convenience than a true P2W. Also note that by putting those items on the cash store, there will be a slight reduction in demand for items on the normal marketplace, since the CC/pay to play people will have already bought theirs. That reduction in demand = lower prices.Insert other media

It is pure p2w which they promised us not to do. Most likely they loose lot more ppl just because that would destroy whole shit hole. I dont mind if they ad moonwater transformation stones in expansion there if they're not used at all lvl 50 but for now absolutely not.

Personally ill instantly uninstall game and never touch anything that Ncsoft brings us.

Archived