Dead game after 4month, merge the server already!

All 45 dungeons are dead, all 24NSH and 24PoH dead, all world boss farm are dead.....can't even make new toon without having to spend days to farm for the right fodders.

Even the lvl50 instances are harder and longer to que day after day.

Stop pretending that BnS is populated, not to mention the a big portion of bots, just freaking merge to a mega server or something.....

No new players can enjoy the game! 

The rate of people leaving is way wayyy greater than the rate of ppl joining!!!

Just merge the servers already wow.....forget ur pride NCsoft....you already lost it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see anyhting dead on my server only the two 24 man dungeon in moonwater. I see no harder or longer queues in cross-server. Nobody is pretending, you are pretending it's not. Nobody cares if they leave, I know I don't, pampered low life people who are afraid to fire up their credit card (or their mom's credit card) once in a while to pay for a BOX and call it pay2win, and constantly crying about everything deserve to leave. I am seriously fed up with you guys. All I see everywhere is "bns is dead". No it's not, you are just impatient thus it's dead. Many stuff isn't released yet, and seeing other regions we are still long way from finish, yet everyone leaves half way cause they are used to being pampered.

Wrong takes less than a min to que for lvl 45 and below dungeons If it is the daily is instant. World boss yes some of the are dead coz there are no reason to farm them. The one that do drop the stuff for the wheels of fate still have people farming (mostly bots). I still low level running around doing quest when I am on my alts.

Anyone who thinks this game is not dead is simply in denial because they've already spent too much time/money into this. It's understandable to have positive thinking of course.

How is it possible for the 24-man dungeons to be completely dead otherwise? If the assumption that this game is still "alive", then let's say each server has at least 10k players. Even if 1% of that population decides to do 24-man, we'd still have at least a dozen or so running around at any time. Yet I've never seen a group of more than 3 people in either of the 24-man dungeons. 90% of the time, I'm just sitting there waiting for someone to come to kill the damn bosses.

8 minutes ago, Melodia said:

Anyone who thinks this game is not dead is simply in denial because they've already spent too much time/money into this. It's understandable to have positive thinking of course.

How is it possible for the 24-man dungeons to be completely dead otherwise? If the assumption that this game is still "alive", then let's say each server has at least 10k players. Even if 1% of that population decides to do 24-man, we'd still have at least a dozen or so running around at any time. Yet I've never seen a group of more than 3 people in either of the 24-man dungeons. 90% of the time, I'm just sitting there waiting for someone to come to kill the damn bosses.

Because the 24man sucks? Before the sliverfrost patch blackram 24man was full of people everyday. As soon as the patch comes out is empty maybe a few people will go back from time to time. Sliverfrost 24man same thing it was pack for the first little while. Now you can still found lot's of people during evenings but after that is pretty empty. Most people are doing dungeons 6man mostly for mats and gear for the upcoming patch. Is the same with every MMORPG. Current players don't want to do old content because it gives them nothing. New players don't really do them because they want to get the max level and experience the end game content. 6man is sitll very popular though.

23 minutes ago, Hire De Lune said:

Merge a crimson-populated server vs. a cerulean-populated server. Should make for good times.

Don't expect good open-world PbP action from this. Blue and Crimson will simply fill to brim their own channels, not letting another side to disturb them doing PvE in opwn-world PvP areas.

Then, people will pretty much see which one is more overpopulated, and progress to switch side. The it becomes one-sided again.

2 hours ago, Mucski said:

I don't see anyhting dead on my server only the two 24 man dungeon in moonwater. I see no harder or longer queues in cross-server. Nobody is pretending, you are pretending it's not. Nobody cares if they leave, I know I don't, pampered low life people who are afraid to fire up their credit card (or their mom's credit card) once in a while to pay for a BOX and call it pay2win, and constantly crying about everything deserve to leave. I am seriously fed up with you guys. All I see everywhere is "bns is dead". No it's not, you are just impatient thus it's dead. Many stuff isn't released yet, and seeing other regions we are still long way from finish, yet everyone leaves half way cause they are used to being pampered.

I'm sorry but "your server" doesn't represent everyone else's experience. I won't comment on the queues because tbh I don't really see bad times. Then again I don't really cross for them lately so eh. But there are those that are pretending. You for example if you honestly believe this game isn't dwindling. You don't particularly have to care but that is beside the point. I mean good lord the actual delusions you have made for yourself speaks volumes in this post. But no it surely isn't BnS but everyone else that is the issue. Game is handled poorly. You can make all the reasons or excuses as you wish. It does not change that simple fact. I won't say BnS is dead but I would not dare to suggest it is doing just fine as is.

Since people don't like the word dead, how aout the game is dying quickly, is that better?

Try to reroll a new character right now and you will see. The reason I know is because I just did and it is dramatically different from when I made my first toon. If u only do high lvl content then u cannot defend the game not dying.

Lately it's been hard to even get the lvl 45 blue dungeons like skittering tunnels and pigsty. Ques are taking over five minutes some times. I have to often que into the dungeon with only 2 people and then press the button to add more to party. Some people don't even get que in until we are already at final boss because it takes so long to find more for party.

I had to leave my old server cause it is dead. I rerolled into mushin so it doesn't feel so much like a sandbox game on low levels.

I rerolled 4 times have 2 50 chars 1 45 and 1 28 level char i still fail to see what's dying or is dead besides you people who keep saying it's dead or dying ... If u dont like it just leave already and stop ruining my day with ur dumb dying posts. Also back in the day e.fleet and nsh was everyone's primary way of earning gold and farming, now nobody cares about 3 gold for like 5 bosses each with 3+ mil hp. But they fixed that by occasionally including it in dailies. So what exactly is your problem?

2 hours ago, Mucski said:

Allow me to translate this for those of you without your NC prescribed rose colored glasses:

"I don't have Cancer. I don't personally know anyone with Cancer. Therefore, Cancer isn't real, and isn't a real problem." 

:)

4 minutes ago, Mucski said:

I rerolled 4 times have 2 50 chars 1 45 and 1 28 level char i still fail to see what's dying or is dead besides you people who keep saying it's dead or dying ... If u dont like it just leave already and stop ruining my day with ur dumb dying posts. Also back in the day e.fleet and nsh was everyone's primary way of earning gold and farming, now nobody cares about 3 gold for like 5 bosses each with 3+ mil hp. But they fixed that by occasionally including it in dailies. So what exactly is your problem?

I have 3 (50's), 1 (36), 1 (32), 2 (10's), and a (2) that will never leave the starter instance. Oh right forgot to mention, all rolled on MUSHIN, and have been there since week one. 

It's it's an undeniable FACT that numbers of new players and players as a whole have drastically dwindled since then. To say otherwise is either complacent denial, or flat out lying.

Sorry to burst that bubble.

9 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

Allow me to translate this for those of you without your NC prescribed rose colored glasses:

"I don't have Cancer. I don't personally know anyone with Cancer. Therefore, Cancer isn't real, and isn't a real problem." 

:)

It isn't a real problem at all. The problem is you are all lazy and like to be spoonfed. That's the only real problem in bns

3 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

I have 3 (50's), 1 (36), 1 (32), 2 (10's), and a (2) that will never leave the starter instance. Oh right forgot to mention, all rolled on MUSHIN, and have been there since week one. 

It's it's an undeniable FACT that numbers of new players and players as a whole have drastically dwindled since then. To say otherwise is either complacent denial, or flat out lying.

Sorry to burst that bubble.

And i don't see how does that affect you with 3 level 50s. Also people now can go from 1 to 48 the very least in one shot. Why would they need low level area population?

You are one of the unfortunate people who did not search first which server is best and evenly populated. almost all MMO's there are dead servers. You should know that. And partly you are correct, BnS is dead, in your server. Next time take time to research.  All games will be dead if you join a dead server.

4 minutes ago, Mucski said:

And i don't see how does that affect you with 3 level 50s. Also people now can go from 1 to 48 the very least in one shot. Why would they need low level area population?

Because unlike most players, I actually DO care about the well being of the mmos I invest time in. The fact that player base numbers have not only stalled, but are shrinking at an alarming rate, (barely 5 months after release in this region), is more than disconcerting. It's down right frightening.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in this games future does it?

If you can't see what's wrong with this picture than buddy, I can't help you. Keep dem glasses on and hope for the best, I guess.

3 minutes ago, Arcayne said:

Because unlike most players, I actually DO care about the well being of the mmos I invest time in. The fact that player base numbers have not only stalled, but are shrinking at an alarming rate, (barely 5 months after release in this region), is more than disconcerting. It's down right frightening.

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence in this games future does it?

If you can't see what's wrong with this picture than buddy, I can't help you. Keep dem glasses on and hope for the best, I guess.

You got it all wrong. As long as there is 1 player online bns wont shut down. Big companies have contracts for years 1 year minimum for projects like these and it can't be shut down. I never in my life seen a game that would shut down after 5 months of it's release. So instead of sitting in a corner and shaking of oh god its dead it gonna shut down, try to have some fun and if you can't then it's time to look for something else. I know i am still having fun, hence why i will stay, regardless of hackers and crybabies and whatnot.

@Mucski, u are way too defensive. Not because u aren't experiencing what other people are doesnt mean it doesn't exist. 

@Choco wack :BTW cross dungeon queuing is not server specific, it is ALL servers. The fact it takes so long to get in a dungeon using cross dungeon que Versus how it was before is a huge indication that population across all servers declined. 

OP wants some servers merged because his server is dead. Which I understand first hand. Even on my server originally it was booming with alot of people and now it's empty. Even mushin doesn't have alot of people at low levels but I'll take it over the ghost towns on old server.

Anyway, yes I agree OP they need to merge some servers. I feel like ncsoft is asleep at the wheel.

4 hours ago, LadyGamerluv said:

Since people don't like the word dead, how aout the game is dying quickly, is that better?

Try to reroll a new character right now and you will see. The reason I know is because I just did and it is dramatically different from when I made my first toon. If u only do high lvl content then u cannot defend the game not dying.

Lately it's been hard to even get the lvl 45 blue dungeons like skittering tunnels and pigsty. Ques are taking over five minutes some times. I have to often que into the dungeon with only 2 people and then press the button to add more to party. Some people don't even get que in until we are already at final boss because it takes so long to find more for party.

I had to leave my old server cause it is dead. I rerolled into mushin so it doesn't feel so much like a sandbox game on low levels.

I have currently

a lvl 50 I do end game content

a lvl 47 summoner that I am slowly playing

a lvl 46 BM

a lvl 46 WL

a lvl 33 KFM that I am ejoying atm

a lvl 35 Desto

a lvl 19 BD

and I can tell you with the various atls they are at different location of the game and there are still people. Not as much but there are still people leveling that I ran into.

To say the game is dead because there are less people running the lower level content could be true as it shows not a lot of new people are joining.  BUT get your butt up to the lvl 50 content and stand in the Dungeon Finder Lobby for a bit and watch the players running for dungeons and you have to eat your *game is dead* words.  lvl 50 HM1+ don't really have much need to actively use the lower level maps as there is so much to keep them occupied in the higher level maps.

No the game isn't dead, far from it.

The funny thing is with how dead most zones are, there are like 8 channels for things like Cinderlands, and 2 channels for soulstone plains... There is maybe 10 people in Cinderlands large desert area and it takes that Manny channels for them all, while SSP has 70 people on a single channel.

0 player growth usually means a game is dead, no new people joining means your revenue stream will dry up son as people will be leaving more often than joining.

8 hours ago, Cherish said:

To say the game is dead because there are less people running the lower level content could be true as it shows not a lot of new people are joining.  BUT get your butt up to the lvl 50 content and stand in the Dungeon Finder Lobby for a bit and watch the players running for dungeons and you have to eat your *game is dead* words.  lvl 50 HM1+ don't really have much need to actively use the lower level maps as there is so much to keep them occupied in the higher level maps.

No the game isn't dead, far from it.

The game is dying. It's not sustainable if you don't have new players frequently. And B&S doesn't, that's why it's really important to see that the low level areas are empty. And I'm on my 7th or 8th character on one of the main EU servers, the low level areas ARE empty, I'm kinda playing a solo game and can see no one for hours (even with only 2 channels). We all know that high level players are quitting the game,  you can easily see that the number of channels available in the 45 or 50 areas is half what it was a few weeks ago, and if you don't have new players to replace them, your game is in a bad spot. A declining population means a declining revenue, and when you don't have enough players to stay profitable, your game dies. With the current trend, this point is coming, that's obvious. The only question is "when", and nothing is sure about it. 

It's hilarious to read @Mucski saying something so wrong as "as long as there is one player the game won't shut down", it's white knighting at a whole new level of blindness. Right, no MMO game ever died with players still on the servers. 

Recently I got sick of the end game grind and because the only draw card for me when it comes to BnS is the combat I decided to try a new class. I can speak only for my server but honestly for 90% of my levelling experience to 36 it feel like I was playing a single player game and not an mmo. I mostly saw Bots and high levels farming field bosses and the other 4% were either new players or those levelling alts. I tried for 3 hours to get a party for exiles and got a friend to run me through Blackram. 

So it is getting bad and not really worth levelling up a new character. 

Some servers may be more affected than others but the dwindling numbers is real.

Archived