Arena/BG times...

SkFy

"

Arena/Battleground

We want to ensure that the Arena and Battlegrounds stay competitive, so we are modifying the hours of availability for all the PvP instances to match up with peak player populations. This should ensure plenty of other warriors are available to throw down. Here’s a look at the revised PvP schedule, all times are in server time, and 24-hour format. We’re sure this is going to cause a lot of discussion – let us know in the forums what you think about these proposed times."

Really guys? you really think THAT is the way to get people to play arena?
Pretty sure it will only make more people quit...
I cant even play between 5-11pm because of the ridiculous amount of lags I get :s guess no more pvp after update.
And since that's the only thing I like about bns…
Doubt anyone likes these updates, I don't know what ncsoft is trying to do here... 
Awakened skills already made lots of people quit arena, pretty sure this will be the final blow.

How about you just make it rewarding without having to do pve for it?
How about you finally fix some proper balance and remove all this untabbable nonsense, 1 hitting, perma immunity, running circles in pvp from the game..

How about you make some more events/tournaments to get people back into pvp, doesn't have to be with thousands of euro's worth of prices, even ingame prices should be fine..

Or if you need to close it then at least close it from like 5-6am till like 12 afternoon, since it's already dead in EU then anyway... unlike night time 1-5am when lots of us play.

Edited by SkFy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SkFy said:

Doubt anyone likes these updates, I don't know what ncsoft is trying to do here... 
Awakened skills already made lots of people quit arena, pretty sure this will be the final blow.

Whether its good or not, if there are issues in matching queues during the times, it makes sense to reduce availability which should increase the queue times. Depends how you look at it i guess.

Just now, Grimoir said:

Whether its good or not, if there are issues in matching queues during the times, it makes sense to reduce availability which should increase the queue times. Depends how you look at it i guess.

What issues? like you don't get the same people over and over again from 9am -> like 3 pm :/ 
Exactly the same as at night, in fact usually there are more people playing pvp at night then early morning.
Might aswell close down pvp completely then.

2 minutes ago, SkFy said:

What issues? like you don't get the same people over and over again from 9am -> like 3 pm :/ 
Exactly the same as at night, in fact usually there are more people playing pvp at night then early morning.
Might aswell close down pvp completely then.

Wait, are you talking about US or EU times? Well i mean....i will honestly make an opinion once its live and i can experience how it will be, that will be the best way to tell and give feedback

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Wait, are you talking about US or EU times? Well i mean....i will honestly make an opinion once its live and i can experience how it will be, that will be the best way to tell and give feedback

Man I don't even feel like talking with you really, you always kiss ncsoft's a.. 
Whatever the topic is, you're on ncsoft side.. you're not gonna get a mod job stop trying.

I pvp a lot, I know when people play..

There are a lot more people that play at midnight from 1am till like 5-6 am.. then from 6am->1pm.... then you're lucky to get any opps at all.
If they would then not allow us to que during the night that would mean you can only que from around 1pm->1am... and peak hours 5-11pm are laggy for many people so they wont even bother going to arena to lose rating lol.

Edited by SkFy

1 minute ago, SkFy said:

Man I don't even feel like talking with you really, you always kiss ncsoft's a.. 
Whatever the topic is, you're on ncsoft side.. you're not gonna get a mod job stop trying.

I am not taking anyones side, i am just saying that if the queue times ever the course of time are not good, and there are topics on forums that literally say they arent good, then it makes sense to adjust those.

Whether or not it will actually be a good idea is to see when it actually comes live, at least this will make the queues more even instead of spread out where people with a good timing can easily get boosted.

Thats why i said i will form my actual opinion once i experience it, cause right now i can say it will be bad but what if it isnt? Its logical...

Personally i agree about the new updated availability for the 1v1 Arena,it solves some issues that we've had for a while with our RU "friends" that come to our servers.

Regarding the new 3v3 availabilty,i think its rather bad because people have jobs,etc.

In my opinion it should be Fri/Sat/Sun and have a larger timeframe...3 hours seems really low.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, deejays13 said:

Personally i agree about the new updated availability for the 1v1 Arena,it solves some issues that we've had for a while with our RU "friends" that come to our servers.

Regarding the new 3v3 availabilty,i think its rather bad because people have jobs,etc.

In my opinion it should be Fri/Sat/Sun and have a larger timeframe...3 hours seems really low.

Like what issues? the Russians que during the afternoon and night aswell..
Changes absolutely nothing, very few Russians usually que at midnight 1am till 5am...

It's like the only time of day that's viable for me to play... cause don't have time early morning usually, and 5-11pm my ping spikes up to like 500ms constantly... impossible to pvp with that.

This wont get more people to play arena, it will only force more of us to quit...

There isn't even any logic behind this, if you run a store and you want more people to visit your store.. you ain't gonna close your store more..
You make your store more appealing to people

Edited by SkFy

i dont really understand why are they restricting times,  imo it does more harm than help

but i sincerely hope that if they are limiting times then the frenzy times will be changed accordingy from when the bgs are open until they are closed

else this whole plan makes no sense and only make ppl quit, if there is any more ppl there to quit from pvp that is, since its been dead ever since awak happened

ladders are completely empty, 1600 rate and class 10+- LUL, and season is almost over.

2 minutes ago, Vyd said:

i dont really understand why are they restricting times,  imo it does more harm than help

but i sincerely hope that if they are limiting times then the frenzy times will be changed accordingy from when the bgs are open until they are closed

else this whole plan makes no sense and only make ppl quit, if there is any more ppl there to quit from pvp that is, since its been dead ever since awak happened

ladders are completely empty, 1600 rate and class 10+- LUL, and season is almost over.

Hmm NA I guess?
At EU you need at least 1719 if you're a gunner other classes more
Though, pvp did indeed take a large hit from that patch :/ lots of people quit because of it, and this patch wont bring those back... nor will it bring any new players, all it will do is make more people quit the game.
Guess I gotta find an inferior game then with less ridiculous restrictions.

The concept of limiting the entering time is good, however, the time needs to be changed.

1v1 time shouldn't be limited since people spar each other or climb at late night for better ping.

3v3 time should be maybe 19:00-> 02:00 so both west and east coast people can get some games. (good change tho, good luck to those wintraders)

battlegrounds should be 18:00 -> 03:00 or 04:00, same reason as above so both west and east can get enough time to play. 1am server time is like 10pm for west coast. Most ppl from west may just finish their dinner or some of them even just finish working, so 1am server time makes no sense.

All the time I stated were EST, so for server time should -1?

Edited by FONGGG

Just now, FONGGG said:

The concept of limiting the entering time is good, however, the time needs to be changed.

1v1 time shouldn't be limited since people spar each other or climb at late night for better ping.

3v3 time should be maybe 19:00-> 02:00 so both west and east coast people can get some games. (good change tho, good luck to those wintraders)

battlegrounds should be 18:00 -> 03:00 or 04:00, same reason as above so both west and east can get enough time to play. 1am server time is like 10pm for west coast. Most ppl from west may just finish their dinner or some of them even just finish working, so 1am server time makes no sense.

6v6 is already dead between like 3am and 5pm anyway :/ they might aswell close it during the morning hours then when nobody ques anyway
And a much better way to get people to go there is make gear count less.... doing 700k damage in a single skill when people don't even have that much hp is ridiculous
Sure you work for your gear and it should count... but in no game the difference between gear and damage is as ridiculous as in bns.
It used to be a lot more fun when it got just released and you could still do well even without any gear... 

I can't understand this. The frenzy bonus before was the major restriction. If you missed the time frame, you wouldn't get a 50% bonus. Pretty big deal, and that made people play more during those hours.
But people do play beyond that and before that. The two reasons being Clan 6s. It runs for 2 hours during a 3 hour period for frenzy. The second being raids. A lot of people host their raids at 9pm-12am EST, which is pretty much the entirety of frenzy time. From the looks of the schedule, it'll be a good amount of simply just pvp, and will make it highly difficult.
What's more this can become pretty restricting for people trying to get their pvp gear up, or trying to get basic mats cause we didn't get anything new to get them. All this will do will make players choose between pvp gear, or materials. Instances, or 6v6. None of which are bad but I mean, the pve in this game isn't exactly all that immersive, and only 6 man dungeons give you gear needed for pvp.
I feel like the major problem with this isn't "can you pvp" it's can you pvp AND meet 11 other people's schedules. Cause if not, one or the other is going.

This is idiotic. The eu bns population is at a historical minimum already. Now if there comes a time restriction as well, then this will push away the few remaining ones as well. Everyone has lives, so PLEASE never EVER add such a feature to bns. BNS eu is so dead already. Dont kill it off even more!

i was enjoying soul reduction until i heard it will be locked out for pvp certain times which is super dumb anyone who came up with that idea ...... needs to explain what they were thinking .....1v1 time should not be changed 

• 1 month later...

For tags at the times are **COMPLETELY** horrible. Since the patch I´ve played tags 2 times.

Today we tried again only to then figure out Sunday is not a tag day. Ok then alt+f4 doing something else, because we forgot the day matters.

I played tags before sometimes multiple times a week. I have been very active for a long time. Now it´s declining. And with that patch the decline just taking up paste rapidly.

At the very least make tags be open every day. And change the times in the games GUI from UTC to local time when displayed in the client. When I initially read the patch notes I just thought I´m never gonna be playing tags again until I figured out it´s UTC time, because for something like 20:30-21:00 CET I would not even bother to log in for tags (I´m not really even starting the game before 20:00 CET).

Before the patch pretty much after every season I had 4 gold sins and a gold BM in tags with multiple hundreds of games in total. At this point in time I have 14 tag-games across all my chars in total this season. Obviously, I´m gonna be bronce from here on out in tags and if I play I´m just gonna end up facerolling the worst of the players there are, because I just can´t play games to begin with.

What exactly did you think you where going to fix with that patch? Wintraders? Honestly, who cares anymore at this point. I´d rather have a game to play than no game to play.

• 4 weeks later...