Jump to content
Forums

The Trove is a lie, there is no trove


Recommended Posts

$800 this month in trove expansions and keys over 6 alts.  Saw gems a plenty the first week on the first $100 in keys.  Then something changed.  $700 later not a single gem.  The RNG is *cricket*ing broke.  No heptagonals for me.

 

The Trove is a bait and switch.  Buyer beware.

Link to post
Share on other sites

800$ O_O

 

Well I won't judge others how they spend their money, but if you are willing to drop that amount you should be well aware that you won't always get what you want.

 

And it is logical to assume that NCSoft lowered RNG before they put up that key sale, even though they will never admit that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You just saved me a hundred dollars bro. I was even thinking about spending it 20 minutes ago lol.

1 hour ago, Haazen said:

$800 this month in trove expansions and keys over 6 alts.  Saw gems a plenty the first week on the first $100 in keys.  Then something changed.  $700 later not a single gem.  The RNG is *cricket*ing broke.  No heptagonals for me.

 

The Trove is a bait and switch.  Buyer beware.

I'm still curious. You said you got no gems but did you get a LOT of moonstones, soulstones, gold ingot, silverfrost transformation stone, premium silverfrost transformation stone etc etc? Cause if you still got a shitton of them. You can just sell all those mats for like over 10,000 gold or something. So how much gold did you from selling all those mats from 800 dollars?

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Rog said:

And it is logical to assume that NCSoft lowered RNG before they put up that key sale, even though they will never admit that. 

I agree.  This was my point.  I'm sure they have altered the RNG based on my experience after the first week.  I did get moonstones, some old outfits, and other things that were useful so I'm not saying it was a complete waste.  Just don't buy the 250 key package and expect the same experience you had the first week.

 

Thus the comment of buyer beware....

Link to post
Share on other sites

$800. Well I personally know of people that spend upwards of around $1,000's, (plural), a month on games like this. Game...lets call it what it is...gambling.

 

PC upgrades, 4K TV, VR, other games...when I think of the tangible things I can actually buy were I willing, (and able), to freely spend big money like that, makes me sad to think some are willing to spend that kind of cash on...pixels. But hey, to each his own.

 

Point being gambling is just that, a gamble. You could luck out and hit it big, or you could bust and go broke. Roll of the dice, and this games RNG are the dice.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Mortal Kombat said:

$800. Well I personally know of people that spend upwards of around $1,000's, (plural), a month on games like this. Game...lets call it what it is...gambling.

 

PC upgrades, 4K TV, VR, other games...when I think of the tangible things I can actually buy were I willing, (and able), to freely spend big money like that, makes me sad to think some are willing to spend that kind of cash on...pixels. But hey, to each his own.

 

Point being gambling is just that, a gamble. You could luck out and hit it big, or you could bust and go broke. Roll of the dice, and this games RNG are the dice.

 

 

Well, some people spent more each nigh in Las Vegas...

$800 isn't that bad if you put it in perspective.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think i spent over 2,200 on the first trove, then around 1000 on the other, less than 400 on this one. I've noticed they reduced a lot of the "gain" from it so its not really worth it for me anymore. After the first I think they just use it to make people put money in their pockets and at the same time sink A LOT of gold in order to control inflation a bit. I remember on the first trove I got so much EXP that I went from like HM 3 to HM 9.5 or something like that, now they're just trying to gain the money without giving a lot, so meh I don't think I will be spending much more on future troves unless something changes since I already have 4 hepta gems and im comfortable there XD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah. I think I should take this "deal" as a clear sign that I'm not the type of customer NC wants to cater to. 

$100 for an in-app purchase is way too high for me, and 250 keys is way more than I really know what to do with. (I probably lack the gold for buying 250 troves worth of loot)

 

I'd be all over some kind of $20-ish price range small bundle, but NC doesn't seem to want to bother giving any sorts of deals or discounts at that range. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the thing they don't seem to understand. The majority of western players do not like RNG - especially if they have to pay for it. Whales will buy no matter what. But overall, people like events that have rewards you can work towards and know you're going to get in the end. Merchant of Wonders was a favorite though because it was just an added bonus for completing certain dungeons and had outfits. FREE OUTFITS.

Players love outfits. Which is another reason why this Black Friday "sale" is utter BS. Only caters to those few whales who wouldn't mind dropping $100 for RNG.
Discounts and additional discounted outfits would've been a huge money maker and would cater to all players. It is utterly mind-boggling.

Whoever is in charge of handling the HM store....really shouldn't be in charge of the HM store x.x

Edited by Kurokazu
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

This is the thing they don't seem to understand. The majority of western players do not like RNG - especially if they have to pay for it. Whales will buy no matter what. But overall, people like events that have rewards you can work towards and know you're going to get in the end. Merchant of Wonders was a favorite though because it was just an added bonus for completing certain dungeons and had outfits. FREE OUTFITS.

Players love outfits. Which is another reason why this Black Friday "sale" is utter BS. Only caters to those few whales who wouldn't mind dropping $100 for RNG.
Discounts and additional discounted outfits would've been a huge money maker and would cater to all players. It is utterly mind-boggling.

Whoever is in charge of handling the HM store....really shouldn't be in charge of the HM store x.x

If i was in charge. I would made so much more money for them. I already know they are all about business and do not give a single damn about player's taste, suggestions, or feedback. But making the Black Friday sale only catering to the whales would only generate money from whales which in turn effects their potential money making profit. I would had made a discount on the 100 keys and 50 keys and some costume discounts too so it will generate money from not only whales but also the average and casual spenders as well.

Edited by MasterBlaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MasterBlaster said:

If i was in charge. I would made so much more money for them. I already know they are all about business and do not give a single damn about player's taste, suggestions, or feedback. But making the Black Friday sale only catering to the whales would only generate money from whales which in turn effects their potential money making profit. I would had made a discount on the 100 keys and 50 keys and some costume discounts too so it will generate money from not only whales but also the average and casual spenders as well.

NCsoft should go and ask to EnMasse the publisher of Tera how to captivate the attention of players using holiday events like 14th July, Black Friday and Christmas.

 

Guys I am just making a prediction but i think NCsoft maybe is going to release Christmas event where you can get things like costumes or especial items through RNG system that will be only available paying real money . . .  Is just a prediction but i am pretty sure that is going to happen since this is P2W masked like F2P. . . 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...