[Feedback request] Premium tab in the Dragon Express

Green Storm

• NCSOFT

Hi Crickets,

A few players mentioned that the Premium tab in the Dragon Express had outdated items, so we would like to gather feedback from the Blade & Soul community on how to improve it:

Please tell us what you would like to see or not see. Be concise by avoiding long descriptions and lengthy explanations, and please try to stay on topic! Tell us what makes sense to you based on how you play the game and at what stage you are during your adventures.

I'll probably close this thread in a week or two.

Thank you for your feedback!

• Like 5

Alright, here's the chief problem with the Premium Tab: almost every single item in it no longer is useful. All the Fallen, Grand Celestial, Thornbreaker and to a lesser extent Steelbreaker Soul Shields...have no usage for a player of any point in their progression. The first three are from majorly outdated raids, and the last one is given by Soul Boost anyways. By the time a player builds up the materials to purchase them they'd be done with Soul Boost. There's also the Dragonfang and Avenging Warrior Soul Shields...these are for PVP and virtually no one does PVP anymore. About the only use any of these have is getting the last one for an achievement. Replacing some of them with Twisted Serpents Den SS or even Poharan's would be a massively good step.

This leaves the Weekly Wonder Chest, Weekly Pet Chest, and the newcomer, the Weekly Sterling Crystal Chest. These are absolutely fine please at any cost keep these. 

• Like 2

Here's a few ideas that quickly come to my mind:

->Weekly Gold Chest - 2 per account per week bought with solar energy

->BM, regular and True Poharan SS sold at a discount compared to the vendor in mushins - also let us select a specific SS number instead of rng please ❤️

->Accessories/Weapons from dungeons (like skystealer/starcross/upsurge wep) sold for their respective currencies at a discount - no account limit would be amazing

Thanks for reaching out to the community for feedback and suggestions!

• Like 4

Few ideas and thoughts:

• Current sterling crystal chest, wonder chest and pet chest are fine as is
  • Remove old soul shields and replace them with updated soul shields (BM / Poharan / True Poharan) at a discount. Ability to purchase specified pieces would be amazing
  • Add different upgrade materials (for example, fusion stones, skystealer crystals, starcross stone fragments, upsurge essences etc. Currency used could be demonsbane challenge tokens. Or then just make these a weekly box for solar energies / honing oils)
  • A weekly chest that contains materials for weapon amulets (Silversteel Anima / Twisted Fury). These are hard to come by especially for newer players so making these more available wouldn't hurt
  • Perhaps a source of higher quality (searing+) etching stones.
  • Like 3

Weekly Wonder Chest, Weekly Pet Chest, Weekly Sterling Crystal Chest make cheaper they are 2 box per category per account per week yes? Well unless you play on more than 1 character everyday you can't get all of them you don't get enough solar energies per week or honings even if you do everything all 7 days on 1 character unless you get good rng e.g. bonus solars on opening or premium hmcoin box in f10. So if in 7 days 1 char gets min 35 solars or something then that should be how much it is to get all 6 chests as well as enough honing. It is account wide but nobody should have to play on more than 1 char everyday to get the benefits of this. I mean at most it only takes a partial 2nd char to obtain all but should be obtainable by a single char doing max dailies. Just half the cost of the chests for solar/honing or both.

Remove all soul shields and put in only the latest at a discount compared to non premium. Silversteel never even got discounted but at this point just throw True Poharan in there or whatever below it too that is relevant.

Adding fusion stones, skystealer crystals, starcross fragments, upsurge essences, synthesis stones would be nice also.

Add legendary and mythical tier etching stones

Gold chests or offer more gold in the current ones minimum 100g

less and less willing to purchase Premium membership nowadays, cuz there's no big different compare to non membership. obviously, compare to those weekly chest in Exchange tab and premium tab. 

-lower the cost of honing oil and solar energy to purchase the Weekly Wonder Chest, Weekly Pet Chest, Weekly Sterling Crystal Chest

-Add BM or regular Poharan Soul Shield and RNG True Poharan Soul Shield

-also add some high demand stuff to attract player to buy premium membership such as honing oil, bound fusion stone, bound skystealer crystals , bound starcross fragments, gold chest.

-make them available to purchase by either Starcross Essence or Chao's emblem with no limit , that way could keep ppl stay in premium membership and keep players online most of the time.

Thanks for reaching out to the community for feedback and suggestions

• Like 1

Hello! Here's a few ideas:

• BM, Poharan and True Poharan should shields would be great.

• Current weekly wonder/pet/sterling chests are great, but make them cheapier - not everyone play 2/3 characters, you can't get all of them playing just one character.

• New skystealer upgrades cost a lot - fusion stones, skystealer crystals and gold chest would be great.

• Some costumes would be amazing - there's a lot of them in-game but no way to get them.... they could change every month.

Thanks for reaching out the the community!

• Like 2

Thank you for that. I do hope you'll into consideration the community feedback. 

Here's mine:

As mentioned above, I'd remove almost everything from there. My suggestion for replacements would be

•Silversteel Soulshields as they are

•Twisted Serpent or Legendary Poharan Soulshield (not True Poharan)

•Soulshield Primers

•Maybe even some lower tier Soulshield Psyches to help newer players.

•It would be a welcome change if we were given the option the via this tab to exchange older-content raid Wings (Raven King Wing, Hive Queen Wing, Grand Celestial Emperor Wing) for Solar Energy, for reasons listed below.

•Some Weekly Limit Skystealer Crystal Chests and Fusion Stones, would make the community very happy. Even if it seems a stretch, I gotta shoot my shot 🙂

Last but not least Weekly Wonder Chest, Weekly Pet Chest and the Weekly Sterling Crystal Chest are just fine, but I would suggest lowering the Solar Energy requirement or raising the amount we get per week. Currently, we need 100 Solar Energy every week to buy all the items, while we gain guaranteed 40 per character, assuming we're doing daily and weekly challenges every day/week. There are people who play only one character, after all.

And for those about to say that we can get the rainbow stone for the non-premium tab in Soulstone Plains, just a friendly reminder that it is going to be removed soon.

Edited by Hijack
Addition
  • Like 6

Some of these were mentioned before, but here is my dream list:
- The three weekly chests but cheaper
- Serpents Den, Poharan and True Poharan SS at a discount (by number, not rng chests... you can do that to the regular npc too tho, if you want /shy )
- The two weekly raid material chests (Twisted Wheel and Twisted Heart/Silversteel ore chests)
- Skystealer materials

- Fusion stones
- Serpents Den Soul and Mystic badge, Twisted Fury weapon material for legendary dungeon coins, but at a discount

- The new accessories and weapon material
- The three newest psyches from hall of the trials, namdo shrine and altar of the infinite with no limit. Also the legendary token with which you can transmute a few of those into a legendary psyche
- Maybe some weapon/pet/accessory gems
- High tier unity stones, insignias and etching stones

- The highest tier pvp ss with no achivement requirement and for a very low cost. For the few ppl who still play battleground

- Poharan Boss AP/Crit/Acc/Piercing fusion shields at a discount
- Charms and skill books from Sanctum of the masters

- Skin chests from which we can get all older content skins. Weapons, adorements, heatpieces and regular skins please. (Viridian coast, cinderlands, moonwater plains, silverfrost mountains)
- Gold, like 500 or 1000 each week (I'm not sure about this one)

- Dragon Trade pouches

- Reputation charms

- XP charms

- Raid revival charms, foods and enhancer charms for steelbreaker and serpents den at a discount

- Cooldown reset charms

- The old event chocolate party charm

- Fireworks (you can put these in the regular dragon express too, just for fun 🙂 )

Thank you for your work ❤️

• Like 2

A lot of people have already said this but the more the merrier:

-Updated SS such as BM/Poh/True Poh

-Not a lot of people do PVP anymore so I don't really see a use for those in the premium tab

-Weekly gold chest would do wonders

-Costumes? Pets? It would be refreshing to see some costumes that haven't been in the game for a while brought back, so why not put them in the premium tab?
-I haven't seen this, and maybe it wouldn't make sense but Designer Thread? There's clothing merchants everywhere with hard to come by outfits because Designer Thread is rare. Just an idea.

• Like 4

it would be nice if there were relevant avenues of transformation for very outdated items like blackstone, silverscale,

and even older stuff like moonwater tears, mountains dew, cinderlands thorns, infernal lords horns, there are more to mention in this regard and maybe the Premium tab is not the appropriate venue for exploring the breadth of potentials there; mentioning it here and now could be a start i can hope…

everyone has great ideas for this, and i hope to reinforce the caution to not make things too expensive for the capabilities of a single character because over the years they have heavily enforced that playstyle over the alternative due to the extreme gap in power level and recruit-ability, sociability, competitive edge and everything else; in spite of the fact that it is incredibly thrilling to be able to learn to transition from one class to another on the fly

thanks

Edited by swordin

6 hours ago, Hijack said:

•It would be a welcome change if we were given the option the via this tab to exchange older-content raid Wings (Raven King Wing, Hive Queen Wing, Grand Celestial Emperor Wing) for Solar Energy,

That’s an amazing idea tbh! We have a lot of them but they’re useless. 

• Like 1

I'll throw in my 2 cents incase this feedback is actually taken.

• Exchange Solar Energy for Elder, Onyx, Nocturnal, and Shimmering Scales. --- The need for scale boxes is big for quite a few people that I know. Having to run Out-Of-Rotation dungeons for old scale boxes once a day just doesn't seem like its cutting it given the amount you need for the items that require them.
  • Exchange Solar Energy for Serpent's Den and Chaos Supply Chain Soul Shields. --- Let's be honest, you can get Poharan Soulshields easily enough, even on alts, however this will help players re-roll or upgrade their soulshields from previous raid tiers. Not to mention, these should have been in there a LONG time ago. 
  • Exchange Gem Fragments for Guilded Pentagonal Gems (AT LEAST PENTA) - The surplus of gem fragments and powder has nowhere to go at the moment. We get gems from Chaos Supply Chain, but there is a low chance to get the gem we want/need and a big chance the gem gets downgraded right out of the box making it even more useless.
  • Better Exchange Ratios than Non-Premium Dragon Express.. I don't need to explain this, but specifically for Honing Oil. 
  • Exchange Old Raid Materials for A-Tier-Up materials --- Grand Celestial Wings >> Scarlet Blooms,  Scarlet Blooms >> Silversteel Ore, Silversteel Ore >> Twisted Heart... you get the idea. This to help the playerbase progress their Soulboost weapons and have a reason to run old content. (Sorry if I got the names wrong.) 
  • Exchange Solar Energy for Alternate Character Starter Pack (??) --- This is more of a hope, but it would be like a mini-soul boost pack for characters you wanted to play, but just didn't have time for during soul boost because other characters took priority be it for Damage, easier to run dailies on, etc.. The cost for this should be mid to high, giving the player enough time to give the purchase thought but not so high that they can't afford the weekly boxes in the current Premium Dragon Express. 
  • Exchange Solar Energy for Gold --- No, you don't understand... The way the game is currently designed for NA/EU is Korean game prices with poverty levels of income. The game needs more gold. Plain and simple. 

That's about it... Oh, and Weekly Wonder Chest, Weekly Pet Chest and the Weekly Sterling Crystal Chest --- These should be left alone. Do not touch them. If nothing else, leave these the F alone. 

Edited by El Salado
Wording - cuz emotions...
  • Like 1

Many of these have already been mentioned, but still:

• Do not remove or lower the amount of the current Weekly Wonder, Pet, and Sterling Crystal Chests. They are fine as-is.
  • Remove the Fallen, Grand Celestial, Thornbreaker, Silversteel, Avenging, and Dragonfang Soul Shields. The PvE ones are terribly outdated and no one does PvP anymore.
  • Replace the above Soul Shields with Shadow Fury, Poharan, and potentially even True Poharan Soul Shields at reduced costs vs the vendors just like the previous shields. Would be nice if we could select the specific Poharan/True Poharan shields instead of an RNG box.
  • Cheaper Poharan primers would also be nice.
  • Scale Selection Box exchange.
  • Other material exchanges such as Fusion/Synthesis stones and Starcross Fragments. We need real amounts of these, not just 2 or 5 stones for the duration of whole events like we've gotten recently (some single accessory stages can take dozens of Synthesis Stones per RNG attempt)
  • More than anything else, we need Gold chests. And no, not chests that contain amounts like 100g, 300g, 500g as these are borderline worthless since we have KR gold costs for our upgrades with a fraction of their daily income (a single attempt at upgrading my weapon is currently 1900g with a 3% success rate). These would need to be like 1000g at minimum with current gear costs.
  • Like 3

• NCSOFT
5 hours ago, El Salado said:

I'll throw in my 2 cents incase this feedback is actually taken.

Thanks to everyone who already shared their feedback! I want to spend a minute to reply to the point above:

The feedback players send is read, compiled, analyzed, and then decisions are made on what to change. These decisions usually do not reflect every single piece of feedback (I don't know that it's actually possible!) but we try to prioritize each based on a balance between what's popular and what's possible. We also try to do it in several stages rather than all at once. For example, we modified the last Treasure Trove based on player feedback and plan to do another update based on this feedback in the next few months.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

>Outfit RNG box for Solar Energy > 1x per Month or Week

>Update SoulShields to latest (Shadow Fury, Poharan, True Poharan)

>Rng Goldbox (1k, 2k, 5k) > or just add the Goldbox Korea get from Daily (Check Screenshot) https://imgur.com/a/pBY7fM8 (source Alice Kr Stuff Discord)

>The 3 Weekly Chests maybe lower cost abit like (5 Refined Honing oil > 4 Refined Honing oil, 2 Refined Honing oil > 1 Refined Honing oil)

>Add Weekly Splendor and Etching Stone Chests for Reduced Costs to the Prem Tab

>Old Pets we havnt see for a long time like Poharan etc

>Exp Charms since we need alot at higher Lvls just make them Hongmoon Lv 1-15(1mil), 15-30 (5mil) and 30-45 (10mil) with an weekly limit

>Unity Charms for newer Players

>Skystealer Crystal box like the one from daily with Weekly limits

thats all for now i guess make sure its afordable with current Solar Energy income

Edited by demonxD

• outfit, pet, weapon skin (rng box 1/week) (Angler Pearl)
  • Poharan and True Poharan soul shild (no rng box)
  • Poharan's Psyche / Pirate Psyche / Chrysus Psyche / Tayjin's Psyche / Soryan's Psyche / Upsurge psyche
  • Challenger's Token (Angler Pearl)
  • 10.000.000 exp charm (limit: 7/week or 1/day) (Angler Pearl)
  • Reputation Charm (Angler Pearl)
  • RNG gold chast (1.000 - 10.000 gold - 1/day/account) (F10 free key/day for premium member)
  • Skystealer Cristal Pouch or Box (1 solar energy)
  • Legendary Insignia Chest / Unity Stone Chest / Etching Stone Chest
  • Ethereal Vial and Warring Faction Token (5 Solar energy + 10 Honing Oil)
  • Gildstones (Angler Pearl)
  • Twistet Serpent Stronghold Soul / Mystic Badge (1/charakter)
  • Silversteel Anima / Twisted Fury / Realmkeeper Anima (200/character)
  • Hongmoon Master Scroll  (Angler Pearl)
  • The old content Soul Shield remove
Edited by Zeusz
  • Like 1

I am also going to comment since I am a premium for several years and to date I see that it is no longer worth paying for premium if it were not for the gold discounts the premium would no longer make sense at all, I hope that with this they motivate people so that you are encouraged to pay a premium account and give more advantage to those of us who pay approximately 10 dollars per month every month.

1.- gems of the square ones as a minimum.
2.- psyche that are decent too.
3.-skystealer we also need many of these in industrial quantities.
4.- soulshield of poharan the normal ones and the true ones.
5.-charm of experience and reputation.
6.-materials to upgrade the weapon.
7.- at least triple the pet pack, sacred vial and sterling crystal.
8.- skystealer and starcross jewelry.

psd: it may be that for you it is perhaps too much and if you think about it, it is because you still have a long way to go to understand the people who have played all these years and who have paid 10 dollars a month and that I do not count the exilag, but it is what they should really add to the game, I would like one of you to create an account and play so you can see how the game is working.

psd: I repeat it again, it is a very good game but they have many restrictions and bns have content for many more years since not all are whales in this game and they still need to improve the team too much to reach the limit, in short if not do something will not end because there is no one left in the game.

psd: 3 I play almost every day and it shows how little by little you see fewer people so if they do something before there is no one left in the game they almost see the same people as always and it is rare to see new people and when they You see new people always leaving and ending up playing for one for months or less.

I hope your understanding and understanding since I use a translator.

Of the current offerings, the first three are fine and all the rest could either be removed completely or opened up to non-premium members (I doubt any premium member would feel slighted by others having access).

The following additions would all be good to limit either in number of times per week they are claimed or with added requirements of solar energy, but all are "fair" imo:

• a way to "upgrade" Serpent Soul Shield Primers into Poharan Soul Shield Primers similar to what all raid vendors offer
  • single Silversteel Animas, since this is "old content" now and many players are left with weird amounts left over due to all recurring sources only offering multiples of 10
  • obsidians of lower tier than gilded so that players can incorporate their old smaller gems and upgrade progressively over time (maybe even make buying a second and third obsidian each week more expensive)
  • a way to upgrade etching stones to the final tier outside of Soulstone Plains, even if it's expensive
  • a way to upgrade upgrade unity stones to the final tier outside of Soulstone Plains, even if it's expensive
  • add an item that is an alternative to 7 Etherial Vials or costs the same but is guaranteed to work for upgrading the awakened levels of the Serpent's Den badges and then offer one of those per week to premium members (these items are well over a year old now, expected to be replaced soon, and are still prohibitively expensive to upgrade)
  • exchanges to "upgrade" psyches like we currently have for upgrading soul shield primers would be nice, even if the discount has to be less than the ~40% discount for primer upgrades
  • Skystealer Crystals
  • the consumables needed from Moon Refuge for the achievement since that is now effectively dead content
  • an exchange of Celestial Peaches for reputation charms so that that "refreshed content" is actually worth doing to more people

This is a separate issue, but: remove the daily-quest and "active quest" caps for premium members.

Ill throw in my 2 cent in here as well

1. A way to exchange older scales (Black, Silver, Onyx) For the higher tier ones (Elder, Nocturnal, Shimmering). Currently you cant FARM scales. You can get them through daily dungeons but thats it. They dont drop as they used to. 

2. As people have said, Newer soulshields at a discounted price.

3. Anything costume related? Would be refreshing seeing older costumes come back this way? (Maybe through a gold sink?)

4. Lower the cost of Honing Oils and Solar Energy for the Weekly chests.

The important bit here is the scales. Im in current need of over 280 Shimmering scales. Playing this game everyday doing daily you MIGHT get a scale per day. Ill take me a year of doing dailies just to get this amount of scales.

Thanks in advanced! 🙂

I don't know if Green Storm still reads this feedback thread... but I do have some amazing suggestions for the Premium tab... and it's great this is finally a consideration because it has been outdated for so long now. 

Okay, here we go:

Keep the weekly chests for Sacred Vials, Pet Packs and Sterling Scale Crystals

• Nothing should be changed here. They should stay as they currently are, with the difference of spending the Solar energy directly instead of having to transmute Spectrum Stones. Maybe increase the limit and require less Refined Honing Oil and Solar Energy if that is possible. 

Outfits

This has been a problem for so long now. This game offers a variety of amazing costumes, head/body adornments and hairstyles that people simply can't get. The problem isn't that they aren't available by playing the game, the problem is we can't get them in general! 3 outfits in a monthly rotation and a new outfit with some promotions is way too less ways to get some good looking outfits in the game. There is also a very limited amount of dungeons you can still get dungeon outfits from. Now... here comes my great suggestion that would absolutely be a big plus point for Premium membership:

• We do have a clothing merchant in the game. This person offers outfits and RNG outfit boxes in exchange for Chromatic Threads or Designer Threads. Right now, we have a very limited way of getting these threads... Chromatic Threads can only be bought on the Hongmoon Store (You also need these to recolour cosmetics!) and Designer Threads are especially hard to get without any promotions happening in the Hongmoon Store. 
  • Put Chromatic Threads into the Premium tab. There should be two exchange options: 1x Chromatic Thread for 1x Fabric OR 1x Chromatic Thread for 1x High-Quality Fabric. Maybe also consider to add a small gold fee per exchange (5 gold).
  • Put Designer Threads into the Premium tab. There should only be one exchange option: 1x Designer Thread for 1x Fabric AND 1x High-Quality Fabric. The fee per exchange should be around 10-15 gold. 

This includes some fixes: Making the clothing merchant actually being used more, give people a way to finally obtain Designer Threads, making it a strong selling point for Premium membership. Please, consider this. We need more ways to obtain more cosmetics in the game. It's one of the strongest points this game has. This would be a great start. 

Obsidian gems

We still lack these gems. There is very limited ways to get them and we do need more help with that. All gems except diamonds and obsidians can be acquired by running the Chaos Supply Chain or doing Koldrak. 

• Put a monthly limit of 3 Premium Obsidian Chests into the Premium tab. These would offer a RNG selection of Gilded Square, Gilded Pentagonal and Gilded Hexagonal Obsidians with the highest chance to obtain the Gilded Square variant. 
  • You can also consider nerfing this by one tier: Triangular -> Square -> Pentagonal. 

Scales for upgrades

We need ways to exchange older scales for newer scales as they no longer have a purpose in the game. 

• 1x Blackstone -> 1x Elder Scale
  • 1x Silver Scale -> 1x Nocturnal Scale
  • 1x Onyx Scale -> 1x Shimmering Scale

I know... this might be a problem for NCSoft with people having stacked up a lot of older scale fragments or scales in general. Consider to add a weekly limit around 20-25 per scale option so people can't dump them in one go and have huge amounts in a matter of minutes. There's need to a balance, this is a good way to start. 

Soulshield options

The current selection of soulshields is very outdated. This need a long overdue change:

• Remove Fallen Soulshield parts
  • Remove Celestial Soulshield parts
  • Remove Scarlet Soulshield parts
  • Remove Steelbreaker Soulshield parts

And add these for a discounted price per item into the Premium tab:

• Serpent's Den Soulshields for a discounted Twisted Heart price
  • Poharan Soulshields for a discounted Chaos Emblem price
  • ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Many people said to also add True Poharan Soulshields to the premium tab. I disagree with that, unless you put a achievement requirement behind this. This is the current best in slot in the game and it should only be obtainable by doing Stage 5 of Chaos Supply Chain. However if you do add them, require characters to have finished atleast Stage 5 of Chaos Supply Chain in order to obtain them. Also, make these RNG only. They should be harder to obtain than their weaker counterpart.

And that's pretty much everything I can give feedback for. I really hope this will be considered and brought to attention with NCSoft. I don't know how much of these suggestions might ever make it into the live game, but I do hope some of then can. 

Please, strongly consider my point about outfits. I don't know why this is such a overlooked problem when the fashion in this game is one of the most strongest selling points in Blade & Soul. There should be a paid way to obtain more outfits and I think this idea is a great way to start.