Mounts?? Question MARK?!?

nameisntnormal

I have been playing Blade and Soul since late 2017 and when I first started playing, I was severely disappointed that this game didn't have mounts. I mean, awesome, we have wind walking and we can shift + w to run quickly. Woo Hoo! But honestly, if this game added mounts... Mounts that could be earned IN game and maybe some fashionable mounts that people who like throwing their cash at the computer screen; put some mounts in the hongmoon store. I'm PRETTY sure this topic has come up before but.. BnS players can agree that mounts would be freaking amazing?!? Just me? 

Edit: Some people may say that this game doesn't "need" mounts. That it won't "match" the game. But honestly, if you put the right mount into the game, it WOULD match the game. Not just your original sucky mounts. And NO you do NOT have to buy the mounts. As I said above.. You could get EARN them IN game and maybe buy them in the hongmoon store. It wouldn't equal pay to win because the mount doesn't help you fight. It is literally to run around with. It would NOT be useless. Yes, some places you HAVE to windstride to, but that doesn't mean they cannot add mounts for the places where you have to run farther and farther away to. And maybe an option where.. turning off players? To stop the lag FROM the mounts being a lag? And everything else? I mean are you guys even thinking about all the possibilities we would HAVE with mounts? I am not trying to sound mean but people are shutting down this topic super quickly when I know people have thought of mounts once in their time while playing this game. 

43 minutes ago, DigitalEyesore said:

Mounts were one of 3 thing asked about in the surveys along time ago. It asked if players wanted mounts, housing or pets. I voted mounts. We got petnip.

Oh wow. Petnip? And those were the choices? I would think mounts would be the #1 thing since I think everyone agrees that running around the map is the slowest thing possible. Lol. 

40 minutes ago, nameisntnormal said:

Oh wow. Petnip? And those were the choices? I would think mounts would be the #1 thing since I think everyone agrees that running around the map is the slowest thing possible. Lol. 

Mounts are unnecessary in this game.

go play WoW.

2 hours ago, Arohk said:

go play WoW.

And so were pets at the time aside from their p2w cashgrab aspect. Mounts to me seemed like the clear choice iirc because we still had to pay to windstride. Weapon and acc upgrades were extremely expensive so a lot of just ran to where they needed to go. Hence why i probably voted for mounts.

While this would be interesting, there are many things that need to be fixed in the game before they add something new.  They are struggling to maintain the code as it is (and seem to break something with each update/maintenance).  Stack another layer of complexity on this is just asking for trouble.  Most everyone assumes that the UE4 upgrade will fix many of the problems the game has.  But, frankly, this is wishful thinking IMHO.  It might seem like comparing apples to oranges but Tera did the same thing and look at the state that game is in.  Coincidentally, they also removed much of the beginning to their game as well.  

6 hours ago, eric11zhao said:

Mount will be classified as low speed, normal speed and high speed, low speed gives 60% speed buff, normal gives 90%, and high gives 120%, and if nc is going to release mount, the low speed one would required at least $100 to buy directly

sounds like a wow copy, lul :giggle:

lets make bns into a f2p wow clone "f2p - but p2enjoy"

just add unlimited stamina already and remove the windstride cd,  something like that in 2k18 is just  asking for a playerbase decrease, lel

8 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

While this would be interesting, there are many things that need to be fixed in the game before they add something new.  They are struggling to maintain the code as it is (and seem to break something with each update/maintenance).  Stack another layer of complexity on this is just asking for trouble.  Most everyone assumes that the UE4 upgrade will fix many of the problems the game has.  But, frankly, this is wishful thinking IMHO.  It might seem like comparing apples to oranges but Tera did the same thing and look at the state that game is in.  Coincidentally, they also removed much of the beginning to their game as well.  

i could imagine it like

12 player in the zone, 2 player mounts up, 10 crashes, -> profit.

11 hours ago, DigitalEyesore said:

And so were pets at the time aside from their p2w cashgrab aspect. Mounts to me seemed like the clear choice iirc because we still had to pay to windstride. Weapon and acc upgrades were extremely expensive so a lot of just ran to where they needed to go. Hence why i probably voted for mounts.

Even with mounts you will still need to winstride because most areas arent conencted and you cant get from one map to the other without winstriding. Pets were added as a PVP balance method not because of cashgrab and the apearance is pure cosmetic, they might aswel released them as "aura 3" next to the heart and soul.

Mounts arent needed in this game at all, they dont fit this type of game that bns is and certainly would be stupid to add more to the lags people already get with players alone.

22 hours ago, Arohk said:

go play WoW.

Sasdly, I have played WoW and I think it is trash personally. I have no interest in it. Doesn't catch my attention what so ever. Like I edited above, I DO think they would be a necessity and if not that then a fun add in. :) 

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Even with mounts you will still need to winstride because most areas arent conencted and you cant get from one map to the other without winstriding. Pets were added as a PVP balance method not because of cashgrab and the apearance is pure cosmetic, they might aswel released them as "aura 3" next to the heart and soul.

Mounts arent needed in this game at all, they dont fit this type of game that bns is and certainly would be stupid to add more to the lags people already get with players alone.

As I edited above, it wouldn't just be a cash grab. You could EARN it IN game too. And... options to turn off players to reduce the lag? I mean, don't shut the mount idea off completely before thinking of the possibilities of everything. :)  And don't just think of original mounts. There ARE other mounts just besides a lion or a dragon. Something unique and it could fit the game. 

19 hours ago, Deadly Intent said:

Totally agree on that part. I did think of Tera while thinking of the mounts and all but the game Tera, I didn't think had potential that much at all. I think it just started to go downhill and not just from the mounts. But yes, I do understand that. Maybe somewhere later down the path. 

9 hours ago, nameisntnormal said:

As I edited above, it wouldn't just be a cash grab. You could EARN it IN game too. And... options to turn off players to reduce the lag? I mean, don't shut the mount idea off completely before thinking of the possibilities of everything. :)  And don't just think of original mounts. There ARE other mounts just besides a lion or a dragon. Something unique and it could fit the game. 

This sounds more like GW 2, so if you want that you can go play it. I played tera which had mounts, GW2 which had mounts and all i can say is, currently, the way BnS is, and the way the game is in general, mounts are useless. And even IF they would be added, i can guarantee you ncsoft would not make them free to get and put them behind pay walls like everything else in this game.

Well the thing is  Blade and soul is a open world game however, with  a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ton on wind stride points everywhere and the fact that you can wind stride for free now having a mountable pet has been on a back burner. And I feel like having a mount would be cool but right now they seem pointless to have just for the fact we got  free wind strid for days. Now they can do 2 things Make  a new class that can have a ride-able mount or turn into anything you want that grants you movement speed, or tweek the entire map to make it suitable to have a mount and maybe bring back paying to wind stride but in return there is a mount that give you a mount that have double- infinite stamina but  also  gives you and your part a buff. But until then really need to revamp ssp or make the game less laggy because with the new event everyone and their mother plus the family dog will cause a huge lag spike i cant even get a hit in. and i can just forget about doing it on my ult too.

The reason I stoped playing Aion and starteed BnS:

1. Good action combat - true

2. No holy trinity (tank, healer dps) - this has changed now and is not a reason anymore

3. Balanced and no rng PvP - this isnt entirely true but its still the best out there.

4. Simple gearing - also no longer true, they added too much gear types and gear pieces

5. No pets - no more true

6. No housing- still true

7. No mounts - still true

8. No P2P-  Partially true. I n Aion I spent 10 euros for 3 years and was top geared cleric. Here I spend only for premium from time to time. I play alone and w/o guild, otherwise it wouldnt be a problem to be f2p. You just need grind more.

So as you can see I play BnS for many reasons I stoped playing other games. Mounts one of these.

11 hours ago, Grimoir said:

This sounds more like GW 2, so if you want that you can go play it. I played tera which had mounts, GW2 which had mounts and all i can say is, currently, the way BnS is, and the way the game is in general, mounts are useless. And even IF they would be added, i can guarantee you ncsoft would not make them free to get and put them behind pay walls like everything else in this game.

Thanks for the input, but I do not have any interest what so ever in GW 2. Played that already. Lol. But I understand too where you are coming with they would make us pay. I was just putting on a topic with a suggestion. Ty for inputtt :D

3 hours ago, Backstabpuss said:

The reason I stoped playing Aion and starteed BnS:

1. Good action combat - true

2. No holy trinity (tank, healer dps) - this has changed now and is not a reason anymore

3. Balanced and no rng PvP - this isnt entirely true but its still the best out there.

4. Simple gearing - also no longer true, they added too much gear types and gear pieces

5. No pets - no more true

6. No housing- still true

7. No mounts - still true

8. No P2P-  Partially true. I n Aion I spent 10 euros for 3 years and was top geared cleric. Here I spend only for premium from time to time. I play alone and w/o guild, otherwise it wouldnt be a problem to be f2p. You just need grind more.

So as you can see I play BnS for many reasons I stoped playing other games. Mounts one of these.

Awesome! Thank you for input ;D 

I am glad this game isn't P2P. c:

Please no mounts.

1. The areas' sizes are balanced for windwalking, adding mounts would mess up this balance.

2. Windwalking is basically sprint boosted by martial arts techniques, so lore wise it should be faster than common animals that could be used as mounts.

3. Stopping to mount/dismount is annoying.

4. Windwalking looks much cooler than riding mount anyway. :P

Archived