Need help to understand what they are doing to the game

Naehri

Hello guys,

I'm here to ask for help, since i'm not understanding much about where they want to go with the changes coming on eternal nights.

The major changes I could notice were new 6 and 12 man dungeons, new accessories, new soul, new rng box. Pretty much the same, as always.

Okay. Usually, when they launch new items and dungeons, they used lower the cost of stuffs focusing on give more chance for weak people to evolve/get materials in dungeons, DC and WC.

But now, it seems to be happening the oppose.

For example, they are removing every single chance to earn gold from daily challenge, by removing chance to get elysian orb, moonstone orb and gold bars.

Adding to this, they just increased the cost for upgrading weapons and accessories. Riftwalk/Downforged are getting more PTS to evolve. Its not a simples increase, its a HUGE increase.

What i'm trying to understand is: Okay, the game was basicly "get rid of job/school or pay to win". But now it seems its even more "pay to win".

Newer people are getting even more smashed.

It's only me or you guys feel the same?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no it's only you, i can only play 3-4 hours a day after work, and i can get 3k-4k per week

the reason why they reduce reward for old dungeon NF below is to force player to play newer dungeon (NS above), if they're not do this
no one will play DD, RT, ST due to time limit how much player can play each day (each dungeon is take like 30 min if no wipe)

as far i see from upgrade patch, this patch is not bad
make pet pack bound to account

increase DGS drop from IF
reduce sacred oil for soul

fix problem with 5m exp

they've heard our complaint and answer them

Are you even playing the same game Fiana??? THERE IS NOTHING BUT RECRUITMENT in F8 for the dungeons u just mentioned... HH, DD, RS, SM over and over again and nooooooo s*** they all wanting 1.1k + AP ppl... with absolute ZEROING of older dungeons reward... what can a 900 ap baleful person / new player do? Don't tell me going farm newer dungeons cause dam right he be either flamed he is clueless - because flash news he will be ONCE HE WONT BE EVER ENTERING BASIC DUNGEON which teaches how to even CC - or just straight kicked from EVERY SINGLE PRECIOUS IF EL DD RT party in lobby :P

And as a matter of fact... don't see why such need to take of that one pity gold off the old dungeons.. what if someone likes to do them out of nostalgy/liking to do them or for achievment? Sure, let's focus now all in all just on IF and UP and baleful folks, sorry no dungeon for ya :P or well there is but no reward for ya since yall all so full of gold and mats like end game peeps  so god save us you would get that one extra pouch of em trololol

EDIT: OH WAIT HE COULD GO BT AND GEAR UP RIGHT (since jonathan said it should be raid focused now)??? ahhhh naaah new player can't do that either, cuz in PUG parties people advertizing ''1.1k AP ppl'' .... so pretty much need raven to run the raid where u should be getting the raven... No logic, no sense.....

God save us (again) a baleful person would enter BT ..... oh yeah he could PAY for carry run... where to get gold??? SURE IN EL IF SM ++++ where he ... can't get in with baleful ... hmmmmm :thenking: logic of BnS as always .... works out fine trololol

So here's the advice.... u wanna do end game and raids? Upgrade first to raven .. where to get mats and gold since the old stuff is nerfed? Swipe your card darling or wait til they give the stuff away 6 months later when its old content ;) the choice is absolutely yours :* (Welcome to BnS!! lololol)

I  will  tell  u  what , u  didnt  get  the  good  idea.

They  didnt  mke  the  gold  drop  from  NF  to 0 , it  is  not 0  gold , u  can  eneter  a  normal  seraph clan  which  required only  story  , also  u  r  now  easy  to  get  to  seraph 6 out  from  story , so  after  u  do  it  u  r  gonna  get  into  baleful 10 then  raven , ops  raven  is  Hard  to  get , u  can  say  that  aftet  the  update .

The  emperyean  spirjt  stne  might  be  easier to  get , also  u  can  buy  a  casry  for 50-100 g  for  BT , not  that  much . 

Aso  weapon  is  not  the  only  thing  that  buffs  your  dps   , there  is  the  awakened  soul  from  the  soul  event  which  might  give  u 50 K + dps.

Omg  u will  say  u  need  to  play  Ns , IF   El  for  event .

Actually u  dont  have  to , u  can  easy  do  it  by  daily  challenges , also  if  u  want  more , go  play  arena  and  learn ur  class .

Also  u  know  u  can  ask  for  carry  in  faction  chat  if  u  r  crimson , late  at  night  or  morning  before  reset , after  reset  ppl  want to do  their  dungeons , or  easy  get  a  new  clan  by  asking  in  faction chat  and  tell  them  that  u  r 900 ap.

So  u  can  help  them  and  they  will  too .

4 hours ago, Cordelia885 said:

Are you even playing the same game Fiana??? THERE IS NOTHING BUT RECRUITMENT in F8 for the dungeons u just mentioned... HH, DD, RS, SM over and over again and nooooooo s*** they all wanting 1.1k + AP ppl... with absolute ZEROING of older dungeons reward... what can a 900 ap baleful person / new player do? Don't tell me going farm newer dungeons cause dam right he be either flamed he is clueless - because flash news he will be ONCE HE WONT BE EVER ENTERING BASIC DUNGEON which teaches how to even CC - or just straight kicked from EVERY SINGLE PRECIOUS IF EL DD RT party in lobby :P

And as a matter of fact... don't see why such need to take of that one pity gold off the old dungeons.. what if someone likes to do them out of nostalgy/liking to do them or for achievment? Sure, let's focus now all in all just on IF and UP and baleful folks, sorry no dungeon for ya :P or well there is but no reward for ya since yall all so full of gold and mats like end game peeps  so god save us you would get that one extra pouch of em trololol

EDIT: OH WAIT HE COULD GO BT AND GEAR UP RIGHT (since jonathan said it should be raid focused now)??? ahhhh naaah new player can't do that either, cuz in PUG parties people advertizing ''1.1k AP ppl'' .... so pretty much need raven to run the raid where u should be getting the raven... No logic, no sense.....

God save us (again) a baleful person would enter BT ..... oh yeah he could PAY for carry run... where to get gold??? SURE IN EL IF SM ++++ where he ... can't get in with baleful ... hmmmmm :thenking: logic of BnS as always .... works out fine trololol

So here's the advice.... u wanna do end game and raids? Upgrade first to raven .. where to get mats and gold since the old stuff is nerfed? Swipe your card darling or wait til they give the stuff away 6 months later when its old content ;) the choice is absolutely yours :* (Welcome to BnS!! lololol)

What can a 900 AP baleful person, new player do? They can make THEIR OWN party in F8 and recruit people for their own party. Problem solved.

I am also pretty sure if you ask for help properly higher geared players will join in and help to.

You are relying too much on whales taking you for a carry than put efforts in yourself.

I discussed this matter in a thread I started recently, so will just expand on that with this post.

Before the rewards reduction higher level, and geared characters often did dungeons like Sogun's Lament, and Shattered Masts, as they considered it worth the time, but after the reduction in rewards, typically you would only expect to get a team for either when they're on the daily challenge (DC). Then since the quest on DC for Shattered Masts these days doesn't require you to complete the dungeon, typically the team will all leave when they complete the DC quest, even if the team was recruited stating it was a full clear run.

Reducing the rewards, just makes people less inclined to do it, thereby making it far more difficult for people trying to get their weapon upgrade items specifically from those dungeons, and Pinnacle accessories for instance, with those accessories still being better than the stuff you get from the story quests, or from that one NPC in the Act VIII city. If people could get teams for that content readily enough, NCSoft wouldn't be removing the Flower of Lament, and Taikhan's Skin requirements from weapons upgrades. It gives the feeling that they expect people to jump straight to legendary accessories from the story content, but with them nerfing the rewards from dungeons yet again, we can expect people to be doing Desolate Tomb, Ebondrake Citidale, and Naryu Foundry less in the future, which are dungeons people already tend to demand 1k+ AP to get teams for, sometimes people even insist on Raven 3+, or up to 1.2k AP for those dungeons.

What keeps happening in this game is they make changes to try to push people into newer content, but there will be a gap between where a new player/character will be after completing the story content, and the content NCSoft wants us to be doing. They have run events they specifically state are there to help people catch up equipment wise, then the event will require you to do the new dungeons they just added, which of course the people that aren't caught up can't do. When they added the Soul Fighter, instead of having an event that encouraged people to start a new character, they had an event revolving around the DC, which at the time a fresh base level cap character couldn't really expect to do, so many didn't bother making, or at least playing the Soul Fighter till after the event. They just keep making weird decisions that like.

Then the notion that all people have to do, is form their own teams is also flawed. I've often seen people join a team for a dungeon even below Naryu Sanctum in F8, see some HM 8, or 9 in the team, then instantly abandon it. Even for stuff like the current event dungeon, I've seen people bail if there's a level 50 in the team. I've joined teams that advertise 1k AP requirements, which I met, then the team leader says "Baleful?!" and kicks me. Lots of people playing this game have no desire at all to play with anyone below certain absurd standards, even for easy content.

There's a limit as to how far a baleful team can push as far as dungeons go, especially when not everyone can pull off maximum damage potential due to bad ping.

If you have good ping, you can do ns, if, el with baleful 9 on every class. But if you don't, well the best you can do is ns, and only in certain classes that are ping friendly.

With that said, let's just all agree that the best a new/pre raven player can do on average is ns (ns in f8 all asks for raven now but I'm being lenient here). Now, if the stream is correct, naryu foundry only gives 1.5 gold after patch - it's 4 gold now I believe.

If NF gold reward is nerf by that much (by 50% gold reward) then I can assume the rest of the dungeons before it (dt,ec, silverfrost) would be nerf the same way. So less gold income for people who are still doing them in general - which are low gear players / alts / new players. Meanwhile things are expensive. I'm gonna be positive and assume that market prices would be a bit better because 5 million xp charm is getting nerf but since the gold rewards of low dungeons are also getting nerf, new players / low geared people / alts would still suffer just the same.

It's not just about players not putting  in their best effort and just want carry. Sure there's a lot of that. A whole lot. But for me it's also about the direction they are taking with the game. They just tell new players to shove it with this upcoming update. To get raven 1 (which is the absolute bare minimum) you need 17 transformation stones, 5 empyrean stones. Since new players / low gear players /alts can't farm tradeable materials, they cannot farm and craft tranformation and empyrean on their own. So they gotta buy from market... But oh wait they got no gold because the only dungeons that they can do give them too little.

A tranformation stone is 14 gold each at na atm and with the 5m charm being nerf let's assume it would fall back to 10. So 17x 10 = 170 gold total. 5 empyrean stones, a stone is 240 gold each atm and maybe 180 after update, so that's 900. And legendary elements too, 35 of them = 700 gold.... Like I said above, a new player can do up to NS, so they make about 10 gold (from nf down) + 4.5 gold from NS + say maybe 5 6 extra gold from bid = 20 gold on an average day. So it would take them roughly over 2 months to even break raven 1.... Which is quite a daunting task because to clear every dungeons from the lowest to ns for 2 months is quite a commitment in and of itself. If that player takes it easy then it's gonna be even slower. See how discouraging that sounds? Yup. 

The game is getting less new player friendly by each update. With its current state, would you honestly recommend this game to your friend? I for one, like the story so I'd tell him to do story and that's it. After the story ends, the game becomes such a trap it's terrible. 

Yeah I know they are nerfing low dungeons to incentivize players to do later dungeons, but wthout the gold income, how are new players / low geared players / alts gonna get the gear for high dungeons?

Yeah I also know this is f2p game so it's made to be grindy to make microtransaction more enticing, but there should be a balance to that. If you make it too grindy, then the said players would bail even before becoming invested enough to pay. Worse yet, words of mouth spread, they are gonna tell their friends that the game is such a trap don't play, etc ... You see what I'm getting at?

I'm saying all these as a guy who loves the game and have played for a year and a half. It's just sad to see the game strays further with each update.

To end at a positive note, (potential) free awakened soul is nice.

2 hours ago, HateMe said:

You are relying too much on whales taking you for a carry than put efforts in yourself.

*coughs* sorry to disappoint you I am no longer baleful, actually to tell you the truth I am raven 6, BT earring, VT neck (which dropped my AP ofc under 1.1k) ... I'm not relying on anyone since most of the dungeons I run I am the first to volunteer for mechs.... but surprise surprise noone cares what gears I have... my ap is under 1.1k and on day to day basis I'm being kicked from HH, EL or at times even the pity SM... unlucky? maybe.... but i doubt a baleful person will have any easier life.

Yeah he could create a party like above ppl mentioned, but it's gonna be pain in the arse to actually make anyone join.... how do I know? because I have eyes.... everyday when u actually look you can find a baleful person look for higher dungeon and he keeps recruit and recruit (so no don't tell me BnS is such a good place of rainbows and butterflies that everyone is eager to help..) Been to BT group which fell apart cause a baleful joined and they were upset he doesn't pay for ''carry'' yet he had gears for BT if you think bout it how we were running BT in past...

Under no circumstances I am saying it's impossible... I just wouldn't go that far as NC to reduce completely everything off the lower dungeons, because sometime a person doesn't have a clan, or is not social or doesn't wanna ask in faction chat (considering many times when someone asks he gets troll messages.... ). Just let em be like they are... they anyway not too giving in general, so why strip off of lets say 4g NF to 1g NF.... why was it bothering so much NC to do it :/

@Why Bother, @Thicc Stoccpot, @Cordelia885 I fully agree with you guys. NC should reconsider this crazy policy of forcing players to run newer dungeons by stripping new players/alts even more of the little they currently get towards gearing up enough to run the aforementioned dungeons. It will never work, unless they consider that reducing the player base even more is a good outcome. 

I see a dying game with a bunch of ignorant people. I will tell you how things work : the company has many projects and when a project is getting old, they will start squeezing the ignorant people to get as much money as possible enough to fund a new project and to keep the cycle. 

This game is a pay to win, and its going to be like that till the end.

I would like to say that I agree with the general sentiment in this thread.  I've been playing this game since beta and I can tell you that by the end of the first year I've told anyone who asked me about the game not to even bother.  While I love the game and enjoy playing it I still recognize the stupid decisions the devs keep making trying to force people into spending real money on the game.

I have more than 1 character at roughly 1.2k ap with full BT gear and partial VT gear and have 0 problems finding parties for all current content and I STILL think the devs are making a very bad move with this dungeon reward nerf.

16 minutes ago, Huratius said:

I see a dying game with a bunch of ignorant people. I will tell you how things work : the company has many projects and when a project is getting old, they will start squeezing the ignorant people to get as much money as possible enough to fund a new project and to keep the cycle. 

This game is a pay to win, and its going to be like that till the end.

10/10

I really hope the next update preview will come with the Titanic theme song in the background, at this point...seems appropriate ;)

NF quest gold reward reduced from 7 to 1g ?

There are still a bunch of baleful/seraph players out there. If you think those players will be accepted in high end dungeons, then please start to play the game dear Devs. 

Players with decent gears will not do those dungeons anymore. Gl for the alts and newbies.

IF my total dailies income are less than what it is now, then bye premium. I ll never put a single euro in this game anymore. 

8 hours ago, Cordelia885 said:

here OP, listen carefully to my advice, you CAN'T do anything by yourself in this game, throw far away the thought "i want to be lone wolf solo player" like SAO or older mmorpg,
every part in this game need team group, you have to find proper party for mech in dungeon and raid

so join a clan, find a friend in this game have voice chat with them... iam not saying you should rely on whales, but you can always rely on friend
if you live in asian timezone here my discord : Lit Fiana#2144

i'll help you gear up through the game, teach you how to farm gold, carry through BT, and maybe VT for achivement 
not all whale are evil, most of them are good guy who willing to help their friend to progress in game

and i haven't spend any real money in this game :3 other than costume

New players can't upgrade anymore because of less gold reward? I wonder how people did it when upgrading was 10+ times more expensive with baleful 1 costing 3 prem stones 800g each and nf not even existing and people wiping on dungeons like yeti and sogun. Saying upgrading is too hard now because of less gold reward is just silly. Imo people are just way too spoiled by how easy nf and below are nowadays thus taking getting gold/mats for no effort for granted. Now you even get event for free crit soul for little effort, didn't hear anyone complain about that.

Too much gold in the game is also one of the reasons mat prices increase and F9 rate getting worse because it's value is decreasing. You are complaing about the wrong thing here, you should complain about mat rewards decreasing not gold. More gold just makes materials more expensive because people buy more what we need are more materials.

2 hours ago, Cordelia885 said:

*coughs* sorry to disappoint you I am no longer baleful, actually to tell you the truth I am raven 6, BT earring, VT neck (which dropped my AP ofc under 1.1k) ... I'm not relying on anyone since most of the dungeons I run I am the first to volunteer for mechs.... but surprise surprise noone cares what gears I have... my ap is under 1.1k and on day to day basis I'm being kicked from HH, EL or at times even the pity SM... unlucky? maybe.... but i doubt a baleful person will have any easier life.

Yeah he could create a party like above ppl mentioned, but it's gonna be pain in the arse to actually make anyone join.... how do I know? because I have eyes.... everyday when u actually look you can find a baleful person look for higher dungeon and he keeps recruit and recruit (so no don't tell me BnS is such a good place of rainbows and butterflies that everyone is eager to help..) Been to BT group which fell apart cause a baleful joined and they were upset he doesn't pay for ''carry'' yet he had gears for BT if you think bout it how we were running BT in past...

Under no circumstances I am saying it's impossible... I just wouldn't go that far as NC to reduce completely everything off the lower dungeons, because sometime a person doesn't have a clan, or is not social or doesn't wanna ask in faction chat (considering many times when someone asks he gets troll messages.... ). Just let em be like they are... they anyway not too giving in general, so why strip off of lets say 4g NF to 1g NF.... why was it bothering so much NC to do it :/

Sorry but if someone is strictly looking at AP only.....he is a bad player and i would stay away from him. AP right now is the least stat that matters because getting 1,1k AP is easy and can be done with basic gear. The actually smart and experienced people look at gear and not AP.  I would take anyone under 1.1k AP but with proper accessories over someone who just focuses on AP and has crappy damage output.

As for the rest: they are changing this because people preferred to run the old dungeons because they went faster and were ignoring the newer content. I think this is a very good change and will force some people to actually learn mechanics of the new dungeons and try instead of cheesing thru everything.

We can keep going on in this discussion @HateMe... when u saying people who are looking for AP are not good players.... what's happening in F8 then? Becase pretty much then by what u saying those people are not good players. I don't know how others but i see rarely a 1k AP recruitment for HH or DD.. And frankly, forcing people learn mechanics... >> old dungeons, new dungeons or gears got nothing to do with that <<<.. been with hm 15+ people in dungeon who had no clue even how to mark in an old content like Irontech forge.... or hm 14s that still dies on punishment in BT .... So i don't think that's behind the new change. I'm actually not sure what it is... because as i mentioned above I see plenty of runs of end game dungeons and it was never an issue ''that oh new players ignoring end game dungeons''.. they weren't ignoring it, they were just gearing up different ways in dungeons like DT, Ec, NF, masts for pouches, boxes etc... and well in all honesty i doubt well geared people were neccessary crying that ohhh new player with balefuls aint doing end game.... that would really surprise me if that would be the case o.O

One more thing .. when u talked bout cheesing stuff.... I don't think cheesing through is the expertise of new players.... seems it's more of an expertise of strong players if you look at for example F8 EL runs.... because colour me intrigued but not one hm13+ ever brought the bomb to me when i was the poison carrier :))))

@Fiona I never said there is only evil in this game (but let's face it generally F8 is not the nicest place to be) nor I said i need carry.. as HateMe and you already just put me to the box of ''wanting to be carried'' for no reason without even knowing me. I'm geared enough and pretty much being part of mechs every dungeon I run... but someone needs to speak up for the new players, who might not be and in next patch can't even get little gold from little dungeons.  And as u saw there is a well geared person who already agreed it's the weirdest nerf they came up with and it will make the gap between rich and poor even bigger in my opinion....  

@Cor I agreee it is material problem I agree there is a lot of gold in game, but it's not in the hands of new players now is it? And yeah we were wiping in asura, we were wiping in yeti, but we could just LFP those dungeons and there would be plenty of same level players put together... now new players will hardly press the LFP button for IF, EL, DD, HH right? And yes baleful was expensive but it was the equivalent of current raven and raven itself it's still expensive to upgrade. 

1 hour ago, Cor said:

New players can't upgrade anymore because of less gold reward? I wonder how people did it when upgrading was 10+ times more expensive with baleful 1 costing 3 prem stones 800g each and nf not even existing and people wiping on dungeons like yeti and sogun. Saying upgrading is too hard now because of less gold reward is just silly. Imo people are just way too spoiled by how easy nf and below are nowadays thus taking getting gold/mats for no effort for granted. Now you even get event for free crit soul for little effort, didn't hear anyone complain about that.

Too much gold in the game is also one of the reasons mat prices increase and F9 rate getting worse because it's value is decreasing. You are complaing about the wrong thing here, you should complain about mat rewards decreasing not gold. More gold just makes materials more expensive because people buy more what we need are more materials.

Well, free soul is nice so of course nobody complains about that. 

Well my main thing is, new players can't farm most of the tradeable materials which are required to craft transformation stones and empyrean stones to breakthrough to raven 1 (soulstones, elysian orbs, sacred orbs, moonstones), so what can they do? Buy those things from market of course. But where do they get the gold when the lower dungeons' gold rewards are getting nerfed? Not to mention the inflation and 5 million xp charm making things way worse (they gonna nerf 5 million xp charm but let's face it, damage has been done already.) This is my main point with my post.

Now if you want to compare things to the past then:

In my opinion, back then, everything was more farmable than now. Frozen stingers (now known as sacred orb) could be acquired all the way from lair of frozen fang or yeti 6man or Necro, asura or sundered nexus... Just learn the mech and LFP if you couldn't find parties, finish the daily quest and you got some. If you had high gears and a static, 4man spamming was very profitable. SSP for soulstones was available 24/7 to almost everybody regardless gear level (and if you play range class of course, cause feelsmeleeman). Since lower dungeons still dropped 6v6 keys and the gear disparity wasn't big, everybody with some crit def and pvp soulshield was welcome for some moonstones. And let us not forget our dear Naksun for ms, the good days - he was the main reason for the prosperity of many players. Honorary hornaments could be farmed from 4 man dungeons, or F8... Crafting was still profitable somewhat... Tradeable materials used in crafting were much easier to farm than currently.

Now, just look at Moonstones, just look at sacred orbs, look at SSP... With each update we got crippled a bit farming wise... The ones that got shortest end of the stick have always been low geared players /alts/new players. The recent 5 million xp charm is the worst - an abomination to say the least. Back then there wasn't 5 million xp charm to ruin the market like now and everything was more available. We had a bigger playerbase then, that was farming stuffs constantly. But the playerbase has shrunk since then? Why? Too many quit while there weren't enough new players to replenish... Why did old players quit? Well, many reasons and if you are a vet you can probably list one or two so I probably don't have to tell you. Why do new players don't bother? Look at the steep prices of everything... Back then you got choices as a new player. You could either farm the materials, or buy them. Now if you are new, you can pretty much only buy stuffs. You can't farm moonstones - you have no gears, no 6v6 keys for box. You can't farm sacred orbs. You can at best do NS with your baleful weapon, while none of the dungeons below NS gives you sacred orb anymore. Soulstones can still be farmed so that's good. Elysian orb requires hardmode dungeons, but you are a new player, no gear no crew to farm. You see what I'm getting at? New players are the fresh blood of every MMORPG. Even in real life, as people die, new people are born to replenish the workforce. But here, there's no care/motivation about new players... With all the nerf to farming, I only see the lack of care and out of touch. Sure, discounts are nice, but with each discount comes a nerf to farming or some catches that make those discounts more or less the same.

I think I'm being too negative here, but these are my thoughts. I think I should refrain from speaking further....

The big issue I see with these changes is that people are being pushed into the dungeons that require high DPS and execution of mechanics before they are actually able to crank out the required numbers. For instance even NS can be an utter nightmare in f8 party if you end up with a group of HM7-9's with story accessories and +3 Bale. NS is a very simple dungeon to complete, but you need a certain amount of damage or you just see enrage on first boss and group falls apart. Really things were fine as they were, money could be earned at a reasonable pace so as to at least have a decent weapon and a few levels on legendary accessories before hitting the queues for things that are higher on the list. I may not think like everybody, but personally I wouldn't dare queue for something higher than NS without at least getting weapon to Raven and having a soul/mystic badge as well as accessories from DT/EC/NF/NS. I wish to be a valid part of a group, not a low geared hanger on who is barely tickling the boss when I queue for a dungeon.

3 hours ago, Cordelia885 said:

We can keep going on in this discussion @HateMe... when u saying people who are looking for AP are not good players.... what's happening in F8 then? Becase pretty much then by what u saying those people are not good players. I don't know how others but i see rarely a 1k AP recruitment for HH or DD.. And frankly, forcing people learn mechanics... >> old dungeons, new dungeons or gears got nothing to do with that <<<.. been with hm 15+ people in dungeon who had no clue even how to mark in an old content like Irontech forge.... or hm 14s that still dies on punishment in BT .... So i don't think that's behind the new change. I'm actually not sure what it is... because as i mentioned above I see plenty of runs of end game dungeons and it was never an issue ''that oh new players ignoring end game dungeons''.. they weren't ignoring it, they were just gearing up different ways in dungeons like DT, Ec, NF, masts for pouches, boxes etc... and well in all honesty i doubt well geared people were neccessary crying that ohhh new player with balefuls aint doing end game.... that would really surprise me if that would be the case o.O

One more thing .. when u talked bout cheesing stuff.... I don't think cheesing through is the expertise of new players.... seems it's more of an expertise of strong players if you look at for example F8 EL runs.... because colour me intrigued but not one hm13+ ever brought the bomb to me when i was the poison carrier :))))

@Fiona I never said there is only evil in this game (but let's face it generally F8 is not the nicest place to be) nor I said i need carry.. as HateMe and you already just put me to the box of ''wanting to be carried'' for no reason without even knowing me. I'm geared enough and pretty much being part of mechs every dungeon I run... but someone needs to speak up for the new players, who might not be and in next patch can't even get little gold from little dungeons.  And as u saw there is a well geared person who already agreed it's the weirdest nerf they came up with and it will make the gap between rich and poor even bigger in my opinion....  

@Cor I agreee it is material problem I agree there is a lot of gold in game, but it's not in the hands of new players now is it? And yeah we were wiping in asura, we were wiping in yeti, but we could just LFP those dungeons and there would be plenty of same level players put together... now new players will hardly press the LFP button for IF, EL, DD, HH right? And yes baleful was expensive but it was the equivalent of current raven and raven itself it's still expensive to upgrade. 

+1

2 hours ago, Redsquirl said:

The big issue I see with these changes is that people are being pushed into the dungeons that require high DPS and execution of mechanics before they are actually able to crank out the required numbers. For instance even NS can be an utter nightmare in f8 party if you end up with a group of HM7-9's with story accessories and +3 Bale. NS is a very simple dungeon to complete, but you need a certain amount of damage or you just see enrage on first boss and group falls apart. Really things were fine as they were, money could be earned at a reasonable pace so as to at least have a decent weapon and a few levels on legendary accessories before hitting the queues for things that are higher on the list. I may not think like everybody, but personally I wouldn't dare queue for something higher than NS without at least getting weapon to Raven and having a soul/mystic badge as well as accessories from DT/EC/NF/NS. I wish to be a valid part of a group, not a low geared hanger on who is barely tickling the boss when I queue for a dungeon.

Well said. 

3 hours ago, Redsquirl said:

totally agree!

they made this new event close to impossible to be farmed by alts - and it's the alts that are missing those awakened souls, not the mains.

How am i supposed to join IF, EL with my baleful9, story line accessories alt?

They say this event is to help us gear up for the future raid. BS as usual, whoever doesn't already v that soul they are offering won't even be able to do VT, let alone the new raid..

6 hours ago, HateMe said:

Sorry but if someone is strictly looking at AP only.....he is a bad player and i would stay away from him. AP right now is the least stat that matters because getting 1,1k AP is easy and can be done with basic gear. The actually smart and experienced people look at gear and not AP.  I would take anyone under 1.1k AP but with proper accessories over someone who just focuses on AP and has crappy damage output.

As for the rest: they are changing this because people preferred to run the old dungeons because they went faster and were ignoring the newer content. I think this is a very good change and will force some people to actually learn mechanics of the new dungeons and try instead of cheesing thru everything.

man, they were the ones who added older dungeons as daily quests in order for us to do them quicker. That was just 3-4 patches ago, when they removed necro or whatever from dailies and added more cold storage, hm, yeti and lair. I can still hear jonathan saying this "here guys, now you can finish your dailies quicker, just concentrate on farming certain dungeons for the accessories and less hassle for alts"

And now you're saying that omg we are ignoring new content? that's BS man and you know it. Yes, i'm ignoring everything above NF with my baleful9 alts, but I'm farming the hell out of  EL, SM, HH, DD for those 100 runs and the pvp accessories with my main!

But that's supposed to be the whole point - game is more alt friendly and you can concentrate on your main.

With this new event on May 9th having to farm IF, EL with baleful 9s will turn me into having 5-6 mains, instead of 1 main and 5 alts. you see what i'm saying here?

Hihi, I am a returning player. It's been about a year...and coming back. I was able to read thru a few posts and skimmed the rest to get an idea on how things are and what I might be faced with. I am level 50 hm 8, if I remember correctly. Sounds like I need to do some lower dungs ofc and solo content?  To catch up a bit.

I don't expect to be best in slot, but if I farm what content my currant gear allows how close am I b4 I am a bit more viable? Days, weeks...

I also noticed my server was merged and there are two now, which is fine, spare me the flaming fire end of game spew, not interested in hearing that, but hopefully there are ppl on after work in my time zone.  Well anyway guess I'll find out but yes any productive suggestions are appricated. Sounds like step one is find a guild.

Archived