We Still want the Winner Costume in the game even tho...

BattleKat

Just now, BattleKat said:

That is a perfect explanation, and thats what i mean, ok, the winner didnt designer it 100%, but his idea was way more outstanding than the rest, is the first time i actually like the design of a winner, and ppl are fighting over cancelling it?, i honestly think the author at least did a very well job picking that mix, but i agree that he should have at least modify the pieces in order to look a little different, is ok using stuff as inspiration, but not tracing them.

Well, after all the evidence those against it have given, I've just come to the conclusion they took pieces from ALL OVER and mixed them up to what they wanted, with some being standard fare.  Seriously, the Alice dress is copied all over.  You can get it as a halloween costume.

They didn't take one design and pass it off ass their own.  They took one piece here, one piece there, once piece from over there.

Now I'm starting to think that mayan one was more copied :p

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, BattleKat said:

That is a perfect explanation, and thats what i mean, ok, the winner didnt designer it 100%, but his idea was way more outstanding than the rest, is the first time i actually like the design of a winner, and ppl are fighting over cancelling it?, i honestly think the author at least did a very well job picking that mix, but i agree that he should have at least modify the pieces in order to look a little different, is ok using stuff as inspiration, but not tracing them.

There is a thing... that is called commission. You can ask other artists drawing your design ideas, as long as you remember to gives them credits. I think the same thing happens to Spirit of the Bamboo, which has special thanks to multi-individuals.

Of course, commission costs money, or sometimes free, depending on how well you know the artists that you want to have your design drawn by him/her.

If you have the skills, it costs you time and efforts to draw your own design. If you don't have the skill, it costs you money or relationship to have your ideas drawn by someone else. Nevertheless, both ways would come to the original piece of your own. While the result may have a similar look to some existing artwork, at least, it's not a traced product.

Tracing an artwork for the purpose of entering a contest is worth of disqualification, no matter how good it is. If the artist cannot even spend a little time to think his own pose, or take reference to make his own pose, then his efforts is worthless.

Siding with a false design like that Alice makes you no better than people who do hacking and botting that you hate so much in this game. They are essentially the same: doing things in a lazy way to gain maximum efficiency. If you want real life example, then think of smuggled goods and pirated games.

Keep encouraging the wrong-doings cuz you like the end-result, then you will have more of these copy-paste designs in future. Like this pic, where I "painstakingly" erase excessive details of two existing overlapping artworks so that I can create an "original artwork" of my own :P

I5XjoYq.jpg

23 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

They are essentially the same: doing things in a lazy way to gain maximum efficiency.

Keep encouraging the wrong-doings cuz you like the end-result

Thats already happening in the game and been happening ever since the start. Hell its been happening forever now.

I'm sure you've done it too without noticing because its hard to tell.

1 hour ago, BattleKat said:

Is not ugly, but neither original:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/a/af/BoneUBM.png/revision/latest?cb=20120716182230 

Dont get me wrong, i like it, but i like it because i like that monster hunter armor, and i wouldnt complain, but is not original.

why cant i delete quote...i hate this forum...

wrong quote..

16 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Thats already happening in the game and been happening ever since the start. Hell its been happening forever now.

-----------

Ops always to fast on the gun lol

17 minutes ago, Pepperino said:

Yeah, like many people, I do what I found the most profitable and time-efficient way in this game for my daily routines, so that I can progress my gears. Running all purple dungeons, hitting Naksun for moonstones, doing SSP, etc.

However, I do not steal gold or efforts of anyone. I don't scam people out of their gold. I don't hack and cheat and bot. I don't support them, either.

Being  legal lazy person who strive for efficiency in legal ways is different to being a lazy person who strive for efficiency at all cost.

6 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Yeah, like many people, I do what I found the most profitable and time-efficient way in this game for my daily routines, so that I can progress my gears. Running all purple dungeons, hitting Naksun for moonstones, doing SSP, etc.

However, I do not steal gold or efforts of anyone. I don't scam people out of their gold. I don't hack and cheat and bot. I don't support them, either.

Being  legal lazy person who strive for efficiency in legal ways is different to being a lazy person who strive for efficiency at all cost.

Say a bot list stuff on the market that they botted and you buy it without knowing that it was a botter who listed the item. In a sense, you're indirectly supporting it whether or not you knew that it was a botter who listed it. That's what I'm getting at.

Archived