Forums

Heaven's Mandate and Daily Challenge

Krucius

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's better to buy the scale yourself and make an own party instead of looking for one for an hour and a half. You might get lucky and get a stinger stack or ornament. Even if you don't get good loot, it's still better than wasting an hour and a half.

Personally, I wish they brought Zaiwei Ruins back once a week into the daily challenge. Because:

1. You can farm scales very easily. And the 3 dailies (and the mobs) give good exp.

2. There is a very nice outfit  (Wild Horse) that can drop from the dynamic quest that I would love to get.

3. There are two achievements there, and I am like 4 kills short for both of them, but I can't solo the place (with the exception of Murkwing Lord)

4. Easy way to farm stingers too (yes, many players still need them), and on top of that, you get a chance for evolved stones.

5. Unlike other 24 men areas, spawning the bosses is straightforward and doesn't take long. 

They need to change the entire daily challenge schedule lineup... Sogun's Lament and Sundered Nexus every other cricketing day is absolute cancer since people don't bother to learn the mechanics, listen when the mechanics are explained to them or even have the bare minimum stats for these places which are heavily dependant on mechanics. I even ran into a special person who was absolutely sure Cold Storage had no mechanics whatsoever while being at below 400 ap and expected the rest of the group to carry him even after 2 wipes caused by no one doing mechanics.

I like being nice and helpful in game, I don't even mind carrying people as long as they listen to my instructions... but for the love of all that is holy, I'm nearing my breaking point on patience when dealing with everyone below 450-500 AP range in the LFP button section. I've run into nothing but leeches and bots lately in LFP. There have been no players speaking up and saying they want to learn the old fashioned way and I ask if there's anyone new in every group I end up in if there are players below HM 8. I run each daily challenge dungeon at least 3 times each every day. =/

They need to replace the weapon requirement portion on dungeon tooltips with actual bare minimum stats to prevent wastes of space from even hitting the queue button for purple dungeons at 50. And yes, they are wastes of space for intentionally joining something beyond their capabilities, contributing nothing to completing the content and then taking stuff that they did not earn.

Well, you see, the issue for me it's that there are 3 dailies there, that count for an achivement: Scorpion Queen (that you spawn by killing demons and not letting Han Muki die), Pyrefirst (that you spawn by scorting Ogong), and Murkwng Lord (that you spawn by killing minions). One spawn starts the next, so it's not hard. And when you kill Pyrefist, dynamic quest Tarakhan boss spawns, which can drop the outfit and adornement, And after you kill it, you got a chance for Visasa boss to spanw, which counts for another achievement. Both Visasa and Tarakhan drop, aside from scales, stingers, Twisted ss (that gives green crystals when salvaged) and a chance for other things like evolved stones (got a bunch from them). 

So yes, I would like to finish my achievements, get some evolved stones, the exp from the 3 dailies is nice, and the outfit looks great. 

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

I dont see the issue here....

I duo it with my bf every day without issues and fast. We do the one boss in zaiwei ruins that you can spawn by killing the minions and we farm the scale for it pretty easy and fast.

... and boring.

I mean, there's no issue if you run this with guildies or friends, or solo. The problem start with people that either bot, afk, or bid in HM.

A few moments I experienced:

- last nigth I got into a group with 3 afkers... do they really expect others to carry half a party?!

- not long ago I got in group that the HM12 guy was just sitting at the entrace... he even gave lead to the guy that used the scale so he didn't have to bother recruiting others to carry him.

Also, 3 out of 5 scales I used people bid on loot...

So removing the scale would solve one of this problems at the least, and it's sometihng that shouldn't take too much effort to do, right?

If it helps, and it simple to implement, then why not?

Let the party leader set master loot in lobby? That should fix every problem here.

I had a few issues with people bidding on my loot, I'm not going to use my scales ever again with randoms and I suggest going with clan as well. Less asshoes hopefully :P

6 hours ago, Ulrezaj said:

Let the party leader set master loot in lobby? That should fix every problem here.

I had a few issues with people bidding on my loot, I'm not going to use my scales ever again with randoms and I suggest going with clan as well. Less asshoes hopefully :P

Master Loot doesn't work anymore. NCWest changed this to deal with the toxic players who looted everything for themselves long ago.

I avoid randoms for HM now because I got the same problems you listed (except afkers, the place is so fast anyway, everyone usually gets into the fight asap). I will join randoms only if I'm in a real hurry and I see no activity for HM in the recruiting message window. Otherwise, it's best to make your own party with "my scale, my loot" as a requirement for joining as I've never had someone disregard that. Alternatively, I'll look for groups that have "your scale, your loot" requirement since the leader may not have the scale but agrees that whoever uses the scale, gets the loot.

I'd say bring back the zaiwei ruins quests back into the daily challenges and problem solved. Many people will benefit from it. Those who farm for breeze weapon, those who need evolved stones, and etc. 

Many people want to farm there, but no one will be there since it's no longer in the challenges.

On 12/16/2016 at 10:00 PM, lostforumaccount said:

... and boring.

I mean, there's no issue if you run this with guildies or friends, or solo. The problem start with people that either bot, afk, or bid in HM.

- last nigth I got into a group with 3 afkers... do they really expect others to carry half a party?!

- not long ago I got in group that the HM12 guy was just sitting at the entrace... he even gave lead to the guy that used the scale so he didn't have to bother recruiting others to carry him.

So removing the scale would solve one of this problems at the least, and it's sometihng that shouldn't take too much effort to do, right?

Just because you use the scale doesnt mean you are entitled to the loot :)

just FYI

its something players came up with, its not a rule so anyone can bid on loot regardless.

On 12/16/2016 at 4:00 PM, lostforumaccount said:

... and boring.

If you are that concerned about ppl bidding on loot off your scale, change loot options...

12 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

just FYI

its something players came up with, its not a rule so anyone can bid on loot regardless.

And this is why you do mandate with only friends and guildmates you trust. Despite 'my scale,my loot" being clearly stated, the toxic ones will still sneak into your party and take your stuff at the end of the fight. 

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

just FYI

Oh mate, im very dissappointed by what you have written, i wouldnt have thought , that you would write this :(

I saved up a stash of scales when they were easier to get and occasionally buy a handful when they're cheaper than norm.

The reason? I want to be able to complete HM quickly and easily when it's a part of the DC.

That's it. Buying a few scales saves a ton of trouble with finding an LFP group with someone willing to use one. It's just stupid to sit around waiting to get into a group with a scale and then complain about the difficulty just because you won't pay the money or time to get one for yourself.

I don't use LFP for HM, I advertise with a low ap req and my loot my scale. It works. It works quickly. Parties usually fill quick and very rarely does anyone bid, most ppl leave right away. I haven't had a problem with AFKers in months. The quest turn-ins replace the gold I spent on the scale. The loot is usually barely a bonus except for the occasional honorary. But buying a scale is immensely worth it to save myself hassle and frustration. And yes, if someone else pops a scale before I can, they get the loot. If someone asks if they can have a trash item in the loot, I say yes.

I do think the current DC schedule is terrible and would take no issue with Zeiwei ruins replacing one of the higher/more mech dungeons on one of the days even though ZR has a huge problem with AFkers who only idle until they can do the daily kill which makes failing the boss spawn too common even when the channel is full. ZR has problems which should be fixed but I know that they won't even be addressed. But the scale need is not balanced without better incentive to do ZR.

Pretty much what kytt said. The necessity of a scale to do Heaven's Mandate is debatable considering it's already limited to once a day unless you use a reset, but I always just buy scales when they're cheap. Even if I didn't have a stack of scales ready, I'd just buy one from the marketplace before going in because the way I see it, the time spent searching for a party that already has a scale (especially an hour and a half) is time I could better spend making gold which more than offsets the cost of the scale in the first place.

If someone wants to bid on the loot, then I first explain what the majority of players are courteous enough to do. If they continue to bid, then I block them and drive the price all the way up to market price if they really want it that much. If I ever run into them again, then I know to just leave the party.

19 hours ago, Shukran said:

it is sad u came to point out this ..

it is but lets be real thats how it is....Yuo can type and say all you want but "my scale my loot" doesnt really entitle you to the loot.

Given any decent person that joins agrees to this but unless we live in an ideal world....that aint happening.

Also on the other hand....scale is say 1g and lets say an ornament drops for 10g....will you really give someone basically 15g free like that?

Tho in all fairness.....while getting the scale is really easy, they could just remove it, i mean you have a daily limit opn the dungeon anyway so whats the point of putting a lock on it when there is already a lock on it.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

it is but lets be real thats how it is....Yuo can type and say all you want but "my scale my loot" doesnt really entitle you to the loot.

Given any decent person that joins agrees to this but unless we live in an ideal world....that aint happening.

Also on the other hand....scale is say 1g and lets say an ornament drops for 10g....will you really give someone basically 15g free like that?

Tho in all fairness.....while getting the scale is really easy, they could just remove it, i mean you have a daily limit opn the dungeon anyway so whats the point of putting a lock on it when there is already a lock on it.

Think of the scale as a lottery ticket, if I bought it and sat in a room with 5 other people and we won 10 bucks well in the normal scenario people would let me get my 10 bucks because its my bloody ticket. While Im not gonna flame you, and I agree that we're talking in an ideal world but if someone throws money and gets lucky with drops you really should play fair and just let the guy take his winnings. If people are so salty over others getting decent loot compared to the usual garbage of 1 stinger and 2 feathers then they really should take a look in the mirror. Also they should be putting up their own gold for the scale if it annoys them so much. 

Most people now are nice about giving scalers their loot, mainly because the stinger is potato compared to when HM was first released. But theres always a few douches here and there. If they dont wanna remove the scale requirement, make it easier to make it. 10 is an absurd number as it requires you to run about 2 full rotations before you nail the 10.

While I agree that daily challenge should include again some open raids and not just 6man dungeons (and not just the MSP that gives me 100%lag the moment we start hitting the boss and shows my 0dps in the party because I can't attack), there's nothing hard about getting the scale, idk about the other servers but in yehara they cost like 80silver... Say you buy 5 or 10  just in case you don't find someone else looking for party with scale, that's easy... At least easier than farm pieces to make just one if you're alone.

1 hour... ? The worse I've seen was 10 minutes late at night, and it wasn't because none of them were recruiting but because of the few who were, they were asking 600ap

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Yes, because I want the same if I use my scale and it worked until now.

It seems to be the best to simply solo this dungeon so everyone will get the loot for sure.

Archived