The Game is friendly, the Community is not!

KittyCat188

When I first played this game, I was very impressed, by many things: the movie-like cutscenes, the glossy appearance of the characters, unique skill system and equipments, and especially, the very newbie-friendly tutorials. Although I had experienced with many MMORPGs before that, I still found that there were so many things to discover in Blade and Soul, 'cause of so many differences. But as my character grew up, I'm gradually disappointed with many things as well. 

At level 20ish, I saw tons of bots in Blackram Narrows, and it seems to me that GMs didn't, don't, and won't do anything about it. I saw the world chat channel turned into gold-sellers channel. Spamming all day, all night, and no GMs care about it also.

At level 30ish, I saw myself struggling with some Green/Blue dungeons. I tried to ask people around me to party up, but sometimes, they just ignored me. (or may be they don't speak English?) Most of the time, I had to solo everything, and just followed the quests without being able to communicate with anyone. People didn't seem to be interested in chatting.

At level 40ish, I found that this game finally revealed its own way to get real money from players (free-to-play, but pay-to-win). Impossible to upgrade your weapons and accessories without putting in some NCoins to buy gold, or buying gold directly from those sellers. And those who pay more would go to the next map first, leaving you behind. 

At level 45-50, I received tons of daily quests that again, I couldn't solo by myself. Some, I didn't even know how to do it, no further instructions in the quest info. A friend told me to join her clan, "they're really helpful" she said. But no, after a week, I still couldn't do those dailies anyhow, since they only party up like a team, no outsiders. So all I did was to do some cross-server dungeons, tried to keep up with 50s in Blackram Supply Chain & Bloodshade Harbour to get better soul shield sets. There, it would be a surprise if any of them waited for you or tried to protect you. And at the end of each turn, if they ever talk to each other, it would be arguing/swearing when bidding. 

At level 50+, you wanna join them? AP 500+ first. It's posted everywhere, even in the clans' recruitments. Oops, my AP is not even 400 yet! Lol... How? No further instruction. More money or leave. 

-----------------

So after all, is it because of the general mechanics of the game or the unconcerned community?! I think it's the community.

I agree that the gold value in this game is somewhat too important, but why not helping each other out, or at least trying to help the newbies?!

What's the fun if you're the strongest but noone can see it because they're still at the map far-lower than you, or they just simply cannot join you?

I just don't get it.

Sometimes, all I wanna do when I log into the game is to return into Blackram Narrows or Tomb of Exiles to help newbies get their class-specific weapons, even return into Jadestone Village to help them with the scorpion. It's even more fun to me than partying with a bunch of 50s in those high-end dungeons. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to your pay 2 win thought:

This game is not pay 2 win. I managed to get all materials needed to max out my accessories and weapon with just doing runs and dailies and thats it.

May seem hard and unrealistic but its not just requires some effort.

And community is what it is...its the same in every other game too. Yu find those that are helpful and nice and you see the aholes everywhere showing off their @-Peens because of the equipment they have while when push coms to show they suck.

7 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

In regards to your pay 2 win thought:

This game is not pay 2 win. I managed to get all materials needed to max out my accessories and weapon with just doing runs and dailies and thats it.

May seem hard and unrealistic but its not just requires some effort.

And community is what it is...its the same in every other game too. Yu find those that are helpful and nice and you see the aholes everywhere showing off their @-Peens because of the equipment they have while when push coms to show they suck.

It is pay-to-win to players from far away countries like me. An example: Soulstones. It is impossible for high-ping players to enter the faction-war area to farm dailies (in order to get soulstones). It's so lagging that you would feel lucky if you're alive. So what should I do now? Are you suggesting that I should run Tomb of Exiles to get 2 soulstones/day?! 

You're absolutely right, its mostly the community at fault and then the game it self. Sad part, this keeps going in every game though, its not just this specific game. From the other hand, in lower levels/ap's you have some nice people like you, who want to progress and be friendly and want to do some teamplay and be helpful, and you have some others that are just trying to use the higher levels/clans for these extra several runs in the X dungeon until they get bored of the game and ditch it, until they change char cause at level 36 (even level 50) they decided they don't like this class and ditch the people/clan who helped them (or some times they reach lvl 50 and roll asap an alt and they demand to do the same crap with every char they decide to roll with), or they stick with you until they get geared and then they ditch you cause they're too op to be around you.

We all helped others once... But no one wants to get used and be ditched. As low lvl's/ap's want to enjoy the game, same goes for higher lvls/ap's.. And when someone decides to gets out of his way and spend his precious time to help you and gets treated badly at the end, then no, he won't do it again with anyone else. 

Well Look the game is indeed P2W .  but you did not even mentioned half of the problems it has. if you are planing to upgrade your weapons to max prepare to do it as a second job. since it will take you hours on hours to do so. or you can just throw some money in ncoin and exploit the currency exchange system to no end with ration 1:9 is really easy to upgrade. I my self quited the game for that kind of reasons back then.  days after days same bots spamming  hackers all over the pvp arena etc. they do some stuff but their systems are bad as it can get, I my self got banned while not playing for 3rd party (resolved not banned anymore) but the GM do NEED to be in game and SHOW they are in
but anyhow Yes I quited back then cause of the endless farm and zero rewords, Now I am back to play with SoulMaster take her to 50 and most probably quit again then upgrade system is the worst system ever created for western players. if you are above 20 you have no chance on playing the game and enjoy it.  I have played lots of MMOS maxed out on them fairly easy. this game? if you dont play 24/7 in literal sense you are going nowhere, (and be sure ppl will deny that) 

23 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

It's clear you have no idea what Pay2Win means. >_>

2 minutes ago, Sir Useless said:

Well Look the game is indeed P2W .  but you did not even mentioned half of the problems it has. if you are planing to upgrade your weapons to max prepare to do it as a second job. since it will take you hours on hours to do so. or you can just throw some money in ncoin and exploit the currency exchange system to no end with ration 1:9 is really easy to upgrade. I my self quited the game for that kind of reasons back then.  days after days same bots spamming  hackers all over the pvp arena etc. they do some stuff but their systems are bad as it can get, I my self got banned while not playing for 3rd party (resolved not banned anymore) but the GM do NEED to be in game and SHOW they are in
but anyhow Yes I quited back then cause of the endless farm and zero rewords, Now I am back to play with SoulMaster take her to 50 and most probably quit again then upgrade system is the worst system ever created for western players. if you are above 20 you have no chance on playing the game and enjoy it.  I have played lots of MMOS maxed out on them fairly easy. this game? if you dont play 24/7 in literal sense you are going nowhere, (and be sure ppl will deny that) 

I will agree that the upgrade system is the worst I've even met in any MMO.. This and the Hongmoon Levels make this game completely alt/noob unfriendly. If you're not playing 24/7 or if you don't have some strong friends to help you, its not gonna happen. I know for myself, cause I'd like to swap main but the only reason I don't do it its cause I farmed personally every mat and every gold required and every EXP needed for the HM lvls and I'm sitting on a 600AP char with HM9 and I have absolutely no will to spend the same amount of time to get a new char to this specific point I am now in 2-3 months, when the requirements will be higher once again and my brand new char will be the new 500AP for the rest.. 

But..From the other hand, it was us, the community who asked from NCWest to bring the game EXACTLY as it was in KR.

There are rotten people everywhere. There are some gems of players despite of this fact that let you join them or are willing to help out. But sad part is that I feel like people will grow to be the same as they got treated earlier. Even sometime I feel embarrassed of my thoughts of "why the *cricket* is this lv 47 in yeti run, should I just leave?" but after I saw this person having more AP than some HM4 I realized how silly I was and remembering alts of exp players exist! >_<

NCSoft said in their streams that they will not do that. and anyhow the next week and ahead and released the game exactly as that, I dont mean to offend them but they did a really poor job and ruined a highly anticipated game on launch day, the endless queues , the fake promises , the never to be banned  bots/hackers exept if there is an maintenance
and their system will most probably take some innocent players with it as well , the use of GameGuard in 2016  (good to mentioned that every single game that used GameGuard was shutdown and companies that used it also got shutdown such as acclaim / game-masters who both used this rootkit in their games.) 

7 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

There are rotten people everywhere. There are some gems of players despite of this fact that let you join them or are willing to help out. But sad part is that I feel like people will grow to be the same as they got treated earlier. Even sometime I feel embarrassed of my thoughts of "why the *cricket* is this lv 47 in yeti run, should I just leave?" but after I saw this person having more AP than some HM4 I realized how silly I was and remembering alts of exp players exist! >_<

This is exactly what I was trying to say. I also did experienced some people leaving because they saw me - a *cricket* in a party in Bloodshade. Lol 

11 minutes ago, Sir Useless said:

NCSoft said in their streams that they will not do that. and anyhow the next week and ahead and released the game exactly as that, I dont mean to offend them but they did a really poor job and ruined a highly anticipated game on launch day, the endless queues , the fake promises , the never to be banned  bots/hackers exept if there is an maintenance
and their system will most probably take some innocent players with it as well , the use of GameGuard in 2016  (good to mentioned that every single game that used GameGuard was shutdown and companies that used it also got shutdown such as acclaim / game-masters who both used this rootkit in their games.) 

They promised they won't make it p2w. Still I believe when you add materials for upgrades in an rng box in your cash shop it IS p2w and the excuse of "but you can farm them..!" is the most silly I've ever heard..! Yea you can spend 10 days farming in ssp if you don't get killed from the opposite faction, if you have high enough dps to actually get a box from the bosses (count lag on that) etc etc or you can buy 10 boxes and be done in 30mins. Sure, that's totally not p2w, great way to keep your promise!

Aside that, they were always saying how the game will come to west as it is in other version (upgrade paths etc) that never changed and it was the community that asked not to change it. 

13 minutes ago, ander01se said:

It's clear you have no idea what Pay2Win means. >_>

p2w means you get an extra edge against players who dont use money to buy gold.....well in this game you dont. It helps you get stuff faster but doesnt give you an edge in any way since all gems that were in trove and such can be obtained in game atm without spending any money,

@KittyCat188

I am from EU and play on NA  servers so you can imagine my ping isnt great anyway yet i still manage to do my SSP and get soulstones. I laways do them when there arent many ppl online. You can also do misty woods dailies and get soulstones from there. moonstones can be gotten from Whirlwind Valley and many other places, same with stingers.

There are plenty of alternatives to get the materials you need. the question is are you lazy to do it? or do you want to work for it?

Buying soulstones for gold you make from doing your dailies does not count as pay2win.

Community is shit here and in the oposite games, same people plays, people that want to be the best, elitist and they will go only by they terms.

Huu, i made an alt last week and i did a lot of LFP since i didnt wanted to bother friends, and i saw a lot of shity people, im on 467 AP, FM, and a lot of times when i match partys with same AP people just quit saying on chat huuuh again with a bunch of noobs. Dude, you are the same as me, wtf are u talking about.

Happy thing is that also some times i got match were 1 legendary player enters and help out to the hole party, thats prety nice from people.

And the solution for toxic people are clans, in my main clan we have people 300 or 400+ that we help out and i see that other clans do the same. There are nice people clans, just need to look after them.

7 minutes ago, KittyCat188 said:

This is exactly what I was trying to say. I also did experienced some people leaving because they saw me - a *cricket* in a party in Bloodshade. Lol 

Don't worry, level nor AP doesn't mean anything. I saw once HM8 with 550 AP not being able to do BSC because the poor guy didn't know how to get past the gap after Slashimi. ._.

The community is extremely unfriendly ! I totally agree, and I seen people who I know in real life personally who says: "LOOK AT ALL THESE 400s! Lets leave." 

and guess what, I pug Yeti and Necro, with my main or my alts, and with a full party of 400s made it, one run, no problem. 

I pug necro, because it is an easy dungeon, tbh, there's no hard part. and 2 person on every post is enough to solo a post. and people still 9999AP for 6 man... why? u trying to clean the dungeon of mobs??? or Kill the scorpion queen within 6 hit?

One day my 450+ Summoner alt, was looking for party in Awakened Necro, (LFP random not Premade rooms) I was waiting a loooong ass time, some guy joined and he was the party leader, He immediately stopped the party search and selected TOE and some other low end dungeons and left. HOW EFFED UP?! AND TO MAKE MATTERS WORSE THIS ONE HECK OF A EYESORE IS IN THE SAME SERVER AS MINE!

This is my thought, people get cocky, they think they need 99999AP to do every dungeon available. if they joined a 400s for yeti, they leave immediately.. why are u even pugging if u are picky? 

Enuf said, people in these community are quite trashy.

Me and my friend couldn't do Asura, and its not like we didn't even try, like after joining 6 premade room with varying requirements, still fail! (and we tried 2 to 3 times each run drained 100 antidotes into nothing)

We tried asking our clan for help,

and the replies we got? "We done it once, you should already know how"

Yasss we know how, we got mechanic, DOes mechanic kills boss within enrage time? GUess not -.-

It's not like we dont ask when we need help, when we ask, either no one replies or people get cocky and call you a noob, like they were born "Jaesung" or smth.

@KittyCat188

A big portion of the communities toxicity is a direct result of bad game design. Everyone needs the same stuff. And they need A LOT OF IT. So everyone needs to focus on the grind. It's a very unfriendly game for new players and alts. Competing with everyone for everything and grinding like it's a second job to advance builds up a lot of negativity.

30 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

p2w means you get an extra edge against players who dont use money to buy gold.....well in this game you dont. It helps you get stuff faster but doesnt give you an edge in any way since all gems that were in trove and such can be obtained in game atm without spending any money,

That is an extra edge. Especially with how grindy it's made to get anywhere in this game. p2w isn't necessarily exclusive to uber gear unobtainable by normal players. People need to realize their narrow view isn't the only one on this. A very grindy game where you can skip the grind by forking over lots of hard cash is pay to win. Even if you want to disguise it as pay to advance.

4 minutes ago, Shintuan said:

@KittyCat188

A big portion of the communities toxicity is a direct result of bad game design. Everyone needs the same stuff. And they need A LOT OF IT. So everyone needs to focus on the grind. It's a very unfriendly game for new players and alts. Competing with everyone for everything and grinding like it's a second job to advance builds up a lot of negativity.

That is an extra edge. Especially with how grindy it's made to get anywhere in this game. p2w isn't necessarily exclusive to uber gear unobtainable by normal players. People need to realize their narrow view isn't the only one on this. A very grindy game where you can skip the grind by forking over lots of hard cash is pay to win. Even if you want to disguise it as pay to advance.

it isnt pay to win tho. Pay to win would be like the CN version where legendary weapons are in the hongmoon store, thats pay 2 win. Legendary weapon here means nearly nothing since you can easlity do all the runs with just true pirate even. Since all weapons have the same stats there is no extra edge, just a time saving which actually isnt that much because i managed to get 2 accessories upgraded per week with just grinding my materials.

This is a MMO RPG, these games are MADE to be grindy, they are supposed to be a time sink, take time to complete and not an instant max gear within a few minutes.

If you cant handle the grind why are you playing? I wont even mention that there are like 3 options now to get a jackpot at a 100 bundle of the upgrade mats....

7 minutes ago, TooNoob said:

This is my thought, people get cocky, they think they need 99999AP to do every dungeon available. if they joined a 400s for yeti, they leave immediately.. why are u even pugging if u are picky? 

I agree with this so much. I leave party with low AP person only if I know that thing is a bot. They usually have Silverfrost Staff if they are summoner bots.

I think it's a different experience for everyone since when I lvled up from 1 to 20 there were too many players on in every single map, so getting into groups was easy.

I solod from 20 to 30 but that was because I just wanted to rely on my own skills for some time and not rush through lvls.

Abt bots, well, you could report and block them but EVERY single online game has goldbots at some point..action is being taken but as with all games, they find their ways around it and keep coming.

If you join a clan and they wont help you, that means you should go look for a different clan.

When I got to a higher lvl I tend to help lower lvls whenever I can, but I even got cursed at by lower lvls when they asked for help, and I just had something better to do.

When I denied em and said: sorry I don\t have time atm'' They all went on a rampage. 

At lvl 40/50, you should be able to solo the dailies, well yeah, they take longer to clear but you can easily clear em solo.

I do agree on the fact that everyone requiring 500ap for some dungeons are noobs themselfs.

but some dungeons in fact do require a high ap since the bosses are time based, and you're not going to do nearly enough dps with 300ap ppl at some high end dungeons.

Also do I want to make clear that this game is anything but pay to win lmao.

some of my best friends haven't spend a dime on this game and are loaded, just by merching, farming and spending some of their gold in the currency exchange to get money-bought-stuff.

so although some servers may have a shitty community, doesn't mean it's the same at every server.

and ppl tend to complain way too fast, back in the days on other games I had to grind for 10hours straight to get a lvl. so imo all games nowadays have been made TOO easy. and yet everyone still complains if they can't achieve something which takes some time and effort.

Free to play games are generally going to have a "bad" community. To solve that, join a good clan with a chatting program like discord or skype. This game is not a pay to win, I've beaten other players who've had 100-150+ AP. I've seen some horendous high AP players. This game has a ton of skill involved, but you can pay to get gear or things to help you grow faster. If you're below 400 AP, what I did, was I joined a clan and we did sogun's and dailies and got to 400 in no time. Once you get your main character up. getting your other characters to 400 AP is quite easy and you shouldn't have to deal with that problem again.

Have your even considered the fact that the people who are getting helped , dont apreciate it ? 

I have played many many manyyyyyy online games and my way of viewing things is that every1 is bad person 

I can ONLY almost  trust the teamates that i cooperate 

Archived