The Gunner Manifesto (Blade and Soul NEEDS a gun class)

Orellandria

i highly doubt it's gonna be gunner, archer or spear wielder

Q: Any information regarding a new class beyond the Qi Master?
A: Qi Master will arrive this winter, and there will be a new class next year as well. It will not be a hybrid, and has yet to appear in the game before. All I can say is, it is a class which has been highly-anticipated for some time.

the keywords for saying what i said " It will not be a hybrid, and has yet to appear in the game before ". that includes NPC's ofc

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/30/2016 at 1:18 PM, Orellandria said:

NCsoft has stated that a new class will be released in 2016, speculation leads to 3 potential candidates; a gun class, an archer class or a spear class.

I need to put in my vote for a Gun Class, I think the idea of a Martial Arts Gun Fighting style to be super cool. If you see Equilibrium you'll understand. 

3 hours ago, Yagion said:

A: Qi Master will arrive this winter, and there will be a new class next year as well. It will not be a hybrid, and has yet to appear in the game before. All I can say is, it is a class which has been highly-anticipated for some time.

the keywords for saying what i said " It will not be a hybrid, and has yet to appear in the game before ". that includes NPC's ofc

That is an assumption. 

9 minutes ago, gothicshark said:

That is an assumption. 

assumption with info. they clearly said that the 10th class hasn't appeared in game yet. gunner, archer and spear wield exist in game as NPC

25 minutes ago, Yagion said:

assumption with info. they clearly said that the 10th class hasn't appeared in game yet. gunner, archer and spear wield exist in game as NPC

Basically they are saying the next class is not going to be like the Chi master which is a combo of two other classes. In reality the statement has no other meaning as NPCs have all other suggested classes, and play styles. If I could read Korean I would find out what Korean Players are asking for. Anything else is pure assumption. 

5 hours ago, Yagion said:

That quote "has yet to appear in the game before" is a bit of a double edge sword info right there because it could mean a lot of things either being...

1) Has yet to appear in the game before as a class for players to play.

2) Has yet to appear in the game before as something used by NPCs and/or player characters.

3) Has yet to appear in the game before as something players has seen.

4) Has yet to appear in the game before as something in the game directly or mentioned in the game.

5) Has yet to appear in the game before as something players can use.

and etc.

If the developers could clear up this quote to what they mean it would be easier to assume what the class is but for now the best I could do is assume they mean by has yet to appear in the game before as a class for players to play as this part of the quote is a very vague detail mentioned with a lot of possible meanings and can easily lead to a lot of misunderstandings.

I prefer a game where we have many options and very few restrictions but this is a bad idea because i know for a fact a lot of people will use aim hack specially bots, aim hack is like bot it can't be easily detected. And shooting games have aim assist which kind of clokes aim hack, in this game guns lock on to target if enemy is in range so it will be worse. If you want proof download fps games and you will see people use it in most of the games. On the first day you will a *cricket* load of player complaining. Unless ncsoft can guaranty this will not happen but i think we all know ncsoft says a lot of things. There are people already complaining about hackers using gun in soulstone plains. Instead of a new class what they need to do is fix up all the problems and remove the fricken invisible walls i feel trapped because of them.  

6 hours ago, EdwinLi said:

That quote "has yet to appear in the game before" is a bit of a double edge sword info right there because it could mean a lot of things either being...

1) Has yet to appear in the game before as a class for players to play.

2) Has yet to appear in the game before as something used by NPCs and/or player characters.

3) Has yet to appear in the game before as something players has seen.

4) Has yet to appear in the game before as something in the game directly or mentioned in the game.

5) Has yet to appear in the game before as something players can use.

and etc.

If the developers could clear up this quote to what they mean it would be easier to assume what the class is but for now the best I could do is assume they mean by has yet to appear in the game before as a class for players to play as this part of the quote is a very vague detail mentioned with a lot of possible meanings and can easily lead to a lot of misunderstandings.

the quote is crystal clear. the quote speaks generally, and when someone speaks generally it refers to any kind of scenario. for example, if i say that i haven't done drugs before, i mean that i haven't done drugs at all. it doesn't mean that i haven't done drugs before i was 20 years old, and i did drugs when i was 25. when someone says that hasn't done drugs before(and he means in any possible scenario) you'd unconsciously believe him. here that it's exactly the same you have doubts. as it seems you want gunner, and this ruins it for you

6 hours ago, Yagion said:

the quote is crystal clear. the quote speaks generally, and when someone speaks generally it refers to any kind of scenario. for example, if i say that i haven't done drugs before, i mean that i haven't done drugs at all. it doesn't mean that i haven't done drugs before i was 20 years old, and i did drugs when i was 25. when someone says that hasn't done drugs before(and he means in any possible scenario) you'd unconsciously believe him. here that it's exactly the same you have doubts. as it seems you want gunner, and this ruins it for you

As I am a more open to all possibilities type of person I am not one to assume anything is aboslutely certain until a actual revealing happens. This includes what a class can be or can not be. I do not deny that it may not be a Gunner class or any other class already mentioned here but until a actual revealing happens I prefer to remain open to all posibilities considering this interview is a translation of what is being said and the person being interviewed is not a actual english speaker but his words are being translated into english instead.

I also only open up the possibility of a Gunner class or any Physical Range Combat class because there is no direct revealing on what the class will be but what it may be. Heck, data miners were even finding data folders containing Gunner class information from Act 6 and Act 7 updates which lead to people believing we may get Gunner class as the 9th class but we got Soul Fighter as our 9th class instead. Everything now is more of speculations made by us the community and unless a person working in B&S development actual confirms what we are assuming we are uncertain what the outcome may be. 

No matter what the 10th class will be people will be upset and mad it turned out to be what it is while others will be happy and greatful for what it turned out to be. That is the only thing we all can be absolutely certain about until a actual revealing happens which is still months away.

On 4/1/2016 at 9:51 AM, Tsuchiryu said:

Only in terms of number of existing classes. Certainly not in terms of balance for endgame content. Refer to various topics where people suggest to reroll a ranged class for those who only have melee ones. I've done much of that endgame as a melee, so trust me when I say people advicing for ranged have a point.

A gunner class would be one extra ranged to choose from. Not a bad thing in itself. Biggest problem with that is the potential imbalance such class would bring.

I think you misunderstand what those threads are complaining about. 

People suggest rolling ranged because they can somewhat nullify the crap optimization in the new area as they don't have to jump into the chaos of multiple mobs and players to do damage from a safe distance (mainly soulstone plains and grand harvest event) , while melee characters unfortunately have to deal with the probable framerate drops along with any telegraphs mobs will throw out. I also run a melee as well as a ranged,  and I still feel my BM without the issues mentioned can out-perform sums and locks; FMs are the only arguable one. 

As I've said, no class is overly unbalanced in this game. Those that are tend to be hit with nerfs or just left behind while the rest improve (eg. Sum).

10 hours ago, Yagion said:

If you say you haven't done drugs, it implies illicit drugs which society deems illegal. It does not include this list of common drugs most humans have consumed: Caffeine, Aspirin, Prescription Drugs (including Marijuana in California), Over the counter Drugs, Alcohol, cinnamon,  and several seasonings which in large doses can cause drugged out effects. 

More often or not "I don't do Drugs" only refers to Cocaine, Methamphetamine, Illegal Opiates, and certain illegal party drugs like LSD & "E" back in the day (honestly I miss the E from the UK back in 1993, long story of me raving in London).  

That said, if asked "Do you take drugs?" my answer is "no", now since I'm in poor health and 45 years old, I take 8 Prescription drugs every day and 1 injection every week, and a super specialized high tech and costly injection every 2 weeks , plus I drink a ton of Caffeine (love Coffee and Tea), I use a ton of seasonings in my cooking, and even though I am allergic to THC, if I was using it it wouldn't count. 

Frame of reference in some statements is very important. 

The interview where the Dev team member mentioned the 10th class, was spent mostly talking about the Hybrid Class "Qi Master"  the exact quote " It will not be a hybrid, and has yet to appear in the game before. All I can say is, it is a class which has been highly-anticipated for some time."  

If you look, the first sentence, "It will not be a hybrid, and has yet to appear in the game before." <- one idea, Not a Hybrid, not like a current Player class. Nothing more can be inferred, except it will not have copies of current powers found in other classes, which many classes in B&S have right now. The Second sentence is what is telling "All I can say is, it is a class which has been highly-anticipated for some time." This means it is something that Korean players felt was missing from the game at launch. It is something that fits the setting, and might be the same or similar to what we see in NPCs. The only way to know is to read the Korean B&S forums, and get a feeling of what they have been asking for. 

• 4 months later...
On 4/2/2016 at 5:51 PM, Yagion said:

judging from this i am going to say  its dual wield weapons probly kodachi master basicly a BM on a higher tier of dmg with a completely different move set considering we dont have a dual wield character in game or npc  and i wouldnt count asura  tho he hold 2 swords can also consider nunchucks, the iron fan style is also there either giant fan or dual small fans /spear /gunner etc.. how ever game makers will not always tell you the truth untill its time to show product at that point you'll be  like (oh i thoguth they werent doing that etc.) it happens we just have to wait and see.

Tbh gunner makes alot of sense for a next class ( and i hope for it ) , considering the base for it its already in the game , many npcs use guns  , there are game files in the game data indicating it , and if nothing else just look at Poharan , Soha and her brother its one of the most obvious gunners in the game utilizing martial arts and gunplay , not to mention the whole school based around it , so love vise it fits right in and it would make the most sense for the next class to be a gunner type class but that just my 2 cents on the mater i guess

2 hours ago, Napping said:

I'd quit the game dragging with me several veterans if Gunner was ever released. 

It's already not aesthetically pleasing enough that most of NPCs I fight are demons and monsters that look completely wacked.

I have a feeling that won't be the case. If the gun class ends up anything like a FM without heals, it'll be the weakest thing ever. A ranged class without any defense, maybe they could preform some counter with their rifle, but other than that they might just come out extremely weak.

Plus guns are not only in BnS, but are prevalent throughout the entire BnS universe! Literally all self respecting factions have a gunner! They also have bowmen, and spear-men! Why can't we play as any of those classes is beyond me! 

18 minutes ago, ARC1276 said:

I have a feeling that won't be the case. If the gun class ends up anything like a FM without heals, it'll be the weakest thing ever. A ranged class without any defense, maybe they could preform some counter with their rifle, but other than that they might just come out extremely weak.

Plus guns are not only in BnS, but are prevalent throughout the entire BnS universe! Literally all self respecting factions have a gunner! They also have bowmen, and spear-men! Why can't we play as any of those classes is beyond me! 

I don't have good impressions of gunners from the main quest; I hate them. They screwed with me; even Soha did. Grrrrrrr

A bowman would look ridiculous though. You can't draw your arrow and bow when a melee opponent is on your face. It would be silly otherwise.

The same goes for gunners. Make their skills available only when they're a certain distance from their target; then it'd be good.

And are they supposed to run out of bullets and arrows?

Yeah bring more Ranged classes..we dont have enough here..  we need more guys that can ignore npc melee range mechanics and laugh about the little melee that die, cuz he tank this npc that they can make dmg.. 

come on ncsoft bring more range classes, maybe with selfheal, a pet and a "transform into a mech" skill for ego boost dmg... 

Sry for my sarcasm, but a gunner class.. pls not..  a spear guy maybe with a shield or anything.. thats what i want here, more classes that makes this game balanced ( meele <-> range)

Edit:  And Ncsoft, stop creating new classes and take out the best of all other classes to make the "new" one more attractive.

We have:

-5 melee classes that use physical attacks

-3 ranged classes that use magical/magic-like attacks

-1 hybrid class that tends to fight up-close.

So I think that we should have one more ranged class. Gunner/Archer fits the BnS universe, no matter how you try to deny it (lol), and it would become first ranged class that ever use physical attack.

And being balanced or not is not really the player's concern, you know, but it's the job of the developer team to receive feedback and considering balance between classes. WL was OP when first released, then got nerfed months later.

I don't mind if it's a crossbow, though :P

9e31ef305533391faf0cc129e0e6d2db.jpg

Archived