[OPINION] PvP etiquette

Tamchel

It's not a post where I'll list the "must-have" etiquette, but rather ask for your own. 

I'm not entitled to impose anything of the like to the community, but knowing the general thinking of people about the OW PVP is always fun and informative. 

Here's mine:

• I'm a target in all given time and will never remove my pvp gear;
  • I do not talk to people I fight unless it is an especially good battle;
  • I jump EVERYONE having their pvp gear equipped, regardless of level;
  • I rarely finish a player I kill in Open Field, especially if he never saw me coming;
  • I avoid killing in Bamboo Village and in the surrounding areas;
  • I never go near spawn points to kill others;
  • Players who jumps on me by surprise and die deserve to be finished off and mocked;

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I never do OW pvp, waste of time
  • I never say gg at the end of the game, I believe this demoralize my opponent instead of motivate them
  • I ignore everyone in the chat unless its something I like
  • I trashtalk trashtalkers to make them feel small

It reminds me of anothr game i played with open pvp

Generally speaking if you have gear on dont complain when youre attacked. Youre literally holding a sign that says 'HIT ME'

Dont be a jerk. Dont give me that subjective BS, you know what this means

Expect jerks. Its the internet and its going to happen

31 minutes ago, Yancha said:

Generally speaking if you have gear on dont complain when youre attacked. Youre literally holding a sign that says 'HIT ME'

Is there any way to reskin the costumes? What if I like a particular look of a costume but don't want to get ganged 24/7? It seems pretty stupid to have all these designs but only limit you to a few neutral ones if you don't want to get farmed.

What if they implemented this rule to pvp:

• Only initiate attacks on someone equal or higher lvl than you (e.g. make them yellow instead of red names). This way you won't have to get 1-shot by a lvl 45.

On 1/26/2016 at 9:31 AM, Abysmal said:

Is there any way to reskin the costumes? What if I like a particular look of a costume but don't want to get ganged 24/7? It seems pretty stupid to have all these designs but only limit you to a few neutral ones if you don't want to get farmed.

What if they implemented this rule to pvp:

• Only initiate attacks on someone equal or higher lvl than you (e.g. make them yellow instead of red names). This way you won't have to get 1-shot by a lvl 45.

I really hope there is

I dont like the faction outfits but not being able to wear them without being marked stinks for others

2 hours ago, Jinjii said:

You're third and last points are highly hypocritical.

As a point, I never said I wasn't. 

However, I also expect the exact same thing from people. 

Having PvP gear equipped means that you're ready to battle. And I am. Always, so I'll gladly jump anyone tagged red. 

As for being mocked, when someone jumps the other, the attacker has the added advantage of surprise and can chip off at least a good part of the other's health or grapple him . If you fail at killing your opponent despite this... 

Oh and do I need to mention I expect the same treatment I give others? I'm not a fair player or anything in the like. I have flaws, two of them being: arrogance and hypocrisy. I recognized and know them. 

3 minutes ago, Tamchel said:

Oh and do I need to mention I expect the same treatment I give others? I'm not a fair player or anything in the like. I have flaws, two of them being: arrogance and hypocrisy. I recognized and know them. 

You also seem weirdly proud of them, despite calling them flaws. 

Also, #2 and last point seem contradicting, unless you mean a different kind of mocking.

Personally, I don't attack players that are way lower level than mine. It's just not a fun fight. iddqd much

A player jumped me while I was fighting an elite mob for one of my faction dailies the other day.  I killed the person and carried on but the mobs had respawned and I couldn't gather the item I needed without killing the mobs again.  

Then, same person attacked me again so I defended but was fighting both them and the elite mob that hits fuggin' hard (just want to note, due to this my cat was dead so it was JUST me), then another blue comes and helps me.

The other dude who attacked me died and says "can't even 1v1, noobs" although they were the one to attack me while I was already being attacked by dangerous mobs.

That there, is pure salt from someone who tried to kill me while I was at half health with a dead cat and then complained when someone came to help.  The person who helped didn't actually kill the other pvper, they killed the mob!

Either way, my point is that people can be dumb, retarded, thoughtless and salty and that is what pvp will always be.  I could have mocked or said something nasty back, but there was no need, I didn't need to defend myself.   That is etiquette.  

1 minute ago, Enhance said:

You also seem weirdly proud of them, despite calling them flaws. 

Also, #2 and last point seem contradicting, unless you mean a different kind of mocking.

Personally, I don't attack players that are way lower level than mine. It's just not a fun fight. iddqd much

I'm not proud of them. But I know them and I do take care to tone them down a bit. 

Well less so in games, but since it doesn't affect others much I care a bit less. 

I do make a point of honor to never trash talk people, and while I can be arrogant, I'm also objective and I know when I'm at fault, especially when it's related to gameplay. 

Mocking as in Emotes, not as in belittling or insulting. 

My etiquette:

Don't attack people doing PvE. Some people don't have much time to play and want to get their dailies done. (I've straight out walked by people, bowed, kept going, and had them bow back and kept going on their way). That means don't attack the people who are trying to turn in their quests as well =_=. Speaking of which, I've partied with other factions before to do PvE stuff. We just made real sure not to attack each other, lol.

Don't attack low levels unless they attack first. (Even then, if they only hit me once or twice, it was probably an accident).

Don't spawncamp, get people to back off of spawncamping. (I've had my own faction back off before).

Don't jump in if it is already 2 vs 1 or worse UNLESS they started it knowing they were outnumbered or it is 1 high level vs a bunch of really low levels (I've seen a level 45 running around spawncamping level 20ish players in the first pvp zone, ran up and waited for them to attack me, then killed them. I don't like to attack first, but that isn't etiquette, that is just a personal rule).

Revive people that died near a boss with loot so that they can grab their loot. Regardless of what side they are on, and get people in my faction to not attack them. (I've had my own faction members back off before. It is kind of messed up if they helped kill the boss and they don't get loot because the other faction decides to gank them while they are weak. Especially if they were careful not to hit the other faction).

*  I'll only fight someone who attacks first or expresses desire to fight.  The exception is if someone Xv1'd me then tries to run from any size group I'm in.  That person dies.

*  Whenever I'm in my PvP suit, I'm fair game anywhere I am for any reason.

*  Don't spawn camp for any reason ever.

*  Don't finish someone in an organized OW duel (if those even happen in this game, I don't see why they would like GW2 WvW, given the arena).  Otherwise, finish everyone I kill ASAP and move on.

*  Don't spoil an even fight that is in progress, unless the area has already established a "no respect for anyone" policy.  Then finish all fights ASAP.

Rule 1: Don't attack Low Level guys if I see them

Rule 2: If they attack first. Beat them down a few times till they learn who the flaggin system works

Rule 3: Rule 1 does not apply if the enemy is a Summoner. Grind them to death till they get tired of the game and quit or make a different char....

Last Rule: No mercy to anyone flagged with PvP in the Misty Woods. Even if you are out numbered fight with glory till death.

On 1/27/2016 at 11:51 AM, SinNoAria said:

My etiquette:

Don't attack people doing PvE. Some people don't have much time to play and want to get their dailies done. (I've straight out walked by people, bowed, kept going, and had them bow back and kept going on their way). That means don't attack the people who are trying to turn in their quests as well =_=. Speaking of which, I've partied with other factions before to do PvE stuff. We just made real sure not to attack each other, lol.

Don't attack low levels unless they attack first. (Even then, if they only hit me once or twice, it was probably an accident).

Don't spawncamp, get people to back off of spawncamping. (I've had my own faction back off before).

Don't jump in if it is already 2 vs 1 or worse UNLESS they started it knowing they were outnumbered or it is 1 high level vs a bunch of really low levels (I've seen a level 45 running around spawncamping level 20ish players in the first pvp zone, ran up and waited for them to attack me, then killed them. I don't like to attack first, but that isn't etiquette, that is just a personal rule).

Revive people that died near a boss with loot so that they can grab their loot. Regardless of what side they are on, and get people in my faction to not attack them. (I've had my own faction members back off before. It is kind of messed up if they helped kill the boss and they don't get loot because the other faction decides to gank them while they are weak. Especially if they were careful not to hit the other faction).

This is how it should be. This is "etiquette". Some of us have jobs and work 40 hours a week, if not more than that up to 70-80 hours a week. We don't have time to deal with bullshit. We just want to get our dailies done. Just because most of you still live in mommy and daddy's basement, are unemployed or have nothing better to do.. doesn't mean you need to ruin another player's day. If you want kills for your daily? Trade kills. It's done all day every day. There is a time and place for faction v faction all out fights.

OR, you could learn how to pvp..since this is a pvp based game.

Even me, working 70+ hours a week, can EASILY learn how to pvp..its not that hard.

If you have your faction uniform on, that means you are ready to PVP.

If you do NOT want to pvp, then dont wear the uniform.

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 10:51 AM, SinNoAria said:

My etiquette:

This jus hit the spot. However I've seen some players who are either "bored" or "trolls". Like when I do my NPC killing in Misty forest killing red npc's then i'd see reds in group of 2 jumping on me, then they complain after I kill them says summoner is just so unbalanced. like really? lol.

Archived