We Still want the Winner Costume in the game even tho...

BattleKat

Yes, it is obvius that he/she took pieces from other artworks, theres no way to deny that (even if the author say that he didnt, which he havent), but even tho, the mix that was used, plus the colors made it a great costume, for real i havent seen anything like that in the game yet and id die to get it in game somehow, so even if the costume is judged as a copy (which it obviusly is), is not a full copy since many pieces were made by the author (i hope lol), you guys could pick a second real winner, and somehow add both costumes in the game, tho you guys would have to take away the grand prize from the current winner i am guessing, since wouldnt be fair.

The whole point of this topic is, you guys want to see this costume in the game either way? because i would love to...for real i wish i could get it somehow.

1st-Place-Winner-Yin-Kuoi.jpg

For more information, read this topic:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BattleKat said:

Yes, it is obvius that he/she took pieces from other artworks, theres no way to deny that (even if the author say that he didnt, which he havent), but even tho, the mix that was used, plus the colors made it a great costume, for real i havent seen anything like that in the game yet and id die to get it in game somehow, so even if the costume is judged as a copy (which it obviusly is), is not a full copy since many pieces were made by the author (i hope lol), you guys could pick a second real winner, and somehow add both costumes in the game, tho you guys would have to take away the grand prize from the current winner i am guessing, since wouldnt be fair.

The whole point of this topic is, you guys want to see this costume in the game either way? because i would love to...for real i wish i could get it somehow.

1st-Place-Winner-Yin-Kuoi.jpg

For more information, read this topic:

To be honest with you I really do like this outfit and it does seem to appeal for the majority of both female and male players of this game. This costume was literally my most hyped fan art costume and could not wait to get it in game. However when I found out that this Artist had took the dirty route for this contest ... Regardless of how I feel about this outfit. I do not justify it to be put into the game. Even if NC takes the winner's "rewards" away.  They are still giving the Art thief the satisfaction of seeing her "hard" work being in game and still getting credit off of something she blandly traced over.

Not only that, this will also lead into one or two things:

1. When the next costume design contest rolls in again. Players will now look back at this contest, seeing how the Art thief's costume: ( regardless of the negative feed back and proof that half the designs was traced over by various intellectual properties and other artists original art work).  The newcomers will nine out of ten follow this Art thief's foot step. Because hey, if this art thief got away with it? Then so can I!

It will become a trend until an actual artist or a company puts a lawsuit onto NC. 

2.: These contests will be frowned upon, this will also give NC a bad reputation. No striving artist would want to participate again just to see their art become par or get shot  down by another art thief.

I mean if the community wants an outfit like this then I am sure NC can ask the devs to make a costume inspired by this some totally different from this blatant traced artwork. You for one do not speak for the whole community. I do not support art theft and I will not support this costume getting a free ride in game. 

I would like to see the other costumes... None of the runner ups impress me.

blade_and_soul_costume_design_by_shiroga

that's an actual beautiful outfit I wouldn't mind  voting for to be honest... 

4 minutes ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

To be honest with you I really do like this outfit and it does seem to appeal for the majority of both female and male players of this game. This costume was literally my most hyped fan art costume and could not wait to get it in game. However when I found out that this Artist had took the dirty route for this contest ... Regardless of how I feel about this outfit. I do not justify it to be put into the game. Even if NC takes the winner's "rewards" away.  They are still giving the Art thief the satisfaction of seeing her "hard" work being in game and still getting credit off of something she blandly traced over.

Well, i agree tbh, is just that from that list of chosen costumes, the only one that actually look interesting is that one, the others can be made mixing different pieces of hat/accesorys with costumes of similar color, and if a player is going to make a costume, better make something totally different from the current ones.

So ya none of the current costumes impress me at all besides the winner one, maybe if they extend the time and more players make their own designs i would be up for that, but ya the others are not very different from what we already have...

as far as the outfit goes no i would never wear a clown suit but the wigs that comes with it  is nice the jin/yun ones imo so for the sake of the wigs i want the outfit to be made but is the wigs dont come as design then no it would see a penny from me TBH 

27 minutes ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

Not only that, this will also lead into one or two things:

1. When the next costume design contest rolls in again. Players will now look back at this contest, seeing how the Art thief's costume: ( regardless of the negative feed back and proof that half the designs was traced over by various intellectual properties and other artists original art work).  The newcomers will nine out of ten follow this Art thief's foot step. Because hey, if this art thief got away with it? Then so can I!

It will become a trend until an actual artist or a company puts a lawsuit onto NC. 

2.: These contests will be frowned upon, this will also give NC a bad reputation. No striving artist would want to participate again just to see their art become par or get shot  down by another art thief.

I mean if the community wants an outfit like this then I am sure NC can ask the devs to make a costume inspired by this some totally different from this blatant traced artwork. You for one do not speak for the whole community. I do not support art theft and I will not support this costume getting a free ride in game. 

I would like to see the other costumes... None of the runner ups impress me.

blade_and_soul_costume_design_by_shiroga

that's an actual beautiful outfit I wouldn't mind  voting for to be honest... 

this desgin is really awsome BTW it would have my vote 10 times over.

Just now, Brand X said:

This is why people voting is terrible and me not understanding how the judges thought the ducky fit with BnS. :p

It was a cute rendition of the ducky floatie that was originally an outfit for the familiar. I thought it was very cute, charming, and funny at the same time. It's honestly the one I'd be more likely to drop cash on. Granted, some of the other runner ups looked good and were much more deserving of winning overall than the one that actually got picked. 

56 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

Speak for yourself. That outfit is hideous and unoriginal in terms of what's already in the game. If I could have voted, I would have chosen the ducky

This is why people voting is terrible and me not understanding how the judges thought the ducky fit with BnS. :p

12 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

It was a cute rendition of the ducky floatie that was originally an outfit for the familiar. I thought it was very cute, charming, and funny at the same time. It's honestly the one I'd be more likely to drop cash on. Granted, some of the other runner ups looked good and were much more deserving of winning overall than the one that actually got picked. 

by supporting the duck outfit your part of the problem. just saying because running around with a giant rubber duck is appealing.

10 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Player votes wouldn't do shit either. You'd still have people complaining about something on the winning outfit. Majority of the event outfits and stuff don't fit the game either yet they make them.

Who the heck is the judge on these costumes? I want to see something more modern and cutting edge. None of them would get my money. Get better judges imo.. I don't mean to offend but none of them are my style.. Why not let the players decide since they are the ones that will buy them in the end. 

No just no...

Allowing the outfit to still be created and put in game for money is telling the artist that it is perfectly alright to steal, as long as the mass likes it and is willing to pay for it. That and the outfit is so over done in every game out there. Hell I thought it looked more like the the shit people would wear in the Alice in wonderland world of Kingdom hearts.

11 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Player votes wouldn't do shit either. You'd still have people complaining about something on the winning outfit. Majority of the event outfits and stuff don't fit the game either yet they make them.

Did you see anyone complain about regium corvus? No, because it looked good and wasn't a blatant ripoff of another costume. Night Luna, on the other hand, was highly unpopular because people pointed out that it was a ripoff of an outfit from sword art online. That wonderland outfit was 1. unorginal 2. similar too other wonerland themed costumes already existing in BnS 3. unattractive looking. 

11 minutes ago, Teijin said:

by supporting the duck outfit your part of the problem. just saying because running around with a giant rubber duck is appealing.

And to whoever said my vote alone would be a problem just because I like something that they don't, you clearly don't understand what the purpose of voting is then. The winner is decided by the MOST number of votes. Whether something I like is going to be popular among the rest of the community or not isn't going to be determined by my ONE vote. It will be decided by everyone else's. Better luck next time

4 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

Did you see anyone complain about regium corvus?

Yes, yes I did. Do I have proof of people doing said thing? No. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen, speaking in a general sense.

3 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

pics or it didn't happen. I on the other hand, can pull up threads and screenshots of people disliking night luna and pointing out the blatant copying. The general reception towards Regium Corvus was great. For Night Luna, not so much

Yes because I'm like you and take screenshots of people complaining about costumes. Like I already said, shit happens even when you don't see it. These things happen in-game and I'm not going to bother wasting my time taking screenshots of why people hate a costume.

2 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Yes, yes I did. Do I have proof of people doing said thing? No.

pics or it didn't happen. I on the other hand, can pull up threads and screenshots of people disliking night luna and pointing out the blatant copying. The general reception towards Regium Corvus was great. For Night Luna, not so much

10 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Yes because I'm like you and take screenshots of people complaining about costumes. Like I already said, shit happens even when you don't see it. These things happen in-game and I'm not going to bother wasting my time taking screenshots of why people hate a costume.

You'd have to go out of your way to find screenshots of a small minority that don;t like the costume. Almost any time night luna or the design contest is brought up in general, there is always a mention of how the night luna was a blatant copy of the sao costume. Just because you like or dislike a costume, doesn't mean your opinion should be allowed to overwrite the majority.

8 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

You'd have to go out of your way to find screenshots of a small minority that don;t like the costume. Almost any time night luna or the design contest is brought up in general, there is always a mention of how the night luna was a blatant copy of the sao costume. Just because you like or dislike a costume, doesn't mean your opinion should be allowed to overwrite the majority.

Small minority yet there is still complaint. And once again as I said already, people will still complain about whatever outfit gets picked.

I could care less which one wins because I have two options:

1. Buy/Use it if I like it.

2. Ignore it because I hate it.

Vote is good but troublesome as you know bots and account spammer are everywhere. It's hard to filtrate legit players from them.

On the topic.

No, I don't want it. I prefer more wild theme costume. Bonemask and Warrior Pride are much better for me.

Please don't use the word "We"

First, I don't like the clown-costume one bit. It's not pretty, and the theme and colors don't fit the game at all (even though it's over-used boring theme in most MMOs).

Second, how come you don't see anything wrong with stealing multiple designs from various artists and then combining them all to create a design? The winner traced some stuff directly, and made some slight modifications to other parts. That means they didn't really have the passion or ideas/ability of their own to create a costume. Such a costume shouldn't win.

Archived