Heaven's Mandate and Daily Challenge

Krucius

16 hours ago, Grimoir said:

it is but lets be real thats how it is....Yuo can type and say all you want but "my scale my loot" doesnt really entitle you to the loot.

Given any decent person that joins agrees to this but unless we live in an ideal world....that aint happening.

Also on the other hand....scale is say 1g and lets say an ornament drops for 10g....will you really give someone basically 15g free like that?

Tho in all fairness.....while getting the scale is really easy, they could just remove it, i mean you have a daily limit opn the dungeon anyway so whats the point of putting a lock on it when there is already a lock on it.

as u stated

scale is farmable

dungeon is one x day + scale to enter only

it means that players are lazy

it means that u have to have the scale to do dungeon.

it means that if that player didnt use scale u wont do dungeon.

i can solo heavens as a lot of my friends. but we do F8 (LFP) just for community help/merchant.

isn't it enough to let scale user to get loot?

OR maybe it is YOU that play in that unpolite way?

to me it hjappened like once in 100runs i got a "stealer" .  once i even bid because i was distracted. once in 100 runs.

"u" blame toxic community but spread the unpoliteness?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Shukran said:

as u stated

scale is farmable

dungeon is one x day + scale to enter only

it means that players are lazy

it means that u have to have the scale to do dungeon.

it means that if that player didnt use scale u wont do dungeon.

i can solo heavens as a lot of my friends. but we do F8 (LFP) just for community help/merchant.

isn't it enough to let scale user to get loot?

OR maybe it is YOU that play in that unpolite way?

to me it hjappened like once in 100runs i got a "stealer" .  once i even bid because i was distracted. once in 100 runs.

"u" blame toxic community but spread the unpoliteness?

i always duo mandate with my boyfriend, i never do LFP.

And i am not blaming anyone i am simply stating the obvious. Unless you have it written black on white by NCsoft that using the scale gives you full right for loot, you cant call other players stealers because the loot if Free for all. Given most players are polite, but still....

28 minutes ago, Gorango said:

Again, you can set loot options if you are THAT concerned about others bidding on loot off your scale...

No, you cant.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

i always duo mandate with my boyfriend, i never do LFP.

And i am not blaming anyone i am simply stating the obvious. Unless you have it written black on white by NCsoft that using the scale gives you full right for loot, you cant call other players stealers because the loot if Free for all. Given most players are polite, but still....

So it doesnt matter for you. Why do you talk about things you never faced by yourself? Go make a group for mandate, always use the scale and let everyone bid on everything and this every day you play, pls. Then you can say it's ok.

What if I would say "remove ALL arena rewards" because I dont do it? It's the same but it doesnt work like that.

LOL... guys, someone is missing the point:

It's not about loot, it's about trust.

I'm not concerned about loot, I'm concerned that it can take an hour for someone to trust 5 others in order to place a scale so all of them would be permited to do the dungeon... and even when that rare trust event happens, there's a high chance of being misplaced.

The abvious clue of that misplace trust is the loot being taken by someone else, but again, It's not about the loot, simply cuz not only the scale guy get that feeling, but everyone that didn't use a scale but also trusted.

Trust is a 'mechanic' present in all dungeons. While in most dungeons you can fake it (half afk, or get killed to afk on the floor, or tell "oh I've done this hundreds of times"), in HM you can clearly state that you're not to be trusted when you bid... but then, it's too late for something to be done.
It's the message you send when you bid, not a problem of in what you bid.

As said before, removing the scale would solve only ONE problem, but it would be a welcome one.

17 hours ago, Zedonia said:

No, you cant.

So it doesnt matter for you. Why do you talk about things you never faced by yourself? Go make a group for mandate, always use the scale and let everyone bid on everything and this every day you play, pls. Then you can say it's ok.

What if I would say "remove ALL arena rewards" because I dont do it? It's the same but it doesnt work like that.

Its a forum and i give my opinion on what i see, its called freedom of speech.

If you are really upset that people steal your loot, then either due it with a friend or solo it. there you go issues resolved you get to use YOUR scale and you get to keep YOUR loot.

Simple solution isnt it? no coding and devs needed.

8 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Its a forum and i give my opinion on what i see, its called freedom of speech.

If you are really upset that people steal your loot, then either due it with a friend or solo it. there you go issues resolved you get to use YOUR scale and you get to keep YOUR loot.

Simple solution isnt it? no coding and devs needed.

I thought that by saying "someone" you would understand, but you missed again xD

Also, Zedonia have a point, you're concerned about something you haven't even experienced.
The only problem with that, thou, is you're not being able to understand the topic cuz of that lack of experience.

The (laughable) loot is an incentive for random people to place a scale. It's not needed, but it sure helps.

On 12/20/2016 at 8:40 AM, lostforumaccount said:

LOL... guys, someone is missing the point:

It's not about loot, it's about trust.

I'm not concerned about loot, I'm concerned that it can take an hour for someone to trust 5 others in order to place a scale so all of them would be permited to do the dungeon... and even when that rare trust event happens, there's a high chance of being misplaced.

The abvious clue of that misplace trust is the loot being taken by someone else, but again, It's not about the loot, simply cuz not only the scale guy get that feeling, but everyone that didn't use a scale but also trusted.

Trust is a 'mechanic' present in all dungeons. While in most dungeons you can fake it (half afk, or get killed to afk on the floor, or tell "oh I've done this hundreds of times"), in HM you can clearly state that you're not to be trusted when you bid... but then, it's too late for something to be done.
It's the message you send when you bid, not a problem of in what you bid.

As said before, removing the scale would solve only ONE problem, but it would be a welcome one.

About time someone gets it.

14 hours ago, SuMMasteR said:

there's another "my scale my loots" :P change your heads or if you have scale you can go alone.

If you want a party run, all members have right to get items. So bid all items..

And the scale user has the right to set that. If you don't like it you don't have to join that party.

15 hours ago, lostforumaccount said:

I thought that by saying "someone" you would understand, but you missed again xD

Also, Zedonia have a point, you're concerned about something you haven't even experienced.
The only problem with that, thou, is you're not being able to understand the topic cuz of that lack of experience.

The (laughable) loot is an incentive for random people to place a scale. It's not needed, but it sure helps.

I actually do know what i am talking about.

I normally due it but i do join runs for it when my bf cant because of work etc. So i know what it is. The thing is when you make a party, even tho you say your scale your loot, you are in the belief that others respect that, and while some do, others dont, which in all fairness isnt wrong since you cannot claim loot simply speaking. Its the players own choice if he respects it or not, but he is in no way obligated to.

People are here crying that others roll on their loot well....thats how it is...sorry but you cant call it your own, and if you choose to trust those people to pass on everything thats completely on you and not on them.

The dungeon isnt even hard, so if yuo want to be sure to get all you need just solo / duo it and the issue is solved. A whole bunch of crying and complaining over literally nothing since you can easily avoid these situations but you choose not to

10 hours ago, Gorango said:

You can set your self to master looter and no one will be able to pick up loot.

You might be the only one who can pick it up but the auction starts no matter what you set. You cant prevent others from bidding thats why master loot is useless.

9 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I actually do know what i am talking about.

Ok, so, lets say everyone should bid on loot... what would happen next? Close to no HM pugs, but some guild runs when generosity strikes.

Scales are cheap now, but only thx to an event not long ago. In any case, that means donating hours+ of play time out of a dead 24man area or 'X'gold to a pug run.

Now compare to a scenario where only the person that placed a scale could loot: Constant HM pugs, since that invested gold or playtime would be presented with a costume or high priced item drop chance (but ofc, as any lottery, it's a fake chance, but keeps people trying).

Can you see the diference? The first one is a hoursofplaytime/gold generocity, the second one is a 'fake/cassino' generocity.

It's important that people who belive in that ≊0% chance of riches keep paying the entrance fee for those that are only interested in the real loot, which is given by the daily quest.

There will be always people crying about ''their loot'', but it's important that they believe it's theirs, or there will be NO DUNGEON at all! or you'll be forced to PAY and solo an unrewading dungeon. There are way better ways to make gold, but it's a good dungeon for new players!

So, would it be too much to give away a close to ZERO chance of riches so you can do the dungeon daily and for free? :D

I have a lot of scales and the "my scale, my loot" works out 98% of the time. I have had experiences where alts bid up. One guy told me that they werent giving me the stinger and mirage unless I paid 1g each for it. I made them pay me market price for both since he wouldnt give up bidding on them like the idiot that he was. Ive had opposite experience where an orn + black penguin dropped and no one even touched the bid button and let me have all the loot.

Some people are saying that people are not obligated to respect it. And they arent. However if you dont respect it then youre a jerk and it makes me re-think allowing anyone in my pug thats below a certain AP-req. I could just as easily recruit a 700+ my scale my loot HM and get people filling my party quickly and it being highly likely that those people would not care. Those people are already being carried by my scale, Im spending 1.8g (roughly on NA give or take a few silver) for the entire party to enter the dungeon and most of the times everyone knows that the drop is a feather + stinger (maybe a mirage). So what if the odd time an orn drops? If it dropped everytime, then perhaps this whole scale thing would be different, however as it stands it does not and people bid up not because they want the item but because they want to be toxic trolls.

@Grimoir The point is it is not LFP. It is a custom make party, if you don't like it you should not join in the party. You join in yet still bid on it then you are being a troll. I understand what you mean about people being jerks and nothing much we can do about it, but pushing the fault on to us 'crying' about it? That is not really fair on us, you should be pushing the fault on to those trolls. Edit: Reminds me about another chat I had with you where you push the blame to the victims. Not very nice -.-

Besides unlike you I don't have a GF to duo with, good for you having a way to 'avoid' troll, but don't push the fault down to us please. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

I see many advertisements for HM in cross-server (EU) from ppl who have scales. Some of them require 550 or 600 AP, but many doesn't require anything. I do HM every day and I don't farm/buy scales.

On 16.12.2016 at 7:50 AM, Meginb said:

I even ran into a special person who was absolutely sure Cold Storage had no mechanics whatsoever

Wow, I didn't know there were some mechs in CS :D I just don't like to read guides, so I know only mechs that are must-know (like mechs on bosses in Nexus). And it seems that CS is relatively easy, so you may not notice any mechs. But I usually say if I'm a first-timer in certain dungeon. What I did notice, that if party formed through advertising with some AP requirements, it does a lot better than party formed using LFP. After 550AP it is possible to find a party for any dungeon that is in daily challenge.

In my opinion, NCSoft should two 2 things:

1) Make daily challenge different for different HM levels. For example, one set of dailies for hm 1-3, other set for hm 4-7 and third for hm 7+. Now, if you are hm4 with low ap, it sometimes happens that you need to be carried in dungeon that you can't handle. I remember that pain, when you need nexus, but nobody wants you in their party because you have 400 ap. And now, beign hm10 with 600+ AP, I sometimes have DC in blackram narrows (what?!) or shriekeng caverns.

2) Make explicit AP requirements for purple dungeons. Because come on, this game has *cricket*ing enrage timers, so AP requirements already exist. Why don't make them clear? Weapon requirement doesn't work now and will not work if they make it higher, because you get ap from accessoires as well.

On 12/16/2016 at 4:54 PM, Ulrezaj said:

Let the party leader set master loot in lobby? That should fix every problem here.

I had a few issues with people bidding on my loot, I'm not going to use my scales ever again with randoms and I suggest going with clan as well. Less asshoes hopefully :P

I've ran into this problem also a couple times =/ I didn't rage or get mad, not worth the stress over a game. I just decided that I would only do the place with friends or just by my self.

Since the day some idiots outbid me in this dungeon after I used my scale, I never use all scales every again (I just sell all of scales on market). I just join random PUG party and always leave ASAP after the boss is dead to save the drama and troubles.

Some people in above posts argued that they should bid on the loot if something valuable drops (like ornaments). To be honest, these people are so greedy. If you really care about the loots or drops, just use your own scale and solo the dungeon so that all the drops are yours. For the people who used their own scale, they earn the right to get all the loots because majority of the times, the loots are shitty. As soon as they place the scale in, they are gambling for good loots in the end. I have only seen like 1 ornament drop in like 40-50 run. Also, nowadays without daily challenge in zai wei ruin dungeon, scales are hard to obtain unless there are special events or you have friends to farm them with you.

If people are bidding your loot after you used your scale, just put them into block list and never let them join your party again. (you can see if they are blocked by you or not when you right click on their name in the lobby.) Also, NCsoft should make the restriction on the number of entries (maybe maximum 3 times) in the same room in the lobby so that people who got kicked by leader couldn't spam getting into the same room.

Worst dungeon cause it asks for scale and everyone goes scale=loot but there is always that ass**** who just bids on other peoples loot(those kinds of people ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ me off)just remove the scale and everyone would be happy, im not sure if its possible im just saying that would make things better for everyone.

ps lol **** is censored lol why?!

• 10 months later...

I ran Heaven's Mandate for the first time the other day for a daily, had no idea it was considered 'taboo" to bid on the drops.  Get called a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and other names.  What the hell? Had no idea that it was against the rules to bid on the loot like i normally would, if this is the norm than I would rather BnS just drop the whole orb thing.  Seems to just invite discord and all that shit

34 minutes ago, Moro-sama said:

I ran Heaven's Mandate for the first time the other day for a daily, had no idea it was considered 'taboo" to bid on the drops.  Get called a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ and other names.  What the hell? Had no idea that it was against the rules to bid on the loot like i normally would, if this is the norm than I would rather BnS just drop the whole orb thing.  Seems to just invite discord and all that shit

You join a My Orb My Loot group and are surprised people call you out for bidding on the loot when you weren't the one using an Orb? Orbs are several gold a piece, so it's only natural the player using it to unlock the instance gets the loot for free.

Archived