Why 6-0/4-0 Ken/Gen is a bad idea

Shadovvv

it actually is better if you have enough dps but your a sin and they dont have good aoes

so your prob going to hate it no matter what I say

Also before someone says it if you dont trust your teammates to kd and stun after 3 stacks have fun with the last boss

1 hour ago, Alcier said:

it actually is better if you have enough dps but your a sin and they dont have good aoes
so your prob going to hate it no matter what I say

Also before someone says it if you dont trust your teammates to kd and stun after 3 stacks have fun with the last boss

That's a big *if*. But no way in hell in pug runs will ever cleanly clear 6-0/4-0, yet everyone believes its the norm.

Yeah..it's true. The problem is the 4-0 and 6-0 is somewhat popular. The second popular one is 3-1 and 5-1. 3-3 or 2-2 is practically "Alien concept"  So far my Sogun run record going..

Only 2 parties of mine do 3-3. The first party did well... the second one (we only have 5 members) well.. well. I did KD in one side.. But no one did in the other side. In the end i have to solo Ken that jumped back on my side as no one CCing there so Ken suck the tank and mercilessly murdered her.

when i started playing here, it was early days of asura dungeon. in my whole asura runs, i never saw 3-3 option at 1st stage from any party, be it pug or friendly/guild party. when i told them about that 3-3, the response i get is "wtf are you talking?" and so i teach them about it. but lolz to them who cant do CC for "exchange" boss or cant even manage to do good dps on their designated boss.

another funny thing coz mostly, even with a party with enough dps (550-600), killing the twins in 6-0 option, we reach enrage and blame it to lower stats.

i think it was last month when i also heard this 5-1 option, i dont get where they pulled that method coz from my exp from other server, it is used if someone can SOLO kill the boss. from my observation here, the method is basically like 6-0 with some tweak from 3-3. but using this method is more harder than 6-0 coz the "sacrifice" badly need extra blood. 

On 26.10.2016 at 5:41 AM, Shadovvv said:

That's a big *if*. But no way in hell in pug runs will ever cleanly clear 6-0/4-0, yet everyone believes its the norm.

I have never seen pug party that was going 6-0/4-0. My old clan used to do that but slowly they also stopped doing it.

9 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I have never seen pug party that was going 6-0/4-0. My old clan used to do that but slowly they also stopped doing it.

We did 6-0 when me and 2 others were carrying a group of newbies through the dungeon in LFP. It was a bit annoying to tank both but it went fine. In general, I prefer to do 5-1/3-1 as it is much cleaner when the 1 knows what to do.

Well for me I do a lot of runs with 6-0 or 4-0.

We also do 3-3 or 2-2 at times and no one does the kd. We run it pretty fast and even a 500ap or is capable at doing it well as long as they know their class well and their build rotations. Even having a good set of soul shields will help you run this easy.

• 2 months later...

I have AOE that can do 90% or more of my full single target damage to up to 5 targets...

There are two targets...

WUT DO?!

Also, why are you resurrecting ancient threads?  and why aren't you using aoe vs Gen&Ken?!

4-0 isn't simpler (twice the jars, twice the pain) - but it's FASTER

You get to AOE and the buff is a non-issue if you're clever... KD then resist the pull...

Well even without enough gear to beat that "Reduced damage 90%" you still beat enrage timer by ALOT. That's with waiting for the 60 seconds or however long it is for the 90% DR to wear off. In my opinion its easier for pug groups to do nothing for 60 seconds than it is for them to knockdown a boss at the appropriate time. I have way higher success rate with 0/6 than 3/3, well I only ever 4 man now, but same principle. 

Since some days randoms always want to 4-0, even if they have no aoe in party. Ofcourse half of the party always dies on poison aoe or the 4th freezing stack. Also it's slower to kill them 2 man (because the other 2 died or you can only do half of dps because you have to avoid poison aoe). I still want to play save 3 - 1.

gen will die fast on that set up but ken will have buffs... there's a trick to remove that buff... if you got a pro summoner... let him kd ken "gen 1hp left or say dead" and as soon as ken get kd let cat pin..." he won,t jump but loses buff... or kd him then grab from bd or des or kfm... as long as someone grab or pin him he won't jump but loses buff... good luck.. and as mirryn said kd then aggro use resist to avoid grab then he will jump back in your spot...

Archived