More and more people expect to be carried

spongemike

Seems more and more people are expect to be carried through dungeons. Was leveling my alts ranging form 20's to lvl 46. As soon as the groups are form and people realize there isn't a super lvl level in the group they just drop..... I ask one guy before he leaves and his reasoning was there aren't lvl 50's and the dungeon run is going to fail so mind as well drop the party.

I understand for the lvl 40's blue dungeon is good to have a high level in there but you don't have to. As long as everyone knows what they are doing and carry their own weight it can be done.

49 minutes ago, Passel said:

I am not surprise to see lvl 30s in 45 blue dungeon no more.

they are the cheer leader,

When I see them I stop attacking and let them do the work. They will either die and leave group or they will leave group thinking I went afk. Also they have no place in there in the first place so they can level up. I always follow the level requirement set by the dungeons. Even if my alt have all gear upgraded and gems as well I don't go in till I am at that level. Just coz I have the gear doesn't mean I have all my skills unlock to be useful in the dungeons.

I recall trying Forgotten Tomb for the first time. Right after I got to Golden Deva. So I went to it as a lvl 30-32 when the recommended lvl is 36.

Let's just say recommended lvls are there for a good reason. Not following them to the letter is, well, pretty *cricket*ing stupid.

Its interesting seeing posts like this, and posts like having lv50s running low level dungeons ruin the fun for lower level players.

But I agree, even when I was lv20, it made me rage seeing a lv18 joining lv20 purple dungeon. But nowadays its so hard for solo player to find grp doing lower level dungeons, so I don't mind that much, even though they are basically leeching their way through.

18 hours ago, Mistia said:

Its interesting seeing posts like this, and posts like having lv50s running low level dungeons ruin the fun for lower level players.

But I agree, even when I was lv20, it made me rage seeing a lv18 joining lv20 purple dungeon. But nowadays its so hard for solo player to find grp doing lower level dungeons, so I don't mind that much, even though they are basically leeching their way through.

I try not to leech on my BM but I always see people that's way higher level in dungeons they kill everything so now I have time learning how to tank or dps in dungeons with my BM.

You make it sound like this doesn't happen at actual level 50 dungeons. Just go in to any necro pug. 2 people will immediately run to soul ward and just stand there until lycan and the other camps are done. They pretend it will "save time", but they just want to be lazy since 6 people on lycan is faster, and escape only takes a couple of seconds.

2 hours ago, Hongmoon said:

You make it sound like this doesn't happen at actual level 50 dungeons. Just go in to any necro pug. 2 people will immediately run to soul ward and just stand there until lycan and the other camps are done. They pretend it will "save time", but they just want to be lazy since 6 people on lycan is faster, and escape only takes a couple of seconds.

The way we used to 3 man necro for dailies is just open all three when you get there, and whoever does the left one (usually me) goes to solo lycan after opening orb. Usually lycan dies when the 3rd wave comes and your npcs have no trouble defending the first two waves on their own. Of course this is not the situation you were describing, but I am just letting you know of the possibilities.

lazy *cricket*ers looking for a free ride.

Lets be honest here I used to run BSC and BSH with 20k HP and had no problems with my 400ish AP, now people want 550AP and 55% crit rate to even run it no one wants to work they just want to coast and get it done easy. 

I had a Yeti party set up and some 330 AP lvl 50 jumps in after i asked for 480+ i asked him why he joined because he clearly can;t do the thing with his gear and he rages at me saying how his gear is fine so i kick him from the lobby. 

So any ways i have 530 AP 55% crit rate and 120% acc on my BD and that's pretty damn average i made an alt and at lvl 50 with true profane and a 25 AP diamond with all infernal accessories it had 401 AP so these lvl 50's with under 400 AP are lazy ...at lvl 45 on my main i was 450+ AP and running all the content 4 man...when silver frost came out day one my clan was running 4 man yeti with 450 AP players but now  i see 600 AP people just hitting the floor in 6 man runs ...it's crazy some people have gear and no clue or no gear and no clue and it's only getting worse. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2016 at 6:55 PM, OuchThatHurt said:

lazy *cricket*ers looking for a free ride.

Lets be honest here I used to run BSC and BSH with 20k HP and had no problems with my 400ish AP, now people want 550AP and 55% crit rate to even run it no one wants to work they just want to coast and get it done easy. 

I had a Yeti party set up and some 330 AP lvl 50 jumps in after i asked for 480+ i asked him why he joined because he clearly can;t do the thing with his gear and he rages at me saying how his gear is fine so i kick him from the lobby. 

So any ways i have 530 AP 55% crit rate and 120% acc on my BD and that's pretty damn average i made an alt and at lvl 50 with true profane and a 25 AP diamond with all infernal accessories it had 401 AP so these lvl 50's with under 400 AP are lazy ...at lvl 45 on my main i was 450+ AP and running all the content 4 man...when silver frost came out day one my clan was running 4 man yeti with 450 AP players but now  i see 600 AP people just hitting the floor in 6 man runs ...it's crazy some people have gear and no clue or no gear and no clue and it's only getting worse. 

It hurts from both sides. I ran nary labs the other day on my lvl 49 FM with 401 AP. I was there with all lvl 50s. hm 10 hm 6 hm 2 hm 5 hm 2. The HM 6 summoner died at final boss within 45seconds. To top it off they killed rajin will fujin was at 80%. Everyone eventually died although my fm was the last alive. As i type and explain what they did wrong, I was still dodging the rage while typing. Its sad to see people with gear suck so bad. After 2nd attempt the hm6 dies again within the 1st minute. Needless to say everyone quit but the hm10 and me and we reformed and beat it. 

Too bad there isnt a DPS meter to show real damage. BC even those *cricket*s with 500+ AP that suck arent doing shit for DPS if all they are doing is dodging/dying.  Learn to Iframe and survive will dpsing.

On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 4:55 PM, OuchThatHurt said:

made an alt and at lvl 50 with true profane and a 25 AP diamond with all infernal accessories it had 401 AP so these lvl 50's with under 400 AP are lazy ...

You are aware of the gearing process and needs. On the first character, depending on which games you played before, you may not be aware of the BnS model that wants you to grind and regrind the content in stages, rather than do the same thing you have done when leveling. As in you run the content, and once a dungeon came up, you ran it, and went on. Once you grasp the BnS model, you are okay, but before that, there is no way of knowing that you need to run and re-run and re-run. It's also easy to make a mistake of thinking that if you are level 50, you can now run level 50 content. It is not particularly obvious that you need to run the level of content that corresponds to your gear level, rather than character level, and that BnS does not provide adequate entry-level end-game gear as quest drops.

Had a Scummoner going pseudo-AFK on a Lair of the Frozen Fang PUG run today. Incidentally, he was the party leader. Luckily, the other 5 of us (2 of them being other Summoners actually being helpful) were enough to complete the dungeon, but then the Scummoner started bidding on stuff. We made sure he'd pay high for the Python Bracelet at the end, so the moment it went over 6g with him bidding last, he left before he'd share that bid with the rest of party... you know, the ones who actually HELPED AT ALL. Douche leech left right before he'd pay, so bidding on bracelet restarted and we let someone else who actually earned his right for the accessory to get it for a few coppers.

OK, now THAT is the worst type of AFKer I've ever seen in this game: not doing a *cricket* thing to actually earn the right to loot ANYTHING, then outbidding everyone else at the end just to leave because he thought he'd have any and wasn't willing to literally pay for being lazy... overall just wasting everyone's time.

Sure, the outcome for us was rather fair this time, all things considered... but I'm not expecting to be as lucky regarding fairness against AFKers in future runs. I mean, yes, Lair is the easiest of the Silverfrost purple dungeons, but come on, that's no excuse for not doing any effort to help with a run.

yesterday (if i remember correctly) was BR Supply Fleet (the 6 man dung, idk if it is fleet or chain) in daily challenge. So i (564ap) created a pt in lobby with 350+ ap requirement. Waited about  5 min, joined one guy. Then i created 550+ quick daily party. Insta full, 2 guys around 450ap, one summ bellow 400. + they are angry when i kick them and telling me that it is easy dung even with them in a party. Nuff said.

7 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

yesterday (if i remember correctly) was BR Supply Fleet (the 6 man dung, idk if it is fleet or chain) in daily challenge. So i (564ap) created a pt in lobby with 350+ ap requirement. Waited about  5 min, joined one guy. Then i created 550+ quick daily party. Insta full, 2 guys around 450ap, one summ bellow 400. + they are angry when i kick them and telling me that it is easy dung even with them in a party. Nuff said.

My tactic to help one low level to fill the party. When they write "450+ AP" for purple 50 dungeons nobody joins, so I ask for party leader and I write "500+ AP with a friend lower"...party full XD

Speaking of 500+ premades, soo many times I got people in the group in the 400's AP or lower and when the group leader rushes to get inside and doesn't check, as soon as we call them out, they start acting like they belong there "and we have enough AP to boost"...not even asking if they can tag along, or even say "thanks" when they are allowed to join and be boosted and this has happened so many times now and not ONCE did I see any of them ask if they can stay or say a simple "thanks"...not once. 

The option to kick people in dungeons needs to happen as there's nothing you can do about it but leave and waste more time trying to get into another dungeon that may also have these leeches. 

On 2016-05-06 at 11:36 AM, Hongmoon said:

The way I see most group does it is to have 3 or 4 ppl kill lycan and then 2ppl each on each orb so it faster. If there are 2 afk it won't work. Did last night with my FM and I died twice I think (wasn't paying attention). The other FM that was with me didn't fair much better. but it was done in the done after I pay more attention lol.

18 minutes ago, spongemike said:

The way I see most group does it is to have 3 or 4 ppl kill lycan and then 2ppl each on each orb so it faster. If there are 2 afk it won't work. Did last night with my FM and I died twice I think (wasn't paying attention). The other FM that was with me didn't fair much better. but it was done in the done after I pay more attention lol.

I didn't even know that. Every time it was run, it was always 2 people per station, I assumed that it was the dungeon design. Gods, this is all so confusing.

let's be honest here, 9/10 of the playerbase won't want to waste time carrying a lowbie. If only ncsoft could give incentives for players to actually help lowbie and not getting them slaughtered in dungeon because they refuse to wait 10 second.And no,that daily challenge is not all that newbie friendly considering that most 6m daily requires 5xxap+. I would say nc at least do something to make running those dungeon easier for newbies e.g. increase damage by 10% for each player below a certain level or based on the duration they have started with that character. 

On 2016-05-25 at 8:23 AM, DomiSotto said:
On 2016-05-25 at 9:29 AM, HibarixSignpost said:

let's be honest here, 9/10 of the playerbase won't want to waste time carrying a lowbie. If only ncsoft could give incentives for players to actually help lowbie and not getting them slaughtered in dungeon because they refuse to wait 10 second.And no,that daily challenge is not all that newbie friendly considering that most 6m daily requires 5xxap+. I would say nc at least do something to make running those dungeon easier for newbies e.g. increase damage by 10% for each player below a certain level or based on the duration they have started with that character. 

I didn't even know that. Every time it was run, it was always 2 people per station, I assumed that it was the dungeon design.

I did the Necro with my lvl 49 destroyer. No one say saying because I was in there with one of my guidmates and he even stated he will make up for my dps lol. Which he did considering he was a lvl 50 HM 8 BD @@.

Last night tomb of exilies was the daily group have 5 lvl 50's and one lvl 37. As soon as they saw the lvl 37 in there every lvl 50 drop the group. One even said the lvl 37 is wasting his time @@. I pretty much let the LVL 37 I will run it with him. So it was only me and him in the party.  To be honest I don't feel he slow me down a lot VS everyone rushing. Maybe it took an extra 5mins at most. But the lvl 37 seems really happy and  appericate I stayed. The outfit drop and he didn't even bid on it. He got all the drop from the dungeons expect the outfit and I am sure this will help with a lot.

4 hours ago, spongemike said:

Last night tomb of exilies was the daily group have 5 lvl 50's and one lvl 37. As soon as they saw the lvl 37 in there every lvl 50 drop the group. One even said the lvl 37 is wasting his time

That's a very good example of how stupid people are. I mean, tomb of exiles where every lv. 50 can brain-afk solo everything. And they all leave because one person with the right level for that dungeon was in? Really nice, These people don't even realize that they waste their own time searching for another group (for a ***** lv. 36 dungeon) instead of just doing it with anyone who is in group.

actually the recomended lvl in DGs is just a reference

since i want to play most on my wl(its way easier to get what i need on wl than on sin) for upgrades i needed to get my wl dg ready for purples while my sin stayed stuck with awake siren/true siren acc/awake pirate weap at 466 and i just did main quest leaving me at lv49 around 50% to go for 50(hm5 since i had it be4 50 patch hits)

during that time i could join any pty there was plenty of ppl asking 400~+ necro/lair and 450+ yeti (i was 466 as said be4 and sins got a buf similiar to kfm)

basicly at 49 i could join any pty wich ppl placed requirements to run i saw some cases where they even asked just for a sin to buf in 4m.

u might say i was 49 but mind u that thats not the only case

its not gears the only thing that require u to do X dg, the most important part is QUESTS and yes u get quests to enter moonwater DGs in ur 30s almost 40 and thats the main reason why ppl join a dg with an higher recomended lvl(dont forget some of them can be new players also)

also its lvl50s fault for lfping instead of forming a group that creates such behaviour and the toxic comunity.

i remember runing blue lv45 DGs as low as lv38  for quest/upgrade items and NOT DIEING being lower lvl might not have much importance. also a blue DG dificulty is pretty low and green DGs can be soloed at recomended lvl even blues depending on class.

I have been able to do level 50 dungeons for two levels now, I actually hate seeing a 50 in a level 40's dungeon. Do you know why? They run  through all the trash just to get to the boss while the 40's die, i have more repair's in a dungeon run with 50's. Now as for the 50 dungeons, like i stated i have all the qualifications to be in 50 dungeons since level 48, i have been asked to leave i have been told i don't belong in there, people are rude. Blade and Soul thinks i should be able to run those dungeons, i am more then qualified. IF you don't want a 48-49 in a 50 dungeon then may i suggest it should just be open to 50's with that being said then 20 dungeons should just be for 20's and 30 dungeons for 30 and 40 dungeons just for 40's. I actually like doing trash i get xp for it and i hate dying every time a 50 is running through....

Yes the Afkers are annoying i have been in many were some one runs in and never moves and gets credit for being afk. I didn't realize until i saw this post it was because of NO 50. A  bunch of 40's were in a dungeon with 2 50's only one played the other with a rating of HM9 afked at the beginning, why afk?

Archived