The Game is friendly, the Community is not!

KittyCat188

4 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

Excuse me? I pay for premium, where is MY money going then if not to run the servers? Those stupid Soul Fighter banana shirts?

I pay for premium also and unlike you I have noticed changes in the servers but not for worse but for better. For me they are smoother now, the server I play on has way less bots (for example lvl 45 dungeon entrances aren't filled with bots, same with blackram narrows). Not sure how fast you think changes can be made especially when NCWest doesn't do the changes on the game itself. They do maintain their servers to certain point as far as they can. There will always be people who have more issues with game than other, that I will admit. When their connections were bad they did work to fix them asap and not like we had to wait for a week just to get server back on. Trust me I experienced MMO where the server was down for more than week because something went wrong with maintenance and NO information were given whatsoever.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same there are changes happening and they are for the better,

What gets rather annoying is that the community expects way too much and in a wayyy to short time.

And if they dont get what they want now, they say "oh nc doesnt listen bla bla bla".

Well for what its worth i see positive changes and expect actually more of them going forward

12 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Trust me I experienced MMO where the server was down for more than week because something went wrong with maintenance and NO information were given whatsoever.

The fact it has to be sent to Korea, and IF Korea will do the fix is no excuse it IS the problem. They have the code protected by some stupid reason that prevents NA/EU from actually being able to change things, and the thins they DID change are so stupid like raising monster health, removing gem hammers from drops in Cinderlands and Moonwater, etc. And other unannounced changes that NOBODY in NA/EU wanted like the stupid blurry arrow filled market that give you no place to type and makes it impossible to buy things, no green dungeons in cross server, etc.

THIS if NOT a community problem, it is major design flaws from ham-fisted developers that want everyone to be Korean. I am not now, nor will I ever be Korean, nor do I want to be. Localization of a game doesnt just mean translating, it also means tailoring the game for the LOCAL audience. This is NOT being done in a timely fashion, which ties into this next thing here...

10 hours ago, Grimoir said:

What gets rather annoying is that the community expects way too much and in a wayyy to short time.

4 years worth of content in 4 months time, with NO time to relax and enjoy the game but be rushed instead, sort of does that to people. When we are expected to HURRY to the next content update, then we also expect the company to HURRY to fix the things WITHOUT excuses. NCSoft recognizer they are rushing people themselves, so their "fix" should be coming MUCH faster at the rate they released content and rushed people, but it hasn't.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/

we understand the quick release of content has left some of you feeling pressured to complete all the existing content as fast as possible in order to be ready for the next quick release. To help alleviate some of your concerns, and allow you to better plan your character progression, we’ve put together an overall look at the content coming out this year.

Well many have been trying to tell them, their acknowledgement is too little too late, and ONLY lip service, IF they are only looking at NEW content releases, and NOT thinking about redesigning existing things to further remove some of that pressure and USE the plan for the future of the character in conjunction with the new content releases else ANY plan made will fail as people will STILL not be ready for the new content that is rushed out at a ratio of 1 year worth of content in 1 months time.

People cannot physically do 12 times the dailies per day. There is a 40 daily limit not 480 daily limit. Not to mention the physical hours of play required you cannot fit 12 days worth of time in 24 hours. There isnt any way humanly in this world to get 288 hours of play in a real world day.

Well since they cannot give 288 hours in a real world day for people to complete 12 times the content in the provided time, tor ALL players, then they have to change the game, and they did so wrong. They shouldn't have INCREASED mob health, they should have lowered it so people CAN progress at a faster rate. Double XP does nothing except get Hongmoon levels, it doesnt increase the drop rate to compensate for that 12 times the amount on dungeons runs Asian markets have had. So they lowered from 100 to 25 the amount of soulstones needed for MTS. pittance in what needs to be done to make the game progressable to keep up from things that aren't end game content. They need to increase ALL drop rates of gear progression to the point where 1 run gives everyone their weapon in Croak King's Court and the like. Profane Wheel needs to drop so many weapon chests and increase the class specific weapon, people can get it done in 1/12th the time it took Asian markets for the amount of time they had to play, that we in NA/EU didn't. THAT is the only way to to make that 12x speed of content release work but they LOWERED drop rates of everything in the game, while making it take longer to run dungeons by increasing their mobs health.

They did it bass ackwards!

So if they didn't expect us to be at this pace all along, they shouldnt have rushed US the players, well now is OUR TURN to rush them! The shoe is on the other foot now.

On 6/29/2016 at 7:43 AM, KittyCat188 said:

When I first played this game, I was very impressed, by many things: the movie-like cutscenes, the glossy appearance of the characters, unique skill system and equipments, and especially, the very newbie-friendly tutorials. Although I had experienced with many MMORPGs before that, I still found that there were so many things to discover in Blade and Soul, 'cause of so many differences. But as my character grew up, I'm gradually disappointed with many things as well. 

At level 20ish, I saw tons of bots in Blackram Narrows, and it seems to me that GMs didn't, don't, and won't do anything about it. I saw the world chat channel turned into gold-sellers channel. Spamming all day, all night, and no GMs care about it also.

At level 30ish, I saw myself struggling with some Green/Blue dungeons. I tried to ask people around me to party up, but sometimes, they just ignored me. (or may be they don't speak English?) Most of the time, I had to solo everything, and just followed the quests without being able to communicate with anyone. People didn't seem to be interested in chatting.

At level 40ish, I found that this game finally revealed its own way to get real money from players (free-to-play, but pay-to-win). Impossible to upgrade your weapons and accessories without putting in some NCoins to buy gold, or buying gold directly from those sellers. And those who pay more would go to the next map first, leaving you behind. 

At level 45-50, I received tons of daily quests that again, I couldn't solo by myself. Some, I didn't even know how to do it, no further instructions in the quest info. A friend told me to join her clan, "they're really helpful" she said. But no, after a week, I still couldn't do those dailies anyhow, since they only party up like a team, no outsiders. So all I did was to do some cross-server dungeons, tried to keep up with 50s in Blackram Supply Chain & Bloodshade Harbour to get better soul shield sets. There, it would be a surprise if any of them waited for you or tried to protect you. And at the end of each turn, if they ever talk to each other, it would be arguing/swearing when bidding. 

At level 50+, you wanna join them? AP 500+ first. It's posted everywhere, even in the clans' recruitments. Oops, my AP is not even 400 yet! Lol... How? No further instruction. More money or leave. 

-----------------

So after all, is it because of the general mechanics of the game or the unconcerned community?! I think it's the community.

I agree that the gold value in this game is somewhat too important, but why not helping each other out, or at least trying to help the newbies?!

What's the fun if you're the strongest but noone can see it because they're still at the map far-lower than you, or they just simply cannot join you?

I just don't get it.

Sometimes, all I wanna do when I log into the game is to return into Blackram Narrows or Tomb of Exiles to help newbies get their class-specific weapons, even return into Jadestone Village to help them with the scorpion. It's even more fun to me than partying with a bunch of 50s in those high-end dungeons. 

First I wana point out that your story is very similar to my own personal experience in blade and soul. I disagree with you on your point about going back into blackram narrow and tomb of exlies and help newbies get their class-specific weapons/ helping them out.

I have and still do from time to time help lower people in my guild and random people who ask for help in faction chat, BUT I believe this is wrong  for very many reasons.

• They may be alts, and I refuse to help other peoples alts. especially when I had an experience in a lower end dung where I helped a person out in faction chat, and an outfit droped and this lvl20 was bidding GOLD, not copper and silver against me for the outfit. Its not the fact he was bidding aganist me, it felt like I was being used, this guy/girl prob had a 600AP main for all I know. Since then I have second thoughts about helping people in faction chat, unless its Tide boss, I have a haterd so much for that boss, I will help anyone kill him lol.

• Like i said before I have had a very similar experience in blade and soul, I also had to struggle at each step of the game to finally make it to where I am at, I think it was an overly positive thing though, If lower end players have it "too-easy" they wont stick around when the game gets challenging. 

I do agree with that its the community though, I am over 500AP now and people still wont accept me into late game dung runs from time to time(I am talking about people who leave after they look at your AP) This game can be soloed though, you just got have patience and determination, but yeah without good friends and a good guild, this game is hell, especially with pubs runs and I dont think that will ever change no matter how many end-game people help newbies in lower areas.

On 30/6/2016 at 11:25 AM, Shadovvv said:

So you'd rather have an upgrading system that DOWNGRADES or even KILLS your weapon? This game literally does not punish you in any way for evolving your gear, while everywhere else either doesn't move an inch, moves backward, resets to zero, or destroys your weapon and forces you to invest more mats and time to reclaim it.

I'd like an upgrading system which doesn't force the new players to get stuck with 450 AP's in a "world" that majority of people ask 500-550+. Usually, you have to go to a dungeon, get your gear, upgrade it, move to next dungeon. Here you have to have the gear in a magical way, in order to run a dungeon to get your soulshields. I see people lvl 50 HM7 that aren't even 500 yet. Which means that the majority of AP they got from HM levels. My alt (ex main) is lvl 50 HM2 411AP and if I want to main this one again, I'll be stucked between BsH, SF blue dungeons, Lab and poh6. In all others dungeons I'll either LFP which means I'll get people with the same AP most likely and I promise you that Asura wont be killed not even in a thousand years or I'll haveto make my own party and wish that people will join me (and stay). Or..I have to make people carry me. Or I just charge some NCoins, exchange them and get the gold to upgrade the gear. Eitherway, all this is bad. And sad.

1 hour ago, Ethria said:

I'd like an upgrading system which doesn't force the new players to get stuck with 450 AP's in a "world" that majority of people ask 500-550+. Usually, you have to go to a dungeon, get your gear, upgrade it, move to next dungeon. Here you have to have the gear in a magical way, in order to run a dungeon to get your soulshields. I see people lvl 50 HM7 that aren't even 500 yet. Which means that the majority of AP they got from HM levels. My alt (ex main) is lvl 50 HM2 411AP and if I want to main this one again, I'll be stucked between BsH, SF blue dungeons, Lab and poh6. In all others dungeons I'll either LFP which means I'll get people with the same AP most likely and I promise you that Asura wont be killed not even in a thousand years or I'll haveto make my own party and wish that people will join me (and stay). Or..I have to make people carry me. Or I just charge some NCoins, exchange them and get the gold to upgrade the gear. Eitherway, all this is bad. And sad.

Then why are you blaming the game? Every MMO more or less follows this pattern of progressing through dungeons to evolve/obtain new equipment, but it's the community that's the one enforcing nonsensical high stat requirements.

7 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Then why are you blaming the game? Every MMO more or less follows this pattern of progressing through dungeons to evolve/obtain new equipment, but it's the community that's the one enforcing nonsensical high stat requirements.

Hold for a bit your fanboy feelings there and read more carefully.. 

8 hours ago, Ethria said:

I'd like an upgrading system which doesn't force the new players to get stuck with 450 AP's 

8 hours ago, Ethria said:

Usually, you have to go to a dungeon, get your gear, upgrade it, move to next dungeon. Here you have to have the gear in a magical way, in order to run a dungeon to get your soulshields. I see people lvl 50 HM7 that aren't even 500 yet. Which means that the majority of AP they got from HM levels. My alt (ex main) is lvl 50 HM2 411AP and if I want to main this one again, I'll be stucked between BsH, SF blue dungeons, Lab and poh6. 

Do you get it now? The whole system is wrong. How a gear upgrades  isn't community-wise, its game-wise. The fact they bombed us with 4 years of exapansions in 5 months, which turned almost everything below SF into dead zones, and as a resault many people can't progress with their gear for some time, isn't community-wise, its publisher-wise. When you hit P in game, you see where you're recomended to go according your gear/lvl/HM lvl. That's game-wise, once again. Get off your mind that "punish for upgrading", if that's the case, then this game punishes you for upgrading by being always broke and stucked in lvl 45 content at your 50's. If you're fine with that, I don't care either, trust me, I'm almost about to go legendary here as well. But I do care about the community and I would like a healthy game. This is a not so friendly game to people who want to main another char for X reasons and to the new players as well. That's what I'm saying, if its so hard for you to udnerstand then I won't bother with this discussion anymore, seriously... 

9 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Every MMO more or less follows this pattern of progressing

No it doesn't. NO MMO has more than ONE endgame. Again look prior to March 23rd when Moonwater was edngame and you could not go to Silverfrost. Now compare the Moonwater we have AFTER Silverfrost was released, to the one BEFORE, and you will see they are IDENTICAL. Only some soulstone costs in crafting Moonwater recipes have changed, but the progress of Moonwater is still set to endgame quantities creating a huge arbitrary gap in player levels.

This was caused by rushed content because also NO other MMO has had 4 years of content released in 4 months time.

The Moonwater upgrade paths need to be changed drastically to ALLOW people to progress beyond level 45 (HM5) since level 50 HM 15 is now available and need to change it because everyone, EVERYONE on the servers arent stuck in Moonwater making ample people to be able to run through things with.

This is a design flaw caused by content release speed.

There is 2 ways to fix this and they will have to choose ONE:

1. Disable Silverfrost and send EVERYONE back to Moonwater (not feasible)

2. Change Moonwater is it is no longer endgame, because, well, IT ISNT!

This means they have to lower mob health, increase material drop rates, and lower number of material required for upgrading or buying upgrade. Alternately they could removed the "unable to trade" and "cannot sell on marketplace" flags from those items needed to upgrade so people that have a few can sell them on the market and players not get stuck in deadzones. Cinderlands, not much of a problem as NOTHING requires a party when you are high enough level to continue the story to allow access to Moonwater. Level 30 of all classes should be able to solo to get ALL needed gear upgrades, and MOST of them are even available on the market.

NCSoft screwed up requiring NA/EU to rush out content, or NA/EU screwed out trying to rush out content to be rady for their "esport" to appear on eLeague along with CS:GO, etc. AND NCSoft/Team bloodlust screwed up by not redesigning MIDgame content, when NEW endgame content came out.

It is just that plain and simple, no excuses, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

just play at ur own pace... game is for fun.. but well.. me also feel down... at very first time playing... my char show up.. and the first chat i see was gold seller spam... :D thenbrother hajoon aka masked hongmoon dieeee... wtf,,, man.. that scnene make me rilly sad.. n make me swear to use his last fash gift as my main fash.. second char i made im not finished my bro quest.. dont wanna see that again.. the good point is.. i still can see him whenever i want... hmm.. then my greatest regret.. I CANT SAVE yongsook husband... guni father... how many times i tried it.. damn it... worst.. i can even help yongsook.. i want to take care of her n guni.. but I CANT... and next.. namsoyo betrayal.. OMG.. make gunni lost father !!! where are the GMs at time like this... @.@ i HATE her... really... hmm.. this game also make me doing stupid things.. gathering shit.. destroying ppl jar.. stuck between child quarrel.. haiah.. make me laugh now.. but heyy.... i meet soha... i meet yehara,,, yunwa.. they make me smile.. and gimme 15minute holding mushin power.. well.. im greedy for revenge at that time.. trying to take away the power but i just cant use it.. so in the end i use it for yunwa.. after 15minute... but then again this game betray me... this game force me to bow to mushin n left master hong teaching.. wtf.. took me 4 days and 3 level to decided.. in the end i bow coz pirate n sirren weapon path closed.. and the only way i upgrade weapon from quest.. DISAPPOINTED.. hmm.. not to mention i make 8.. eight !! great warrior to die... just for me... make me lil akward whenever i meet soha.. after all of those disapointed... i found peace... and fun.. im no longer chasing the world.. the world is empty... famous... gold.. women.. power.. at some point will gone.. so dont let it make you down.. just play the way you like.. fun didnt always hv alot friend or 500+ ap.. :)

3 hours ago, Shadzar said:

lower number of material required for upgrading or buying upgrade. Alternately they could removed the "unable to trade" and "cannot sell on marketplace" flags from those items needed to upgrade

To add one more thing on that: Why on EARTH some mats (for example Siren Emblems and Warrior Tokens) aren't account tradeable?? I do understand the logic behind the "not tradeable item",  but why not account tradeable??? I have LOADS of some lower matierals STUCKED on my main's bank while I need them on another char of the same account..! What is this thing?? What were they thinking? Lets not talk that there's not even 1 row of account shared bank space when the majority of games have it.. Why should I go and grind with my ungeared alt for materials that I have more than just plenty on my freaking main?? 

On 1.7.2016 at 10:45 PM, Shadzar said:

4 years worth of content in 4 months time, with NO time to relax and enjoy the game but be rushed instead, sort of does that to people. When we are expected to HURRY to the next content update, then we also expect the company to HURRY to fix the things WITHOUT excuses. NCSoft recognizer they are rushing people themselves, so their "fix" should be coming MUCH faster at the rate they released content and rushed people, but it hasn't.

This is so flawed. First of all it is in players' heads that "omg omg new content I have to be ready for this in this instant". No, you do not. No one is forcing you to do the newest content asap. Calm down, take your time. MAKE THE GAME ENJOYABLE FOR YOU. Jeez, why the rush from our side if they are trying to catch up to the Korean version? We can chill, relax and play the content when we can without rushing. Only the players here are saying we have to be able to do the certain dungeons asap.

Secondly this would make it completely non-MMO as no new player should start because they would be too far behind anyway and cannot join the highest content in a week without paying that is. If people complain about not being able to gear up at all, everything's too hard bla bla bla then maybe go back to Candy Crush. I have geared easily on multiple char with starting from 0 on each char and never trading gold or mats from my main char for new alts so saying the game is not alt friendly is BS in my eyes. It of course depends if people see that you have to get maxed gear on main and then trade it to alt just so that the alt is usable or if they prefer the way I do that you do alt fully on the items and gold you get on the alt.

As a reminder for everyone: just because people request 500-550+ doesn't mean you have to have that much to be able to do the dungeon. Those requirements are usually for 4-man runs or very poor players who have no idea how to do dungeons. You need about 420 AP in order to do most of the purples and maybe 500ish to be able to do Asura/Nexus. Above that is bonus and for 4-mans. If people ask for high AP, let them, you can make your own parties with the AP requirements you wish for.

This is by far the worst gaming community I have seen in 15 years of pc gaming. I think most of it is because of the game design. Aion which is quite old now has a pretty bad community but no where near as toxic as this because you need to get along with some people to run content. The dungeons in Aion (even after being nerfed) need teamwork whereas in this game you can basically power through everything if your gear is good enough.

That being said it could also be the way f2p games are these days. I would much rather they limit the player base by requiring a monthly sub. Generally games with a monthly sub like Final Fantasy for example don't have so many asshats in them.

3 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

The dungeons in Aion (even after being nerfed) need teamwork whereas in this game you can basically power through everything if your gear is good enough.

How do you power through Yeti's one shot field aoes? How do you power through Drill Sergeant and Heavenpiercer through their permanent damage immunity shield and Heavenpiercer's one shot field aoes? How do you power through Asura without taking lifeblooms?

How do you power through Desolate Tomb and Ebondrake Citadel, whose final bosses have 60,000,000 health?

41 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

How do you power through Yeti's one shot field aoes? How do you power through Drill Sergeant and Heavenpiercer through their permanent damage immunity shield and Heavenpiercer's one shot field aoes? How do you power through Asura without taking lifeblooms?

How do you power through Desolate Tomb and Ebondrake Citadel, whose final bosses have 60,000,000 health?

I replied to you in the cold storage thread as well, as long as half the group somewhat knows what they are doing it is possible with the current content. My clan carries people all the time, only 2 or 3 of us are doing the important work.

Complain about in-game community being filled up with negativity. But the official forum itself, is more stupidly dense than it is in game. Keep on with that nonsense demands, go ahead and make a threatening demand thread while you're at it.

57 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

Complain about in-game community being filled up with negativity. But the official forum itself, is more stupidly dense than it is in game. Keep on with that nonsense demands, go ahead and make a threatening demand thread while you're at it.

I take it English is your 2nd or 3rd language? He seems to be more interested in creating a discussion than demanding anything.

7 minutes ago, GreenDestiny said:

I take it English is your 2nd or 3rd language? He seems to be more interested in creating a discussion than demanding anything.

People are giving their logical and illogical opinions about these and that.

No one's gonna change even after million counts of discussions shoving down their throats. 

It sounds more like an approach for demand rather than discussion to me.

Besides, even if we're to talk solely just about the topic of this thread itself, how're we gonna change community itself? It's all similar on every corner of the internet and real life.

8 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

This is so flawed. First of all it is in players' heads that "omg omg new content I have to be ready for this in this instant". No, you do not. No one is forcing you to do the newest content asap. 

I will not even dignify the rest of your post to even read it, NOR will i dignify with any sort of answer from myself. I will just leave this here as a reminder to ALL.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/

June 03, 2016 | Announcement

Blade & Soul Producer’s Letter

we understand the quick release of content has left some of you feeling pressured to complete all the existing content as fast as possible in order to be ready for the next quick release.

Nico Coutant
Producer, Blade & Soul

Typical western MMO community, what did you expect?

any game where the most OP class is a credit card warrior is always going to be toxic as hell, nothing new here, MMO community in west has nosedived over the past 4-5 years from being OK to complete and total shitfest of toxicity, if you are lucky you get into a clan with a few decent ppl and can generally ignore all chat except clan chat, but that is also quite a rarity, imo clans are more like a semi-organised pug in this game rather than a real clan/guild call it what you will

1 hour ago, Zerecas said:

People are giving their ... opinions about these and that.

Congrats, you understand what forums are for. :)

Now what is your point?

1 hour ago, Zerecas said:

No one's gonna change even after million counts of discussions shoving down their throats. 

Oh? Nothing will be changed if we identify the problem and complain about it enough for them to realize it IS a problem?

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/weapon-path-gem-hammer-changes/

Gem Hammers and Gem Sockets

A while back we had identified an issue with players potentially losing the gem sockets they unlocked with Gem Hammers when they upgraded their weapon to the Silverfrost Mountains path. While this is how this system is intended to function, and has functioned in other regions, we agreed that it could be improved. Due to your feedback this is a change being made for other regional versions of Blade & Soul as well.

I am begining to wonder which fantasy world some people live on? You all know we live on Earth right, not "The Earthern Realm" that is inside BnS game?

Ah you again, the last time I argue with you, I was at 560+ AP and now you're still going round and round with your complaints, I'm already on 620+ without paying real cash and 2~3 hours of playing . Did you made any actual progression while spending time being an 'activist' on the forum?

Back to your reply on my post.

The "their throat" I refer to, is players themselves, not NCSoft. I think my previous post is in no way, implicating NCSoft.

Besides, RNG Gem socket is an aspect that affects the entire player base thoroughly, and it's partially involve paid money for some players.

Meanwhile the complaints of your peers in hope for spoon-feed however, isn't something that affects the entire player base, let alone acknowledging it as a problem. And of course, I do not want to go in detail about this topic of bullshit again, feel free to complain all days long while the players out there are making actual progression, leaving the likes of you behind further and deeper. Your choice, your life.

*I genuinely have got no idea what it is with your last sentence, is it attempting to convey the notion that y'all have life asides of game? Well if its so, no time or no money = don't play MMO, my equation, forum is for opinions just as you said.

The irony Lmaoooo. 

Reading these posts only justifies the OP's point. We're supposed to stick together and get NCsoft to understand the shortcomings of this game, but you are all fighting and insulting each other instead..

To be honest, why are you guys talking about P2w? The reason for this thread is how we the community suck, and we make this game worse than it actually is. The game has its unfair issues and mind-boggling moments but I would have been OK with it if YOU guys weren't so whiny and feel like youre entitled to everything. Im forced to play with only guildies, because I cant stand any of you. You guys blame NCsoft but its not their fault, players are so AP centered, impaitent, rude and ungrateful. NCsoft playing us with premium, making the game very alt-unfriendly, the games performance...these are issues that we need fixed. I dont want to defend them, but I rather play with people that arent assholes and really....a lot of you are assholes in this game. 

Im at 640 ap, and i try to be paitent with players I come across. Especially in dungeons like Asura where people quit if you so much as fart the wrong way.

3 hours ago, MistahJayden said:

The irony Lmaoooo. 

Reading these posts only justifies the OP's point.

The game has its unfair issues and mind-boggling moments but I would have been OK with it if YOU guys weren't so whiny and feel like youre entitled to everything. Im forced to play with only guildies, because I cant stand any of you.

Oh the irony indeed. ONETRUEWAYISM and bigotry of differing playstyles, rather than empathy for your fellow players.

We're supposed to stick together and get NCsoft to understand the shortcomings of this game

It doesn't work where there are people like you on one side of the fence, and those of us on the other side. Since we are having to fight each other to get this understanding, there is no clear line in the sand for NCSoft to be able to draw where it stands and what to do.

Since there is NO understanding from the playerbase and people keep getting called "want something for nothing" or "spoiled entitled brats" as has been done in threads, then what could NCSoft change?

Let me make an analogy to this whole scenario that is going around that jsut might enlighten a LOT of you what is going on.

Group A: I had no problem doing X so X isn't a problem in the game. (forgetting factors such as different servers, clans, etc)

Group B: I am having a problem with it so there is a problem.

Group A: Nope I did that long ago and got passed it so no reason to change for you so it is not a problem. Just do it the way everyone else does it.

We will leave out the part where something Group A already got passed and a change in it will no longer affect out of this analogy and jsut repalce the part of the game with something simple like say, peanuts.

Group A: I have no problem eating peanuts, so they don't need to be changed.

Group B: But I have a problem eating peanuts, so there is a problem.

Group A: Nope, I have eaten peanuts for a long time and they never caused me any problem nor have any reason to be changed. Just eat peanuts like everyone else does.

BEORE any strawman comes up about peanuts killing someone that is allergic, and BnS not killing someone; YES Korea put a timer on the length of time someone could play the game. 8 hours I think. This is FOR HEALTH AND SAFETY REASONS. So people do NOT ruin their health playing the game. Also the "death" is not the issue of the analogy. The issue is that some people, cannot identify with a problem because they did not have it. Insert wheelchairs and the need for wheelchair ramps, etc. Insert different class-based interactions with Hajoon. The game is played, BY THE CODE AND DESIGN, differently by different people, which means those in Group A who think no change should be made because they did NOT experience a problem, means that Group B is being ignored by both Group A and NCSoft when they do NOT attempt, nay FAIL to see that it could be a problem. Like Toyota and their airbags. Some don't have problems, some do, they recalled ALL models to fix any potential problem.

NCSoft and Group A just can't seem to understand things need fixing because they worship at the altar in some sort of lust and pride that doesn't let them see a thing needs to be fixed.

Well good news at least for Group B who can't eat peanuts, they identified the allergens in the peanut, and are not making allergen-free peanuts for those people in Group B to eat.

How hard really is it for NCSoft to change their game to include a broader audience, that would give them access to a larger revenue stream, and give them word-of-mouth advertising of people WANTING to play the game and have NEW players who might also contribute to the revenue stream for NCSoft as well as players to have more people to play with "the way they want to play" rather than be forced to play by 1 singular META, which is what causes so many bots, because BnS CAN be programmed to be palyed, for those that want to do so, while others that enjoy another playstyle are left out while the bots run rampant.

19 hours ago, GreenDestiny said:

This is by far the worst gaming community I have seen in 15 years of pc gaming. I think most of it is because of the game design.

^ this right here says it best. The game PROMOTES the toxicity worse than League of Legends. THAT is pretty dang bad when your game promote players being toxic. You have failed making a game when that happens, and you have to redesign some or  a LOT to fix the problem. BnS is jsut designed over competitive for an MMO. its PVE it trying too hard to be a full on PVP game for some eSport, and it doesnt work for MMOs. BnS in its current state of design in the west is just a heavy grind MOBA.

If someone wants a toxic environment MOBA, they can just play League of Legends that is much LESS P2W. Balance issues are at least addressed there routinely, connection have improved greatly so there is less DC's, AND you ALWAYS feel like you are advancing because you in game currency keeps coming to let you buy new things like champions and skins. VERY Alt friendly game as well. Shared bank for your runes/etc, 1 level which is account based....Infinite free outfit storage. What does BnS offer that it does better?

Archived