Need help to understand what they are doing to the game

Naehri

1 hour ago, LilMsQT said:

Hihi, I am a returning player. It's been about a year...and coming back. I was able to read thru a few posts and skimmed the rest to get an idea on how things are and what I might be faced with. I am level 50 hm 8, if I remember correctly. Sounds like I need to do some lower dungs ofc and solo content?  To catch up a bit.

I don't expect to be best in slot, but if I farm what content my currant gear allows how close am I b4 I am a bit more viable? Days, weeks...

I also noticed my server was merged and there are two now, which is fine, spare me the flaming fire end of game spew, not interested in hearing that, but hopefully there are ppl on after work in my time zone.  Well anyway guess I'll find out but yes any productive suggestions are appricated. Sounds like step one is find a guild.

Welcome back ^^ Finish the storyline (yellow quests). That should push you to level 55 HM 8 more or less, with legendary soulshield set (MSP) and your stage 1 legendary weapon, and you will be able to do the daily challenge. Finish the orange side quests too so you can do the weekly challenge. That should not take you more than one day ;) And have a look here, it is helpful: 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Fiana said:

i don't think that farming in this game is bad,  you can get 10k in just 1 day from ToI box stage 3, or from yunsang

the key to play this game is, not to rush upgrade

... You all guys really don't get it do you? your very precise response prooves how bad farming in this game is! It is tougth for new /low geared players to make even 10g per day and you come here talking about 10k a day! 

NC keep on making it harder for new players to catch up... while they keep on making it possible for geared players to reach new level of power and farm thousands a day. This makes the game be very much pay 2 win, because as a low geared you mostly have only 2 choices : either you cash shop as much as you can until you reach a correct level (we are talking about hundreds of euros.. or more) either you give up.

45 minutes ago, Charas said:

... You all guys really don't get it do you? your very precise response prooves how bad farming in this game is! It is tougth for new /low geared players to make even 10g per day and you come here talking about 10k a day! 

NC keep on making it harder for new players to catch up... while they keep on making it possible for geared players to reach new level of power and farm thousands a day. This makes the game be very much pay 2 win, because as a low geared you mostly have only 2 choices : either you cash shop as much as you can until you reach a correct level (we are talking about hundreds of euros.. or more) either you give up.

not really, i can get raven 1 less than 3 week after finish story quest

well, after that i can only upgrade weapon 1 stage maybe in 3 week or 1 month

but that's is what every old player do, you have no idea how hard it is to upgrade baleful weapon, and now they just give it to you freely, and you still complain
i've play 2 year, and i just get raven 9, bt awakened 1, etc 3 month ago

if you want to get raven 9, and join VT raid after you play only 1 or 2 month expection the game give everything to you freely, then it's spit in face for every old player who workhard, and now you can get free awakened ascending/hongmoon soul from event.. it's like get 23 sacred oil all at once

right now, new player can easly get raven 1, perhaps ppl like you don't understand how amazing this "raven" weapon is, and how hard it is to get it back then
can you imagine how hard it is to organize 24 man raid?

now you can just buy it off from market 200g, back then we bid war up to 7k gold for ferocity =.= you can farm pretty much everywhere with raven 1, you can go to yunsang and ToI if you know the mech

and then, it's unbefitting if you have raven weapon and still farm from ec and dt wkkwkw, go to IF EL SSM HH
low level dungeon is only for baleful weapon, who only need untradable mats

57 minutes ago, Fiana said:

not really, i can get raven 1 less than 3 week after finish story quest

well, after that i can only upgrade weapon 1 stage maybe in 3 week or 1 month

but that's is what every old player do, you have no idea how hard it is to upgrade baleful weapon, and now they just give it to you freely, and you still complain
i've play 2 year, and i just get raven 9, bt awakened 1, etc 3 month ago

if you want to get raven 9, and join VT raid after you play only 1 or 2 month expection the game give everything to you freely, then it's spit in face for every old player who workhard, and now you can get free awakened ascending/hongmoon soul from event.. it's like get 23 sacred oil all at once

right now, new player can easly get raven 1, perhaps ppl like you don't understand how amazing this "raven" weapon is, and how hard it is to get it back then
can you imagine how hard it is to organize 24 man raid?

now you can just buy it off from market 200g, back then we bid war up to 7k gold for ferocity =.= you can farm pretty much everywhere with raven 1, you can go to yunsang and ToI if you know the mech

and then, it's unbefitting if you have raven weapon and still farm from ec and dt wkkwkw, go to IF EL SSM HH
low level dungeon is only for baleful weapon, who only need untradable mats

Your post if again very self explainatory... but I believe ppl like you might just not be able to understand, you are giving arguments proving exactly the contrary of what you are saying! but you are so sure of holding the truth that you won't see it.

Back in the day as you said, ppl would bid incredible amount of money to get their raven mats. This situation was perfect because it was forcing gold to be shared accross the raid.

-> If you started raiding without gold, within a few weeks you could becore super rich and afford anything you need.

This is absolutly impossible right now! There is noway to earn this kind of gold at this gear level anymore! hell, even getting basic mats is much more of a struggle than it was before!

Nowadays you are waiting for newcomers to upgrade to raven within 2 weeks... well llet's see what we need there!

First you need to up your weapon to stage 10... I believe storyline bring you to stage 6... so let's start from here!

stage 6 to 10 = 9 transformation stone (150g) + 15 legendary element (300g) + 230 ss crystal + 80 moonstone crystal + 27 elysian crystal (+irrelevant mats)

->To farm those mats and money right after story line, considering how hard it is to get those, could take 2 months easy.

stage 10 to raven 1 = raven mat (let s say 200g) + 5 empyrean (1500g) + 20 legendary element (400g) + 50 moonstone crystal + 50 elysian crystal 

-> we are looking at a cost of 2k + 

This is a real fortune for a newcomer, it could easily take up to 6 months to gather considering noone even wants to party you and you nearly have no acces to any tradable material you could sell to cover your gold needs.

I understand ppl like you who played 2 years straight might be butt hurt each time they make anything "easier" for new players... but you really fail to see the big picture and to realise that in fact everything was much much easier for yourself.

BNS is a game which requieres a huge time investment... way to huge for any "normal" human... and trust me, being a newb here sux ass despite what you might think.

About the time investment part of the game:

Reason why this game requires so much time if you are f2p is simple. Game was basically designed for players with more than 8h time to play every day, AKA for Korean players as majority of the players there pretty much have that much time to spend. That part is most likely unfortunately not going to change anytime soon. Sure there are bit over the top rng involved that would need more work, for example the Asura's Ember item drop from Sogun's Lament. Apart from that type of bad rng game pretty much needs more than just 2 hours or less time if you want to progress quickly towards endgame. But why the rush?

About the community:

Let's face it, community here pretty much is the worst you can get and THAT is the only reason it is so hard for new players to get in to farming certain dungeons. Biggest reason as to why devs haven't done much yet is probably because in Korean they have NONE of these issues i would wager, so devs never had to create any failsafes for dungeon afking or other major issues caused by arseholes. Even if they fixed majority of the issues, it still does not fix the core of the problem. Toxicity. So stop being toxic to others and perhaps things will change for the better eventually. Sure you may not have much time to play but that doesn't mean you can just mess everybody else's gameplay. Another is things like demanding Raven from every single party member to clear Raven, which is one of the stupidest things ever. You are supposed to clear Raven with baleful9-10 to get Raven weapon lol.

@Charas no, you don't understand.. get stage 6 baleful straight out from story quest itself is huge gift from dev, and to get raven 1 in 2-4 month after you finish story quest is normal... that's what everyone doing, and now dev will reduce price again in next patch, right now everyone including the newbie always expecting raven weapon to drop from the sky,

what i want try to say is, you don't have to rush want to get high end gear in just 1 or 2 month, enjoy the game and story, learn the mech, join clan, have voice chat, etc

ah, iam talking for everyone who can play 2-3 hour per day, for everyone who can play 1 or 2 a week, i don't think mmorpg is game for you

I also play over 2 years now. My old true scorpion weapon of my old main char was more expensive then my raven 9 on my new main char.

I see the following problem for new Players (even there are not many out there, at least on the german server)

NC soft will reballance with the upcomming patch and i think this reballance will cause loose of a lot new players.

1. they reduce gold and materials in the lower dungeons but prices will raise

2. they call it an increase of bond materials from daily chest but its the opposit, in fact they reduce the amount of materials.

Ok wil will get 6-11 Soulstone-, 6-11 scared-, 1-3 moonstone- and 1-3 elysium crystals

therefore they removed th chance to get the 10x bundles from the daily chest. So overall you will get LESS materials from the daily Chest since we all know NC-Soft and you most commonly will get the lowest possible amount...

3. NC-Soft removed unbond materials from dialy chest and ill guess also from the weekly chests

You wont get any more Elysium-, Scraed orbs, Soul- or Moonstones. Moonstones already hit 9g. Even when i start playing (2 years ago) they havent been that expensive.

You can get moonstones only from 6vs6 but there is another problem, you need the Key and most people who do 6vs6 should be ran out of keys since they dont drop that much. The price for moonstones will raise and therfore also the price of transformation- and premium stones.

4. People below 1.1k AP nearly have no chance to even run IF, EL, SSM let alone HH, DD but they wont get any mats from lower dungeons anymore. (ok its a problem with the toxic community but NC-Soft should know about this, and im sure they do, and take it into account when they want to keep BnS alive in EU/NA)

At the moment i think either NC-Soft is full of people who dont know their game or they want to destroy the game on purpose.

A developer who know his game wont make such bad decisions.

We will see what happens, but at the moment i think it will be better to watch out for another game, even i like BnS a lot, but im tired of NC-Soft screewing up every damn patch and macking everything more and more expensive. Just think about Pet pouches to upgrade your pet.

"We will make it more easy for you" Yeah price raised from avg. 30g to 200gold, way more easy... like always...

@Fiana

Zitat

and now dev will reduce price again in next patch, right now everyone including the newbie always expecting raven weapon to drop from the sky,

LoL?!?

Where the hell they reduce the price? There is no reduction of the price, only the mats needed have changed a bit.

For sure it will get more expensive since unbond materials will become low, since they are removed from Daily Chest and for sure from weekly chest too.

They also wont drop in lower dungeons anymore.

And you expect things will getting cheaper?

11 minutes ago, Fiana said:

@Charas no, you don't understand.. get stage 6 baleful straight out from story quest itself is huge gift from dev, and to get raven 1 in 2-4 month after you finish story quest is normal... that's what everyone doing, and now dev will reduce price again in next patch, right now everyone including the newbie always expecting raven weapon to drop from the sky,

what i want try to say is, you don't have to rush want to get high end gear in just 1 or 2 month, enjoy the game and story, learn the mech, join clan, have voice chat, etc

ah, iam talking for everyone who can play 2-3 hour per day, for everyone who can play 1 or 2 a week, i don't think mmorpg is game for you

I could agree with you if BnS team would have never nerfed gold and drop rates over and over again on lower level dungeons. It is unfortunately not the case!

As a noob you are pushed to skip content in order to be able to farm things and have interactions with other players. It belongs in their design to make only high end dungeons attractive and rewarding.

On 5/3/2018 at 5:39 PM, Fiana said:

no it's only you, i can only play 3-4 hours a day after work, and i can get 3k-4k per week

really please tell me how you do this LMAO. I play 5-8 hours daily, have 8 characters that can do DC and weeklies, four that can do BT as well although sometimes i only do two bts each week and i still dont even come close to this amount you are so claiming to get. 1k i can see maybe 1.5k but your claiming double that or more so whats your secret?

On 5/4/2018 at 2:40 AM, Huratius said:

I see a dying game with a bunch of ignorant people. I will tell you how things work : the company has many projects and when a project is getting old, they will start squeezing the ignorant people to get as much money as possible enough to fund a new project and to keep the cycle. 

This game is a pay to win, and its going to be like that till the end.

but its still a doable play for free game if someone puts their mind to it. Just those people who pay to win are lazy and know nothing about earning your gear or as we say in life earning and honest days pay. Ive seen whales be HM 20+ and not even know how to play their characters because they chose to pay their way to the top.  I have carpal tunnel some times extremely bad but i still push myself to earn the levels i get, farm the stuff i have and work for my upgrades.

Aside from the fact that new players/alts are gonna have an even harder time in game with the further reductions in rewards everywhere (except in dungeons they cannot run), I can't even start explaining how boring it is for me to go to F8 and see announcements ONLY for 3 dungeons all day: Ransacked Treasury, Drowning Deeps and Hollow's Heart, with rare guest appearances of Starsoul Mines. Don't tell me that everyone LFP for the rest, please. 

Such beautiful environment and visuals, such a nice big world... all wasted now. For someone that started at launch too, it is painful to see. 

If you already have very all completed elemental gear (1150+ AP mostly) do not compare to people that having 900-1050AP.

I can get 20K-30K gold per month if I want to BUT I have job and life to do. My VT gear pvp wpn and top soul are enough to farm (I play 2 years+).

They try to do SSM NS EL IF even NF but kept failing and waiting for good heart-ed and elite geared player to join their raid so they can complete the daily at least.

Try play alt without getting support fund/materials from your main class. 

Try do those dungeon on LFP mode. Lots of ppl struggle to finish it.

Unless they want to stick to raven 3/6 or riftwalk 3/6 forever with stage 3 elemental mostly.

3 hours ago, Jack Valent said:

They try to do SSM NS EL IF even NF but kept failing and waiting for good heart-ed and elite geared player to join their raid so they can complete the daily at least.

Try play alt without getting support fund/materials from your main class. 

Try do those dungeon on LFP mode. Lots of ppl struggle to finish it.

I agree, i tried to finish SSM daily with my 1k AP warlock so i just joined a pug group ( HM 10 &11) , after three tries at the boss they still failed to unfreeze people even after explaining what to do.

I left because i have better things to do ´than to fail with people who just wont listen.

14 hours ago, LoliDolly said:

really please tell me how you do this LMAO. I play 5-8 hours daily, have 8 characters that can do DC and weeklies, four that can do BT as well although sometimes i only do two bts each week and i still dont even come close to this amount you are so claiming to get. 1k i can see maybe 1.5k but your claiming double that or more so whats your secret?

it's not really a secret, all i did is spaming ToI

first, i'll spam f16-f20 to get yunsang bead and unrefined bracelet while get rng drop elysian orb and sacred orb, after that i salvage unrefined bracelet to get yunsang bead again, trade the bead for ToI ticket + each day we get free 2 ticket from daily

so you go to ToI, go up to floor 60 or more, after that you intentionally dead, you'll get ToI stage 3 box
after that you go inside again, this time you'll start from F60, kill 1 times enemy, after that kill yourself again to get ToI stage 3 box
repeat
??
profit
:3 depend on how much ticket, luck, and skill you have... you can get easy gold :3 maybe 10k per week if you focus on farming

the gold is so easy for me to the point it's far more easier to buy VT gear instead make my own raid, lol

Fiana, you may be able to do that before or now, but with the update that drops this Wednesday, I doubt you can. Not without help from main. Remember we are talking about new players here - and the fact that the game is becoming quite impossible for them. 

You keep talking about making gold easy, so I assume you are geared. Therefore I suggest you trying to do that with a story character after this Wednesday, with no help from main whatsoever of course, no naryu silver to reroll gem slots on your baleful 1, no naryu tablets to upgrade weapon, no forging orb or xanos discs, no gold or mats of course. No gem to boost ap. Without any help from your main. Just try it after this Wednesday. 

You keep talking about "not rushing upgrade", but what we are talking about here is not "not rushing upgrades" - it's about progression being made more and more impossible for new players. We old players may not be all super duper geared, but at least we are geared enough to not being in the bad part of the grind. We old players have more control over our progression, we are strong enough to get to decide whether we would want to farm gold or (tradeable) materials. New players don't have our freedom or flexibility. They can't grind tradeable materials, they can only buy them.

For example, I'm just gonna zero on getting Raven 1 because it's a bare entry weapon at this point of the game. No it's not endgame anymore, and with the current ap demand of F8 or weeklies, it's not something you'd want to grind for for 2 months, not to mention 4. I'm gonna be lenient and assume that getting to Baleful 9 is so easy it's free and just focus on baleful 10 - Raven 1. To get from Baleful 9 to Raven 1, you need 35 elements, 5 empyrean stones, 17 transformation stones. Each of these three things is, and I'm sorry for my language, a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ to get in its own right. 

New players don't have PvP gears or 6v6 keys to do 6v6 to make moonstones. They have no gears and no group, so they can't do hardmode dungeons or F20 for elysian orbs. They don't have access to higher dungeons or hardmode - or F20 so farming sacred orbs is out. They may be able to do arena for soulstone so I'm leaving this one out. About ToI, yes it drops quite a bit of soulstones and sacred orbs. But you need like raven 1, or if you only have baleful, then unless you are gunner, you need good ping to consistently get past Floor 40 to even begin thinking about box stage 1 or 2 for a chance at the materials. But since they don't have raven 1 therefore I could say that ToI is out as well. Pretty much the only source a new player can get tradeable materials from is gonna be this weekly chest:

DcYphA5X4AA_UaN.jpg

With the assumption that he'd make 20 gold per day average (more like 14 gold if he gets lucky that somebody even takes him to NS but we are being lenient here) from doing daily dungeons from Lair of Frozen Fang to Naryu Sanctum NS (where else could he make gold from?) I'd assume that he completes weekly challenges every week (it's really hard considering he only has 850 - 900 ap and everybody and their moms is asking for 1k now but we are being lenient here right?) I'd also assume that due to 5 million charm being nerfed, prices would fall a bit so an empyrean stone then would be 180 gold (on NA it's 250 gold+ but again, we are taking it easy here) and a transformation stone would then be 10 gold (it's 15 gold now on NA, even more expensive on EU.) 

Now take a look at the materials required to craft empyrean stones and transformation stones:

WAcKK5N.png

That's just 3 empyrean stones by the way, still need 2 more. Let's just assume that this player has extraordinary luck that he gets maxed out the materials from the weekly box, it'd still take him 5 weeks to even craft just 3 stones. During these 5 weeks he should get 35 x 20 = 700 gold from dailies, 30x5= 150 gold from weeklies which is enough to buy two and still got about 850-360= 490 gold left. So all in all, even in the best case scenario, it would take him no less than 4-5 weeks for 5 empyrean stones.

hQVCUor.png

Now with 490 gold left, he can just buy 17 transformation stones, which should cost him 170 gold (10 gold for each) so he still has 320 gold left. So 5 weeks for him to get 5 empyrean stones + 17 transformation stones and he still has 320 gold left.

Then you add the 35 legendary elements to the mix and bam. It's either gonna require 700 gold - which minus the 320 he has left, would be 380 = about 19 days but I'm gonna round it up to just 3 weeks for easier math. Or he could go the 350 gold + mats route (I believe it's 10 gold + 10 soulstone crystals + 5 sacred crystals or something like this). With this route we can add another 1 day but I'm gonna give him free pass here. 

SO IN TOTAL, it's gonna be: 0 to 3 weeks (for 35 elements) + 5 weeks (for empyrean stones and transformation stones) = 5 weeks to 2 months (8 weeks)... for Raven 1. No accessory upgrades, no new costumes, no nothing just Raven 1. All these happen in ideal conditions too, in which this player can do every dungeon he can every day (all SIlverfrost + NS because nobody in F8 would take him to IF or EL and above), get maxed out the tradeable materials from weekly box, can finish NS everyday (which I doubt a new player can with this sad F8.) So in reality it's gonna be a lot slower than 5 weeks to 2 months. I'd say 2-3 months sounds like a proper estimate

Now, he could use another option, which is level up an alt from his free 2nd character slot, and do everything on that character too. So basically to reach raven 1 on one character it's gonna be over 1 to 1.5 month of doing everything he could on 2 characters (4-5 hours a day). I don't know about you but even writing this feels painful for me. How are you gonna tell a new player that he gotta play multiple characters just to even barely upgrade one to entry level?

You think Raven 1 is end-game? Nope. Back when BT just got released and Raven 3 was endgame, getting to baleful is a pain, true. But that was when Raven WAS endgame. NF was the top dungeon then a baleful stage 6 could pretty much got you there already (which it was till march or april last year.) You could even find party and complete DT EC with true scorp 10 in F8 easily.  And you didn't even need NF anyway. The belt was nice to have but you could totally do without. You could just do all the dungeons below and already you got a sizeable chunk of gold and materials to further fund your upgrades everyday. Can you do that now? With this update coming this Wednesday you no longer can. Not when all dungeons below NS combined only gets a new player a puny 10 gold in this bad economy where he can't farm anything because he's too low geared. Not in this toxic community where they would kick him around the lobby like he has leper... He just started the game, totally innocent, and gets treated like this? It's unfair, it's ugly. 

Fiana, Raven 1 could barely get you into NS these days; and you probably know, NS is no where near end-game. You got IF, EL, SSM, HH, DD and then RT. RT is the current endgame. Raven 1 could only get you to a dungeon that's 5 dungeons below endgame  and you think for it to still demand over 3 months grind is reasonable? And that wanting it to be faster is "rushing upgrades"? Oh man...

Now I'm gonna put it in a paying player perspective.

A paying player can drop about 2-3k Ncoins, then buy 2-3K gold from F9 at 1:1.x rate, buy all the said materials and bypass all these 1.5 - 2 months or 3 months (in a non ideal situation)... in a day. No it's not even a day, it's in about 2 hours or so. Forget all the calculations I made above, just drop 2k or 3k Ncoins in. BAM you are set.

Now let that sink in for a little bit.

I don't know what you think, but for me, it's very unhealthy for the game to be like this.

Yeah, I'm gonna repeat for the 1000th time that I know that this game is F2P, and that it's made grindy to entice players to pay. I get that. But just read the above number. You can skip months of progression. MONTHS of actually playing the game with one swipe. That's crazy. And when you gate a new player with this, where he has no choice but to pay or suffer 1.5 months or 2 months to even scrape up an ENTRY LEVEL piece of equipment, paying is not optional anymore, it's a necessity. I know that a company gotta make money, I get that. But this? This is too much. Even with just a modicum of critical thinking would signal him to bail from the game asap, unless he enjoys P2W then he probably doesn't mind. I understand why a F2P game has "pay to progress". But you shouldn't do this this much and this soon to a new player's progression.

You could say that this is also largely fault of NA community (not sure about EU) for being so toxic and require so much gears for entry level contents. Which is more than fair, and more than true. This is where NC should have stepped in a long ago, should have implemented changes that motivate high geared players to help lower geared people. The extra dynamic box currently does nothing on that front so I don't count it in thank you. NC should have looked more into the economy and behaviour of playerbase before rolling out the patches. NC Korea probably doesn't know about this since KR version probably doesn't have the same problem we have here in NA/EU but still, as a company that's publishing/managing the game, something should have been done a long ago...

Despite this wall of text, I'm not mad or angry at anyone. I'm just sad and disappointed. The reason I got time to even type this wall of text is because I am not in game at the moment. Just... think of that....

Good day to all of you.

P/S: I'M SORRY TO ALL OF YOU. I MISCALCULATED IN MY ININITIAL POST AND I'VE MADE CORRECTIONS.

IT ONLY TAKES 5 WEEKS TO 2 MONTHS TO GET RAVEN 1 IN IDEAL CONDITIONS AND ABOUT ANYWHERE FROM 2-3 MONTHS REALISTICALLY INSTEAD OF 3-4 MONTHS LIKE I SAID BEFORE. 

I'm sorry for making it look worse than it would be. But still, imn my opinion, for something as basic as Raven 1, it still shouldn't take as long as 2 or 3 months to get.

@Thicc Stoccpot

well, if you put it that way, it's sure sound pretty bad... but if we look at history when VT raid first appear, everything is like today
ncsoft force player to upgrade for Twilight Temple and Vortex Temple,

if they not do this, no one will do TT, iam hope they will nerf IF and EL just like how they turn EC and DT to braindead dungeon
the problem with this game is, the dungeon, map, story already far too developed because this game already
run for more than 10 years

I seriously doubt ncwest staff/dev play this game normally. "We want players to focus on new content dungeons so we are gonna reduce gold reward from old contents so you can gear up very slowly for it". Thank you so much NCWEST!

@Thicc Stoccpot I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you for doing the math and thoroughly outlining just how horrible the state of the game is right now. I only hope someone from NCSoft actually reads it and pays attention to how truly awful these changes are. They make no sense in the scheme of things. None at all.

I didn't think it was possible...but this game is actually worse than Aion right now in terms of P2W. It's pretty disgusting.

I'M SORRY TO ALL OF YOU. I MISCALCULATED IN MY ININITIAL POST AND I'VE MADE CORRECTIONS. PLEASE CHECK MY POST ABOVE, I'VE ALREADY EDITED IT.

IT ONLY TAKES 5 WEEKS TO 2 MONTHS TO GET RAVEN 1 IN IDEAL CONDITIONS AND ABOUT ANYWHERE FROM 2-3 MONTHS REALISTICALLY INSTEAD OF 3-4 MONTHS LIKE I SAID BEFORE. 

I'm sorry for making it look worse than it would be. But still, in my opinion, for something as basic as Raven 1, it still shouldn't take as long as 2 or 3 months to get.

Reinstate the AP buff from the last event (+300 or something) for all new dungeons.

Even Baleful should be able to clear it if they're running 1200 AP due to the buff.

But yes, NC is obviously doing the "let's drive away everyone but whales and milk the whales" business model. That's a shame because non whales outnumbered whales and sooner or later it's going to be a ghost town. City of Heroes anyone?

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Thicc Stoccpot:

I'm sorry for making it look worse than it would be. But still, in my opinion, for something as basic as Raven 1, it still shouldn't take as long as 2 or 3 months to get.

Doesnt make much of a difference in my oppinion. Up to NS you can use the LFP-Button and have good chances to finish the dungeon.

But IF, EL and higher you wont have any chance to with randoms from F8. you will instant get kicked.

Weekly Challange possible with Balefull / Seraph, but you need some luck too to find a party.

So there is not much where you can get some gold.

Our prices in F5 are getting more and more close to prices in asia, but instead of increasing the gold for dungeons, like they did in asia, they reduce it more and more. (at least i was told by a friend who play on an asia server)

Especially for the past three acts, the game has been following a standard pattern, a new story act is release which provides lots of upgrades, there's a couple updates with new six person dungeons, next they add a new side story to set up the new raid dungeon, that gets released over the course of a patch, or two, then the cycle repeats itself. Right when a new act is released is when the gap between where you are after completing the story content, and the content NCSoft wants you to be doing is the smallest. Although over the course of releasing up to, and including the raid dungeon, they, especially as of late, keep trying to push people into the newer content, and out of the older content through reward reductions, and changing the daily challenge dungeons, which causes that gap to increase.

We're nearing the end of that cycle once again, so now that gap is rather wide, although once act nine is added, that gap will shrink again, as in the story content they'll likely do things up to giving out lots of materials to upgrade straight to Baleful/Seraph 10, maybe even some Raven weapon stuff (which would explain why they did the reset bundle in the cash shop recently), maybe the same souls we'll be getting in the upcoming event (past couple acts have given us better souls after all, better pets too), plus possibly even the DT, EC, and NF legendary accessories, or at least the Pinnacle ones, as well as possibly enough XP for another HM level, or two. Depending on far they go with that, we could then be at about 1k AP after the act nine story content, and like always, some of the top end players will again complain about all the stuff the story content/events give, and how underappreciated they are, since those things do nothing to help them, and could even reduce their earnings.

Although with the B&S community, being the B&S community, as the overall AP of players increases, and even while they nerf old content, the AP demands for content will still increase. Raven 1-3+ is becoming an increasingly common demand, even for DT, EC, and NF, AP demands also are always on the uptick as new content is released, so with the new soul event, and new items in the next patch, we may see a general increase in AP demands of about 50, or so AP.

The community, not NCSoft, is the number one thing holding new players/characters back, makes them feel like trash, and feel like quitting, which has been the case for much of the time this game has been out here, NCSoft just isn't really helping matters any when they make changes to the whole of the game, based on the top end players. This is why I feel solo variants of dungeons would be a big help, as I said in a recent thread I started. In a way, we get such versions eventually anyhow, take the more recent changes made to things like Awakened Necropolis, now you only defend the one location, instead of three at once, other changes to older content reduce the mechanics, so one person could clear it have been made in the past, and will apparently be coming in the next patch too, from there you just need enough damage output to deal with enrage timers. I'm just saying make a version like that, with lower HP on mobs, less adds, and such sooner, rather than just later when the content has been delegated to the trash content bin. With such versions on more current content, people could learn most of the mechanics, and gear up some so they could more readily get in teams of the group versions, which would have certain rewards the solo version doesn't. That, or maybe remove the option to setup your own teams in F8, if you want your own custom team, you'd need to do it in your own server, and walk into the dungeon entrance, while F8 is just for pick-up-groups, a raid dungeon party finder added to F8 would be helpful too. If people had to deal with whoever came their way more, rather than be so selective, it would force people to act less like the elitist pricks so many are in this game.

On 5.5.2018 at 7:56 AM, Fiana said:

Raven 9 isn't a hard thing anymore, upping the draken accessories is! Or can you explain me why you need to buy elements worth 2000g for every draken accessory to upgrade to stage 10, while the next better accessory version needs 2100g elements?

I was and still I am near to max gear for many patches and I don't feel like I got spit in the face by any upgrade cost reduction at all. I always had the advantage to farm with my gear easier for days/weeks/months before the update hit and was able to play through new dungeons faster than people with less gear, keeping up the gear gap between them and me.

I like to see upgrade cost reductions, because some items have near to 30 stages now but the price curve doesn't represent that. I mean we have an economy here, some parts are determinate by the developers, but have you ever seen a company selling old products for the same price while there are 10 more generations?

Archived